Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

As long as we’ve waited and prayed for him to be found, my whole heart is broken right now. My sincere sympathy goes out to those who loved Michael Chambers, and all of us who grew to love him over the past several years.
Now, let us gallop down the path of justice.
RIP Mr. Chambers.
So well said. Thank you. My heart is broken too. For his family and for those who loved him, this needs to be brought to a conclusion.

From the Facebook page, “Bring PaPaw Home,” posted 9 minutes ago:

ETA: Here’s the entire post:
“We want to take a moment to thank so many people that were moved by my uncle's case. His life was spent giving to others, and in return so many gave their time and efforts to help him. We appreciate the love and support you have given us over the past 6 years. This is not the end, but only the beginning. This case still remains an OPEN INVESTIGATION.

Thank you to Terry Jones for his continued efforts on this case. Please continue to pray for our family, and for those who still have a missing loved one.

The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office has learned the human remains located in Rains County are the remains of Michael Glenn Chambers. Michael Chambers was a retired Dallas Firefighter and was reported missing on March 10, 2017.

Statement from Terry Jones:

‘I ask for the continued prayers for the Chambers family. Mr. Chambers' family have waited for answers for a long time, and I hope this brings some closure to the Chambers family. This remains an open investigation and my office will continue to diligently investigate this case.’

This is an open investigation and no further information will be released at this time.

#BringPaPawHome”

Hope there is some DNA on that bicycle because we all KNOW PawPaw DID NOT ride that bicycle to that area.
RIP Mr. Chambers
Agreed! This just makes no sense why he would be at this part of the lake. It would be a long and difficult way to travel via bicycle from where he lived in Quinlan (or kinda seems closer to Cash).

For those not familiar with the area, Highway 276 is a somewhat busy road and the parts that go through the countryside have no shoulder. I can't imagine riding this road on a bicycle through West Tawakoni, much less across the 2-Mile Bridge!
Once you are across 2-Mile you are in Rains County. He would have also had to cross another smaller set of bridges on 276 to end up where the remains were found. Technically, that area is just past East Tawakoni and is in Point, and is at least 15-20 miles away from where he lived.
I guess it is possible, but to me, it would have been a difficult journey.

"Since the recovery of the remains investigators have awaited the results of the examination, the process of obtaining a DNA profile and process of identifying the DNA profile," read a statement from the Hunt County Sheriff's Office in the Greenville Herald-Banner. "The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office recently obtained those results and have been in contact with family members of the identified person."

“I ask for the continued prayers for the Chambers family. Mr. Chambers family have waited for answers for a long time, and I hope this brings some closure to the Chambers family. This remains an open investigation and my office will continue to diligently investigate this case," Hunt County Sheriff Terry Jones said in a statement to the newspaper.

Can someone please remind me who the first person was that gave the bike ride theory?
Well there is this article. ********************Published April 3, 2018 at 12:42 PM CDT
Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks has retracted his statement that Michael Chambers may have committed suicide.

Thirteen months after a retired firefighter went missing from his Hunt County home, Sheriff Randy Meeks says the man vanished on the other in East Tawakoni.

Last March, Michael Chambers disappeared from his home near Quinlan. On Monday, Meeks told Dallas radio station KRLD that the investigation found phone records showing Chambers cell phone crossed the two-mile bridge connecting East Tawakoni to West Tawakoni at about two-and-a-half miles per hour.

Meeks told the Herald-Banner that he thinks Chambers crossed the bridge on a bike.

On Monday, TV station NBC-5 reported that Meeks suspected Chambers had jumped from the bridge and committed suicide. On Tuesday, Meeks walked that comment back in the Herald-Banner, saying he misspoke and that he had no evidence to back up the claim. He told the Herald-Banner that dive crews had already searched the area around the bridge and had turned up nothing.

Chambers was last seen on a surveillance camera at the Quinlan Walmart March 10, 2017.
Sheriff: Missing Firefighter Vanished in East Tawakoni

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back