ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of those chicken/egg type of things.

1. Did Kohberger begin stalking the residents of 1122 King Road and expand his stalking ground to The Mad Greek?

or

2. Did Kohberger visit The Mad Greek for their vegan options and encounter Maddie and Xana there?

I'm taking option 2 for today.

JMO
That’s my vote as well!
There were probably dog hairs in the bed,all over that house in fact. If they found even one of his hairs in BKs apartment or car..game over IMO.
I love doodles but for this case I wish Murphy was a husky or something!
He maybe book smart but has NO comman sense.
yeah Murphy has a pretty curly doodle coat so I bet he’s a low/now shedder

“This order is unnecessarily sweeping and broad and severely impedes the public’s understanding of a significant criminal investigation that profoundly impacted the community,” said Josh Hoffner, national news director for The Associated Press.
“Courts across this country are frequently able, even in the highest of high-profile cases, to find ways to balance defendants’ rights with the rights of the public to have vital information. There is no reason why this court can’t do the same,” Shelley said.

What "vital" information does the public have to have before trial? I don't get it.

None of us can say definitively what would or wouldn't affect trial until we have more information about the evidence, but there were things said that I, personally, don't think should have been -- such as KG's wounds being worse than the others, that LE had said only one student was the target, a big battle on the 2nd floor, KG and MM called J a bunch of times, etc.

I feel for the families and believe they should be able to speak out if they want to. I just hope they're getting appropriate guidance. The media has been exploiting them, IMO.

MOO
Thank you for sharing your opinions.
Although I perceive those very references differently, quite possibly within a different context and precedent, I value your willingness to identify your concerns.

I wonder how they knew so quickly that one hair was an "animal hair." I also looked up "hair" and "hair strand" definitions but did not find any meaningful distinction, such as whether the folicle was attached or not, etc.
MOO - The no blood trail in the post above this also perplexes me.

Especially given DM saw him walk out the house through the sliding glass door, presumably right after the attacks on 4 people!… Had he wiped his feet down before leaving the last victims room?

It just doesn’t make sense to me…. Unless they did have somewhat of a blood trail and just have yet to release that information to the public?

To me, based on the scant information we have, I infer MG was the target based on:

1. LE stated early that this was a targeted attack;

2. MG told people she was being stalked;

3. BK repeatedly tried to get a response from MG on her social media account; and

4. Unlike the other victims who were stabbed to death, MG was also mutilated.

I think it's a reasonable inference at this point, at least for purposes of this conversation.
Please could you provide a link that BK repeatedly tried to get a response from KG (I suspect maybe a typo here as I’m unsure who MG is?) on her social media account? I’ve not seen a name mentioned so far so I must have missed it? MOO

Please could you provide a link that BK repeatedly tried to get a response from KG (I suspect maybe a typo here as I’m unsure who MG is?) on her social media account? I’ve not seen a name mentioned so far so I must have missed it? MOO
Annnd this is why I think we should all be calling victims by their names. Because their names should be remembered.

What "vital" information does the public have to have before trial? I don't get it.
Let’s first contemplate the sweeping ramifications of this:
The amended order also prohibits any statement that is not a direct quote from court documents, and specifically calls out a number of specifically prohibited types of statements, including “any opinion as to the merits of the case or the claims or defense of a party,” and any statements about “evidence regarding the occurrences or transactions involved in the case.”

MOO - The no blood trail in the post above this also perplexes me.

Especially given DM saw him walk out the house through the sliding glass door, presumably right after the attacks on 4 people!… Had he wiped his feet down before leaving the last victims room?

It just doesn’t make sense to me…. Unless they did have somewhat of a blood trail and just have yet to release that information to the public?

LE doesn't have to release all information at this point in time. They only released the part that was pertinent.

Stab Wounds? Sharp Force Injuries?

snipped for focus. @XtremeScorpio
Speaking only to wording in above post, without reviewing S/W, one distinction between the two terms as I've seen other cases =

STAB WOUNDS suggest the weapon penetrates deeply into victim's flesh.
Perp holds knife, w fingers wrapped to form a fist around handle.
Suggests that perp begins attack w weapon in hand at a distance from the victim.
Thrust may be from perp's arm making an overhead swing, underhand swing, or sideways swing, resulting in substantial force, penetrating deeply into victims flesh.
Think:
Redirect Notice

SHARP FORCE Injuries suggest that w weapon in hand, perp starts attack w weapon already close to victim and runs it along/on top of the flesh, in a SLICING motion, not penetrating deeply. Typically a short-ish blade, maybe a short fixed blade knife, or a folding knife. Could be a utility or razor knife, or box-cutter. Even if wounds made w a short blade knife are not deep, the injuries can still be fatal.

KaBar or similar knife could inflict BOTH types of wounds/injuries.

ETA:
My post above assumes weapon is knife, rather than say broken glass.

ETA: Better explanation in link in my post, just a few downthread.
I cede to bigger, better brains in National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS).

imo jmo moo
Thank you for you thoroughly detailed reply. As I understood completely, the difference between a stab and sharp force cut, I'm now curious to know your opinion on whether you think E was standing up or laying down when attacked.

I would think that, if he was in the laying down position, his wounds would be more of a stab. I can picture him being in the standing up position and BK swiping to cut him and E jumping or hunching back, thus being sliced when contact was made. IDK, JMO.

seems to me, IMO, that if the cameras are off as far as time, they can go out and check them- both sides can look at the settings and determine the time error if there is one.
I know security and surveillance cameras can be off but could traffic cams be off in their times?? I would think they're automatically synced several times a day (MOO).

BBM: AFAIK, the match had not already been made before he (BK) had left Pullman in mid December. A sample of Mr Kohenberg Senior's dna was taken from PA Trash Can on 27 December. And matched to the sheath suspect sample (EBM) on 28th December. THe relevant quote from the Probable Cause Affadavit is below.

Probable Cause Affadavit P18 BBM

"On December 27, 2022, Pennsylvania Agents recovered the trash from the Kohberger family residence located in Albrightsville, PA. That evidence was sent to the Idaho State Lab for testing. On December 28,2022, the Idaho State Lab reported that a DNA profile obtained from the trash and the DNA profile obtained from the sheath, identified a male as not being excluded as the bioiogical father of Suspect Profile. At least 99.9998% of the male population would be expected to be excluded from the possibility of being the suspect's biological father."

EBM: spelling, quote format.
That has ALWAYS been my understanding.

I know security and surveillance cameras can be off but could traffic cams be off in their times?? I would think they're automatically synced several times a day (MOO).
not sure- I have seen cameras in my state go off line because of weather- you would think that the time syncs with a digital signal when they go back up but I guess like all electronics, there could be a glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637