FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know that Harvey is going with her. Joel just said Wendi and the boys. Just speculating, but in my opinion it could possibly be that she might want to get the boys settled somewhere where nobody knows them, in advance of the trial. Another possibility, in my opinion, is that she could be thinking she might be arrested and might want to place the boys with family. I think I remember hearing there is family in Texas, I remember that there was someone on one of the jail recordings speaking to Charlie.

If Wendi believes that she'll be incognito in Austin, then I think she has a surprise coming. This isn't the 80s, when you could move cross-country and no one would know who you are.

She's immediately recognizable and enough people are familiar with this case that the news will soon spread like wildfire. All her coworkers and all the parents at her kids' school will soon learn all about the Adelsons.

If Wendi believes that she'll be incognito in Austin, then I think she has a surprise coming. This isn't the 80s, when you could move cross-country and no one would know who you are.

She's immediately recognizable and enough people are familiar with this case that the news will soon spread like wildfire. All her coworkers and all the parents at her kids' school will soon learn all about the Adelsons.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."​

Replace mice with rats and you have the Adelsons.

In my opinion she can’t afford private school. Just my opinion.
It's hard to gauge how the Adelson's are doing financially. WA gets a monthly payment from DM's life insurance, so would have some $$, but then she would have chewed through that with lawyers fees. I think work has been intermittent. Her Mum, Dad and brother have money, but the less she engages with them, the more unlikely she's going to be getting handouts from them. So yeah, I'd speculate she's not flush with cash at the moment. Life on easy street is gonski forever. She'll never have any kin dof well paid, meaningful career again. Other than being an author... (joke!).

The informativeness of posts, intellectual level of discussion, and astuteness of sleuthing make discussion boards attractive. Nevertheless, the wheel of Whole Justice for Dan Markel is still turning as illustrated by 1) Harvey’s search warrant dated 11/14/2023, which is in Donna’s discovery rather than her docket list, 2) Donna’s most recent search warrant dated 4/26/2024, and 3) Donna’s discovery amendment dated 5/21/2024.

In the meantime, let us help Phil & Ruth gain the opportunity of seeing Dan Markel’s sons by signing “Jason Solomon's petition to help the Markels see their grandchildren” at [ipetitions dot com].

Attachments

• ipetitiondotcom.png
    ipetitiondotcom.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The informativeness of posts, intellectual level of discussion, and astuteness of sleuthing make discussion boards attractive. Nevertheless, the wheel of Whole Justice for Dan Markel is still turning as illustrated by 1) Harvey’s search warrant dated 11/14/2023, which is in Donna’s discovery rather than her docket list, 2) Donna’s most recent search warrant dated 4/26/2024, and 3) Donna’s discovery amendment dated 5/21/2024.

In the meantime, let us help Phil & Ruth gain the opportunity of seeing Dan Markel’s sons by signing “Jason Solomon's petition to help the Markels see their grandchildren” at [ipetitions dot com].
Is this a new petition? Didn’t they already get the Markel Act signed and also have some visits? I think this is old.

Is this a new petition? Didn’t they already get the Markel Act signed and also have some visits? I think this is old.
Yeah, but if she moves to Texas, they might not have any legal right or avenue to get visitation as grandparents. At best, it'll probably be an expensive court case in Texas to get visitation.

Yeah, but if she moves to Texas, they might not have any legal right or avenue to get visitation as grandparents. At best, it'll probably be an expensive court case in Texas to get visitation.
Wonder if this is why she is moving, or maybe it’s the leaks from people in the community to social media, etc that she is trying to eliminate.. Will be interesting if she leaves her dad in FL. How common or uncommon is it for parents or siblings to turn on a family member and implicate them as participating in a crime. Is it likely that are relieved that at least one person is not arrested or do they want to see if they can make their life easier in jail and take other family members down with them? Any information on that?

I don't think we know for sure if Wendi is relocating. I think whatever actions she takes now are based on her knowing the possibility/probability that she could be arrested soon after Donna's September trial. She needs to get her sons situated prior to her arrest, which could happen before the end of this year. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Absolutely. That Act only works for grandparents seeking visitation through the Florida courts. If she moves, I don’t see how a Florida court would have jurisdiction over her or the children in order to enforce the Act, even if the Markels invoked it. In my opinion, that would probably have been a factor in her decision to move, especially if she fears she may be arrested or is planning for what happens in the event she is arrested. The Markel Act only applies where a parent is arrested for killing the other parent.

I think Solomon’s petition only applies to getting the act passed, though, unless it’s still active and is meant as just a general outreach to Wendi to allow visitation as a matter of compassion.

Last edited:
Wonder if this is why she is moving, or maybe it’s the leaks from people in the community to social media, etc that she is trying to eliminate.. Will be interesting if she leaves her dad in FL. How common or uncommon is it for parents or siblings to turn on a family member and implicate them as participating in a crime. Is it likely that are relieved that at least one person is not arrested or do they want to see if they can make their life easier in jail and take other family members down with them? Any information on that?
It’s my opinion that Wendi is distancing herself from the rest of her family, possibly in an effort to save herself. If she is indeed moving, it seems, to me, that she might not care what happens to Donna. I also believe that Harvey is not moving.

I don't think we know for sure if Wendi is relocating. I think whatever actions she takes now are based on her knowing the possibility/probability that she could be arrested soon after Donna's September trial. She needs to get her sons situated prior to her arrest, which could happen before the end of this year. Just my opinion.
Agreed. It’s my opinion she’s getting her ducks in a row, making sure the boys are squared away with family/guardians and adjusted to their new surroundings, and making it more difficult for the Markels to seek visitation through the court in her absence. Hypothetically, if she were to have designated someone as the boys’ legal guardian, it seems to me that she would likely have designated someone not particularly interested in arranging visitation with the Markels. Hypothetically, she would probably want to designate this guardian and place the boys with him or her before she is arrested. Though my understanding is that she would retain the ability to make decisions for the boys until she is convicted, it would still be more difficult to make such arrangements after her arrest, and it would be much more abrupt and traumatic for the boys. I believe it is possible that the Markels may have a petition for visitation already prepared and ready to be filed immediately upon her arrest, and I believe she or her lawyer may have thought of that. I remain of the opinion that she herself will stay only long enough to get the boys settled. There is a relative in Texas, though I believe he is NOT in Austin.

One wonders why she has waited this long to move, since she’s been in the same place since 2016, with the same degree of suspicion on her in the surrounding community, so in my opinion privacy and fleeing bad publicity cannot be the sole reasons. If anything, to me the move makes the boys more vulnerable to whispers and rumors in the new community once it finds out who they are, which it inevitable will. In my opinion it might be one or both of the following: Donna’s arrest may have removed any pressure from Donna for her to stay in Miami with the boys so they could see their grandma (I know Harvey is still there, but in my opinion Donna’s desire to have them near her was arguably the reason this whole thing happened in the first place, I don’t think Harvey cared as much and I think he would have been content to visit wherever they were); or Donna’s arrest so soon after Charlie’s conviction may have made her believe her own arrest might shortly follow from Donna’s conviction, and she needed to get the boys placed with a chosen guardian before that happened.

One wonders why she has waited this long to move, since she’s been in the same place since 2016, with the same degree of suspicion on her in the surrounding community, so in my opinion privacy and fleeing bad publicity cannot be the sole reasons. If anything, to me the move makes the boys more vulnerable to whispers and rumors in the new community once it finds out who they are, which it inevitable will. In my opinion it might be one or both of the following: Donna’s arrest may have removed any pressure from Donna for her to stay in Miami with the boys so they could see their grandma (I know Harvey is still there, but in my opinion Donna’s desire to have them near her was arguably the reason this whole thing happened in the first place, I don’t think Harvey cared as much and I think he would have been content to visit wherever they were); or Donna’s arrest so soon after Charlie’s conviction may have made her believe her own arrest might shortly follow from Donna’s conviction, and she needed to get the boys placed with a chosen guardian before that happened.
If the open letter to Wendi cited in the petition for Markel visitation, it seemed to me the author was pushing the idea that Donna will go to trial in September, and the children will need support, and the hope was unsupervised visitation between the children and the grandparents could happen before September when the Media storm raises the curtain.

I believe it was in an interview around January 2024 with Ruth Markel and Court TV that Ruth commented that she has seen the boys 4 times since the 2022 Act.

If Wendi fears she might be indicted around the conclusion of Donna's trial, I think it follows that she'd probably want her son's settled in an area that she was familiar with and had a part in introducing to to her sons.

SMH. This family is completely responsible for the turmoil placed on the sons of Wendi and Dan. How could the end result be better than the divorce, and allowing the children to see and live near their father? There's no making sense of evil. JMO

If the open letter to Wendi cited in the petition for Markel visitation, it seemed to me the author was pushing the idea that Donna will go to trial in September, and the children will need support, and the hope was unsupervised visitation between the children and the grandparents could happen before September when the Media storm raises the curtain.

I believe it was in an interview around January 2024 with Ruth Markel and Court TV that Ruth commented that she has seen the boys 4 times since the 2022 Act.

If Wendi fears she might be indicted around the conclusion of Donna's trial, I think it follows that she'd probably want her son's settled in an area that she was familiar with and had a part in introducing to to her sons.

SMH. This family is completely responsible for the turmoil placed on the sons of Wendi and Dan. How could the end result be better than the divorce, and allowing the children to see and live near their father? There's no making sense of evil. JMO
I think the open letter cited above is old. It states that it has been nearly 3 years since the boys have seen the Markels. I believe that is no longer true, Wendi testified at Charlie’s trial that there had been at least one visit recently, and I believe I heard there had been one this past December. I think the trial in September that the letter is talking about is Katie’s first trial, the first one in this case. That one took place in September and was approximately 3 years after Wendi cut off Ruth’s access to the boys after the initial arrests.

How long is she going to ride on..” they wanted to put my kids in a foster home”? I understand the Governor of Florida can speak to the Governor of Texas about this. Forget where I heard it. Maybe Carl S.

Speculation, WA is into bigger!, imo.
Big Tex State Fair Of Texas GIF - Big Tex State Fair Of Texas King Of The  Hill - Discover & Share GIFs
Big Tex State Fair Of Texas GIF - Big Tex State Fair Of Texas King Of The  Hill - Discover & Share GIFs

Big Tex State Fair Of Texas GIF - Big Tex State Fair Of Texas King Of The Hill - Discover & Share GIFs​

May 24 '24
''Joel Waldman and Karm Waldman, co-hosts of the podcast “Surviving the Survivor,” were guests on Court TV’s “Opening Statements with Julie Grant” Friday, where they provided some inside scoop on all things Adelson. They explained that Charlie, who claimed at trial that the Latin Kings tried to extort him, was transferred to South Dakota for his own safety. According to Joel and Karm’s sources, the notorious gang put a hit out on Charlie.

Joel and Karm, who are currently promoting their new book, “Surviving the Survivor,” also had some intel about Wendi. They heard she’s headed to Austin. While Wendi does have family in the Texas, they say rumor has it she’s possibly planning to slip across the border into Mexico.''

How long is she going to ride on..” they wanted to put my kids in a foster home”? I understand the Governor of Florida can speak to the Governor of Texas about this. Forget where I heard it. Maybe Carl S.
Possibly. But I don’t see how the Governor of Texas could get a similar statute passed so fast, which is the only way the Texas court would have jurisdiction over any petition by the Markels for visitation. Grandparents are not legally entitled to visitation in the absence of such a statue.

Speculation, WA is into bigger!, imo.
Big Tex State Fair Of Texas GIF - Big Tex State Fair Of Texas King Of The  Hill - Discover & Share GIFsView attachment 506287

Big Tex State Fair Of Texas GIF - Big Tex State Fair Of Texas King Of The Hill - Discover & Share GIFs

May 24 '24
''Joel Waldman and Karm Waldman, co-hosts of the podcast “Surviving the Survivor,” were guests on Court TV’s “Opening Statements with Julie Grant” Friday, where they provided some inside scoop on all things Adelson. They explained that Charlie, who claimed at trial that the Latin Kings tried to extort him, was transferred to South Dakota for his own safety. According to Joel and Karm’s sources, the notorious gang put a hit out on Charlie.

Joel and Karm, who are currently promoting their new book, “Surviving the Survivor,” also had some intel about Wendi. They heard she’s headed to Austin. While Wendi does have family in the Texas, they say rumor has it she’s possibly planning to slip across the border into Mexico.''
Not news to anyone on these boards! Mexico has extradition, if they can find her, they can bring her back. In my opinion, Charlie may have received threats in jail, or even gotten on the bad side of some gangs. But I do not believe there is a specific threat out on him by the Latin Kings because of his testimony. We have only his word, through his attorneys. I believe he is saying this, through his attorneys, in order to bolster Donna’s defense, which will be that he told her he was being extorted by the Latin Kings, and she believed him. And it’s working. It does appear, to me, they have successfully convinced the prison system that he needed to be moved for his own safety. They have also gotten the story out into the Adelson true-crime media ecosystem such that it has taken on the veneer of fact. But if the Latin Kings had really wanted to get to him, they could have done so at any time, before or after he was arrested. The jury (and most of us) believed that his extortion theory was made-up. It still is. The Latin Kings must know they didn’t extort him, law enforcement knows they didn’t extort him, and in my opinion they do not care enough to have him killed for saying they did, because they would face absolutely no punishment for his “snitching” on them for something they didn’t do. Rivera DID actually snitch and he has not been moved anywhere for his own safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member