SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband cannot wrap his head around AM killing PM. He gets the concept of killing the wife (hello??? should I be offended?? LOL) but not the son. He understands all the circumstantial evidence and the lies and all the "facts" of the case, but without the "smoking gun" he still sees reasonable doubt. If he was on the jury, he would probably be the reason for a hung jury. As much as I want AM to be found guilty, and I definitely think he IS guilty, I think this may be the outcome. I hope I'm wrong (although it is better than not guilty). IMO

Side note: I find myself suddenly in the market for a divorce attorney. Recommendations?? LOL
lol, I don’t understand how others don’t see his kennel lies as the smoking gun. Chris Watts could have divorced his wife, he could have only killed his wife, yet he chose to kill her and their 2 small daughters. He put his dead wife in his truck, loaded his daughters, drove to the tank and smothered them, the older one watching him kill her sister then stuffed them in a tank. Every friend and acquaintance stated that Chris was a great father, and loved his family. He wanted them out of the way. I have followed enough of these horrendous crimes to understand there is never a reasonable why or trigger. I think AM was the one who had the "anger in his heart", Paul was the reason his fake life was about to be exposed. There has been a post that there is yet to be used evidence that Alex was not a family man. Eliminating Paul and Maggie solved financial issues, pill issues, uncomplicated his life if he were to get away with it

My husband cannot wrap his head around AM killing PM. He gets the concept of killing the wife (hello??? should I be offended?? LOL) but not the son. He understands all the circumstantial evidence and the lies and all the "facts" of the case, but without the "smoking gun" he still sees reasonable doubt. If he was on the jury, he would probably be the reason for a hung jury. As much as I want AM to be found guilty, and I definitely think he IS guilty, I think this may be the outcome. I hope I'm wrong (although it is better than not guilty). IMO

Side note: I find myself suddenly in the market for a divorce attorney. Recommendations?? LOL
Well, one theory is that while AM intended to Kill Maggie(that shooting her so many times is Rage), he may not have expected Paul to be there, and when he saw him, shot him once, and surprised that Paul did not go down, shot again, perhaps not aiming for his face-which is why he said, "I done him so wrong", and gets upset when talking about Paul, but no emotion when talking about Maggie. MOO

Interesting, I can see that too. I think most of us can relate to being angry with a spouse. But in this case, AM was probably more angry with "Paw Paw" than "Mags".

BTW don't get a divorce, just stay married. Divorce is a lot of work and drama.

I may be convincing myself that I see something that isn’t there, but I thought I saw a spot of thinning hair on Cash’s tail, possibly the beginning of a hot spot? I have a lab who has skin issues, so I’m not sure if it’s actually there or if I’m just used to seeing it and letting my brain play tricks on me.
I screen grabbed from
. It looks like it could be the start of a hot spot, but IMO not something you'd need to get taken care of that night.

Attachments

• Cash tail.png
    Cash tail.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 16
Ah, that is why Buster doesn't care about finishing law school, and shows up to court each day with a driver who opens his door. He has income from the trust. Which, he doesn't have to share with his brother.

I personally don't buy that AM tried to get killed so Buster would have the $10 million in insurance. I think it was a plan to show people were out to kill him. AM doesn't think of anyone but himself.
I'm still trying to understand why more info hasn't come forward in this trial about that roadside incident. Because according to the little I read, heard and watched, Alex was about to ambush Eddie. Eddie reacted quickly enough and got the gun away from Alex and that's when Alex fell to the ground and HIT his head on the pavement (he wasn't grazed by a bullet). Eddie then grabbed the gun and drove away. It's unclear whether he went to the authorities or not.

Because think about it....if Alex's story about Eddie being paid to kill him was true (which it's not) why wouldn't Eddie complete his mission?? Are we to believe he came equipped with only one bullet? Alex's lies are uber insulting to anyone paying attention.

Why didn't the State make Alex explain this more? Because to me, this proves Alex killed Maggie and Paul if you believe Eddie. Because according to Eddie once again, he's saying Alex set him up and was going to kill HIM and then blame the murders of Maggie and Paul on Eddie (leaving Alex for last).
And in Alex-land, he'd come off as 'the hero' having killed the real murderer. It makes perfect logistical logic to me.

<modsnip>It is true that that LE got a search warrant the night of the murders that covered the whole property. I posted a link to testimony about that several threads ago. They did not cordon it off -- they allowed Blanca to CLEAN and pick up items -- wet towels, Alex's khakis etc the next day! They allowed family and law partners to mill about the next day! The search inside the home was lame. They should have effectuated the warrant and kicked everyone out. Policing 101.

ETA: Testimony that the search warrant covered all of Moselle. Starting at 1:20:50.
Was this the police badge on his leg?

I think Paul and Maggie drove together in one of he trucks, and Alex drove separately after, in the Golf Cart.
Police previously reported and testified the only vehicle at the crime scene (kennels) when they arrived was AM's suburban.

In trying to determine how PM & MM got to the kennels, AM repeatedly told investigators PM must have driven his F-250 to the kennels and since MM was found at the kennels, she must have ridden with PM. This was the story consistently told by AM before testifying that he rode the golf cart from the house to the kennels and back.

However, the problem with AM's story is PM's F250 was not located anywhere on the property when police arrived, causing them to issue a BOLO for PM's truck!

AM never told investigators that PM did not drive his F250 to Moselle on June 7 but instead was driving John Marvin's truck. (Since changing his story that he was at the kennels, AM testified that PM drove John Marvin's truck to Moselle on Monday, June 7).

When PM's truck was located by police in the morning parked off Hwy 63, it was learned that the truck was not stolen from the crime scene but left broken down on the road by John Marvin when he was driving to Moselle Monday night after getting the call from AM about the murders.

While true there were other trucks on the property including the farm truck and Buster's truck, there was no truck at the kennels when police arrived.

IMO, AM's story about not knowing where PM was after supper but being certain that MM went out to the kennels (because MM was such a dog lover) never made sense. And telling police they must have taken PM's truck to the kennels --all the while knowing PM wasn't driving his F250 on Monday was yet another lie by AM.

Today, I think it is more likely that all 3 traveled to the kennels on the golf cart because AM did not want them to have a vehicle at the kennels when they were about to be shot. No, AM couldn't take any chance one or both might escape. MOO

Last edited:
I'm still trying to understand why more info hasn't come forward in this trial about that roadside incident. Because according to the little I read, heard and watched, Alex was about to ambush Eddie. Eddie reacted quickly enough and got the gun away from Alex and that's when Alex fell to the ground and HIT his head on the pavement (he wasn't grazed by a bullet). Eddie then grabbed the gun and drove away. It's unclear whether he went to the authorities or not.

Because think about it....if Alex's story about Eddie being paid to kill him was true (which it's not) why wouldn't Eddie complete his mission?? Are we to believe he came equipped with only one bullet? Alex's lies are uber insulting to anyone paying attention.

Why didn't the State make Alex explain this more? Because to me, this proves Alex killed Maggie and Paul if you believe Eddie. Because according to Eddie once again, he's saying Alex set him up and was going to kill HIM and then blame the murders of Maggie and Paul on Eddie (leaving Alex for last).
And in Alex-land, he'd come off as 'the hero' having killed the real murderer. It makes perfect logistical logic to me.
You asked why the State didn’t ask AM to explain this more. I believe LE, SLED and the State of SC are doing only as much as is needed for a conviction. So many of them are in the pickets of AM and his family.
Corruption. Enough said.

I saw a comment online and now I can't unthink about it. lol

How did Alex know it would be important to like about where he was at 8:44? If he left and it was all as normal until he went to Almeda then how did he know they were killed during the time he was there? He was gone so what if they were killed at 9:30.. what difference did it make if he was at the kennel at 8:44? He only had to lie because he knew when they died, if he didn't know then he wouldn't know that time was crucial.

Has there been a timeline put together of the "MM and AM's phones and the Suburban never traveled together that night" narrative? Did AM volunteer that or was it in response to questions? AM seems clear about that and wanted that part checked out. I think I noticed at the end of testimony that her phone was found a half mile to a mile down the road. I would assume that the exact location and distance is known and am wondering if AM is trying to stretch that.

I also wonder if MM's phone went on a ride in the golf cart and if that is why the picture and questions about how the golf cart was parked came in at the end.

Was this the police badge on his leg?
looks like LE calling card, during the dash cam video it slides down.

If you can afford a resort during the proceedings then the DH team may be for hire soon.

I recently read a new theory (to me anyway) and it kinda makes sense. What if Paul and Maggie found... then absconded with Alex's stash of pills that evening. And when Alex went back to the house to pop a pill, he realized his bag was gone and went to the kennels to confront both Maggie and Paul.

Maybe Paul taunted him and told him I'm not giving you these pills... and Alex just flipped out and went postal on him. And seeing Maggie witnessed it all so she had to disappear too.

The one thing that makes this more cohesive to consider is: Alex said he had a bag of pills in his pocket when he was sitting in the patrol car later on. Why? It was 10 PM. How many pills was he planning to pop before retiring for the day?

I highly suspect Alex was dealing pills in very large quantities. My understanding is, the street value for one oxycontin is approx $40.00 per PILL.

I kinda like this theory. Because I find it hard to imagine Alex planned on killing both of them as opposed to impulsively doing this evil deed.

You asked why the State didn’t ask AM to explain this more. I believe LE, SLED and the State of SC are doing only as much as is needed for a conviction. So many of them are in the pickets of AM and his family.
Corruption. Enough said.
Oh, for sure!!

I recently read a new theory (to me anyway) and it kinda makes sense. What if Paul and Maggie found... then absconded with Alex's stash of pills that evening. And when Alex went back to the house to pop a pill, he realized his bag was gone and went to the kennels to confront both Maggie and Paul.

Maybe Paul taunted him and told him I'm not giving you these pills... and Alex just flipped out and went postal on him. And seeing Maggie witnessed it all so she had to disappear too.

The one thing that makes this more cohesive to consider is: Alex said he had a bag of pills in his pocket when he was sitting in the patrol car later on. Why? It was 10 PM. How many pills was he planning to pop before retiring for the day?

I highly suspect Alex was dealing pills in very large quantities. My understanding is, the street value for one oxycontin is approx $40.00 per PILL.

I kinda like this theory. Because I find it hard to imagine Alex planned on killing both of them as opposed to impulsively doing this evil deed.
I don’t believe he loved his wife, ever. His son had become a problem. Maybe his own father told AM to take care of the “problem”, meaning PM.
As far as PM or MM stealing his pills, he could buy more. He was rich, knew everyone in town. He just wanted them dead. They were an irritation to his life.

I wonder if he took those out of Paul's pocket ...

The could have ordered everyone off the property and had SLED or local LE stand guard on the road perimeter. They probably couldn't secure all sides but they should have done the road side and definitely allowed no one in any vehicles or structures. IMO it was a major fail that they didn't. Totally inexcusable. JMO.
I thought the same! I was pissed at how lax they were, but apparently AM had also called LE 'Friends', some crooked, and they may have been bossy to SLED agents. Insane not o at least block the roadways in... MOO

There seems to be a lot of people coming out lately that are willing to ignore overwhelming circumstantial evidence that AM is guilty by simply saying, they just can’t understand why AM would kill his family. It just would never happen. They think the motive put forth by the state is weak.
Those people need to look up family annihilators. There’s a long list, and not one decent motive for any of them.

Police previously reported and testified the only vehicle at the crime scene (kennels) when they arrived was AM's suburban.

In trying to determine how PM & MM got to the kennels, AM repeatedly told investigators PM must have driven his F-250 to the kennels and since MM was found at the kennels, she must have ridden with PM. This was the story consistently told by AM before testifying that he rode the golf cart from the house to the kennels and back.

However, the problem with AM's story is PM's F250 was not located anywhere on the property when police arrived, causing them to issue a BOLO for PM's truck!

AM never told investigators that PM did not drive his F250 to Moselle on June 7 but instead was driving John Marvin's truck. (Since changing his story that he was at the kennels, AM testified that PM drove John Marvin's truck to Moselle on Monday, June 7).

When PM's truck was located by police in the morning parked off Hwy 63, it was learned that the truck was not stolen from the crime scene but left broken down on the road by John Marvin when he was driving to Moselle Monday night after getting the call from AM about the murders.

While true there were other trucks on the property including the farm truck and Buster's truck, there was no truck at the kennels when police arrived.

IMO, AM's story about not knowing where PM was after supper but being certain that MM went out to the kennels (because MM was such a dog lover) never made sense. And telling police they must have taken PM's truck to the kennels --all the while knowing PM wasn't driving his F250 on Monday was yet another lie by AM.

Today, I think it is more likely that all 3 traveled to the kennels on the golf cart because AM did not want them to have a vehicle at the kennels when they were about to be shot. No, AM couldn't take any chance one or both might escape. MOO
If PM drove to Moselle that day in John Marvin's truck, how did the truck get back into John Marvin's possession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member