FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going on memory here; always dangerous. I seem to recall cold case detectives and even the FBI have had a look at this case.
I remember seeing all the evidence folders and binders in one of the documentaries on Jennifer's abduction. Most likely Discovery Channels Disappeared.
At the time I thought I'd move Heaven and Earth to look through those.
However I presume the Kesse's and their team have had most of them for some time and the result is...... nothing much at all.

The really critical factor was Jennifer's condo being flooded with people including family long before any crime or crime scene was declared. Critical evidence was lost for sure.
We talked about the book, but I think that particular group only looks at cases at the request of law enforcement. And those are cases that law enforcement considers cold. As far as I know, Jennifer's case wouldn't qualify (by their standards).

All that's been happening is wash, rinse, and repeat. Make up some new stories without supporting evidence. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Point fingers. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Draw media attention to old stories. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Point fingers. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Pass the case to someone else. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Jennifer Kesse deserves better.

The FBI looked at the case. On June 22, 2010, Drew gave an interview and stated that the case had been transferred to the FBI (Websleuths Thread 10 Post 715). By January 23, 2011 he stated the fbi has given up (Websleuths Thread 11 post 27).
Three smart panels have looked at the case. Drew stated that in his 2014 January update (Websleuths Thread 1/24/2014- 8 years later- need answers).
Yes, three smart panels have looked at the case but have you noticed who was on those panels? What a waste of money and even the pittance of time allotted to a missing young woman.

I think the FBI took the case once at the family's insistence but passed it back as quickly as they could without doing any work on it. I'm not sure but I don't think there is a reason for the FBI to handle Jennifer's case. It's not likely she was trafficked. Or that may come up again in the next cycle of wash, rinse, and repeat.

Last edited:
We talked about the book, but I think that particular group only looks at cases at the request of law enforcement. And those are cases that law enforcement considers cold. As far as I know, Jennifer's case wouldn't qualify (by their standards).

All that's been happening is wash, rinse, and repeat. Make up some new stories without supporting evidence. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Point fingers. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Draw media attention to old stories. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Point fingers. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Pass the case to someone else. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Jennifer Kesse deserves better.

Yes, three smart panels have looked at the case but have you noticed who was on those panels? What a waste of money and even the pittance of time allotted to a missing young woman.

I think the FBI took the case once at the family's insistence but passed it back as quickly as they could without doing any work on it. I'm not sure but I don't think there is a reason for the FBI to handle Jennifer's case. It's not likely she was trafficked. Or that may come up again in the next cycle of wash, rinse, and repeat.
Who was on the smart panels? I don’t recall seeing that.

Looking at Jennifer's background would be a waste of time if she was abducted, raped, and murdered by one or two of the apartment complex workers to whom she had no significant connection
Generally speaking, those with little or no connection to the victim wont go to great lengths to hide someone. They might move the body, but only far enough for self preservation purposes. Those with intimate connections, real or perceived, will.

One thing thats been on my mind recently is Jennifer went missing 2 months after living alone for the first time in her life. Before moving to Mosaic, she always had a roommate or was living at home. She moved into Mosaic Thanksgiving weekend. The holidays in Orlando are crazy busy. It’s swamped with tourists. Traffic is horrible. If Jennifer had someone in her life that wanted her gone and planned this, I doubt they would have acted over the holidays. The city is just hard to navigate with all the tourists. By the end of January all the kids are back in school so the roads aren’t as congested. She was also gone for the vacation during this time. I don’t know if that went into the perp’s thought process, but it could be the answer to the timing. It could have been their first opportunity to act. I do think this was a targeted planned attack. I doubt it was a spur of the moment crime.

People might be thinking of the VIDOCQ society.
It is fair to say they are a highly talented group of cold case investigators. LE need to ask them to investigate a case.
LE has pretty much washed its hands of the Kesse investigation. While they are legally bound by law to pursue leads, the main thrust of the investigation is now being conducted by the private investigator hired by Jennifer's parents.

LE has pretty much washed its hands of the Kesse investigation. While they are legally bound by law to pursue leads, the main thrust of the investigation is now being conducted by the private investigator hired by Jennifer's parents.
Fdle‘s cold case unit has taken over it. We’ll see what happens. I wonder how long they’ll take to look over the case. The fbi didn’t even take a year.

Generally speaking, those with little or no connection to the victim wont go to great lengths to hide someone. They might move the body, but only far enough for self preservation purposes. Those with intimate connections, real or perceived, will.
I've heard that statement quite often, but it's a little overemphasized, in my opinion. There have been serial killers who abducted strangers but still went to the effort of burying their victims.

It may also be an outdated rule of thumb in that killers nowadays are aware of DNA, so hiding or destroying a body helps to ensure that DNA won't be found.

In this case, I think that the killer was a stalker or sexual predator who was aware of Jennifer. There's a high probability that it was one of the undocumented immigrants working at the apartment complex—so someone closely connected to the crime scene but not closely connected to Jennifer.

I've heard that statement quite often, but it's a little overemphasized, in my opinion. There have been serial killers who abducted strangers but still went to the effort of burying their victims.

It may also be an outdated rule of thumb in that killers nowadays are aware of DNA, so hiding or destroying a body helps to ensure that DNA won't be found.

In this case, I think that the killer was a stalker or sexual predator who was aware of Jennifer. There's a high probability that it was one of the undocumented immigrants working at the apartment complex—so someone closely connected to the crime scene but not closely connected to Jennifer.
Maybe, assuming the crime scene is within the condo complex. There is no evidence of that.

They had to wait months to do the first search in 2012. I’ve always wondered if someone got a heads up and moved her. She would have been skeletal by then.
It's possible. I think in that scenario, though, it might indicate her remains were contained in something. I think when time is taken to wrap remains or put them in a container of sorts, remains are usually buried or placed under something. (Like in Kristen Smart's case where her remains laid under their deck for years).

I believe if Jennifer was ever in that field, she was probably thrown there immediately after and, one would think, easy to find.

It's interesting that her phone pinged there. Perhaps the only things ever discarded or destroyed there were the phones. That doesn't necessarily imply that Jennifer was never in the area, or didn't meet her end in the area--simply that she was removed in some manner from the area.

It's also possible they simply missed finding her. There is a whole thread here at W/S devoted to victims found during the 2nd or 3rd searches of the same area. Usually very close to where the victim "disappeared".

And this was Jennifer's lifelong fear; the stuff of her nightmares--that she would "disappear" and no one would be able to find her.

They waited so long to do the original search because no one except a few LEO's would give any credibility to the phone pings. There wouldn't have been much left by 2012. Of anything.

Now, there would be even less.

What I worry about, too, is the fact that finding something of that nature would bring a stop to construction for some period of time. Will they be careful enough? Honest enough? Some remains would be fragments. Easy to not notice.

Also, I should add that I believe at least portions of that area were searched in 2008 for the remains of the 34-month-old toddler, Caylee Marie Anthony.

The important question to me, however, is what would Jennifer's connection be to that area? I hope it's been looked into by LE.

Drew told Tricia on the youtube interview that they couldn’t prove she was taken from Mosaic. The fact is they don’t know where the crime scene is.
Exactly. And they do not know when. And they do not know why. There is simply no evidence. No evidence of SA. No evidence. Period.

Only that Jennifer has disappeared. And someone moved her car to a closeby, seedy area where Jennifer would never go. Think that was co-incidental? I don't.

Crime scene most likely Jennifer’s car and not condo. Moo
At least we can say for sure that the car was moved from somewhere by someone other than Jennifer to the HOTG. That is one of the very few things we can be sure of with this case. And thank goodness for the video, because without it people would be arguing that she hitchhiked to the airport and left because she decided to do so on a whim.

It's important to note that we don't know when Jennifer's car left her condo parking spot in the Mosiac, or even where she parked it when she arrived home on the 23rd. There are rumors but nothing through law enforcement.

It was released in an article by the media that Jennifer filled her gas tank in Ft Lauderdale and after mileage calculations were completed, there wasn't a lot of "missing" fuel. I guess that helps with knowing her vehicle was not driven far. There are, however, a few interesting characters that lived within the latitude of the "missing" fuel range.

When Jennifer's car was discovered at the HOTG (on the morning of the 26th) law enforcement seized it and had it towed to their garage to be inspected by crime scene technicians. So, it was treated as the crime scene. LE didn't release the Malibu until around February 24th. Hopefully, that is some indication they did a thorough job on the forensics.

At the time, not much seemed to have been found in the vehicle.

It would have taken the killer or killers a fair amount of time to do a good cleaning job.

I know now we're talking about 100 fingerprints and a couple of hairs, but he said years ago that all the many fingerprints found were Jennifer's, maybe a few of Rob's. I don't know about the hair. My guess would be it's Jennifer's. (And 100 fingerprints perhaps should make one question the quality of the cleaning job done by the killer or killers).

And I don't want to forget to mention the possible "struggle" visually evidenced on the outside of the hood as well as the large boot print on the floor mat of the driver's side. All were duly noted and most likely properly processed by LE at the time, even though we would not hear of them for years. I've gone back and looked at old pictures of Jenn's vehicle and the "struggle" marks were visible way back when. Just never noted by anyone.

There is a case where a stepmother strangled her young stepson from the backseat of a vehicle while her female friend did the driving. That youngish (7-to-10-year-old) child left deep scrap marks and gouges with his feet on the dash as he fought for his life. I think we would see something like that in Jennifer's case.

Jennifer's father had done a deep clean on Jennifer's vehicle when she was home for Christmas in 2003. Thus he should have been able to point out any recent interior scraping and/or gouging or any types of marks indicating a violent struggle.

I'm rambling, but my point is that I would expect much more evidence to have been found in Jennifer's car were it to have been the actual and only crime scene. I certainly agree that it was part of it.

It's been said in media articles and by the family that a small amount of DNA was found in the trunk of Jennifer's vehicle. Will it be like the partial palm print on the DVD player in the backseat which was later ruled to be Jennifer's? We don't know. Is it enough to be sent to a genealogy lab to find a match? I've heard it doesn't take much--so maybe.

Just maybe that's the only hope if there is any. But will the person be still alive and will they reveal where Jennifer is?

Who was on the smart panels? I don’t recall seeing that.
Well, I can't find a link to support this right now and it's not from lack of trying. With my luck, I could spend four more hours looking only to find it behind a paywall nowadays or something.

There were quite a few people on the panel(s) if I recall correctly and I don't mean to cast aspersion on them all. One in particular, though, was a blogger we can't mention here. (And I believe she was a participant for more than one panel).

If the link turns up, I'll get it to you. Sorry about this.

It's possible. I think in that scenario, though, it might indicate her remains were contained in something. I think when time is taken to wrap remains or put them in a container of sorts, remains are usually buried or placed under something. (Like in Kristen Smart's case where her remains laid under their deck for years).

I believe if Jennifer was ever in that field, she was probably thrown there immediately after and, one would think, easy to find.

It's interesting that her phone pinged there. Perhaps the only things ever discarded or destroyed there were the phones. That doesn't necessarily imply that Jennifer was never in the area, or didn't meet her end in the area--simply that she was removed in some manner from the area.

It's also possible they simply missed finding her. There is a whole thread here at W/S devoted to victims found during the 2nd or 3rd searches of the same area. Usually very close to where the victim "disappeared".

And this was Jennifer's lifelong fear; the stuff of her nightmares--that she would "disappear" and no one would be able to find her.

They waited so long to do the original search because no one except a few LEO's would give any credibility to the phone pings. There wouldn't have been much left by 2012. Of anything.

Now, there would be even less.

What I worry about, too, is the fact that finding something of that nature would bring a stop to construction for some period of time. Will they be careful enough? Honest enough? Some remains would be fragments. Easy to not notice.

Also, I should add that I believe at least portions of that area were searched in 2008 for the remains of the 34-month-old toddler, Caylee Marie Anthony.

The important question to me, however, is what would Jennifer's connection be to that area? I hope it's been looked into by LE.
What strikes me about that site is it was very accessible and some areas were very secluded. You could have driven a vehicle down one of those paths and had a lot of privacy. Bill Moore said she is buried deep. I wonder what made him say that. If this was some type of hit, I wonder if the perp(s) had a predug grave.
I agree with you. If she is there and not in some sort of container, her remains may go unnoticed.

Last edited:
I've posed this over the years.
How many unsolved crimes have a video of the perp parking the victim's car and then walking away to..........where exactly? We all know the face was obscured but there's the clothes and a 'look'. My opinion is Bo the bloodhound tracked him back to Mosaic where he slipped through a hole in a side fence. What Bo did was discredited by several but to my mind he did what Bloodhounds do best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa