CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

On March 13, a package arrived. Another employee had opened it, and the office manager decided to take a peek. Inside, she found “a bio-hazard sticker and what said ‘Potassium Cyanide’ on a circular canister,” the affidavit continues.

The office manager sealed up the package, and googled “potassium cyanide.” She then realized that Angela’s symptoms seemed to match those of cyanide poisoning.

A short time later, Craig called his business partner and said he had “heard some disturbing information,” asking if the other man “had said anything to the hospital staff.”

He said he knew about the package, to which Craig replied it was “a ring for Angela and that he wanted to surprise her.” The business partner told Craig he knew it wasn’t a ring, and asked why he would buy potassium cyanide, according to the affidavit.

“James eventually recanted and admitted the package contained Potassium Cyanide but claimed that Angela asked him to order it,” the affidavit continues, stating that Craig claimed to his business partner that Angela had been suicidal.

Bless the office manager!! She helped make certain he didn't get away with this!

In a series of emails viewed by investigators, Craig allegedly made travel plans for his mistress to visit him on dates that lined up almost precisely with Angela’s various hospitalizations.

The woman was scheduled to visit Denver from March 8-10, which corresponded with Angela’s previous hospital stay from March 9-14, according to the affidavit. The second flight itinerary was for March 16-20, beginning the day Angela went to the hospital and later died. The flight was purchased on March 4, the same date that the arsenic was delivered to Craig’s home, the affidavit states.

2/11/1978 - It's in this doc

I cannot believe the amount of detail in this warrant. It makes me very happy to think that he will not get away with it.

I also can’t believe how arrogant he is, telling his business partner, that he is the one that caused all this trouble, and that he had a good explanation for everything. That text was pages long, berating his “friend”, and pleading with him not to talk anymore to LE before he did any more damage. Ridiculous.

3/20/23

A dentist arrested in the murder of his wife and mother of his six children allegedly researched poisons that can't be detected in an autopsy before lacing his wife's protein shakes with arsenic and cyanide to start a new life with his lover.

James Toliver Craig, 45, of Aurora, Colorado used a shared computer at his workplace to conduct multiple online searches about poison before his wife Angela, 43, died in hospital this week, according to his arrest warrant.

[..]

The affidavit said Craig planned to: 'end his wife's life by searching for ways to kill someone undetected, providing her poisons that align with her hospitalized symptoms, and working on starting a new life with [his lover].'

2/11/1978 - It's in this doc

Yikes. They did a halfass job of redacting that document. What a read!
Love how his girlfriend (the TX orthodontist whose name and practice are not redacted) is trying to comfort him after Angela’s death and says something like she’s leaving it on god’s hands.

This guy is a piece of work. They have 6 kids. What was he thinking. Seems like they have tons of support thru their church so that’s good. Why is it always Colorado?

I cannot believe the amount of detail in this warrant. It makes me very happy to think that he will not get away with it.

I also can’t believe how arrogant he is, telling his business partner, that he is the one that caused all this trouble, and that he had a good explanation for everything. That text was pages long, berating his “friend”, and pleading with him not to talk anymore to LE before he did any more damage. Ridiculous.
Thank god for his business partner/wife, and the office manager. They already knew he was an unsavory character, so they were on to him asap. It’s too bad Angela passed away while the investigation had just started.

Yikes. They did a halfass job of redacting that document. What a read!
Love how his girlfriend (the TX orthodontist whose name and practice are not redacted) is trying to comfort him after Angela’s death and says something like she’s leaving it on god’s hands.

This guy is a piece of work. They have 6 kids. What was he thinking. Seems like they have tons of support thru their church so that’s good. Why is it always Colorado?

Yes. Just wow. Poorly redacted for sure. Hope the girlfriend realizes she might have been next someday down the road.

Thank god for his business partner/wife, and the office manager. They already knew he was an unsavory character, so they were on to him asap. It’s too bad Angela passed away while the investigation had just started.

Agreed. Just super creepy that he has to say hey babe I didn't poison you this time (like I did last time). Seriously? Wtf. I wonder if he had been planning to kill her for years but for whatever reason didn't follow all the way through on the previous poisoning incident or if he was doing it to see how she reacted (or how quickly she needed medical help), test her trust in him, etc...? So glad someone in the office opened that package and spoke up about it. A great case of see something, say something.

I am glad he has been caught and hopefully won't be in charge of his own children. This must be horrifying for them on so many levels but they are much safer being far, far, far away from him.

And the whole thing about gaslighting his friend, trying to bully the friend into not talking to LE.

Just jaw-dropping. All of it.

MOO and IMO.

There was another dentist (PA, Lawrence Rudolph) convicted last June 2022 in US District Court - Denver, also of murdering his wife so he could be with his office manager.

Fortunately, these charges for Craig are filed in Arapahoe County District Court where we get to see the details!

Wow… I don’t think I can read anymore. This story is unbelievable.

3/20/23

Aurora police said Craig’s marriage and business were on the rocks and he had just begun a romantic relationship with a Texas orthodontist when he started his plans, according to the affidavit released Monday.

The 18th Judicial District Attorneys' office is contemplating whether to add charges. Craig had his first appearance in court Monday morning.

Craig was the co-owner of Sunnybrook Dental at 14991 E. Hampden Ave. in Aurora. Angela's Facebook page, titled "Angela N Jim Craig," showed a profile photo of the couple surrounded by six children.

It was Craig's dental business partner who pulled a nurse aside at University Hospital and advised her that Angela Craig may have the deadly poison in her system and asked doctors to check for it, according to the 52-page arrest affidavit.

The Craigs were having marital problems and may have been headed for a divorce when the 45-year-old dentist opened a new Gmail account on Feb. 27, investigators said in the arrest record.

From that account, Aurora police alleged, Craig was researching poisons, putting in urgent orders for potassium cyanide and exchanging emails with his mistress.

“It appears James was flying this woman into Denver while his wife and the mother of his children was dying in the hospital,” arrest documents alleged.

[..]

James Craig is next due in court Thursday at 8:30 a.m. when he will be advised of formal charges.

@Niner

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member