GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue, but Perhaps there are yet undiscovered Monetary or other family issues, which eventually may come to light, or not. He may have his own reasons for not speaking, but honestly, what could he say? He's now lost the 3 closest members of his family. So sad overall. MOO

He could have talked about what they meant to him, and what the loss did to him and his family. Just like any other victim impact statement. He could have even given a written statement if he didn't want to talk.

Last edited:
When he said that last thing….”i got up to do what I didn’t want to do” the hairs on the back of my neck stood up! His eyes were entirely black when he said that! Followed by “I was gettin ready to work. I was getting ready to sweat”…..i could almost hear the deep “demon voice” coming out of his mouth….chilling!
YES! I think he phrased it a bit differently, but same meaning. And he said it was CHAOTIC down there, referring supposedly to the dogs. Or, was he referring to the chaos as the murders took place?

So assuming he was telling the truth about the chaos, does that mean he didn’t enjoy the dogs but merely used them for hunting and let the caretaker, well, care for them, because he couldn’t stand the energy,the barking, of dogs released from the confines of kennels, dogs who should run and be free and not be locked up all day and night?

I do. Won't be well liked. To many mistakes by LE. Didn't secure crime scene, should have turned over to outside agency, so much circumstational evidence. Didn't look for other suspects, even with PM being threatened. Did thry investigate any rhreats?

I've believed from day one this was revenge. The way PM was killed. I think MM was in the wrong place. Not sure who, he wronged so many. Some hated this man.

I've known grown men to lay in freezing rain, on the ground, silent for hours. Waiting to shoot deer. Two friends laid in wait to record a mother's lover staying over. They recorded until he left the next am 12 hrs.

It would be very easy to park a several miles away. Hike in and lay in wait. I do believe there were two shooters. The persons knew the family well, knew what guns to use.

Now if LE had secured the crime scene, called in our agency to investigate, etc, then I would feel comfortable in the verdict.
Moo....

I don't think the scene was well handled/controlled. I agree. I think part of that poor handling was AM manipulated. He called everyone he could to get all of these esteemed people with LE connections to come to that property---they wanted to be there for their co-worker, friend, brother. The result of them all converging with the accumulated power of most being lawyers was that LE (already overwhelmed by the scope of this scene) failed in leadership to push all of them, including AM, off the total property. The officers that came to get his clothes and see the house even offered to remove their guns and badges so as to not upset people. I would hazard a guess that almost every lawyer at that firm is kicking themselves for their actions that muddled the scene.

Second, I think that AM was careless with guns and all of his belongings due in part to his addiction and in part of his privilege. He could always do whatever he wanted. With the boat accident, PM put him in a position that cascaded. He might have thought he could get him off in the beginning but when there was an accusation of tampering by him.... the clock that AM could not manipulate started to wind down. He was going to be on the hook for money. And, AM loved his son but he had already cleaned up a couple of messes for him-- the truck roll-over, the clear DUI that was never charged. PM kept bringing attention to AM and that could not stand. Then, PM is on him about his drug use.... a bridge too far.

I like your analogy of grown men on the ground in the rain. I think that AM was that grown man in the rain.... he had been planning for this, knowing that the day would come when he would need to kill PM and MM. MM would never have let something happen to PM without a full press of LE getting to the bottom of it. She would go against AM in favor of PM in heart beat.... JMHO.

Local LE were/are all buddies of the Murdaughs. Many favors and monies exchanged between them all. MOO
I know a couple of the first responders to the boat crash (not DNR people) and my daughter knows a few of the Colleten County Deputies at Moselle. I have no idea if their supervisors are buddies with the Murdaughs but the first responding deputies/cops/firefighters/paramedics are definitely not buddies with the Murdaughs.

Before anyone asks...None of them have said anything about what they may have seen or heard at either scene or about any of the Murdaughs - no one I know would show them disrespect by asking them questions either. IMO any sepeculation about LE buddies with the Murdaughs needs to be directed higher up the food chain because the last place any of these first responders wanted to be was answering a call involving a fatal boat crash or a double murder involving one of the most powerful families in this area - they will not talk, they will not gossip and they performed their duties as best they could and/or are allowed to.

I don't think the scene was well handled/controlled. I agree. I think part of that poor handling was AM manipulated. He called everyone he could to get all of these esteemed people with LE connections to come to that property---they wanted to be there for their co-worker, friend, brother. The result of them all converging with the accumulated power of most being lawyers was that LE (already overwhelmed by the scope of this scene) failed in leadership to push all of them, including AM, off the total property. The officers that came to get his clothes and see the house even offered to remove their guns and badges so as to not upset people. I would hazard a guess that almost every lawyer at that firm is kicking themselves for their actions that muddled the scene.
Snipped for focus

YES! I think Alex surrounded himself with all these people so if LE tried to put it on him or suggested it that night, they all could vouch for him maybe that even happened without them even saying a word, but just by showing up in force it showed they didn't believe he did this. Maybe, right or wrong, that is what also impacted LE that night.

I do. Won't be well liked. To many mistakes by LE. Didn't secure crime scene, should have turned over to outside agency, so much circumstational evidence. Didn't look for other suspects, even with PM being threatened. Did thry investigate any rhreats?

I've believed from day one this was revenge. The way PM was killed. I think MM was in the wrong place. Not sure who, he wronged so many. Some hated this man.

I've known grown men to lay in freezing rain, on the ground, silent for hours. Waiting to shoot deer. Two friends laid in wait to record a mother's lover staying over. They recorded until he left the next am 12 hrs.

It would be very easy to park a several miles away. Hike in and lay in wait. I do believe there were two shooters. The persons knew the family well, knew what guns to use.

Now if LE had secured the crime scene, called in our agency to investigate, etc, then I would feel comfortable in the verdict.
Moo....
Not my list but moo I agree:

101 Reasons Why

1. Alex lied to 911 operator.
2. Alex lied to first officer on scene.
3. Lied about being at kennels/crime scene for 15 months.
4. Lied about the clothes he had on that night at 7:44.
5. Lied about touching Paul and Maggie and changed story multiple times.
6. Cannot remember the last conversation he ever had with his wife of 27 years.
7. Cannot remember the last conversation he ever had with PauPau.
8. He doesn’t remember much but does remember he paused at Almeda because he lost his phone in the car.
9. Cannot remember why he was running 3 miles an hour at from 9:02-9:05. (2.5 times faster than normal according to data)
10. Lied about napping. Phone shows he never napped.
11. Maggie was not planning to come to Moselle that night until Alex asked her to come.
12. Paul was not planning to come to Moselle that night. Alex asked him to come.
13. Paul had confronted his Dad about pill bag on May 27th.
14. Paul’s entire reason for being at the kennels was to care for Cash and send Rogan a video. He was interrupted.
15. Paul was actively texting with a girl about going to a movie. He never gets a chance to text her back.
16. Paul recorded no steps after 8:42.
17. Maggie phone stops all activity at 8:49:31, seconds after Paul’s phone
18. Paul’s phone stops all activity at 8:48:59.
19. Paul misses calls and texts from everyone.
20. Alex claims he heard nothing at all. But he saw a wild cat. LOL
21. Alex claims he was on golf cart at 8:49.
22. Alex said there was nobody else on the property
23. The dogs did not alert- according to Alex.
24. The hose was put up neatly after the dog caretaker, Dale, made his afternoon visit. It was found like it had been put up in a hurry.
25. Bubba was put up in wrong pin. Hitmen don’t care about dogs .
26. Alex heard saying “here” (presumably to a dog) at 10:08 on 911 call.
27. Maggie was killed by family gun.
28. Paul was killed by family gun.
29. Same caliber guns are missing from Moselle.
30. Hitmen do not typically show up for a double murder with no weapons,no ammunition, no vehicle, and no phone.
31. Paul loaded the ammunition in the weapon he was killed with
32. Alex lied about when the AR “went missing.” He said it was stolen in the Fall. Will testified he sighted that exact AR at the back door in late April 2021
33. Shells were found exactly where Will L said they would be-at the back door.
34. Loafers are missing.
35. Clothes are missing. It was SLED’s duty to ask for them. However, a rational person would rush home and turn over the clothes/shoes he wore in Snapchat video if accused of murder.
36. Jeanie confronted Alex 6/7 about $700k stolen.
37. Lafitte was pressuring Alex about being $400k
overdrawn in checking account.
38. Tinsley was pressuring him for financials. Was due in court June 9th and had not submitted anything requested. Disclosing his financial status would change his life.
39. Chris Wilson was asking for the $192k he owed. This created more pressure
40. Each time Alex was confronted at work, something catastrophic happened.
41. Testimony proves Alex was using his solicitor’s badge illegally. He isn’t above manipulating difficult situations.
42. Alex said Shelly lied about seeing him with blue plastic raincoat/tarp.
43. Blue tarp covered in GSR.
44. Alex tried to influence Shelly’s by saying he could help pay for her wedding and could contact her boss as favor.
45. It was not typical for Mrs Murdaugh to visit with family after she was already sleeping for an hour.
46. Alex said Blanca lied about the polo shirt he was wearing. She had a very clear memory of what he was wearing.
47. Alex said Marion’s testimony was wrong.
48. Alex said Gloria’s son also “remembered the facts wrong.”
49. Alex stole from his own brother twice at the firm. Family wasn’t off limits.
50. Alex says Jeannie’s testimony is wrong. He says the stolen $700k was no big deal and he was under no pressure at work that day.
51. Alex testifies they’re all mistaken in their testimonies. He’s sure they are not lying and good people. They’re just all misinterpreting him.
52. Marion said Maggie’s plan was to go see Mr. Murdaugh with Alex that even . She wasn’t planning to be at Moselle.
53. Maggie’s underwear and pajamas were staged. Blanca had cleaned that day and didn’t arrive until
54. Marion said Alex told her his main goal was to exonerate Paul after death. Never placed emphasis on finding the killer.
55. Multiple people testified it was usual to leave Moselle and drive by kennels. Alex fails to say bye or let them know he’s leaving. Goes to other entrance.
56. Alex leaves without saying bye and calls and texts Maggie at 9:06 as he is leaving.
57. Alex deletes 73 calls from his call log.
58. Alex is heard saying “Here” on 911 call. Waters believed he was calling for and putting Bubba back in pen.
59. Geo-fencing data showed no other phones connected to towers for Moselle.
60. The boat crash video shown is typical Alex trying to muddy the waters regarding who was driving.
61. Was trying to frame Connor for Mallory’s death. Proves he is influencing people to bend to his will. The kids were afraid of him!
62. He believed he would get away with this like his family has always done. He counted on his buddy Duffy to make the case disappear.
63. Sheriff Smalls said Alex did not get permission for blue lights. Caught in lie #87,773,295 on the stand.
64. Ronnie Crosby testified he had seen Alex produce tears while trying cases, to influence juries.
65. Chris Wilson testified he had seen Alex produce tears while trying cases, to influence juries
66. Mark Ball also mention his “fake crying” manipulation of juries by Alex.
67. Alex has zero empathy for vulnerable people. He is pathological in his lies.
68. Alex was strung out on oxy. This combined with external pressures could lower his inhibition and increase impulsivity.
69. Alex claimed he heard no gunshots but was there within 2 minutes of phone activity stopping.
70. Alex testified he was having a lot of paranoid thought at this time. Proves mental health is declining.
71. Alex is quiet at beginning of 911 call. Hysteria starts when phone connects to operator.
72. Alex drove at speeds to 80 mph on backwoods beat up roads to get to Almeda to get to his sleeping mother that has difficulty getting back to sleep if awakened.
73. Alex lied about checking on Paul and Maggie. There were no footprints found around either body. Scene described as bloodbath.
74. No blood was found on his shoes or clothes.
75. Mark Ball got blood on his shoes, shirt, and pants just by looking into feed room and walking around at scene
76. Mr. Randolph was terminal,but Alex called several people then leaves his phone in the house to form an alibi. More staging.
77. Alex lied about purchase of replacement AR purchased by Maggie.
78. Alex was asked by SLED to provide a list of missing guns so they could be flagged in the system and possibly be traced to other crimes/killers. Never provided list.
79. Brings up boat wreck 5 minutes into 911 call.
80. Brings up boat wreck less than one minute of first responders arriving.
81. Brings up boat wreck 6 minutes into first interview.
82. Testifies nobody involved with boat crash would do this.
83. Testifies he thinks it was a random person from social media that came to ki11 them, in the country, not knowing they would be there and arriving empty handed.
84. Tells officer in interview he was on phone with his brother. Records show it was Rogan.
85. Lied about time he left for work on 6/7.
86. Lied about time he left for home on 6/7.
87. Lied about time he was at Almeda on 6/7.
88. Alex told LE the only tire tracks seen were his suburban. – Now ki!!er arrives on foot with no phone, no weapon, and no ammunition
89. Shells found by Maggie’s body match with shells from side door of house. Matching shells also found at gun range.
90. Staged ridiculous road side shenanigans.
91. Claims it was for Bus. But it was to take heat off of himself by giving impression social media vigilantes are coming for him now. Claims he didn’t know there was no suic ide clause on the policy.
92. Went as far as providing a ridiculous sketch of “suspect”
93. He is continuing to spiral. He punctured his tire with a knife on 9/4. Doesn’t even bother wiping his fingerprints off of it and then tosses it in the grass.
94. He was again confronted at work and fired. Roadside stunt happens very next day.
95. Claims he tried to help LE solve the murders but lied to them about everything that night and after.
96. Waters asks Alex if he is a family annihilator. Alex checks all the boxes for the traits.
97. In phone interview with SLED Alex said he used $40-$60k per week. That is a lie. He would be dead.
98. Cousin Eddie was laundering millions of dollars for Alex.
99. No drug dealer kills their cash cow.
100. He has no soul.
101. Nobody that is innocent has to tell 500 lies.

I wonder if they found a damaged baseball bat (remember AM coached the boys in baseball) or a damaged vehicle in their search of the property that lead to the re-opening of the Smith case. Would not be surprised. And, I could also see someone other than the boys getting distressed about Mr. Smith. JMHO, though.

The new photo of AM with a shaved head makes me smile, you can always tell when a prisoner is fearful of looking like a pretty boy ….they shave it off!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite AM word salads: "You've got a lot of factors in there, Mr. Waters, all of which I do not agree with, but some of which I do," Murdaugh said.

I loved the refrain, "I am here to answer any of your questions, Mr. Waters." Then, he proceeds to talk around and toss a word salad without answering the question. Everytime he said that in cross, I wanted to scream, "Just answer the question, then."

Moo....
Respectfully, if you believed this from day one, why pray tell did you not contact the Murdaugh family or one of the many lawyers involved or LE and share your beliefs and offer the services of whatever agency you're associated with that would have investigated this crime in a manner with fewer mistakes that might have resulted in a different outcome?

I suppose LE could have investigated the "threats" to Paul if any would have ever been reported to LE so they could investigate but the family and friends said no one took them seriously enough to report them so how do you investigate something you don't know anything about?

Until LE releases a list of everyone they did investigate, I cannot say with any degree of certainty that LE didn't look for any other suspects.

I know several hunters that wait patiently to shoot a deer but I don't know any that wait patiently and then run out and blow the head off the deer with a shotgun. I'm not saying your thoughts are not valid as to a hide and watch scenario but I am of the opinion that if that were the case, there was at least 27 months and numerous opportunities to drop their prey from afar and no one would have been the wiser.
MOO

The witnesses have to live in a town that still has Murdaugh powerbrokers even if they loved MM. MM's family is in a no-win situation. If they speak out, they might lose a connection with MM's only living child as BM seems to be in the innocent camp. I would want to have a relationship with my nephew so keeping silent is the better choice in my book. If there is a Murdaugh that might be in the guilty camp, I doubt that they would speak out---don't want to lose their family. Waters said this is a complex dynamic and I agree. MM's sister testified and said she wished she never told her to go to Moselle that night. She knows the story. We don't and, probably, won't.

I didn't say it would be easy. I don't know what I would have done myself in his situation which I can't know all the dynamics of. All I am saying is he will regret not standing up for them. Jmo

According to the Netflix documentary, Alec took out a $2M liability policy on the house where Mrs. S fell, just two months before.

She's the one who first found his pills and shared that information with Paul. She was afraid Maggie would fire her for snooping, according to the documentary.

Does anyone else remember that weird bit about putting himself on the claim when he filed against his insurance carrier? As well as Mrs. S. She of course dies, and he gets the settlement!!

IIRC. IMO.
Another thing that is interesting to keep in mind is that somehow AM got home and to the front steps where GS had fallen before the EMTs even got there and that's when he says she was able to tell him she fell over the dogs. o_O

Unclear whether MM and PM alerted AM before they called 911.

Only what I recall from past posts. Moo.

Moo....
Given the background of the family, and their bribes and relationships with LE. I look at the crime scene fiasco as part of AM's control and manipulation, similar to what Alex did at the hospital after the boat crash, trying to control the situation any way he could. It also happened with the death of Stephen Smith, control and manipulation by the family, with LE as their puppets.

I loved the refrain, "I am here to answer any of your questions, Mr. Waters." Then, he proceeds to talk around and toss a word salad without answering the question. Everytime he said that in cross, I wanted to scream, "Just answer the question, then."
Did you watch the CW interview on Court TV? CW said he let him talk and talk because he knew he would show who he is. Said he purposely would pause in the questioning because AM would start talking without him even asking a question, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard