NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

I agree. The story so far sounds like a bad spy movie IMO.

Do you think DC could be suffering with a mental illness that causes her to falsely believe she and Madalina are being pursued by “external threats?” And if so then is it possible she harmed Madalina in order to protect her from the threat? IOW thinking she’d be better off dead than in the hands of some criminal cartel?

If she was so afraid why then didn’t she ask her family to come get them or at least Madalina? DC had all the necessary papers to fly to Moldova.

Or is she making up stories to cover her own crime?
Yes.

jmo

After catching up today and reading all this, I still come away with the feeling that Diana is making stuff up left, right and center. Attempting to make herself a victim, and point fingers elsewhere. One story to her mother, another story to LE, and yet another to the school when they came looking for Madalina. I suspect she's likely told several different versions as well. Someone telling so many different stories usually means they're full of shnitzel.

I'm still on the side of the fence that says that little girl went missing at her mother's hand.

And also, CP bonded out at 5:23pm today MCSO
Hey now! Schnitzel is the name of my 16 year old grumpy cat! Lol

Last edited:
I agree. The story so far sounds like a bad spy movie IMO.

Do you think DC could be suffering with a mental illness that causes her to falsely believe she and Madalina are being pursued by “external threats?” And if so then is it possible she harmed Madalina in order to protect her from the threat? IOW thinking she’d be better off dead than in the hands of some criminal cartel?

If she was so afraid why then didn’t she ask her family to come get them or at least Madalina? DC had all the necessary papers to fly to Moldova.

Or is she making up stories to cover her own crime?
I agree this is a more likely possibility than Diana doing something to "save" her daughter via hiding her.

Rodica also alleged in her interview that Palmiter drugged Madalina and her mother before selling the girl for $5 million.

"Lately, he would use narcotics to make them sleep, both Madalina and Diana," Rodica told WCNC. "He used these narcotics in their juice. Diana and Madalina drank it, and he took Madalina out of the bedroom and gave her over to traffickers. I don't know to whom."

Both Diana and Palmiter entered pleas of not guilty in court last week and continue to claim they have no idea where Madalina is or what happened to her after she went missing from the family's North Carolina home back in November.

"He says he doesn't know anything, but it's not true," said Rodica. "Our Madalina is alive, and Diana was warned that 'if you tell police anything, I will kill you.' Chris knows who he sold our granddaughter to ... but he is involved with criminals."

Rodica also alleged in her interview that Palmiter drugged Madalina and her mother before selling the girl for $5 million.

"Lately, he would use narcotics to make them sleep, both Madalina and Diana," Rodica told WCNC. "He used these narcotics in their juice. Diana and Madalina drank it, and he took Madalina out of the bedroom and gave her over to traffickers. I don't know to whom."

Both Diana and Palmiter entered pleas of not guilty in court last week and continue to claim they have no idea where Madalina is or what happened to her after she went missing from the family's North Carolina home back in November.

"He says he doesn't know anything, but it's not true," said Rodica. "Our Madalina is alive, and Diana was warned that 'if you tell police anything, I will kill you.' Chris knows who he sold our granddaughter to ... but he is involved with criminals."
Wow! $5 million.

For what it's worth, and it's not that much considering it's still only based on what DC has said, this scenario (spiked drinks and selling Madalina) is consistent with the comments made earlier where DC said that she felt sick and passed out the night before Thanksgiving, and when she awoke the next day, Madalina was gone. She also made statements about CP having "bags of money", if I recall.

It might also account for the reason DC was afraid to tell anybody that Madalina was missing.

It wouldn't explain DC's trip to the mountains, unless she went up to enlist the aid of O who was staying up there.

But that is all speculation. From our vantage point, we can't discern what might be fact and what is just a story.

Has the trip by CP, supposedly to MI, ever been fully verified? As in - when he actually left for that trip? It seems to me one of the earlier comments by DC said that the night she got sick, she and CP were arguing, so he wouldn't have left yet. I always wondered about that, because he said he left several days before that.

There is so much confusion with this case. One thing that seemed clear to me from the beginning, though, is that CP and DC were NOT working together to tell one single fabricated story. Their stories just haven't matched. This leads me to believe that whatever happened to Madalina was not a coordinated effort between the two of them.

But again, even given all that, we just cannot know for sure. DC's mother is most likely just repeating what DC told her.

And if LE has already heard all that from DC, which I'm sure they have, it is hard to nearly impossible to verify one way or the other.

So for now, I'm going to keep an open mind. I'm certainly not convinced that CP is innocent of all wrongdoing. (That, however, is just MOO, of course.) I have a feeling this case may explode at some point, and that's why LE is keeping their cards close to their chest.

Poor Madalina.

For what it's worth, and it's not that much considering it's still only based on what DC has said, this scenario (spiked drinks and selling Madalina) is consistent with the comments made earlier where DC said that she felt sick and passed out the night before Thanksgiving, and when she awoke the next day, Madalina was gone. She also made statements about CP having "bags of money", if I recall.

It might also account for the reason DC was afraid to tell anybody that Madalina was missing.

It wouldn't explain DC's trip to the mountains, unless she went up to enlist the aid of O who was staying up there.

But that is all speculation. From our vantage point, we can't discern what might be fact and what is just a story.

Has the trip by CP, supposedly to MI, ever been fully verified? As in - when he actually left for that trip? It seems to me one of the earlier comments by DC said that the night she got sick, she and CP were arguing, so he wouldn't have left yet. I always wondered about that, because he said he left several days before that.

There is so much confusion with this case. One thing that seemed clear to me from the beginning, though, is that CP and DC were NOT working together to tell one single fabricated story. Their stories just haven't matched. This leads me to believe that whatever happened to Madalina was not a coordinated effort between the two of them.

But again, even given all that, we just cannot know for sure. DC's mother is most likely just repeating what DC told her.

And if LE has already heard all that from DC, which I'm sure they have, it is hard to nearly impossible to verify one way or the other.

So for now, I'm going to keep an open mind. I'm certainly not convinced that CP is innocent of all wrongdoing. (That, however, is just MOO, of course.) I have a feeling this case may explode at some point, and that's why LE is keeping their cards close to their chest.

Poor Madalina.
RBBM

Really important observation.

jmo

The drugs / sleeping thing really jumped out at me. It was the one part of the story that didn’t sound completely contrived when you consider it in amongst all the other more ridiculous parts of the story DC & mother have shared, so it made me wonder if DC was projecting.

I think that part might have happened, but I’m not so sure that CP was involved. I also think it might explain why MC disappeared and why DC couldn’t tell the truth about what happened.

The more time that goes on the less convinced I am that CP was directly involved.

Posted by Cornelius PD on August 27. There is also a short video at the link that has a couple of pictures I don't remember seeing before this.

With all the back-to-school talk, we cannot forget about Madalina Cojocari. Madalina should be preparing for her first day in the 7th grade. She should be picking out what she is going to wear on her first day back, and deciding how she was going to style her hair. Our department, along with the SBI and the FBI, continue to search for Madalina. As we have said, and will continue to say, our goal is to bring Madalina home. Please continue to share her picture on social media. We believe there is someone out there who may have important information regarding where Madalina is. We urge anyone to please call Detectives at 704-892-7773 with any information that will help us to #FindMadalina.

Madalina has been added to Missing Person's database NamUs:

She has many Nickname/Alias listed! I don't know what to make of that.

What a messed-up family this poor girl had to live with, IMO.

This does not make sense to me either…
How would it make sense financially, to travel quite a distance from NC to MI, for these containers of clothing and food? Who would be storing “large containers” of clothes and food for someone living multiple states away?
Some of the things that are being stated are really a stretch to imagine. * My opinion.

“Roseman told the court that Palmiter traveled to Michigan on Nov. 23 to recover large containers of clothing, food, incidentals and other items.”

i think Chris may be a little odd- frankly i find the marital relationship odd to begin with- but I think the mother's behavior has been suspicious from the beginning. I don't think Chris had anything to do with M"s disappearance. If it is true that she was thrown off by being named beneficiary, it's a pretty big and scary leap to think it makes you a target of nefarious forces. And the fact that she is being held and that the husband's bond got lowered to allow his release does not look like he is the number 1 suspect either.

I continue to believe when CP left his home on Thanksgiving day 2022 to travel to Michigan to "visit family", Madalina was in the vehicle. Maybe she was alive, maybe not. my opinion only

Why on earth would CP travel interstate to pick up food and clothing? That's just crazy and weird. But so is this whole case. And the adults in it, IMO.
I know it sounds weird at first, unless you consider it was stuff like camping clothes, gear & supplies, and maybe some freeze dried MRE (meals ready to eat) buckets he had stored there. I'm not sure if the MSM articles have ever actually detailed exactly what kind of stuff he was picking up, so this is just a guess.

MOO

I don’t think that Madalina has been with us from the very start.

Tails have been spun and I really held out hope but no longer.

LE really needs to dig deep on this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte
Back