ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel terrible for Dylan. I may mat not understand the wait to call 911 or her thinking her roommates were just passed out, but I’m sure she was traumatized, in shock, in fear, maybe/probably intoxicated and not thinking clearly - who knows, but that poor girl has to live with this for her entire life.
I agree with the probably coming down from drinking that evening seeing everything playing out hearing it all and really not know what do to especially since she was alone. Maybe in shock never reacting until she heard the other roommate come upstairs. So sad.

No can judge the house mate. It is well known the fight/flight/freeze response. By the time it sunk in she would have been terrified and likely panicked and froze. She will live with this for the rest of her life, she doesn't need criticising. It wasn't her fault.
I would have been frozen for hours, having no idea where that person could be and terrified to make a sound. Horrible. Horrible.

I don't think so. They have footage of him circling the house in the car at least 3 times before the murders. It doesn't seem he actually entered the house until approximately 4:15 am, in between Xana's phone records showing her on TikTok and cameras near the house recording what sounds like the murder. MOO
He basically murdered all 4 people in less than 5 minutes.

Given that Maddie and Kaylee were found in the same bed and the sheath was beside them, it likely came off him if attached to waist whilst either of them struggled with him, I know it’s horrible but at least in their final moments they were able to do something which would bring their own killer to justice.
RIP - Maddie, Kaylee, Xana, Ethan

my question, is if he saw DM? it doesn't sound like it, but it seems strange. and as crazy as it seems so easy to think to react, that mustve been so traumatizing. unbelievable. she mustve been quacking in her boots for hours.

it all seems pretty obvious. i am curious how he thinks he may play this. how he even kept the same car so long is just bizarre, given his education and knowledge.

it may be for a variety of reasons. It's 4:30am, she doesn't want to seem like a hysterical female. She's in shock. She's too afraid, goes back to her room, locks herself in, the place is quiet so she shakes her head and goes back to sleep.
Also, the affidavit says DM heard something to the effect of "It's okay, I'm going to help you."

In the shock and confusion of encountering someone in the house at that hour and not wanting to believe he could have been a danger, she may have convinced herself - based on having heard the offer of help - that it must have been a friend who'd been invited, maybe a friend of EC's.

I’m confused why it took 8 hours to call 911. I get being scared but thats a long time and assuming the cell was in room with her.
It's very possible that she had no idea what had just happened to the victims and thought, "Must be a friend of one of the other roommates" and locked her door and went to sleep. I honestly cannot think of another scenario that would fit this behavior. If it was fear, seems she would have dialed 911 immediately after locking her door.

Her experience is eerily reminiscent to one of the Ted Bundy survivors in the Chi Omega Tallahassee sorority house, Nita Neary, who likewise saw Bundy walk out of the house after the killings. The police sketch from her description looked a lot like Bundy and was used in evidence at this trial.
Could it be that she was the unconscious roommate? Maybe she wasn’t able to call 911. How awful. I had chills reading the affidavit.

No can judge the house mate. It is well known the fight/flight/freeze response. By the time it sunk in she would have been terrified and likely panicked and froze. She will live with this for the rest of her life, she doesn't need criticising. It wasn't her fault.
This was also the party house. Random people wandering through at all hours of the day and night might have been a common occurrence. I hope she can get through this. NOT her fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member