ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, exactly, but it is silghtly disconcerting to me the way they were conducting themselves. It almost had a voyeuristic feel about it. Maybe it's just me.

I feel the media has taken a voyeuristic approach to the whole investigation. When you see them trying to take photographs through windows or an active crime scene and when LE specifically asked that they conduct themselves appropriately when they were clearing out personal posessions, there was no concern or respect for the families. The media needed just needed more ratings.

I'm disagree and you may want to check the wording on LE's press releases. They do not use the term 'cleared', that's something the media is using but they are listed as not suspect at this time.

Evidence can evolve and while I'm not saying it will, those who were listed as not supects at this time were listed to stop people on social media from doxxing them and their families and literally causing public embarassment.
I absolutely agree with you that LE never used the word "cleared" and I argued early on with people on different forums about that.

The best place to check and recheck facts related to this case is to refer to the Moscow Police Department's dedicated webpage: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
They do a wonderful job at updating it regularly, and also announcing when it's been updated. In fact, there is a section entitled: "Who is NOT believed to be involved?" I think they chose those words very wisely.

Earlier this week, LE has stated that as new evidence and tips come in, they are re-interviewing people. IMO, that means no one is ruled out.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

It was White. We’ve had every color of the rainbow for her car. It was white.
Boy am I ever sorry for thinking it was red, and sharing that thought. It was very late last night when I said it and I've already stood corrected so can we please move on from the color of K's SUV?? (Lol) It doesn't really matter anyway.

About the sorority ride, yes confirmed by K’s dad so I think we can take it as fact that it was not an Uber/Lyft. Also, in my experience sorority DD (designated/sober drivers) are typically younger girls in the sorority. So say an 18-19 year old girl in said sorority giving rides to the older girls.

So IMO it’s likely that this ride was given by a young girl who was probably (MOO) pretty easy to clear quickly, and not some random stranger like an Uber driver.

Getting back to the neighbor's Ring camera.... If it recorded the dog being let out, wouldn't it also have recorded other activity that night...... People coming and going, vehicles....
The ring camera is on the grey house to the right of 1122 King Rd. That house faces to the right - so the back of the house is next to 1122 King Rd. The Ring camera is on the front of the grey house and faces right, with the angle of the Ring camera capturing traffic on Queen Rd to the left of the front of the grey house and straight ahead on King Rd. The Ring camera would not show any part of the property at 1122 King Rd. It is helpful to look at this on Googlemaps to understand the lay of the land better.

Maybe. Having had many sliding doors in rentals, seems unworkable for that purpose to me. But once again, I'm not seeing investigative relevance, which is my point.

It is possible that the slider could not be locked and therefore was never locked.

That's the relevance.

Perhaps there's now a bar locking it. We don't know. Maybe the stools are still there - no one is taking daily pictures of the slider, but I would assume dowling or metal rod was procured if the door didn't lock.

Clearly marked as sold.

My opinion is that the jacket did sell and was shipped to the buyer (since those communications were back on April). I'm thinking the person asking about the sweater could have been a buyer on a totally different item (since a sweater and jacket are very different) and that she was using the jacket ad to expand her efforts in trying to reach Maddie. JMO.

DNA could not be matched to a suspect unless LE had a suspect already, or found one through DNA already in CODIS. (Genetic genealogy can do wonders, but we saw a case solved just yesterday, where it took over three years to find a match that way.)

It’s even worse with fingerprints. If LE doesn’t already have a suspect for fingerprint comparison, the fact that they haven’t matched someone’s fingerprints means nothing—except that no one in the house had had fingerprints taken by LE in the past.

MOO
There are cases where LE asks for cheek swab DNA from everyone interviewed who is known to have been in a residence (ie. party/25-30 people attended and interviewed)...of course one can refuse the request. I hope/wish LE here have done that.

The case of Jill Halliburton Su was just featured on Dateline 3 weeks ago.The Figure in the House-Jill Halliburton Su

About the sorority ride, yes confirmed by K’s dad so I think we can take it as fact that it was not an Uber/Lyft. Also, in my experience sorority DD (designated/sober drivers) are typically younger girls in the sorority. So say an 18-19 year old girl in said sorority giving rides to the older girls.

So IMO it’s likely that this ride was given by a young girl who was probably (MOO) pretty easy to clear quickly, and not some random stranger like an Uber driver.
To be honest, this is the first time that I've heard that K's dad has said anything about the private party that picked up the girls. I think I've read everything on this case as I've been home for the past 2 weeks recovering from surgery with nothing else to do. LOL!

Please remember that there is an eye witness by the name of Joe Vidot who was at the food truck chatting with the girls (this is the infamous Twitch video that has been widely shared and viewed). This article says, "Later Vidot said the two young women were picked up in a dark four-door sedan. Describing their collection, he commented: "A guy got out and yelled 'hurry up.' "

Social media is rabid right now and I fear that if LE indicated that they had a POI based on evidence, more people would be stalked online and more reputations would be harmed.

Wouldn't it also cause a unkown POI to panic and possibly make it harder to locate them?

Panic sometimes (often) makes people easier to find. If they do know who he is, they may also figure they know how to make him panic.

I figure that they have someone in mind who might have borrowed an Elantra around the time of the murders, and they want the actual owner to speak to them. They may even have a clue who that person is and perhaps that person has not responded to phone calls or door knocks. They're giving them a chance to come clean (or be charged with accessory after the fact down the line?)

There are cases where LE asks for cheek swab DNA from everyone interviewed who is known to have been in a residence (ie. party/25-30 people attended and interviewed)...of course one can refuse the request. I hope/wish LE here have done that.

The case of Jill Halliburton Su was just featured on Dateline 3 weeks ago.The Figure in the House-Jill Halliburton Su

That is standard operating procedure, IMO. Problem here is that reconstructing who was at the parties might be difficult and so far, no general call for swabs from party goers.

The two downstairs roommates may or may not have been regular party-goers or may not have lived there a long time (we don't know). Whoever did this, if they had been to parties, targeted only some of the housemates. Perhaps those housemates knew him in some way (or would recognize him - or at least, he thought so).

I'm disagree and you may want to check the wording on LE's press releases. They do not use the term 'cleared', that's something the media is using but they are listed as not suspect at this time.

Evidence can evolve and while I'm not saying it will, those who were listed as not supects at this time were listed to stop people on social media from doxxing them and their families and literally causing public embarassment.
I think M PD has said those individuals were "not believed to be involved." Which is a lot stronger than "not a suspect at this time."

If people on SM don't calm down, there is a real possibility that somebody is going to get hurt and at this point, People are doxxing people who LE have indicated were not suspects, family members of people LE does not consider suspects and worked hard at leaving ugly reviews for a medical professional that may or may not be related to someone LE does not consider to be a suspect.
People need to just calm down and respect other people's privacy. Yeah... that could happen...

I think M PD has said those individuals were "not believed to be involved." Which is a lot stronger than "not a suspect at this time."
Means the same thing IMO.

Edited to add: they both use CYA (cover your *advertiser censored**) lingo to give room to the possibility that the person could be a suspect in the future. One says “not BELIEVED involved” the other “not suspect AT THIS TIME”.

Last edited:
<snipped for focus>

Anyhow, either he crossed the border already, or maybe sold it to a cheap dealership at Midwest, for example. JMO.
If he crossed the Canadian border already and was driving a white Elantra, then they'll be able to review their digital photos from November 13 to current, as all vehicles entering Canada from the U.S. are photographed from front and back for license plate number, etc.

If he crossed the Canadian border already and was driving a white Elantra, then they'll be able to review their digital photos from November 13 to current, as all vehicles entering Canada from the U.S. are photographed from front and back for license plate number, etc.

I would hope they have the car's owner's passport flagged because he could have ditched the car, driven a different one, or rode with a family member or friends, or taken a bus.

The one glaring difference is the agents from last night clearly did NOT want to be recognized. Also pay attention to them while they are inside the house. They enter the one bedroom with their heads tilted so their faces cannot be seen by the camera filming outside, just like when they exit the house and get into the vehicle.
I don't see it that way. I doubt they were intentionally evading cameras. They had somber work to do. There's no need to cheese for the cameras.

BTW, has it been estimatef how long they were there? If it was as brief as the video suggests, I think they have a very hot lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa