MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting myself in the fiancee's shoes.

If I had not heard from my future husband a day and a half after I expected to, had called and texted him and people who might know where he was and received no response, then went over to the house where I thought he had been headed the last time I saw him, saw his car there, knocked on the door and received no answer...

I think my first course of action would be to try to get into that house ASAP. I would have been frantic and not thinking clearly enough to realize that I might be putting myself in danger and it would be wiser to call the police.

We never really know how we'll act in a situation until we're in it, right?

The problem I'm having is IMO we have very little in the way of facts. Different news outlets are reporting different things. The sequence of events I imagine myself in above might not be in the correct order; some of them might not have happened at all.

I think this lack of facts is one of the reasons this case is so maddening.
I agree. I’d react desperately and without thinking clearly, I’m betting. I might call the cops at the same time. But maybe I wouldn’t until later.

But IMO the fact that she didn’t seem afraid of getting shot or of committing a crime shows she was really worried. Not calculating because she thought something illegal was going on.

What would that have to do with her anyhow? If she thought they did illegal drugs and overdosed, why would she care if they could get in trouble with the cops? (BTW, I haven’t heard of a case where someone overdosing is charged). At that moment, having not heard from them, she would have been panicked, I think. I believe her main objective would be to make sure her fiancé was okay. Not to think about the remote possibility of legal penalties anyone might face.

I will say, if it was me and someone i was close to, i would have called the police very early Monday morning (probably before dawn). If it was close by, i might drive over there first, but if no one answered... I don't think i would break in, but I might wait until whomever failed to get to work to call the police.

I don't know anything about these guys, but the main reason people sometimes hesitate to call the police is outstanding warrants because that will be an automatic arrest (i think , i could be mistaken) even if the person isn't doing anything wrong. I have no idea if that is even a factor in this case.

Eta: i posed the question to someone else and he said he would call the cops and he wouldn't wait until Tuesday. He said being arrested is better than being dead.

Very interesting. I actually do the same, I have a fan on and then headphones on with more white noise. I almost always have my phone on silent. I tend to "cocoon" to recharge, especially after social interaction. But I still would see frantic text messages and calls because I glance at my phone to check the time, etc. Even if I don't unlock my phone, I can see all the notification icons. Also, my phone vibrates a bit when I touch it after a missed call. Yes, it depends on his phone settings, but I'm gonna be real surprised if a 30-something didn't glance at his phone for 3 days, especially if he has even left the house per his lawyer. All those alerts plus seeing the cars would definitely make me go "hmmm."
Agree with every word on all points. I too, do the same. To recharge, and block out all extraneous noise and activity. And I too would notice something at some point over the course of the days to follow, where soemthing would make me go Hmmmmmm?!?!??

Bbm.
So, there was coming and going from this house after the three men were deceased ?

Good point !^^^
Except, not everyone would have partaken in the game if so ?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
That's what JW's attorney said in interview with Dan Ambram on NewsNation. Now that talking point has changed...as have so many others discussed by JW's attorney.

I agree. I’d react desperately and without thinking clearly, I’m betting. I might call the cops at the same time. But maybe I wouldn’t until later.

But IMO the fact that she didn’t seem afraid of getting shot or of committing a crime shows she was really worried. Not calculating because she thought something illegal was going on.

What would that have to do with her anyhow? If she thought they did illegal drugs and overdosed, why would she care if they could get in trouble with the cops? (BTW, I haven’t heard of a case where someone overdosing is charged). At that moment, having not heard from them, she would have been panicked, I think. I believe her main objective would be to make sure her fiancé was okay. Not to think about the remote possibility of legal penalties anyone might face.
She could be arrested for breaking and entering, but that would require JW to call the police and press charges. I really believe she didn't think he would do either one of those things.

That's what JW's attorney said in interview with Dan Ambram on NewsNation. Now that talking point has changed...as have so many others discussed by JW's attorney.

I think it will be confirmed one way or another if JW ever left the house, so there is no need to worry about the lawyer. Also, it will be discovered if he had visitors he did open the door for and i mean even people like food delivery.

Idk if the general public will know if it really doesn't contribute to figuring out what happened here, but the police will find out for certain.

It's also going to be important to know what they were, or were not (if that was the case) wearing. If some of their clothing was removed and laying outside, it could indicate paradoxical disrobing/undressing which often accompanies hypothermia.
At least one of the men left their coat in the house. Wouldn't the renter have noticed it at least?

I will say, if it was me and someone i was close to, i would have called the police very early Monday morning (probably before dawn). If it was close by, i might drive over there first, but if no one answered... I don't think i would break in, but I might wait until whomever failed to get to work to call the police.

I don't know anything about these guys, but the main reason people sometimes hesitate to call the police is outstanding warrants because that will be an automatic arrest (i think , i could be mistaken) even if the person isn't doing anything wrong. I have no idea if that is even a factor in this case.

Eta: i posed the question to someone else and he said he would call the cops and he wouldn't wait until Tuesday. He said being arrested is better than being dead.
I don't get the impression that the 3 had any outstanding warrants. All approaching 40. One worked at his family's construction business and had 3 children. Another worked in construction, had a young daughter, and was engaged. Seem highly responsible. JMOO

If their tox reports end up negative I’ll be absolutely shocked. I’m just not seeing this as malicious at all tbh but have seen crazier things. Just don’t see any motive or what would the point be and that’s what’s losing me…
I'm not saying it's foul play or it's not. But what's the point of most foul play we read about online? It's always senseless. MOO

After seeing photos of the back of the house in today's DM article, I'm still thinking it had to be fentanyl overdoses or something similar that hit them all suddenly. Alcohol hits people at different rates. The back of the house has many windows, some of which are only a few feet off the ground. A flagstone path goes right by the windows. One could easily pick up a flagstone and use it to break a window if they had been locked out.

The suggestion that the bodies could have been moved is an interesting one. I hadn't considered that.

As for the financee requesting a wellness check, I'm not sure if anything would have come of it if the homeowner was home. If the homeowner had come to the door and said his 3 friends weren't there and had left Sunday night, I don't think the police could have done anything else without a warrant. On the other hand, if the homeowner was home, the police may have walked around the house and would have discovered the bodies.

Agree with every word on all points. I too, do the same. To recharge, and block out all extraneous noise and activity. And I too would notice something at some point over the course of the days to follow, where soemthing would make me go Hmmmmmm?!?!??
And don't forget about one of the men's coat being left inside the house. He just didn't notice that either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike