FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there ever prints recovered from Jennifer‘s car steering wheel? I suspect no, but wanted to ask anyway. Additionally, was it shown on video if gloves were worn by person caught on surveillance driving car? TIA
We don’t know where these prints were that we recently learned about on “The Search”.

Were there ever prints recovered from Jennifer‘s car steering wheel? I suspect no, but wanted to ask anyway. Additionally, was it shown on video if gloves were worn by person caught on surveillance driving car? TIA
Regarding the second part, no, no one can tell.

When the POI exits Jennifer's vehicle, all you can see is just a small blur basically shaped like a person emerging from the open door of the driver's side. And even that requires careful watching. It then appears as if one arm is extended straight out and upwards. But it's not clear what he is doing. We can't tell even that he locked the car door or what he did with the keys. Then he begins to walk around the pool to the palm tree.

That's all caught on Camera 2. When the video switches to Camera 3, we see him at the first fence post, then the second fence post, ... This camera is much closer, so we can make out more details but not enough.

It’s somewhere near hog according to the article. I think there were more woods around hog in 2006 than there is now, but I’m not certain about that. I can’t find the google earth image from 2006 atm. It could be Holden Ave search.

I’ve seen people assume that it’s the woods around mosaic, but I think they’re wrong. I think they searched the woods around mosaic just because of the proximity of where she lived. The article specifically says hog.

I really think Bo got all the attention because of the media. I doubt there was any media at Park Central Midtown to see the second dog. There is footage of Bo at Mosaic. Sometimes le doesn’t care what the media or public thinks/says.
That's fair that LE doesn't care what we think. But when people like Greta Van Susteren ask an LEO on camera about Bo's route, I don't think it would be asking too much for a more factual reply. A "no comment" or a "we don't want to release that info" would have been better.

It’s somewhere near hog according to the article. I think there were more woods around hog in 2006 than there is now, but I’m not certain about that. I can’t find the google earth image from 2006 atm. It could be Holden Ave search.

I’ve seen people assume that it’s the woods around mosaic, but I think they’re wrong. I think they searched the woods around mosaic just because of the proximity of where she lived. The article specifically says hog.

I really think Bo got all the attention because of the media. I doubt there was any media at Park Central Midtown to see the second dog. There is footage of Bo at Mosaic. Sometimes le doesn’t care what the media or public thinks/says.
According to my Google Maps, images aren't available from 2006 but at least some images are available for 2007.

I'd be willing to do some screenshots and post them here if you think the year is close enough.

9 things to know about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse​

In December, WFTV reported that cold case detectives with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are now looking over evidence to see if they can solve the mystery of her disappearance.

Kesse is one of three high-profile, unsolved missing person cases involving women who vanished from the Orlando area between 2006 and 2011.

Whoever is responsible for that article took some care to get the few confirmable details correct. I'm impressed. Good for them. And good for Jennifer's case, too.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on what I've listed here. Firstly, in a crime such as this, at the very start of the investigation everyone is a suspect, right? LE start with those closest to Jennifer and work their way out from there.

When Jennifer left for her weekend away a group stayed in her condo that same weekend.
On her return Jennier called her boyfriend at 9:57pm. This was a landline call ?
Apparently, there was a guy at her place of work who 'pestered' Jennifer for a date?
Was there someone softly knocking on her condo door late one night ? Jennifer assumed it was a guy from an upstairs condo.
It is said there are witnesses to Jennifer's car being driven by a male, leaving Mosaic on that fateful morning. Jennifer was in the passenger seat struggling with the driver.
I note Bo the tracking dog wound up not far from Jennifer's parking space at Mosaic.

IMHO LE need to reinterview all those connected in any way with this case especially the two workers in her condo immediately before her weekend vacation.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on what I've listed here. Firstly, in a crime such as this, at the very start of the investigation everyone is a suspect, right? LE start with those closest to Jennifer and work their way out from there.

When Jennifer left for her weekend away a group stayed in her condo that same weekend.
On her return Jennier called her boyfriend at 9:57pm. This was a landline call ?
Apparently, there was a guy at her place of work who 'pestered' Jennifer for a date?
Was there someone softly knocking on her condo door late one night ? Jennifer assumed it was a guy from an upstairs condo.
It is said there are witnesses to Jennifer's car being driven by a male, leaving Mosaic on that fateful morning. Jennifer was in the passenger seat struggling with the driver.
I note Bo the tracking dog wound up not far from Jennifer's parking space at Mosaic.

IMHO LE need to reinterview all those connected in any way with this case especially the two workers in her condo immediately before her weekend vacation.
I agree. You start with who is close and work your way out. Unfortunately that hasn’t been done here.

The call ended at 9:57 and was on her cell phone.

Drew went on unconcluded at a later date and said the knock didn’t happen the night of 1/23. He had said on a previous episode that there was a knock.

The lady couldn’t see who was in the car. She just said she saw a black car that could have been Jennifer’s swerving. Imo if this was Jennifer‘s car and she was able to fight her attacker, there would be more evidence in the car, and more people would have seen it that morning. This is a busy area. I don’t think she saw Jennifer’s car. I think she saw some random person swerve while leaving the complex.

Bo went to the front of the building and stopped near the bushes under her balcony. Her assigned parking spot was in the back.

I’d love that when you have time. My desktop is too old for Google earth work.
Here’s the quote from the article (Media thread post #2):
”Police officers in Orlando, Fla., continued a search of a heavily wooded area Monday near the location where 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse's abandoned car was discovered last week after a scent was picked up in the area, according to a Local 6 News report. (snip)
So, I think we were wondering what this area looked like in 2006. This is 2007 which appears to be the oldest view available. Notice the fence. The second image in this group is going up Americana Blvd. toward Jennifier's condo passing the entrance to Park Central. This may be the most relevant section concerning the searches, IMO.
Jennifer Kesse Area in 2007 HOTG to the right 2nd Dog to the left.jpg

Jennifer Kesse Area in 2007 HOTG to the right 2nd Dog to the left 2.jpg

See #12 in this screenshot below. I used the exact coordinates to get the image above. Just adding to help confirm where we are looking:
Jennifer Kesse Area in 2007 HOTG to the right 2nd Dog to the left 1.jpg

Following is a current-day screenshot from Google Earth looking from above toward Americana Blvd. It's probably not that relevant to our discussion but I thought it offered an interesting perspective:
Jennifer Kesse Google Earth 3D HOTG, 2ND Dog Hit, Jenn's Condo.jpg

That link I put under the first two images may open on your device. If it does, you can view the area from north, south, east, and west; and "walk" all the way to Jenn's condo although I don't think it will stay in 2007. If you pause on an area that you would like to view in 2007, you can click on your top left where it says "see more dates". (That will be in Google Maps).

I couldn't get anything interesting from Google Earth as far as imagery dates are concerned as it told me that for some of the larger cities in the US and Europe imagery dates "may not" be available. (It could be just me though and someone else may be able to get them. It wouldn't surprise me a bit).

FYI, I don't mind doing this. It doesn't take too long. If there is an area you're interested in, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'd be only too pleased to take a look and post some images.

Snipped by me to focus my reply on this point.

If Jennifer's case is like the Kristin Smart case where LE always had Paul Flores at the top of their suspect list, then, yes, I agree with you.

However, that may not be the case here. Both workers were intensively interviewed by LE without their attorney present. Both took and passed polygraphs.

Flores always had an atty with him and never agreed to a poly.

What if Jennifer's disappearance was not about SA? Some women's lives are as complicated as a man's life and deserve looking beyond the SA angle. I believe Jennifer's life is one of those lives.

Isn't it time? Doesn't Jennifer deserve that much?

Last edited:
So, I think we were wondering what this area looked like in 2006. This is 2007 which appears to be the oldest view available. Notice the fence. The second image in this group is going up Americana Blvd. toward Jennifier's condo passing the entrance to Park Central. This may be the most relevant section concerning the searches, IMO.
View attachment 398569

View attachment 398575

See #12 in this screenshot below. I used the exact coordinates to get the image above. Just adding to help confirm where we are looking:
View attachment 398572

Following is a current-day screenshot from Google Earth looking from above toward Americana Blvd. It's probably not that relevant to our discussion but I thought it offered an interesting perspective:
View attachment 398573

That link I put under the first two images may open on your device. If it does, you can view the area from north, south, east, and west; and "walk" all the way to Jenn's condo although I don't think it will stay in 2007. If you pause on an area that you would like to view in 2007, you can click on your top left where it says "see more dates". (That will be in Google Maps).

I couldn't get anything interesting from Google Earth as far as imagery dates are concerned as it told me that for some of the larger cities in the US and Europe imagery dates "may not" be available. (It could be just me though and someone else may be able to get them. It wouldn't surprise me a bit).

FYI, I don't mind doing this. It doesn't take too long. If there is an area you're interested in, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'd be only too pleased to take a look and post some images.
Thank you. This helps so much.

I will also say that the two workers that people seem to fixate on were part of a 7 member maintenance crew that worked for the mosaic. Their boss stated they were at work that day. This information is in the police report. Drew has stated that all members of this crew were spoken to by the police. None of this crew disappeared. We also know that two passed a poly. For all we know the other 5 could have too.

I assume the workers that they could not trace were some of the construction workers. They worked on the new buildings in the back of the complex. I’m not sure how much contact Jennifer would have had with them anyways or if they ever came into contact with her.

When you think about it, Jennifer probably wasn’t around any of the workers that much. She had only lived there two months. She wasn’t a home body. She worked, went on vacation, and is said to have spent nearly ever other weekend with Rob. Plus it was the holidays. People generally have lots of extra events to attend during the holidays.

What if Jennifer's disappearance was not about SA? Some women's lives are as complicated as a man's life and deserve looking beyond the SA angle. I believe Jennifer's life is one of those lives.

Isn't it time? Doesn't Jennifer deserve that much?

(SBM)

So please don't take this too personally, but I want to ask: have we been over-focusing on the SA angle? What is another approach/angle/idea that nobody has talked much or discussed that could break this case open?

I guess a big one for me is the possibility that Jennifer disappeared the night before, perhaps when looking to ship those two phones back, instead of an abduction in the morning. Some posts a few pages ago really swayed me into thinking that it's a very plausible alternative theory.

Somewhere out there a murderer walks free. Seventeen years of undeserved freedom and counting.
If LE had any worthwhile evidence this case would have been solved years ago.
If the person parking Jennfer's car isn't the perpetrator, who is it?
Most people (but not all) are murdered by someone they know. LE have never named a suspect but they surely have a list of names considered to be suspects.
I'm sure most of us would love to see that list. We can be sure there is a surprise or two.

I Definitely think it was a stranger abduction right at her car in the morning. A very sad case.

(SBM)

So please don't take this too personally, but I want to ask: have we been over-focusing on the SA angle? What is another approach/angle/idea that nobody has talked much or discussed that could break this case open?

I guess a big one for me is the possibility that Jennifer disappeared the night before, perhaps when looking to ship those two phones back, instead of an abduction in the morning. Some posts a few pages ago really swayed me into thinking that it's a very plausible alternative theory.
The crime is so clean. I think it was well planned. I think she probably met up with someone she knew Monday night. I think that person either set her up for someone else or is the mastermind. I think if she met up with someone Monday night she probably made the plans in person since she had been gone on vacation. I’ve thought this was a targeted planned attack like Bill Moore suggested for quite awhile. I think she probably went home, showered, got ready, talked on the phone to her best friend, and then left. It would not surprise me if she had already left her condo when she spoke to Rob since the call was in her cell. It has been said that her cell phone wouldn’t work in her condo and she would have to go on the balcony to use it. It has also been said that the cell tower closest to her condo wasn’t working that night so you’d think that would make the cell phone’s reception worse. She told Rob she was in the bed in the condo . We know she was mad At Rob. He was refusing to come see her the next weekend. Drew told us this on the websleuths live interview. As far as the motive, I’m not sure. Some possibilities are she knew too much about someone, she was getting close to discovering something about someone, or jealous jilted love interest. She also used to live close to the Tap Room where another missing woman was last seen. She hung out there and it is rumored she may have worked out at the same gym as Hataway. She could have went out to mail the phone and got ambushed by a stranger. I doubt Jennifer went to bed after she hung up with Rob. Have you ever been in a fight with you significant other? It’s hard to sleep afterwards.

Somewhere out there a murderer walks free. Seventeen years of undeserved freedom and counting.
If LE had any worthwhile evidence this case would have been solved years ago.
If the person parking Jennfer's car isn't the perpetrator, who is it?
Most people (but not all) are murdered by someone they know. LE have never named a suspect but they surely have a list of names considered to be suspects.
I'm sure most of us would love to see that list. We can be sure there is a surprise or two.
There have been some interesting comments by her family and friends over the years about the poi maybe not being the perp. I’ve always wondered what made them say this. Could just be pure speculation…

I was thinking about what we know for certain about this mystery.
1 Jennifer Kesse failed to arrive at work on the morning of 24th January 2006.
2 Someone parked her car at HOTG apartments around noon that same day.
After that it appears to be anyone's guess.
This is frustrating beyond belief.

(SBM)

Oh, this has been hotly debated over the years. It still is.

I don't know if her reason for going out would have been to mail the phones, but I believe she went out. She called Rob that night from her cell phone where she had almost always called him from her landline in the evening. She did not call or text Rob on the morning of the 24th as was her habit.

She could have gone out for something as simple as to get something to eat. Or her reasons could have been much more complicated.

She asked her father what he was making for dinner when she talked to him at 6:15 pm on the 23rd so she was thinking about eating. And yet there was nothing in her trash but junk mail that she had picked up from her mailbox around 6:25 pm/6:30 pm.

The apartment was "maid clean" supposedly just the way Logan and his two cohorts had left it.

The dishes were still in the dishwasher. They had put them in and ran it before they left.

When Jennifer entered her condo she left her luggage on the floor in the foyer and set the gifts of rum beside it. With the exception of her hair dryer and her eyeglasses, that's where everything was found. Her purse was still inside her luggage, never missing. The DVD player remained in her vehicle.

Before her phone call to Rob, she talked to her long-time friend Lauren for almost two hours. Lauren said Jennifer was in a "funky" mood. She talked maybe for 10 or 15 minutes to Travis, the owner of the 2nd missing cell phone.

We don't know in what order she talked to the above two people or if she talked to anyone else with the exception of Rob.

But talking to Lauren and Travis would bring the time to about 9:00 pm. About 1/2 hour later Jennifer initiated the cell phone call to Rob. He was doing an event that night in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He said the call lasted about 30 minutes. They had an unfortunate disagreement.

We know, from law enforcement, that the call ended at 9:57 pm.

Jennifer was never heard from again.

That's it. There is absolutely no confirmation of the time Jennifer went missing. Unconfirmed damp towels (damp from her brother showering before he left Monday?) and water droplets under bottles or in the corners behind the bottles are not considered evidence by law enforcement. It's much too vague.

Outfits laid out on her bed? She could have been thinking about what to wear the night before.

The covers on Jennifer's bed were pulled up but the bed appeared "slept in". Wasn't Jennifer's brother not feeling well before he left and didn't he decide to lie down? Did he leave the covers slightly disarrayed?

If they are ever going to solve this case, law enforcement has to go back and find out what Jennifer did that night. That's where the thread that will begin the unraveling lies. Talk to people who were current in her life. What did she do on the average work night? Who did she socialize with? What activities was she involved in? Charities? Organizations? Overtime? How often?

Re-chasing old leads that were run down in 2009 by law enforcement will not help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member