FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

I believe it is the work farm which makes it strange he would be listed there.
I think I've concluded the "work camp" is closed (per the Wakulla Prison page), and the Annex is just another part of the non-Annex. Maybe it's just the incoming prisoners who are not max? Maybe it has some special programming? Perhaps they had to separate CA from the gangstas?

And I so can't see Charlie on a work farm.

Last edited:
I believe it is the work farm which makes it strange he would be listed there.
I love the idea of a self absorbed, spoiled brat spreading manure and hoeing vegetables, cleaning bathrooms, making license plates, picking up trash on the side of the highway, washing dishes in the mess hall, and whatever else the State of Florida can eek out of him. LOL. MOO.

I've read that Charlie will be in Protective Management, which is dorms. Apparently he will be able to spend three hours per day in the library, but will find being confined to the dorm for so many hours a day difficult. (Source is a person on Reddit, who says they work there)

I've read that Charlie will be in Protective Management, which is dorms. Apparently he will be able to spend three hours per day in the library, but will find being confined to the dorm for so many hours a day difficult. (Source is a person on Reddit, who says they work there)
I read 3 hours a week, not a day. 3 hours a day is a lot.

Last edited:
When I first heard that recording I was astounded, dumbfounded , nauseated, etc when Wendi said that it was a professional or a hitman. When I listened to it, it was well before anyone was arrested and they had nothing in the news about who was thought to have done it. They were speculating about lots of possibilities, including a disgruntled student. How did Wendi know that it was a hitman. I don’t live in Tallahassee, but would have a hard not convicting her if I was on the jury and that was played along with the timing when that class took place! Wonder if Georgia and her team have interviewed anyone in that class?
BBM ABOVE Hi BearWatcher...you bring up an excellent point! WA just has an uncanny knack of stating things, huh? As JL stated in his interview, "She often blurts out things...not in her best interest." Out of all the possibilities: jealous current boyfriend, jealous ex-husband of current girlfriend, angry student, angry client, burglar/robber deranged killer with a grudge, my brother-the-joker, one of her friends who thought
they were helping her etc, throw face into palms etc, cry, etc, hyperventilate, etc "Who would do this?!"
Realizing this went on for almost six+ hours.... it is amazing one year later she decides, apparently all on her own, it must have been the actions of a professional hitman! Clairvoyance, cognizance or another one of those cosmic coincidences??

CA has been moved to the Annex of the Wakulla Correctional Institution, outside Crawfordville, FL, just south of Tallahassee and almost a Tallahassee suburb these days. If he gets access to a radio, he can probably continue listening to Tallahassee talk radio like he did in the Leon County jail.

I'm wondering if they are keeping him close to Tallahassee for future Adelson trial(s).

Snipped by me ^^
per my notes he has a Motions/Restitution hearing on 2/2/24 @ 9am

BBM ABOVE Hi BearWatcher...you bring up an excellent point! WA just has an uncanny knack of stating things, huh? As JL stated in his interview, "She often blurts out things...not in her best interest." Out of all the possibilities: jealous current boyfriend, jealous ex-husband of current girlfriend, angry student, angry client, burglar/robber deranged killer with a grudge, my brother-the-joker, one of her friends who thought
they were helping her etc, throw face into palms etc, cry, etc, hyperventilate, etc "Who would do this?!"
Realizing this went on for almost six+ hours.... it is amazing one year later she decides, apparently all on her own, it must have been the actions of a professional hitman! Clairvoyance, cognizance or another one of those cosmic coincidences??
It was 6 months later on her 1/2015 podcast. But yes, she isnt supposed to know anything about the case. Oh maybe she didn’t have her attorney yet to tell her ”Don’t watch, don’t listen, don’t read”

It was 6 months later on her 1/2015 podcast. But yes, she isnt supposed to know anything about the case. Oh maybe she didn’t have her attorney yet to tell her ”Don’t watch, don’t listen, don’t read”
Arguably, in my opinion, “at the hands of a professional killer” just sounds more dramatic, and that could be why the phrase was chosen, much like “my brain-cancer surviving father.“

From the beginning, law enforcement said it appeared Dan was targeted, and that it wasn‘t a robbery. Murder for hire doesn’t seem, to me, like a completely unreasonable conclusion to draw given those facts even if you didn’t know what happened, though another possibility could be that the shooter was someone he knew or someone with a grudge.

”Professional killer” strikes me as somewhat of an exaggeration given what we now know took place.

Last edited:
Arguably, in my opinion, “at the hands of a professional killer” just sounds more dramatic, and that could be why the phrase was chosen, much like “my brain-cancer surviving father.“

From the beginning, law enforcement said it appeared Dan was targeted, and that it wasn‘t a robbery. Murder for hire doesn’t seem, to me, like a completely unreasonable conclusion to draw given those facts even if you didn’t know what happened, though another possibility could be that the shooter was someone he knew or someone with a grudge.

”Professional killer” strikes me as somewhat of an exaggeration given what we now know took place.
She could have been told they were professionals by Charlie.
They were professionals. They robbed drug dealers.
they didn’t admit they killed, but they carried guns and threatened,

At this time, IMHO the State labeled unindicted co-conspirator is living life in skimpy red pinafore, fully aware of what tomorrow will inevitably bring as obnoxious payback.
Snipped & BBM

yes-too-funny.gif

CA has been moved to the Annex of the Wakulla Correctional Institution, outside Crawfordville, FL, just south of Tallahassee and almost a Tallahassee suburb these days. If he gets access to a radio, he can probably continue listening to Tallahassee talk radio like he did in the Leon County jail.

I'm wondering if they are keeping him close to Tallahassee for future Adelson trial(s).

If the "Wakulla" name rings a bell, it may be from world-famous Wakulla Springs just about 10 miles from Charlie, where a number of films have been made, incuding Tarzan movies in the 40's and "Creature From the Black Lagoon".

View attachment 477953
His arrogant smile is gone...he's like everybody else there...a loser

An important question is “what will be Daniel Rashbaum, Esq.’s strategic defense for Donna Adelson?”

1. Repeating the extravagant story of Charles Adelson about “Donna is also a victim of a) self-hiring hit men and b) a double blackmailing events by Magbanua and the Latin Kings” would probably fail again,
2. Coming up with a brand new story of her own will contradict and will hurt Charles Adelson’s appeal process, which is tenuous at best if not chimerical in fact,
3. Arguing that she was blindly following Charles Adelson’s lead, not knowing the underlying details of the Dan Markel’s murder, equates to pleading guilty at least to a certain degree.

The most sensible of the 3 choices above is “to pleading guilty at least to a certain degree”, IMHO. This would also hurt Charles Adelson’s appeal prospect. At least, it cares for Donna Adelson's natural self preservation.

If (big IF) the State Attorneys were to agree for a plea agreement, say for a 2nd degree felony murder for Donna Adelson, it carries up to 15Y (Florida Statutes Title XLVI. § 782.04, et seq.). This would keep Donna Adelson in prison until the age of 88 unless she is paroled earlier. Would Donna sacrifice herself and forego such potential outcome?

The alternative if Donna Adelson were convicted on all 3 counts would be LWOP + 30Y + 30Y. Why would she get lesser penalty than convicted coconspirator Charles Adelson (see NBC illustration) if she were in all likelihood to be convicted of the same 3 counts?

Attachments

• NBC news illustration.PNG
    NBC news illustration.PNG
    754.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
An important question is “what will be Daniel Rashbaum, Esq.’s strategic defense for Donna Adelson?”

1. Repeating the extravagant story of Charles Adelson about “Donna is also a victim of a) self-hiring hit men and b) a double blackmailing events by Magbanua and the Latin Kings” would probably fail again,
2. Coming up with a brand new story of her own will contradict and will hurt Charles Adelson’s appeal process, which is tenuous at best if not chimerical in fact,
3. Arguing that she was blindly following Charles Adelson’s lead, not knowing the underlying details of the Dan Markel’s murder, equates to pleading guilty at least to a certain degree.

The most sensible of the 3 choices above is “to pleading guilty at least to a certain degree”, IMHO. This would also hurt Charles Adelson’s appeal prospect. At least, it cares for Donna Adelson's natural self preservation.

If (big IF) the State Attorneys were to agree for a plea agreement, say for a 2nd degree felony murder for Donna Adelson, it carries up to 15Y (Florida Statutes Title XLVI. § 782.04, et seq.). This would keep Donna Adelson in prison until the age of 88 unless she is paroled earlier. Would Donna sacrifice herself and forego such potential outcome?

The alternative if Donna Adelson were convicted on all 3 counts would be LWOP + 30Y + 30Y. Why would she get lesser penalty than convicted coconspirator Charles Adelson (see NBC illustration) if she were in all likelihood to be convicted of the same 3 counts?
DR has already previewed that her defense will be that she subjectively believed CA was being extorted by the killers (regardless of whether the jury believes that the extortion actually occurred).

DR has already previewed that her defense will be that she subjectively believed CA was being extorted by the killers (regardless of whether the jury believes that the extortion actually occurred).
In my opinion not a good strategy....regardless there's so many recordings of her out there....she will end up exactly where she belongs...in Jail!!!

In my opinion not a good strategy....regardless there's so many recordings of her out there....she will end up exactly where she belongs...in Jail!!!
Didn’t anyone notice that he said on STS that Donna is “smart but not analytical?” In my opinion that is a really strange and random thing to say. What does that even mean? It jumped right out at me, and got me thinking.

In my opinion he may be thinking that a jury would not find it credible that Donna could have bought such a preposterous “double extortion” story (indeed, Charlie’s jury didn’t seem to buy it).

In my opinion he may be laying the groundwork to argue that Donna really didn’t analyze the extortion story or look for holes in it, she just took what he said at face value because she’s “not analytical.”

Last edited:
Didn’t anyone notice that he said on STS that Donna is “smart but not analytical?” In my opinion that is a really strange and random thing to say. It jumped right out at me, and got me thinking.

In my opinion he may be thinking that a jury would not find it credible that Donna could have bought such a preposterous “double extortion” story (indeed, Charlie’s jury didn’t seem to buy it).

In my opinion he may be laying the groundwork to argue that Donna really didn’t analyze the extortion story or look for holes in it, she just took what he said at face value because she’s “not analytical.”
Donna was deeply involved in Wendi's life while the divorce was happening....Nobody can refute that....all the calls with Charlie are a fact...Donna is an arrogant old woman that think she can manipulate everybody around her....just her attitude when she was arrested....wow....she's entitled to say the least

Didn’t anyone notice that he said on STS that Donna is “smart but not analytical?” In my opinion that is a really strange and random thing to say. What does that even mean? It jumped right out at me, and got me thinking.

It was a strange juxtaposition for DR to say DA is smart and immediately qualify it with -- BUT she is not analytical. Apparently that was an important distinction for him to make. I think your observation is astute as to the likelihood that we will be hearing more about DA's lack of analytical skills and that DR will probably argue to the jury that is why DA believed her son's cockamamie story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back