ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what my wife has postulated. Great point. Apparently, TikTok is an app that if you leave it running on your device while you fall asleep, the App will continue to operate until it times out, presumably based on the settings on you device. Given this potential, I believe the prosecution would be hard-pressed to establish a timeline based on Xana’s TikTok usage
Couldn't X of had a TikTok page of her own and posted something on it at 4:12 other than her just scrolling through it?

What if she got the delivery and went to grab a plate or napkins or something and heard something upstairs, so she left it on the counter to check out the noise?

MOO
Possibly. But if you see the photo of said bag, it’s placed behind the sink next to dish soap etc… odd placement to grab napkin or plate … UNLESS that is an older bag and maybe she eats JNB often? Hell idk…. Can we hurry up and get to trial please sooo many questions IMO MOO….

Couldn't X of had a TikTok page of her own and posted something on it at 4:12 other than her just scrolling through it?
That is certainly plausible IMO. But that potential explanation is just one of many, which is why I believe the Tik Tok evidence is risky to rely on to establish the timeline. Just provides areas for the defense to create reasonable doubt. I am hopeful that for the forensic analysis of Xana’s cell phone will establish when she first opened the app

I was wondering if it could of been a quote from something they watched on Netflix at her dorm
The "good birthing hips" thing is actually a Dwight Schrute quote from the Office (the American version of the show).
FWIW, I had a hookup in 1989 who said this to me, 24 years before the (American) Office debuted. I don’t think we can make an assumption about the inspiration for this, even if he did say it.

The dasher came and left at 4:00am, no? BK was still parking at 4:04. IMO X had already gotten her food and was eating or starting to eat it somewhere when BK entered. The brown paper Jack in the Box bag was in the kitchen in early photos so IMO X took the food out, put the bag there, and then went to her room (MOO)
The dasher came and left at approximately 4:00am. It is possible for BK to have been in the house when the food was delivered.

"He seemed really nervous," a police source who was involved in the process tells PEOPLE. "He was narrating to himself everything that was happening. At one point, he was saying something to himself like 'I'm fine, this is okay.' Like he was reassuring himself that this whole thing wasn't awful."

The self narration is something. “It’s really sad what happened to them.” Just wow…

IMO BK’s self-narration is part of his effort to be in control.

Control himself, control the situation, control his victims, control the classroom as both a center-stage student and as a tough TA.

Directing even Xana’s last moments, “it’s ok, I’m going to help you.”

It seems to be self-soothing if he can talk his way through being arrested and extradited.

Just my guess.

I know we aren’t allowed to speculate on BK’s possible medical conditions, but it was interesting to me that he was described as narrating what was going on to himself.

"He was narrating to himself everything that was happening. At one point, he was saying something to himself like 'I'm fine, this is okay.'”

There are allot of common traits on mass murderers and shooters but I can’t find any on knife killers. Would they be lumped together? Like no empathy? Grandiose? Ackward socially or very personal? Bed wetting etc
Kemper stabbed. And choked. And strangled.

Bundy usually bludgeoned or strangled, but he cut little Kimberly Leach's throat.

Watts used multiple methods. Drowning. Stabbing. Strangulation.

So ...despite the fact that I've often read that Mo/method rarely changes, I suppose they actually do.

Imho

My thoughts exactly. The bag was left on the counter… but arrived at 4:00am goes upstairs eats (guessing) jumps on TT and boom gets murdered all in 12 minutes.. How did the bag get on the counter? She ate it where? Standing up in the kitchen ? In her room?
There's a partially finished drink with a straw in it basically next to the bag. Is that a JITB cup? The straw has lipstick on it. Also note, the plant has been disturbed. JMO

@gizmobtj
I received a one-time approval from a WS Admin for this article only from Airmail.news that gives a probable explanation for why the initial 911 call was coded as for a unconscious person, the tip from a gas station worker led to search for the White Elantra, the psychological impact on the investigators and how citizen sleuths played a critical role in the eventual arrest.

The article is from Howard Blum, a two-time Pultizer Prize winner who is a former New York reporter and Edgar Allen Poe Award winner. It's the first of a two-part series.

An Exclusive Look Inside the Idaho Murders: Part I (Paywall Version)

The Eyes of a Killer (Free Trial, Non Paywall Version)
LikeThank you for these links.

A few people mentioned that K was no longer living at this address, she was visiting to show her friends her new car. This is what was said a few pages ago. Did K post about these plans on social media? Where are we getting this information from?

It's possible BK saw that she would be returning to the house that night, did not know where she had moved to, and decided to use this as his chance to kill her. This is assuming M or X were not the targets. The viciousness of the wounds on K, where is Howard Blum finding this detail? It's frustrating when there are no sources linked.

