MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no evidence of drug use at this time. Just because nobody denied it doesn't mean it's more likely they were doing drugs. Nobody's parents or attorneys are denying a lightning bolt hit them all. It's just as likely, and there is just as much evidence, that they were all struck by the same lightning strike. JMO
The police are adamant that this is NOT a homicide investigation. They have the preliminary lab report in hand and it points to what the cause of death most certainly is. Absolutely no evidence of lightening in the weather much less one bolt hitting three young men. SMH.

There's no evidence of drug use at this time. Just because nobody denied it doesn't mean it's more likely they were doing drugs. Nobody's parents or attorneys are denying a lightning bolt hit them all. It's just as likely, and there is just as much evidence, that they were all struck by the same lightning strike. JMO
Agreed regarding there's no evidence of anything so far.
All that we're certain of is that three men who weren't elderly -- died suddenly it would seem.

A caveat, though -- it's so odd (& sad !!) for all three to perish at the same time, that it seems like a shared event between them.
If they were found inside, I'd suspect carbon monoxide... but the host is alive, and the three were outdoors.
Anything is possible as we don't know the tox test results or the main part of the autopsy yet.
Omo.

Proper etiquette. Not only should you walk them to the door the host should open the door.
I have had some great friends who all could come and go as they please. Most of the time we would say our goodbyes in the living room or kitchen, and they would leave. Same for me if I was at someone else's home. I would just leave. I am literally trying to think of one time a friend walked me to the door.

I have had some great friends who all could come and go as they please. Most of the time we would say our goodbyes in the living room or kitchen, and they would leave. Same for me if I was at someone else's home. I would just leave. I am literally trying to think of one time a friend walked me to the door.
Usually walking to the door is for more formal relationships, but one never knows.

The police are adamant that this is NOT a homicide investigation. They have the preliminary lab report in hand and it points to what the cause of death most certainly is. Absolutely no evidence of lightening in the weather much less one bolt hitting three young men. SMH.
Exactly- LE already knows if opiates were involved, they already know how much alcohol was in their systems. They know where and in what positions the bodies were found and a whole lot more at the scene we haven't seen...

And LE is not worried at all.

To play devil’s advocate, I almost always walk close friends to the door and sometimes even out to my driveway to their cars when they leave. That’s just what I was raised doing with guests and it’s continued into my adult life, even with people I’ve known for 10+ years. I give them a hug at the door/car, final goodbyes, and watch them leave to make sure there’s no issues or they forgot anything in the house. So, I think it’s very different for each individual.

To play devil’s advocate, I almost always walk close friends to the door and sometimes even out to my driveway to their cars when they leave. That’s just what I was raised doing with guests and it’s continued into my adult life, even with people I’ve known for 10+ years. I give them a hug at the door/car, final goodbyes, and watch them leave to make sure there’s no issues or they forgot anything in the house. So, I think it’s very different for each individual.
Exactly. It is in how one is raised and if "proper" manners are taught. Just like not chewing food with an open mouth, elbows on the table while eating, covering yourself while sneezing, etc. Etiquette is taught to some and is important whereas not so much in others.

IMO MOO - long time lurker, first time poster.

From my experience as a former addict who overdosed and was brought back - I unfortunately believe fentanyl was involved. Whether or not they were aware of taking the drug is a different discussion.

When I OD’D, it quite literally took 30 seconds to a minute. I took it, realized it was too much - and woke up to paramedics rubbing my sternum. It’s quick and deadly. Especially if they weren’t expecting it/dont have tolerance. Again, just my opinion based on personal experience + working in OD with my local health department as a sober person.

I feel for the families, but the dad of one of the deceased is making comments that could absolutely result in legal action against him. A horrible situation, to be sure.

Everything is MOO!

Thank God you survived.

I‘m frightened with these cases because I have a close relative who is a heroin addict, and I’m someone who’s literally never even seen drugs except for people on the street smoking a joint.

The circumstances here, as we all apparently agree, are just bizarre.

Simultaneous death of three adults is not normal. I would also think drugs or carbon monoxide poisoning, except that the one INSIDE would, I suppose, be MORE in danger of death from carbon monoxide than the three who were out in the fresh air. Yet the reverse happened.

Or maybe JW also was a victim of carbon monoxide and that’s why he was “asleep” for days and did not respond to calls and messages, but somehow did not succumb to death.

IF JW were somehow involved, his being intelligent is not a barrier to drug use. There are brilliant people who OD on drugs—-we’ve all read about various cases.

IMO it is difficult to contemplate someone attempting to kill his dear friends, friends for whom he purchased future Chiefs tickets. Yet we all know stories of family annihilators, for example, who seem to be devoted to their families until they wipe them out.

Personally I have no clue, just conjecture, and like everyone else here I eagerly await the tox and autopsy reports.

Sincerely, thank you for posting your experience.

Pure speculation-- do you think one could have survived being inside?
IMO, these are lifetime buddies meeting other buddies over the course of a night and at the end some previously unopened substance offs three.

I'm also thinking the tenant really was experiencing lingering effects of the night over the next couple days.
If LE silence about drugs is because they are honoring HEPA laws until reports are back, I'm really impressed. Especially if there was risk that could be notified to the community although I'm sure everyone is at attention now.

More and more LE just stays silent.

Respectfully, I don't see that from the article. The relative says only that he was "sitting there." No chair is mentioned. In that region of the country, "sitting there" often just means that the person was there, not necessarily literally sitting.
If 'sitting there' is a colloquial term for standing, sitting, laying down, etc. it's one that I've never heard. Now, I don't know if 'sitting' meant in a chair, on a log, on a bench or on the ground leaning up against the home.
There was. There is a picture of five guys. The two guys with their faces blurred were there. One is JW, we don't know the other person's name. I imagine it could be found out somehow, but it could not be posted here. So i have not looked and am just calling him guy #5.

Neither of those two individuals in the picture are JW. I can't comment on whether either of those men are person #5. The images are blurred out because it's reckless to connect people to a tragedy without facts to back up the claim. Most newspapers and websites blur images of people not connected to any case when warranted but DM doesn't seem to have that level of commitment to factual reporting.

Regarding if they returned to the house after the host bid them goodnight :

Willis' attorney claims he said goodbye to his friends - two of whom he'd known since high school - then 'crashed' on the couch.
A short time later,
he says he went upstairs to bed, leaving the doors unlocked. The three men, he says, then returned to the property and at some stage, went outside.

Red and green emphasis mine.
"He" as in the lawyer or the renter ?
Is the atty. revealing what he was told, or was he speculating here ?
Just wondering.

IF the host went upstairs to bed, how did he know if they returned to the house ?
That seems a bit unlikely as most people who are bid goodbye usually don't come back inside to continue socializing; imo.

Also, does anyone know .. the photos of the back yard at this link show a barren area, and look to have been taken in the fall by an, 'apartments.com' ? (watermark logo is on the photo)
Were these pics taken when the place was put up for rent ?

So, does the backyard now have chairs, a grill/firepit/basketball hoop, etc. ?
Were the two men in the yard found down at one end and not as visible ?
And was the one the poor lady discovered -- inside the glassed in area leading to the back, or outside on the paving stones ?
Omo.

kcc 1.jpeg

kcc 2.jpeg

Last edited:
I use FB Messenger to message my husband and family members. Sometimes I'll see messages come through but I don't READ them because I am busy and plan on going back and reading them later. I don't think it is fair to vilify somebody and accuse them of reading messages when in fact they haven't. Were the deceased's family members that were messaging friends of his where he would know who they are? If I get messages from strangers on Messenger they often go into the abyss.
I wasn't blaming JW or the families. :confused:

There are reasons they could both be telling the truth, depending on FB settings, etc.

Exactly. It is in how one is raised and if "proper" manners are taught. Just like not chewing food with an open mouth, elbows on the table while eating, covering yourself while sneezing, etc. Etiquette is taught to some and is important whereas not so much in others.

With this formal proper etiquette is it normal to go back into your friend's home after they went to sleep, and graciously walked you to the door to say goodbye?

I sorry but I do not see anywhere in this article where it said anyone was "sitting up in a chair"
Can you please post the news phrase for me??
I am trying to keep notes and could not find it.
TIA

My mistake for adding information where none was provided. I should have just said 'sitting'. Whether that was on the ground, in a chair, on a log is unknown. Another poster said 'sitting' can be a catch-all phrase in that part of the country to mean anything.

My mistake for adding information where none was provided. I should have just said 'sitting'. Whether that was on the ground, in a chair, on a log is unknown. Another poster said 'sitting' can be a catch-all phrase in that part of the country to mean anything.
No worries. ;) I had assumed the same.

Every single time. It would seem to be rude not to walk them to the door.
So do we. I take what the attorney says with a grain of salt because he wasn't there. His information has come from his client who may not have total recall because he was intoxicated at the time.

What his client told police is all that matters to me at this point and we aren't privy to it.

JMO

So do we. I take what the attorney says with a grain of salt because he wasn't there. His information has come from his client who may not have total recall because he was intoxicated at the time.

What his client told police is all that matters to me at this point and we aren't privy to it.

JMO
What would you think of your friends returning to the inside of your home after you went to bed?

It is probably just an individual thing. I even go to the door with my Grandson and give him a hug before he leaves. Probably not something to read into one way or other. JMO.

IMO i think the tenant's place was the bachelor pad and this is a group of lifelong friends.
Were the doors locked?
Who are the keyholders to the home?
I'm guessing the doors were unlocked and this group felt absolutely comfortable coming in and out of the home and leaving their stuff everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther