UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is the "Jenny" translator (suggestion is that lil sis is one sick puppy and needs a translator for her "creative" way of seeing her father)

I do not like this lady. the manner of speaking is really annoying.
I agree. Then when I heard her say she was the manager of a mental health clinic dealing with drug addicts with mental health issues I understood----she speaks and behaves like someone trying to be non-triggering, non-specific, kind of passive/aggressive type of communication

She was a difficult witness, wouldn't answer yes to anything, but still smiled and tried to act cooperative even though she was seething and resentful underneath imo

She is the "Jenny" translator (suggestion is that lil sis is one sick puppy and needs a translator for her "creative" way of seeing her father)

I do not like this lady. the manner of speaking is really annoying.
Yeah I am really turned off by her! She seems condescending towards her younger sister. Just say that’s Jenny’s perception and experience. As a so-called mental health worker, she should understand siblings have very diff experiences with their parents. She wasn’t in the home during the nasty divorce, Jenny was. There is a way to answer these questions without making Jenny seem like a cuckoo bird.

I agree. Then when I heard her say she was the manager of a mental health clinic dealing with drug addicts with mental health issues I understood----she speaks and behaves like someone trying to be non-triggering, non-specific, kind of passive/aggressive type of communication

She was a difficult witness, wouldn't answer yes to anything, but still smiled and tried to act cooperative even though she was seething and resentful underneath imo
BBM! This type of communication makes me so angry!! You’ve hit the nail on the head. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree! I bet Jenny is the family’s scapegoat. The family tiptoes around Dad and Jenny is not allowed to call Dad out!

BBM! This type of communication makes me so angry!! You’ve hit the nail on the head. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree! I bet Jenny is the family’s scapegoat. The family tiptoes around Dad and Jenny is not allowed to call Dad out!
ding ding ding ding.

I suspect this daughter went into the field she did in order to learn how to navigate her relationship with difficult daddy. JMO Whereas Jenny calls him out and is the "sick" one. I want to hear what the third daughter has to say. hope her dep comes up as we go.

ding ding ding ding.

I suspect this daughter went into the field she did in order to learn how to navigate her relationship with difficult daddy. JMO Whereas Jenny calls him out and is the "sick" one. I want to hear what the third daughter has to say. hope her dep comes up as we go.
It’s very common according to family systems theory for one sibling/child to play the “problem child” in a dysfunctional family. It’s a way of stabilizing the family’s emotional instability. The role of the problem child is to distract from the family dysfunction/problems. I’m not surprised at all that the plaintiff was screaming at Jenny and never did that to either of the other siblings. And it was also stated that he was trying to mold Jenny.

Aaaaand we’ve entered the boring neurology testimony. This witness is so monotone. I’m signing off for the day. Be back tmr for the other daughter’s testimony and then the plaintiff. I seriously doubt they’ll get to GP tomorrow. We’ll see.

The fact that she’s trying to act like he didn’t have signs of aging prior to the incident is such hogwash! Just hair thinning for a 70 yo man? Really?

Mr. Owens goes through hearing loss, vision impairment, prostate cancer, heart issues and then asks her if she noticed any signs of aging and she says just hair thinning! That was good work by Mr. Owens!! Haha.
either she is major liar or not close at all with her father. She purports to not know very basic things about him. Same as the girlfriend.

It’s very common according to family systems theory for one sibling/child to play the “problem child” in a dysfunctional family. It’s a way of stabilizing the family’s emotional instability. The role of the problem child is to distract from the family dysfunction/problems. I’m not surprised at all that the plaintiff was screaming at Jenny and never did that to either of the other siblings. And it was also stated that he was trying to mold Jenny.

and we have the term "identified patient" for similar reasons -- the individual in the family system presenting symptoms is not always the sick one!

Scapegoat, likely.

either she is major liar or not close at all with her father. She purports to not know very basic things about him. Same as the girlfriend.
My sense was that she’s just playing her role - dads mouth piece. She wanted to control the cross exam and make the atty look dumb. Instead she came across as insincere and condescending. She probably thinks she’s such a grown up and respects peoples “journey” and all that woo woo. She’s oh so enlightened! In her mind….

Defense should allow this info in otherwise it looks like they are trying to hide it to mislead the jury. If Jenny is a big part of their pre-accident evidence, then all this secrecy about her mental health is not good for defense. What exactly is her mental disability?
I think the problem for the defense is, what if the older sister is just lying and making up a psych diagnosis, just to get the money ? She can say 'ya, my sister is a schizophrenic, or a chronic liar, or a psychopath who hates my father for no reason, and is that fair to allow that?

Sounds like the trial is derailed by focus on the plaintiff's childrens' opinions.

I think that the reason he is injured, and Paltrow is not, is because she landed on him. If he crash landed onto her, she would have injuries and she would be suing.

As for his TBI, that is so difficult to demonstrate. His age works against him. Was his extensive travel after the ski collision? Was he ziplining before or after the accident? If after, TBI is more difficult to believe.

As for his opinion that he was unconscious, I'm fairly certain that people who are momentarily unconscious are not aware of being unconscious. Being stunned or disoriented does not mean unconscious.

I'm following but missed some (many?) things. Please help.
I think I heard that the plaintiff was unconscious for 45 min after the collision.
But, I heard conflicting evidence - like his detailed recollection of the ski patrol lady who helped him.

If he was unconscious for 45 min, wouldn't they have transported him to the hospital?
A ski instructor and later a patrol person was there to examine everybody at the scene.
Was he, or wasn't he, unconscious?

Even if his ribs were broken by her elbow when he landed on her, she would have an injured elbow and arm. Her wrist would be injured from taking the weight of him landing on her elbow.

He was a cushion for her crash landing. She got up, skied away, and had no injuries. He had broken ribs. Car accidents cause broken ribs. One person heading down the ski hill and crash landing on someone holding a ski pole could cause broken ribs. Ski injuries can be serious, especially for the victim of a crash landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa