NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1671201300428.png

Cornelius Police Facebook:

PRESS RELEASE - Cornelius Police Seek Assistance Locating Missing Juvenile

On December 15, 2022, at approximately 1:12 p.m., the Cornelius Police Department began investigating a missing person’s report involving a juvenile. The parents of the juvenile reported the juvenile missing to the Bailey Middle School SRO where the juvenile attends school. The juvenile was last seen at home, on the evening of November 23, 2022, and has not been seen since.

This is an active investigation, and the police department is asking the public for any information they may have on the whereabouts of Madalina Cojocari. She is an 11-year-old white female. She weighs approximately 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing jeans, pink, purple and white Adidas shoes, and a white t-shirt and jacket.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Madalina Cojocari is asked to please contact the Cornelius Police Department at 704-892-7773 or the North Mecklenburg Crimestoppers at 704-896-7867. You can remain anonymous.

Thread #1 Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
You may discuss the Facebook post to the extent it’s released by law enforcement and throughout the mainstream media. Screenshots you personally took of the post or images not found in the MSM are not allowed to be posted or discussed.

Here’s a snippet from the rules:

Official support pages for victims are allowed to be posted ("Help Find..." or "Justice for...") and will usually be run by the family. Posts on MSM or LE social media can also be posted. Pages from random, non-approved groups may NOT be posted.
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased.
  • Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.

"(1/x) Christopher Palmiter's lawyer claimed in court today that the reason Diana feared for her and #MadalinaCojocari's safety was because Chris had listed her as a beneficiary on a retirement account he had invested in. "
Second part of that tweet:

Sydney Heiberger QCNews
@SydneyHeiberger

(2/2) "She believed that Chris had placed them in danger and that there was an external threat that was coming for her and Madalina because he had signed these documents."
3:19 PM · Aug 17, 2023

So I think it means CP made DC the beneficiary of his IRA or 401K or whatever retirement account he has and it somehow scared DC who believed it made her and Madalina targets of criminals.

Criminals who were actively pursuing her, I guess in hopes of getting the money. It makes zero sense but it does make me think Diana was deeply involved in something criminal.

It’s common to name your spouse or children beneficiaries of retirement accounts.

I'm wondering why they lowered CP's bond so much that he'll likely get out right away.

Does it mean they don't think CP is guilty?

Have they given him a break for turning on DC?

Are they just trying to make it look like he turned on DC with his much lower bond, hoping DC will then tell on him in return?

Are they letting him out to try to catch him doing something incriminating?

Do they simply not have grounds to keep his bond so high when, unlike DC, he did not admit to knowingly refraining from reporting that MC was missing?

Does CP perhaps have a private attorney who has more time for his case, with DC having a court appointed one? (I think this issue was mentioned sometime earlier but if so, I don't remember).

I'm wondering why they lowered CP's bond so much that he'll likely get out right away.

Does it mean they don't think CP is guilty?

Have they given him a break for turning on DC?

Are they just trying to make it look like he turned on DC with his much lower bond, hoping DC will then tell on him in return?

Are they letting him out to try to catch him doing something incriminating?

Do they simply not have grounds to keep his bond so high when, unlike DC, he did not admit to knowingly refraining from reporting that MC was missing?

Does CP perhaps have a private attorney who has more time for his case, with DC having a court appointed one? (I think this issue was mentioned sometime earlier but if so, I don't remember).
You've got some very good ideas here.

This case is in my backyard, and I've been following it while hoping for the best possible outcome for MC. I am only more confused as details come out. I don't really know how to feel about what may have happened.
I'm sure the grandmother is well intended, but it seems she has the wool pulled over her eyes considering some of the outlandish statements that she has alledged. It makes me think even more so now that MC is deceased. It's all so heartbreaking. I had been holding out hope that she was safely smuggled away with that extended family member. Hopefully something useful/helpful will become of the reduced bond of CP.
MOO

This case is in my backyard, and I've been following it while hoping for the best possible outcome for MC. I am only more confused as details come out. I don't really know how to feel about what may have happened.
I'm sure the grandmother is well intended, but it seems she has the wool pulled over her eyes considering some of the outlandish statements that she has alledged. It makes me think even more so now that MC is deceased. It's all so heartbreaking. I had been holding out hope that she was safely smuggled away with that extended family member. Hopefully something useful/helpful will become of the reduced bond of CP.
MOO
I do not know why. But I feel like a lot of their statements are calculated. Grandmother included. All 3 adults in this situation seem to play the not-too-bright card while somehow being smart enough to not give any answers. This is all just my opinion though.

"My granddaughter is alive, but she's been kidnapped," Rodica Cojocari told WCNC Charlotte's Lexi Wilson. Rodica Cojocari believes her daughter Diana Cojocari, along with Madalina, were sold to traffickers for $5 million."

Well, there’s a problem here, Grandma. Your daughter DC is sitting in jail, so doubtful she’s been sold or we would be looking for her too. And where might that $5 million be?
I do think it is very possible that MC was given to someone, family or otherwise, but everything I’ve read indicates MC is probably the one who did the giving.

From your link:

The stepfather of missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari has posted bond, according to the Mecklenburg County Detention Center.

The judge also ordered that he is to have electronic monitoring and be subject to pre-trial supervision as part of his bond. It’s not immediately clear when Palmiter posted the bond.

During Thursday’s court appearance, Palmiter’s attorney discussed how the defendant’s investing in a retirement account led Madalina’s mother to believe they were in danger.

Defense attorney Brandon Roseman said, “There’s a lot of backstory in this case” when addressing the judge during the appearance.

Palmiter met with detectives and voluntarily did interviews for several hours, according to the attorney. The defendant believed Madalina’s mother, Diana Cojocari, had taken the child up in the mountains and she was safe.

More at the link, worth reading.

The story gets even stranger… summarizing more from the above link:

According to CP’s lawyer Diana has said she’s not afraid of CP but rather she’s afraid of “external threats” due to CP making her a beneficiary on his 401K.

CP went to Michigan to pick up clothes, food and other items, which supposedly supports the notion that Diana and Madalina were planning to go into hiding.

It’s not clear if she sent him to pick up the items but why then does he claim to not know what happened to Madalina? Makes no sense.

And I can’t think of any reason why DC would be afraid of being named a beneficiary on a retirement account. CP would have to die before she could access the funds. Shouldn’t CP be the one who’s afraid?

There was an unusual group that DC was associated with at least at one time. I posted about it in a previous thread. I found the post:

I don’t know if there’s any connection so this is just speculation on my part. Maybe she crossed someone she met in that group.

Or perhaps DC got involved in dealing drugs or stolen goods or something.

Crazier and crazier IMO.

After catching up today and reading all this, I still come away with the feeling that Diana is making stuff up left, right and center. Attempting to make herself a victim, and point fingers elsewhere. One story to her mother, another story to LE, and yet another to the school when they came looking for Madalina. I suspect she's likely told several different versions as well. Someone telling so many different stories usually means they're full of shnitzel.

I'm still on the side of the fence that says that little girl went missing at her mother's hand.

And also, CP bonded out at 5:23pm today MCSO

I'm still going Solomon's wisdom on this.

I think the mom upended a deadly plan, was not able to escape herself, but slipped M to safety. IMO she decided it would be better to give her up so she might have freedom than to hold on and lose her forever.

I know my maternal bias is showing but this is where I'm at right now. I think she has real justified fears and her own life and freedom are less important to her than making sure M stays hidden, given safe passage.

Illegal? Is it if she has full guardianship?

If she saved M from being sold/trafficked, and is in jail because of it, I can see it.

M may have traveled out of the country disguised alongside a legitimate family and is living in a commune somewhere. Ideal? Well, if the alternative was trafficked...

I know I could be completely wrong but the mom's silence resonates with me. Lifetime imprisonment is nothing if it keeps her daughter safe. Alive.

I wait. I watch.

JMO

I'm still going Solomon's wisdom on this.

I think the mom upended a deadly plan, was not able to escape herself, but slipped M to safety. IMO she decided it would be better to give her up so she might have freedom than to hold on and lose her forever.

I know my maternal bias is showing but this is where I'm at right now. I think she has real justified fears and her own life and freedom are less important to her than making sure M stays hidden, given safe passage.

Illegal? Is it if she has full guardianship?

If she saved M from being sold/trafficked, and is in jail because of it, I can see it.

M may have traveled out of the country disguised alongside a legitimate family and is living in a commune somewhere. Ideal? Well, if the alternative was trafficked...

I know I could be completely wrong but the mom's silence resonates with me. Lifetime imprisonment is nothing if it keeps her daughter safe. Alive.

I wait. I watch.

JMO
My maternal bias tells me M is dead and mom has a lot going on and is a part of it. The likelihood of any of these outrageous claims being true is, IMO, next to none.

My maternal bias tells me M is dead and mom has a lot going on and is a part of it. The likelihood of any of these outrageous claims being true is, IMO, next to none.
That's my best guess too. And of course if DC is involved, she'd be hugely motivated to put out wild, murky, alternative theories that cast doubt, to try to save herself from life in prison or worse. But I guess we shall see, hopefully. MOO

I agree. The story so far sounds like a bad spy movie IMO.

Do you think DC could be suffering with a mental illness that causes her to falsely believe she and Madalina are being pursued by “external threats?” And if so then is it possible she harmed Madalina in order to protect her from the threat? IOW thinking she’d be better off dead than in the hands of some criminal cartel?

If she was so afraid why then didn’t she ask her family to come get them or at least Madalina? DC had all the necessary papers to fly to Moldova.

Or is she making up stories to cover her own crime?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back