Howard calls D's reaction inexplicable. There are many reasons why people don't want to have the police come into their personal space if it is not absolutely necessary. Maybe this was one of those instances. I suppose whoever D called will be on the stand & we'll hear what she said to them. The smell of the blood, there must have been blood on the doors, walls, floor, somewhere...the fact the the dog was locked in a room and probably relieved itself, the smell of that...all of it. I'm glad someone finally called the police.

I don't have a number but off the top of my head these killers did not know their victims;BTK, Ted Bundy Many were crimes of opportunity many were random victims that were targeted stalked and then killed. BTK killed whole families, Bundy killed the sorority girls in addition to his other victims, not sure if he falls in both categories.
Those losers didn’t have the benefit of social media either. Can you imagine the additional harm they may have caused if they did? I believe we will learn that the creep stalked these victims via all sorts of SM. Heartbreaking and certainly a lesson to be learned here for all of us. Especially our children and younger loved ones. Be safe everyone always.

But the driver would have taken a picture if it was a drop off and not a handoff and marked it delivered in the app
Are we certain he wasn’t the DD deliverer? TB was near his home and what better way to get near the property with a valid excuse. Uber creepy and horrific.

Is there a reason for the speculation / discussion about BK "practicing" or studying anatomy with a dummy or animal carcass? IMO, this seems like a big reach and borderline insensitive unless there is something suggesting otherwise at this time.

While BK was probably not a vegan because of concerns over animal rights (it sounds like it was more about compulsion and control, and / or weight loss), if he didn't eat food cooked out of vessels that previously had meat in them, I have a hard time imagining him working with animal bodies / corpses of any kind. Just IMO. He also left Murphy unharmed for some reason and the mutilated dog in Moscow is currently said to be unrelated to the crime per LE.

And while Kaylee's dad mentioned the precise location of Kaylee's stab wounds (in the service of perhaps differentiating them from other victims'), I doubt that he spent much time deliberating on where to make blows. I don't know if we can really speculate on whether or not the manner of death was executed with any manner of precision, or if that's at all relevant at this point. All IMO, but this seems like a strange line of speculation at this point.
Yes, the initial conversation was whether BK was a vegan for ethical or for health reasons (visual snow). If solely for health reasons, then he may have had no problem killing animals since killing one isn’t the same as ingesting one (obvs). Again, if he wrote those posts about VS then he was obsessed over the idea that a strict diet would make him better and that diet may have evolved into being a strict vegan.

The purpose of practicing on an animal (again, speculating) wasn’t to locate organs. This wasn’t clear in the conversation, but that was the intent. The purpose was to feel the weight of the knife in his hand as he made the motions, to get an idea of the amount of force needed to stab someone especially in the chest, and to act out his fantasy. The conversation was just an exploration of the possibility that he killed animals before people, just as many serial killers do. Maybe he got off on stabbing animals. Who knows?

So, that’s the reason for the speculation. Think of it as a thought experiment, If you will. I don’t think there’s anything insensitive about it.

Edited to add: For context, the conversation was in response to the question someone here asked about whether a dedicated vegan would carry a leather sheath.

Last edited:
A few people mentioned that K was no longer living at this address, she was visiting to show her friends her new car. This is what was said a few pages ago. Did K post about these plans on social media? Where are we getting this information from?
Kaylee had a job (maybe an internship?) lined up in Austin, TX that she was to begin in January. She had moved out of 1122 King road or was at least in the process of moving out (I'm not sure of an exact date -- maybe someone else knows?) and yes, was visiting for the weekend to show Maddie her new range rover.

Several weeks ago, a Facebook post where Kaylee was trying to sell her old car was circulating. She had mentioned in the post she was relocating to Texas, which stood out to many as something the suspect could have seen if he was stalking Kaylee's social media. Obviously, with a suspect in custody and charged, we don't know if that's the case -- but it was something discussed early on.

The dasher came and left at approximately 4:00am. It is possible for BK to have been in the house when the food was delivered.

Door dash normally takes a pic of the food when they drop it off so the photo would be time stamped. LE knows the time it was dropped off. MOO
That's my line of thinking re Door Dash and timeline. LE know exactly (to the minute) the time that the delivery was dropped off. This would have been verified by the driver through interview and time stamp. What is less clear is when XK perhaps went and collected the food from the front door, if it was just left there. Use of word 'approximately' in this instance, because, a) that's all LE deem necessary for purpose of PCA at this point, b) no evidence of exactly when XK took possession of delivery. All my opinon based off what is in the PCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa