ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this forward from the last thread because I truly want others' ideas on this:

Okay. Apologies if this has been posted about already -- it's nearly impossible to keep up right now.

One fascinating (to me) revelation from the PCA is how clearly it indicates that LE wasn't being forthright about even those few details of the case that it chose to make public. I'm going to zero in on one "fact" that was posted repeatedly by Moscow PD: "The other roommates [meaning DM and BF] did not wake up until later that morning." (I''m quoting from memory here.)

After reading the PCA, it's clear that this was a blatantly misleading statement. DM was both an ear witness and an eye witness! And in no way did she sleep through the killings, which is what was implied. (IIRC, E's mother softly contradicted this, alluding to the fact that the girls downstairs had heard something. Now we know what she was referring to.)

I'm not outraged that LE lied about this -- I completely understand why they would have felt this was the safer thing to do rather than drawing attention to the fact that one of the survivors could potentially help ID the killer.

However, and here is my point and my question to my fellow WebSleuths : What other details might have deliberately misrepresented in initial reports/LE communications? And why?

I still expect him to have left blood at the scene. Maybe LE wanted to hold that back from the PCA because analysis of DNA at crime scene wasn’t final and they had enough?

I think I copied and pasted your post from the past thread on about p 3 of this one and answered it. It's a great post. Just wanted you to know some of us are trying to discuss. You should keep it and post it again tomorrow or at least at a later time, when things have slowed down.

After reading the PCA, IMO, two were killed by means of slitting their throats and the other two through stabbing. I believe this is what SG meant by very different means of death.

XK and EC were killed with the edge of the weapon which means a slit throat or decapitation. KG and MM were killed by stab wounds. This makes me think KG and MM were targets and XK and EC were caught in the crossfire, as IMO stabbing is a lot more personal (slitting a throat is horrible, don't get me wrong...but I just means it would be a little different than placing 10 plus different stab wounds around someone's body).

And by slitting their throats, it could indicate a rush to get out as its usually quicker rather than inflicting multiple stab wounds around the body. OR that he was getting tired, which could be why IF he did know their to be more housemates (from stalking the area previous times) he decided to stop at four. :( just my opinion, don't come for me.
I believe the Coroner stated all died of stab wounds to the upper torso area.

I do not blame the surviving roommate. She could be in extreme shock. also we can't emphasize enough that this was undergrad off campus housing and residents could have been desensitized to seeing and hearing all kinds of things, certainly including unknown guests in the house at all hours and all kinds of noises. I did not read that she saw him with a dripping knife. Dark clothes des not mean anything bad. And wearing a mask over nose and mouth is common.

I will say what is notable about it though is the defense attorneys will make something of it attempting to damage her credibility.
People were in and out of that house constantly at night. It has been said by numerous people numerous times it was a party house. It probably was not the first time DM was awakened and saw someone coming in or going out of the house.

JMO

Seriously! I don't think I've been pulled over 4 times in my whole life. He was pulled over 4 times in the span of 4 months.
I came back to a few new pages, so did something new come out? He got pulled over august 21, twice in Indiana and when is the fourth time?

This mastermind can’t even follow the rules of the road correctly, apparently

How frightened afterward D must have been, knowing that she saw him, and he saw her. Afraid he'd come after her. Must have really shook her up when the info came out that there were roommates who survived and her name came out. Something she will live with for the rest of her life.
We don't know if he saw her. It is possible. But we don't know that yet. Imo.

Bringing this forward from the last thread because I truly want others' ideas on this:

Okay. Apologies if this has been posted about already -- it's nearly impossible to keep up right now.

One fascinating (to me) revelation from the PCA is how clearly it indicates that LE wasn't being forthright about even those few details of the case that it chose to make public. I'm going to zero in on one "fact" that was posted repeatedly by Moscow PD: "The other roommates [meaning DM and BF] did not wake up until later that morning." (I''m quoting from memory here.)

After reading the PCA, it's clear that this was a blatantly misleading statement. DM was both an ear witness and an eye witness! And in no way did she sleep through the killings, which is what was implied. (IIRC, E's mother softly contradicted this, alluding to the fact that the girls downstairs had heard something. Now we know what she was referring to.)

I'm not outraged that LE lied about this -- I completely understand why they would have felt this was the safer thing to do rather than drawing attention to the fact that one of the survivors could potentially help ID the killer.

However, and here is my point and my question to my fellow WebSleuths : What other details might have deliberately misrepresented in initial reports/LE communications? And why?

I still expect him to have left blood at the scene. Maybe LE wanted to hold that back from the PCA because analysis of DNA at crime scene wasn’t final and they had enough?
This isn't unusual. LE lie and misrepresent things all the time for various reasons. Here, I'd say it was to try and not tip their hand to BK and to protect the surviving roommates or at least provide them with more of a sense of security than they would have had if it was announced they saw/heard the crime.

IMO his intended target was on the 3rd floor. I think that Xana or Ethan heard him as he was exiting originally and they had to then be dealt with as it sounds like Xana was awake and maybe came out of her room before DM opened her door the 3rd time. Just IMO. I am not sure he would have even headed to Xana’s room had her door remained shut.
Kohberger has been reported as having made anti-LGBTQ comments (Idaho 'killer' is accused of scaring female staff at brewery). Perhaps his visit was to be on the third floor to just scare/threaten Kayla or Madison, and when he saw the two of them sleeping in the twin bed, he assumed they were more that friends and he snapped. Until we know the origin of the initial murder, there's no way of knowing where in the house he went first.

I don't know. I just know that they worked there.

When we put together the information that he harassed servers for dates and became angry or rude when turned down, two of the victims worked in a restaurant that serves vegan food, the restaurant closes at 10 PM on Saturdays, in late August the suspect was at their home at 10:35 PM and remained for an hour, then returned another 11 times prior to the murders, plus the fact that Kaylee had moved out and Ethan was a guest ... for me ... that makes Madison and/or Xana the target(s).

Madison's bedroom was clearly visible from the hill at the back of the house. Xana's bedroom was at the front of the house, and Kaylee's bedroom not as easy to see into the bedroom.

The sheath on Madison's bed suggests to me that he first used the knife in Madison's bedroom and maybe heard noise in Xana's room (since she was still awake at 4 AM), so he forgot to pick up the sheath.
Yes!

Parks his car outfront sometime after 4:04.
Xana is still up and on tiktok at 4:12. He possibly watched her get Doordash and enter her room around 4. (Maybe this rushed him or could explain why he didn't enter earlier)
Enters the house and goes straight up stairs to the intended targets.
Comes back to the middle floor on the way out, X sees him and yells 'There's someone here!', runs to her room and slams the door (Thud on the neighbors video)
Seen driving away at 4:20

It could explain why he entered X/E's room at all. M or K could've been the only targets he had in mind that night, but X caught him off guard. Still a pretty tight timeline but definitely possible but oddly risky with at least one roommate up and a known dog in the house. The commotion from X/E's room could explain why he left evidence as he was now rushed and why it was the last room he entered

Or what about blood on the sliding glass door handle!?

what about blood on the sliding glass door handle? Surely there would be some?

They took that door handle into evidence. But it's not mentioned in the PCA.

Many ways to think about that. If he wore two pairs of gloves (nitrile/latex plus heavier gloves), then he peels off the outer gloves before he makes his exit (putting them in the pockets of his jacket). His sheathless knife might have remained in his hand, though. But if he was thinking clearly at all, he stuck it in an inner pocket of his jacket, probably worrying that he'd cut his own self.

Did he arrive in WA in August for school? I know the semester started 8/22, but how long before did he arrive?

That means he started to seek out victims almost immediately after moving there. Seems like he was thinking of murdering for quite some time before he moved and got started on this goal as soon as possible after moving.

I really don’t think he murdered before

MOO

Prior to this section of the PC is this re: D
Page 5

She opens her bedroom door three times for a reason. Spooked? I think by the time the killer is seen she is frozen in time and space as she watches him exit the sliding door. She was alarmed.

View attachment 392860

I wonder if Bryan wore fake bushy eyebrows bc his eyebrows are not thick and bushy. Oh, maybe it's bc he has deep set eyes that make the eyebrows appear prominent.

View attachment 392862
https://static.independent.co.uk/2022/12/30/17/Bryan Kohberger, Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle, Kaylee Goncalves.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto=webp
I would call those bushy eyebrows…

JMO

I believe the reason the killer didn’t kill DM is simply because he didn’t see her. When she opened the door the 3rd time she may have only opened it a tiny pinch. Just enough to see what the heck is going on. The opening was likely small enough to be missed by the killer especially if there were no lights on.

Since it was an ordinary event for students to go back and forth among various parties, with nearby Sigma Chi being a typical example - and there are 3 other similar houses nearby - I think the simplest explanation is that BK simply went and looked for parties at U of ID, where he would be a stranger and an older (from his POV) impressive grad student, and followed people from party to party. There are 2500 members of Greek life at U of ID, over a period of a few months, he would have seen quite a few of them more than once, narrowed down his focus, and then started sussing out whose living situation was most vulnerable.

JMO. Speculating.

True enough. And now that it's possible that he went south down toward Ouray, CO, makes even more sense (driving on a snow-cleared interstate is a bit different, but you're right, just going to get gas, etc, ends up with layers of ice and gunk in that kind of weather - I always forget that, as where I live, precipitation does not come down in the form of sleet or snow and instead, washes our cars for us.

In any case, no way that he was able to clean the interior well enough to destroy all blood evidence/DNA. Although he might have been prepared with plastic bags, it appears he did not wear booties. So I doubt he put booties on in his car - but maybe. Maybe he had a seat cover and then removed it. I hope, if so, they find a record of him ordering said seat cover not too long before the murders. He does appear to have been very concerned with planning around blood splash and transfer.
Imagine driving that matchbox car in the mountains around Ouray lol

This isn't unusual. LE lie and misrepresent things all the time for various reasons. Here, I'd say it was to try and not tip their hand to BK and to protect the surviving roommates or at least provide them with more of a sense of security than they would have had if it was announced they saw/heard the crime.
Is there a single thing LE lied about or misrepresented in this case?

Kohberger has been reported as having made anti-LGBTQ comments (Idaho 'killer' is accused of scaring female staff at brewery). Perhaps his visit was to be on the third floor to just scare/threaten Kayla or Madison, and when he saw the two of them sleeping in the twin bed, he assumed they were more that friends and he snapped. Until we know the origin of the initial murder, there's no way of knowing where in the house he went first.
Respectfully, I do not believe he was there with the intentions of just scaring somebody. Also, they weren't in a twin bed. By single bed they just mean one bed was in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa