Found Deceased MI - Armani Kelly - Montoya Givens - Dante Wicker - Missing After Cancelled Performance @ Lounge 31 - Detroit

One guy with a gun vs. 3 big strong unarmed men, and the guy with the gun wins every time. It doesn’t take that much time to pop off some rounds into people. The shock factor alone would delay reaction time.
Not saying it wasn’t multiple perps but it wouldn’t have had to be. MOO
For me my feeling it was multiple perps wasn't because 1 guy with a gun couldn't have shot and killed 3 guys by himself... it was the fact 3 large men (dead weight) were drug to the basement from the 2nd floor, and their bodies covered with construction equipment. That just seems like a lot of work.

Popping off shots doesn't take much time nor effort. Not like hiding their bodies did. All MOO

For me my feeling it was multiple perps wasn't because 1 guy with a gun couldn't have shot and killed 3 guys by himself... it was the fact 3 large men (dead weight) were drug to the basement from the 2nd floor, and their bodies covered with construction equipment. That just seems like a lot of work.

Popping off shots doesn't take much time nor effort. Not like hiding their bodies did. All MOO
Agreed. However, gravity would likely help a lot with that. I hate to be graphic but depending on the condition of the home, someone could have rolled them down the stairs and then brought in tarps, wood, construction materials and equipment and tossed it down on top of the bodies. I’m assuming there was probably a lot of junk in the abandoned building and it was probably not as hard to hide bodies in a place that’s already filled with trash and debris and who knows what other items from prior tenants and squatters. MOO

I think that even popping off the shots might be hard because these 3 were very street smart and would not have put themselves in the position where just one guy with a gun could have taken out all 3. And I think art least one of the 3 would have been armed, going into 8 mile at night.

I think the 3 were lured there and ambushed. And if it was a gang thing then there would be more than one attacker, IMO.

The DJ equipment failure still sounds suspicious to me. I wonder if the equipment worked at all that night or if it suddenly started working again after they left the building or whatever. Someone had to notify the three that the gig was canceled, I wonder how that was accomplished? A phone call or text would show up on their phone records, right?
Them showing up was probably the owner's the furthest thing in his mind. He was probably dealing with the crowd, trying to problem solve, and thinking about how much $ he was going to loose that night. There probably were others scheduled to perform as well. They likely were all coming of age performers. The professional thing to do would have been to advise all scheduled to perform what was happening.

Who was the promoter?

FEB 4, 2023
“This was a setup. Him to go to Lounge 31 on Gratiot and 7 Mile, they lured him there. Isn’t it funny that little flier for him to do his rap, “Marley Whoop” is his name, nobody has it? Lounge 31 doesn’t have it on their Facebook page, the promoter doesn’t. So, you explain to me where’d it go? What happened?” Kemp said.

FEB 3, 2023
Sources tell FOX 2 – Friday morning, a man from Detroit was arrested in Knoxville, Tennessee, in connection to the murder of the three aspiring rappers. He is being held on a parole violation down there. Meanwhile, another man was brought into custody, in the last week here in Detroit – for questioning in the case.
Legal bods, does Michigan have an enhanced murder charge relating to luring/lying in wait? Because that really sounds like it could be in play, here.

Legal bods, does Michigan have an enhanced murder charge relating to luring/lying in wait? Because that really sounds like it could be in play, here.
Michigan doesn't have the death penalty. Any pre-meditated murder is 1st-degree murder, and the mandatory penalty is life in prison without the possibility of parole.

It looks like this ended up what was assumed from the beginning - all three of them were killed.

I want to circle back to a comment a made earlier in the thread - a crime like this did not attract all the "energy" that other high profile missing person crimes sometimes attract.

But I send all my heart to the family members (and fiancee) of these gentleman - who are dealing with the murder of their sons/relatives and are figuring out their lives without relatives they thought would be there.

I want to respect the rules of WebSleuths so not start 'speculating' in an inappropriate way - but I will just say that the family members of these gentleman truly deserve justice for their deaths irrespective of their personal histories in the same way we would want justice for the families of any other murder victim.

The DJ equipment failure still sounds suspicious to me. I wonder if the equipment worked at all that night or if it suddenly started working again after they left the building or whatever. Someone had to notify the three that the gig was canceled, I wonder how that was accomplished? A phone call or text would show up on their phone records, right?
Agreed. <modsnip - rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post snipped>

I'll just say this - I truly hope that the (apparent) murder of these men are investigated seriously by law enforcement.

And again, I really feel awful for the family members of these men ... when Kelly's mom said (before his body was found) that he'd made it through 8 years in jail only to get killed on the outside it really got under my skin about what she was going through.

Yes, i understand these guys had criminal records that involved offenses that were devastating for their victims - i'm not trying to downplay any of that.

But it's the surviving family members i want to acknowledge. that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen this story on every major news site this week. I’m not sure where the idea came from that this story isn’t getting attention from MSM. Even before they were found it was on MSN, Daily Mail, etc.

I watch a lot of local news and didn't hear about it here in AZ. Wasn't surprised.

No one deserves this.

No one.
I guess it all depends on what a person's news source is. I tend to watch/read from global news sources which is how I've seen it. My local news source, since I'm not in Detroit, isn't going to show something like this because, well, it's not local. lol And if they did, locals would contact the news source and ask why they were showing news that wasn't local since they advertised as being local news. So I'm not surprised this wasn't shown on local Arizona news.

Last edited:
I guess it all depends on what a person's news source is. I tend to watch/read from global news sources which is how I've seen it. My local news source, since I'm not in Detroit, isn't going to show something like this because, well, it's not local. lol And if they did, locals would contact the news source and ask why they were showing news that wasn't local since they advertised as being local news. So I'm not surprised this wasn't shown on local Arizona news.
I also read national and international news, lol, I don't live under a rock here.

But local news here certainly covered Gabby Petito and the Moscow murders and Suzanne Morphew and Jennifer Dulos for example...

I also read national and international news, lol, I don't live under a rock here.

But local news here certainly covered Gabby Petito and the Moscow murders and Suzanne Morphew and Jennifer Dulos for example...
BBM is VERY interesting! And I didn't mean for you to think I was implying that you lived under a rock. LOL!
Face with Tears of Joy on Samsung One UI 5.0

My local news didn't show stuff like that. Maybe it's ME that lives under a rock!

Rolling on the Floor Laughing Emoji

Something from Montoya's mom. I feel bad for her not only losing her son, but for the fear of the unknown for her own safety. Not a good way to have to live. :(

I brought forward her comment about robbing a well-known Pastor since there's a possibility that it could be related. I'm thinking it's a pretty low possibility but what do I know? I suppose someone could still be upset about that and retaliate. But that doesn't answer why the 2 others. But then again, it could be the same reason how I feel about the Moscow murders. One was targeted and the others were in the wrong place at the wrong time so all had to go. Could be the same there but I'm keep thinking Armani was the main target. All MOO

Givens' mother, Catina Fogle, spoke with FOX 2 on the phone on Monday. She said she was too nervous to talk anywhere via a video chat because she doesn't know why her 31-year-old son was killed.

She said he had just gotten out of prison for carjacking and robbing well-known Detroit Pastor Marvin Winans in 2012.

Well, it's 6:20pm local time and no major update from Michigan State Police as was stated in dotr's vid link. Also looks like Givens' family has pushed their message out as well since that was supposed to be yesterday. I don't blame them. It's got to be very overwhelming for the family but LE? We're waiting! :)

Wrong vid at the bottom of your post @dotr :) These are 3 different murders. The vid for this case is inside the MSM you linked though. :) Just a FYI about the vid not pertaining to this case.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back