Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page
Nikki Bulley - Strava Runner Profile page

Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* THREAD

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6

3 Feb 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here.

All members are expected to familiarize themselves with Websleuths rules found here, and also linked in my signature.

We aren't going to reinvent the wheel by repeat posting of all the rules, reminders, the Dos and Don'ts.

Additionally, links to and discussion of fundraising is not allowed unless it is a fundraiser run by close friends or family AND even then, the only thing allowed is a possible snippet of a previously unknown fact regarding the specifics of the case itself (i.e. wearing black sneakers, or ??). The actual $ figures and how it is progressing or not are off limits.

I normally work on cases from the 1930s - 1990s but since I see this heartbreaking case everywhere, I want to share my opinion. While I'm sure the police have their reasons for suspected she fell into the River Wyre, something about the theory seems wrong. I'm just not convinced she fell in. I heard her dog was dry, there were no marks where she would have fell in, her phone and the dogs harness were on the bench and I haven't seen a bulletproof reason as for why she would have had to go near the rivers edge yet. I'm just not convinced.

No doubt they are aware but I wonder how much attention has been focused on the weir. You can get currents that basically trap an object/person there. Though I'm not sure if there is enough flow...

Clutching at straws really.

art566hazard2.jpg

No doubt they are aware but I wonder how much attention has been focused on the weir. You can get currents that basically trap an object/person there. Though I'm not sure if there is enough flow...

art566hazard2.jpg
How far exactly is the weir from the bench...just had a horrible thought that I've been fighting off for days..?

I don't know whether she went in the water or not, but what I do know from having covered a good half dozen cases on here where water was the obvious location for the misper in question, despite numerous and extensive river searches, the body was not found within that early period. However, they were eventually recovered not too far distant, but not for many weeks after. So I am holding my own on whether or not that is where she will be found. I think the water search needs extending.

LE are clearly doing their abosolute best . However something does not sit right with coverage / LE statements.

I appreciate that total confidentiality is required for operational reasons, and the public are not entitled to all LE know. But LE’s very clear stated hypothesis, without available concrete evidence to support it invites / encourages speculation. If they want to shut discussion down then more information re their hypothesis would help. . Many are invested in this case for positive reasons.I’m sure many of us have walked by a river. I have / do a lot. Sometimes it’s beautiful and soul filling / on occasion it can be spooky . We all want her found.

LE are clearly doing their abosolute best . However something does not sit right with coverage / LE statements.

I appreciate that total confidentiality is required for operational reasons, and the public are not entitled to all LE know. But LE’s very clear stated hypothesis, without available concrete evidence to support it invites / encourages speculation. If they want to shut discussion down then more information re their hypothesis would help. . Many are invested in this case for positive reasons.I’m sure many of us have walked by a river. I have / do a lot. Sometimes it’s beautiful and soul filling / on occasion it can be spooky . We all want her found.

The main reason I'm not so certain about the theory is the phone. If I was going to go to the weir, I would not leave my phone behind. I'd be scared that someone would steal it! The only reason I'd leave it is it was a true emergency. I can't think of a true emergency Nicola could have had there. The only one would be that the dog was about to fall in the water but we know that didn't happen because the dog was dry.

150-200m I'd guess at based on Google Maps?
Is that a 10 minute fast walk?

The presser last Friday made it very clear, they told us what they had done, who had done it and how they had done it.
lE are still investigating.
She was not seen leaving that park.
They have searched it thoroughly.
They never said they are not continuing to investigate other areas and they clearly are.
It is not a conclusion.
The case remains open.

The main reason I'm not so certain about the theory is the phone. If I was going to go to the weir, I would not leave my phone behind. I'd be scared that someone would steal it! The only reason I'd leave it is it was a true emergency. I can't think of a true emergency Nicola could have had there. The only one would be that the dog was about to fall in the water but we know that didn't happen because the dog was dry.
Yeah, I'm not sure why she would and I can't think of a valid reason why she wouldn't have atleast taken her phone which was on a work call.

I do wonder if it's where she potentially could be if she did enter the water. I wonder if they've used sonar in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53