Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

What is interesting is that boat was mentioned in the very beginning, based on the rate of speed he was moving. Boat is still at the top of my evil list.

This case actually angers me. I will never stop being angry for him being so mistreated on so many levels.
The case angers me too. When I first saw the Disappeared episode, I was ANGRY and I still am angry. This podcast episode angers me too. It was released on Friday. True Crime Broads interviewed Penny, a friend of the Chambers.

After looking at a map and studying the news story, it appears the remains and the bike are off the road quite a ways. Not sure of 10 minutes or 10 miles, but either way think about how "someone" could get the body and the bicycle to this point?

Pawpaw was a big man. He would not have ridden his bike to that point. And as most of us agree, he met with foul play.

It would take at least 2 people if not 3 to get him there or it would take more than 1 trip for 2 people if they went by land. There would have been 2 people to carry him and someone else to carry the bicycle.

Unless it is possible to get to that spot by boat. It was daylight, but getting dark I think when they were looking for him, so I am assuming it was daylight when he went missing. I think they would have carried the body and bicycle by boat or pick up wrapped a tarp, but removing those items from the highway during daylight hours would be very risky.

I still think 2 people would be invloved if they took him by boat. I guess 1 person could have managed if they too were big and strong. Taking him in a boat during the day would be much easier. One could stay away from other boats and meander around the fingers of the lake to get to that point? This seems to be a safer way to transport the body and bike.

I wish a local was on this thread to tell us if that is possible?

Interesting post. I wish to mention that if you go to the bridge on google maps and use street view and move around some you can see that boats can have access to the river going under it and have access to the lake that way. I can see a boat several times from street view with people on it going under the bridge and also in the River at different points.

MOO

Interesting post. I wish to mention that if you go to the bridge on google maps and use street view and move around some you can see that boats can have access to the river going under it and have access to the lake that way. I can see a boat several times from street view with people on it going under the bridge and also in the River at different points.

MOO
I just looked on Google Maps. I also noticed that they are from February 2023. Water seems high but I see what you mean about the boats. Not being from the area, I have no idea about how to access those locations.

There was a unsolved missing person (Robert Baron) from Pennsylvania, dating back to 2017. The police made an arrest this week. But in the news stories, this caught my eye:

"[The police] said advancements in forensics and cell tower analysis led to renewed search efforts in the . . .section of the borough this week." It continues, "A 13-page affidavit released Friday detailed how the [suspect's] cellphone information, analyzed in recent weeks by the FBI's Cellular Analysis Survey Team, tracked the [suspect's] location the night Baron disappeared to show he had been near [Baron's restaurant] shortly after 11pm."

I immediately thought that perhaps the FBI Cellular Analysis Survey Team might be helping out in the Michael Chambers case. Advancements in cell tower analysis? Sounds interesting to me!!

The case angers me too. When I first saw the Disappeared episode, I was ANGRY and I still am angry. This podcast episode angers me too. It was released on Friday. True Crime Broads interviewed Penny, a friend of the Chambers.

I feel for Penny. I find much of what she shares in the podcast infuriating but not necessarily surprising. How sad for PaPaw.

I do believe that LE know (confirmed by dental to be … PaPaw’s :( even if not necessarily backed up by DNA) the ID of the remains found by the hiker a few months ago, and I hope that the perp(s) is scared.

I feel for Penny. I find much of what she shares in the podcast infuriating but not necessarily surprising. How sad for PaPaw.

I do believe that LE know (confirmed by dental to be … PaPaw’s :( even if not necessarily backed up by DNA) the ID of the remains found by the hiker a few months ago, and I hope that the perp(s) is scared.
BBM
I did not know the remains were identified through dental records! Do you have a link for that? Just curious! TYIA

Also, I am new here and I know that anything I have to say about this case has probably already been said on a thread somewhere on this site.
However, I grew up in the Rains County and Hunt County areas and had many friends in Quinlan. I am very familiar with Lake Tawakoni and traveled Highway 276 on an almost daily basis. If the remains that were found in Rains County last year are in fact his, I have bigtime questions.

It's hard to get work done with this pending announcement about the remains. I just feel for this family so bad and I want some answers for them. At one point, the Klein team announced that they will release a report after Hunt County Sheriff's Office makes its announcement. That will be interesting. We know that there are parallel investigations going on too; the investigation of the remains and the scene but also a criminal investigation. I'm curious to know whether there is progress on that front too or whether the news is only about the ID of the remains.

Also, I am new here and I know that anything I have to say about this case has probably already been said on a thread somewhere on this site.
However, I grew up in the Rains County and Hunt County areas and had many friends in Quinlan. I am very familiar with Lake Tawakoni and traveled Highway 276 on an almost daily basis. If the remains that were found in Rains County last year are in fact his, I have bigtime questions.
I have quite a bit of family in the area so I also have alot of questions. Praying they will announce soon!

It’s always good to hear from the locals. Welcome to those who’ve joined us in recent days.

If you haven’t yet, you may want to go back and review some of the previous seven threads; there is a lot of good, research-based information there regarding how and when the death certificate was obtained, timeline, etc.

Personally, I only want the truth.

Hopeful the truth is revealed soon. However I have to wonder if this pending announcement of a announcement is just another way to stay relevant. Time will tell.... Hopeful for peace and justice. Thoughts are with the loved ones of Michael Chambers. Let the TRUTH shine bright!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back