CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

It’s strangely elaborate. It’s hard to think of another targeted killing that had so many “long con” elements and such a protracted set up.
It's the little elaborate attention to weird details that makes me think a woman was involved in the planning somehow, possibly participated.

I understand why Jeff does what he does, he's doing all he can to get anyone to talk or crack because someone does know something!

The Capital Daily article referenced in the John Lordan video:

Unfortunately, I don't see any earth shattering info in the article either. It basically casts her father Jeff in a poor light.
Thanks for the article! Interesting... Capital Daily (from what I know locally) is not 'main stream media', they are kinda 'indie' so I'm oddly surprised this story casts SZ in a decent light. I don't know why I'm surprised, just am.

The article makes is sound like stuff went down right after Calgary and a Calgary connection. I guess that's possible even though not my theory, I have to be open to it.

I haven't thought about the details of this crime for a long time but it crossed my mind tonight and I thought of some weird details that may or may not say a lot - things that bug me:

The Burner Phone:
1. Was either only bought in Vancouver when someone was on a day trip there from the island/Victoria
2. Killers came from Vancouver
3. Killers came from elsewhere but passed through Vancouver to get the ferry
If killer was local, seems strange to go all the way to go to Vancouver to buy a burner phone but then again Victoria is a small city so more easily traceable.

The Dress:
1. LE would only release a version of what they think the dress looked like - this says they do no have the actual dress and killer didn't leave behind for fear of DNA tracing to dress possibly or they participated in the killing wearing the dress and took it with them because of blood too
2. The killers would likely change out of the dress regardless after the murder as it's a bold identifier. They didn't walk to meet Lindsay wearing backpacks with a change of clothes so the stash/new clothes would have to be in the yard area (risky to change outside) or already planted inside the house before the crime (unlikely too as access would be traced by the realtor lock box I'd think?). I think theories are they changed in housekeeping/mud room area so possible to stash a clothes bag in the yard by the mud room exit.

Access to the House:
1. Some theories are killers were waiting inside already and the couple was just bait/a lure. I would think the lock box access times would be recorded (or maybe lock boxes aren't recorded?) so not easy to go in and wait? But this is something an average joe wouldn't know (like me), someone had to be savvy with how real estate ins and outs work. It's too brazen for a person to take a chance Linsday was the ONLY one showing that house that day. How did they know no other realtor would show up? They know real estate or whoever planned it did.

Misc Information:
1. I can't remember if LE released if there were 2 killers involved in the actual crime (both participating in stabbing or one on the lookout). They do know this but if not released, keeping those details private for a trial if there ever was to be one as details only killers would know.
2. I do believe Jeff knows a lot as I've read the blog. There's another part of me that thinks it could be two women who did this even. A women dressed as the man at the meeting. But maybe not. I feel this crime has a woman's touch as sorry but I don't think a man would think about using the dress as a red herring and a woman may disarm Lindsay to meet as there's a sense of trust or safe feeling.

It’s strangely elaborate. It’s hard to think of another targeted killing that had so many “long con” elements and such a protracted set up.
Exactly. They went to long, protracted methods to get her killed. They weren't willing to overlook it or forget about it.

They must've really wanted her dead, and wanted to make sure the killing was kept "in house" and not contracted out.

This is just my rambling thoughts after years of reading anything and everything to do with this case. AJMO.

I can't get past Shirley, Jason's mother, and these are the reasons why...

- The whole set-up and the connections in real estate.
- The only person to say Lindsay was scared of her ex was Shirley, why? Seems to me to be setting up a potential suspect to shift suspicion on herself or someone close to her.
- Shirley calls one of Lindsay's friends after the murder putting on a strange accent, similar to "client" who spoke to Lindsay on the phone before the showing. Again WHY would Shirley do that?
- The missing fence piece, the killer(s) must have known this to plan their escape out? How did they know?

My opinion is that the couple who met Lindsay outside is more of a smokescreen and not the actual killers. I believe the killer was already in the house. There was enough time from when the owner and workmen left, to when Lindsay arrived to greet the potential "clients" outside. The killer could have even had time to set up something to avoid a mess or put on something to protect their clothing. They could have brought a gym-style bag (just theorising here) with a clean set of clothes to get changed into afterwards. I think that Lindsay was showing the "clients" around and once entered the area where she was attacked was greeted by the actual killer and was ambushed. The attack itself was so heated as if the person knew Lindsay personally and had a massive issue with her.

Might sound far-fetched but really the whole thing is anyways and to me this is the only thing that makes sense.

This is just my rambling thoughts after years of reading anything and everything to do with this case. AJMO.

I can't get past Shirley, Jason's mother, and these are the reasons why...

- The whole set-up and the connections in real estate.
- The only person to say Lindsay was scared of her ex was Shirley, why? Seems to me to be setting up a potential suspect to shift suspicion on herself or someone close to her.
- Shirley calls one of Lindsay's friends after the murder putting on a strange accent, similar to "client" who spoke to Lindsay on the phone before the showing. Again WHY would Shirley do that?
- The missing fence piece, the killer(s) must have known this to plan their escape out? How did they know?

My opinion is that the couple who met Lindsay outside is more of a smokescreen and not the actual killers. I believe the killer was already in the house. There was enough time from when the owner and workmen left, to when Lindsay arrived to greet the potential "clients" outside. The killer could have even had time to set up something to avoid a mess or put on something to protect their clothing. They could have brought a gym-style bag (just theorising here) with a clean set of clothes to get changed into afterwards. I think that Lindsay was showing the "clients" around and once entered the area where she was attacked was greeted by the actual killer and was ambushed. The attack itself was so heated as if the person knew Lindsay personally and had a massive issue with her.

Might sound far-fetched but really the whole thing is anyways and to me this is the only thing that makes sense.
but why would Shirley want to get rid of Lindsey? what was the ultimate motive?

but why would Shirley want to get rid of Lindsey? what was the ultimate motive?
I don't think we need a clear motive to suspect her. In my opinion, she had the opportunity, she has a personal relationship with Lindsay and there are too many connections to Shirley to ignore just because there isn't a known motive.

It's been said a few times that it may have been Lindsay witnessing something or finding out some sort of information that Shirley didn't want to be known. We have that connection, a workplace/carer relationship PLUS the personal side as Lindsay was dating her son Jason. Those two different dynamics could lead to many different motives.

Again just my reasons for why I think Shirley is involved...
- The real estate connection.
- The missing fence panel (this just really bothers me).
- Shirley is the ONLY person who says that Lindsay told her she was scared of her ex-boyfriend.
- The accent situation, just bizarre and a connection to the case in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back