UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I saw that. It appears there is no evidence yet to support their theory.
It sounds like they have their reasons, they've just not shared them. I can only assume they look, smell and are generally in the state you'd expect someone to be in who has been outside for an extended period. Perhaps what's included in their purchases suggests they don't have access to certain convivences e.g. water.

Reporter - Just a follow on, on their condition during the arrest - Is anything in their condition suggesting that they have been living outdoors for a sustained period of time?

Detective Superintendent - Yeah, you know, I'm quite happy to confirm, from the initial assessments that we have, we've then linked into a rational and reason for the why we are doing open land searches is because, upon locating the couple and arresting the couple, there is very much significant intelligent information, as part of that arrest process, that brings us to a hypothesis that they have been spending a significant time outdoors, living in the countryside and obviously the vast land that they have here in Sussex.

I don't think we know whether they have accepted any solicitors, or whether they would even speak to the solicitors. Many people who decline to engage with the process don't accept any offers of legal representation.
This is very true! It’s all just so sad

The key to where the child is may be when the last time they purchased any items directly related to his care, such as diapers. They had just withdrawn money from the convinience store to purchase the items in the bags. Can't they check withdrawals from the account and backtrack and find where the last baby items were purchased? It could be weeks ago.
It would help to narrow where to search or inquire. MOO MOO MOO
I think they had 15 grand cash so probably not that many traceable purchases. As that ran out I think the plan would maybe be withdraw as much as poss in one place then quickly move on if they suspected bank accounts were being monitored.

I'm not sure if it's just me but particularly in the footage of them walking one way, he appears to be using it like a makeshift walking stick and almost hobbling. But then walking back he's not using it and seems to walk a lot more freely. Bizarre.
I watched it again and he is limping on way back when they reach the right side of the screen but not nearly as much.

I think they had 15 grand cash so probably not that many traceable purchases. As that ran out I think the plan would maybe be withdraw as much as poss in one place then quickly move on if they suspected bank accounts were being monitored.
I struggle to see how they'd have gone through £15k if I'm honest, even with the taxi rides, unless they spent some time in hotels or whatever.

JMO.

I struggle to see how they'd have gone through £15k if I'm honest, even with the taxi rides, unless they spent some time in hotels or whatever.

JMO.
It might be they got that out when they decided to start moving around at the beginning of her pregnancy - paying landlords in cash to avoid being traced. It appeared to take the police a long time to track where they had come from prior to the car fire if I remember the reporting.

At least, there was no word on it for at least a week or so in initial police releases and media reports. Which leads me to think they didn't know - that would have been one of the polices first lines of enquiry as searching their house and encouraging any friends/ neighbours to contact police is step one in a MP investigation.

So that might have been the majority of their spending money for close to a year, a lot eaten up by rent etc.

Last edited:
Imo the police were incredibly nice and empathetic towards them, certainly in the first few weeks. His conviction was going to come out sooner or later, and i would argue that it would've been in the public interest for us to know that a dangerous rapist was on the loose before we did. The police did (and continue to do) a great job overall though imo.

I noticed that too. Also trying to make out what he's saying in the earlier clip, sounds like "Constance, where are you keeping your..."

In my mind I heard him say something in an African American cadence like "******** with it?"

she replies with "yeah" in an affected accent.

He then says "seriously?"

I'm glad LONSAR are also involved - the more the better, and that they seem to be going out wider to the Nature reserve etc. Looking at the weather it looks like it's going to be even colder tonight. Time is not on that little souls side if they are still with us.

In my mind I heard him say something in an African American cadence like "******** with it?"

she replies with "yeah" in an affected accent.

He then says "seriously?"
Watching it I'm surprised that the press are suggesting this was a heated argument. It seems to me like two people talking loudly because of the physical distance between them rather than an argument. CM seems to be walking quickly and MG staggering behind. Perhaps she is keen to get out of public view and he can't keep up, but other than that, I wouldn't say they are rowing, not on the footage available.

Watching it I'm surprised that the press are suggesting this was a heated argument. It seems to me like two people talking loudly because of the physical distance between them rather than an argument. CM seems to be walking quickly and MG staggering behind. Perhaps she is keen to get out of public view and he can't keep up, but other than that, I wouldn't say they are rowing, not on the footage available.
Him having an African American accent won't surprise me he moved from Birmingham to Florida as a child and then after he was convicted of a brutal sexual offence and burglary of his neighbour, whilst the two children were sleeping in their beds. Then spent 20 years in prison in America before being extradited to the UK.

This is interesting. I wonder if they have broken into the shower block of a campsite or something? (Also from the mirror).

Witness saw Marten heading towards allotments alone
One witness said she let her dog out in the early hours of Monday and noticed someone resembling Constance Marten “looking at me right in the face”.

The witness, who asked not to be named, told the Times the woman was walking alone towards the allotments, adding: “I opened my door and she was just staring at me.

"She looked like she had been taking care of herself — she didn’t look dishevelled. I only recognised her later. I would have reported it if I had known who she was.”
They could also get water for washing at the allotments

There looks to be a camera on Ditchling Road by the entrance to the golf course. and I can see cameras at various points on buildings on a number of streets to the right of the open area of land, though nothing that looks to actually include the field. It does look very easy to get in/out of there to the North without being picked up on anything.

I've just "asked Alexa" what time is sunset tonight and it's 5.39 pm. Alexa has also told me that skies over Brighton will be clear tonight with a temperature of 1 degree Centigrade. It's 1.28 pm. Sadly time is not on the side of the Search Party. I pray to God something is found this afternoon, if not actual Baby then something definite that will lead the Police to the Baby before night draws upon us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa