FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

It should be easy for the state to ascertain where, and when, the boys were enrolled in school for the fall of 2014, Miami or Coral Springs.

And also it should be easy to ascertain whether Charlie had a place in Continuum in May, 2014, when Harvey signed that lease on a place in the Continuum.

Last edited:
Per one of Dan’s divorce pleadings that I’ve read, IIRC, the issue was that the boys’ current school had recommended that the older boy stay there one more year and not start kindergarten that fall, owing to his late birthday and the divorce transition. Per that pleading, Wendi was refusing to talk about what they should do, and they were approaching a deadline for applications to another school, and Dan was concerned that they would end up not having any choice but to leave the kid where he was. Meanwhile, at some point it appears that Wendi had, in fact, entered a lottery for placement of the older boy in a charter school for kindergarten starting that fall. Per Epstein’s book, Dan only found this out when that school called him, sometime earlier in the week of the murder, and he was understandably upset that she had done this without telling him. Per her police interview, Wendi had laryngitis earlier that week and had been unable to talk to Dan about this. Per her police interview and evidence presented at Charlie’s trial, Dan had left a message on the morning of the murder suggesting they talk that day if her voice felt better, but by the time Wendi called him back, he did not answer, because he was already dead.
Thank you for the background on the school situation. I’ve only joined this thread a few weeks ago so haven’t absorbed all the details.

One addition after hearing the WA interview several times >>>
As you mention, early in the week Dan was murdered, WA told him she had laryngitis and couldn’t talk to him about the school situation, as she also told the detective the same in her interview on July 18.

But . . . later in that interview she reveals to VA Sarah that earlier in the week she had discussed extensively with her friend Jenine (Jane?) everything going on with Dan while they took a walk.

Sounds like the laryngitis was a ruse. MOO.

Speaking of the podcast…

I don’t understand how, hypothetically, the death of an EX spouse would prevent someone from taking a planned trip with their father.

I don’t understand why, hypothetically, the death of an EX spouse could require someone to move in with their parents until they could get back on their feet, when the person had been functioning on their own as a single parent living independently in their own home since the divorce.

I don’t understand how the death of an ex-spouse could be more destabilizing for the former spouse than the divorce itself was.

I find it interesting that the people participating in the writing workshop do not appear to ask these questions
Unless guilt, anxiety, fear of getting connected to the crime, needed to prop up conspirators, etc., was destabilizing. :rolleyes: MOO, TIC.

For most people entering adulthood, the sibling relation between older brother and younger sister is rather distant as compared to the sibling relation between two brothers, two sisters, or older sister and younger brother.

Similar case of educated older brother Charles Adelson, DMD, getting LWOP + 30Y + 30Y for murdering his ex-brother-in-law to solve the children custody and relocation dispute of his divorced younger sister Wendi Adeslon, Esq. is rather rare, in fact unheard of.

Thereafter Charles Adelson’s arrest, mother Donna Adelson laments Wendi 1) never called her brother in jail, 2) never called her parents to ask about her brother, 3) refers her parents to her expensive “super” defense lawyer for communication, and 4) became estranged from imprisoned Charles and jailed Donna.

I predict, IMHO similar co-conspirator Magbanua, Charles Adelson will turn State witness as soon as he realizes that his appeal process is just a chimerical money pits.

At this time, IMHO the State labeled unindicted co-conspirator is living life in skimpy red pinafore, fully aware of what tomorrow will inevitably bring as obnoxious payback.

CA has been moved to the Annex of the Wakulla Correctional Institution, outside Crawfordville, FL, just south of Tallahassee and almost a Tallahassee suburb these days. If he gets access to a radio, he can probably continue listening to Tallahassee talk radio like he did in the Leon County jail.

I'm wondering if they are keeping him close to Tallahassee for future Adelson trial(s).

If the "Wakulla" name rings a bell, it may be from world-famous Wakulla Springs just about 10 miles from Charlie, where a number of films have been made, incuding Tarzan movies in the 40's and "Creature From the Black Lagoon".

Screenshot from 2024-01-26 11-16-23.png
<screenshot from vinelink.com>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working on some "Creature from the Black Lagoon" reference to CA and his new location, but it just won't take shape. Creature from the black womb, something something black heirloom, and so on... not happening. Also, it feels racist to use the term black in a derogatory way.

These days, I think about RA and his role in the family structure, often. He is in a horrible position. Of course, it is far better than DM's position, arguably the worst position, closely followed by the rest of the Markel family.

RA is biologically of the same stuff as this band of psychopaths, and is also estranged from them due to their sheer ugliness as humans. He must know that he is not responsible for their behavior, but it can't feel good to come to the realization that you are related to not 1 but 4 people capable of murder for absurdly selfish reasons. I think the state is under the impression that RA does not have any meaningful evidence to share, but I want to know what he saw that made him cut ties. You don't cut off your whole family because of a "vibe." He cut off all 4, yes? That tells me who he thinks is guilty.

I hope he has been transparent with police. If he did develop a moral compass apart from the rest of the family, it seems consistent for him to provide police with anything resembling evidence. I don't think he gets to feel like a good person if he is harboring ANY information that may be relevant. Time to do he right thing, if you have not already, RA. I guess I would understand if he didn't come forward because he is terrified they will murder him. That seems quite rational at this point.

Just one more thing- The dignity, compassion, and classiness of RM! She is a beautiful human who has been charitable to people who did the cruelest thing to her that people can do... out of pure love for her grandchildren. I really hope those boys find their way to her.

CA has been moved to the Annex of the Wakulla Correctional Institution, outside Crawfordville, FL, just south of Tallahassee and almost a Tallahassee suburb these days. If he gets access to a radio, he can probably continue listening to Tallahassee talk radio like he did in the Leon County jail.

I'm wondering if they are keeping him close to Tallahassee for future Adelson trial(s).

If the "Wakulla" name rings a bell, it may be from world-famous Wakulla Springs just about 10 miles from Charlie, where a number of films have been made, incuding Tarzan movies in the 40's and "Creature From the Black Lagoon".

View attachment 477953

Home sweet home ... wonder if Wakulla is a temporary spot so Rash can easily get to CA/DA all in one visit ?

Rashbaum is no longer Charlie's counsel.
But he could still visit him or "potentially" talk about future representation or questioning what he told DA, in preparation for her trial, right? I know very little about "legal privledge/access to inmates" but it seems (at least to me) any excuse can be made and all conversation be considered confidential. Couldn't CA make a complaint for anything and ask for an atty to visit him?
Afterall, the theme of CA's defense was "extortion after the fact" and (I) can pretty much guess DA's defense will be based on what CA told her to do.
SEGUE: So odd CA was so far removed from the thought of ever being connected to the murder-for-hire plot, when the "bump" on DA occurred, his first two guesses were: 1) Are you being sued? 2) Is this from the IRS?
This guy must eat stress for breakfast! My first thought would be...did you get in a car accident in my car?

But he could still visit him or "potentially" talk about future representation or questioning what he told DA, in preparation for her trial, right? I know very little about "legal privledge/access to inmates" but it seems (at least to me) any excuse can be made and all conversation be considered confidential. Couldn't CA make a complaint for anything and ask for an atty to visit him?
Afterall, the theme of CA's defense was "extortion after the fact" and (I) can pretty much guess DA's defense will be based on what CA told her to do.
SEGUE: So odd CA was so far removed from the thought of ever being connected to the murder-for-hire plot, when the "bump" on DA occurred, his first two guesses were: 1) Are you being sued? 2) Is this from the IRS?
This guy must eat stress for breakfast! My first thought would be...did you get in a car accident in my car?
Even when he seems to figure out it might be the cops, (one of two things), he seems, in my opinion, to prefer that it be the cops, to being blackmailed by a scary person. Donna, too, seems to me to almost express relief on some of the bump calls when Charlie tells her it could be the cops. In my opinion they seem much more afraid of the person NOT being a cop.

Last edited:
Something is confusing me:

If I recall correctly, Wendi in her police interview says that Charlie got his parents a weekend place in Miami Beach and they were probably at that apartment on that Friday of the murder. (In July). This would be consistent with Katie’s testimony that the pic of her and Wendi on the beach was taken at Continuum, and Wendi‘s testimony that it was taken on Father’s Day. (In June). In my opinion it is reasonable to assume that CHARLIE was renting a place in the Continuum in the summer of 2014 that his parents used.

BUT- The document that the state has just released In discovery, shown above, appears to be a six-month lease for HARVEY for a 2BR apartment in the SAME building, starting May 8, 2014, all paid upfront. (Per the document itself and the accompanying video).

Is there another lease for Charlie? Have we seen it?

If the evidence seems to suggest Charlie had an apartment in the Continuum in June of 2014 that he got for his parents to use, why did Harvey in MAY lease a 2BR in the same building, on a six-month lease, all paid upfront?

Last edited:
CA is reportedly in the Wakulla Annex. If the 1st paragraph of the link below is true, the annex is a low-security facility.
I find it strange that a convicted murderer would be placed here.

Help for Inmates Before, During and After Prison (inmateaid.com)
The mug shot page references "close custody".

A: These are custody levels. Minimum custody means the individual is eligible for placement at a community release center. Medium custody inmates are eligible for placement at a work camp with a secure perimeter. Close custody inmates must be maintained in a facility with a secure perimeter or with direct supervision outside. Maximum custody refers to inmates who are under a sentence of death.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24
Back