Found Deceased NH - Ashley Turcotte, 31, last seen at home, her car found at the town hall with her phone & backpack, Barnstead, 4 Jan 2024

I’m curious though why her movement is from the area of the exit-entrance doors toward what is apparently a self checkout. That is, self checkouts and regular registers would have you making your selections in the store and then as you check out in either manner, you’d be facing toward the exit doors as you check out. She appears to walk past the exit doors back into the building as if she’s walking into the store so perhaps she was approaching an in store ATM?
This is an excellent point though I am not familiar with Dollar General set up.

The description from LE does specifically say she was making purchases though?

In this situation, wouldn't you circulate pictures of her car and ask the local community to check their cameras for it? The only justification I can conceive for not doing this would be that everything about her arrival at the town hall is already known, so there's nothing to query the public about. Maybe that's the case.
Evidently that wasn't the case... They're now circulating pictures of her car...

So LE presumably knows some key pieces that we don't with regards to the surveillance camera at the town hall.

What time did it capture Ashley's car? (Rumor 10:37 Thursday)
If Ashley's car had left and come back after that, is the camera positioned such that it would have captured that? Or is it only positioned such that it would capture an arrival from one direction or the other?

Assuming the timing rumor is correct, and assuming her car leaving would be caught by the same camera that saw it arrive, (two big ifs), then
we can assume that Ashley had a ride for her second visit, since shes unlikely to jog a 7 minute mile to dollar general when she had a perfectly functional vehicle?

Compared to her photos and demeanor in photos with the community regarding her artistic contributions - IMO she looks really out of it - either impaired, suddenly ill, or having a metal health issue of some sort. I'm glad they shared this but it makes me even more worried about her.

Compared to her photos and demeanor in photos with the community regarding her artistic contributions - IMO she looks really out of it - either impaired, suddenly ill, or having a metal health issue of some sort. I'm glad they shared this but it makes me even more worried about her.
Agree.. it's so hard to say confidently from single frames, though.. a half second later she could look totally different. just recalling how mortifying expressions can appear in drivers license photos and such, even when the person knows they're about to be photographed. Here she's caught unawares possibly mid-conversation or what have you.

She has scars on her arms?? That's an unusual thing to mention, they must be quite a considerable size.

Does she self-harm? Has she got MH issues?

They say 31-year-old Ashley Turcotte was last seen Thursday, Jan. 4, in Barnstead, a town of about 5,000 located about 20 miles south of Lake Winnipesaukee. She is described as 5’5″ tall, with brown hair and eyes. She has scars on her arms, and was last seen wearing dark pants, a dark long-sleeved shirt and possibly a black or blue winter coat.

I thought exactly the same thing. Not too long before this disappearance it looks like the family had memorial for her brother who passed away 2 years prior. Was she feeling neglected from the family? Was she feeling like nobody even knew she was there? Was she devastated over her brother and couldn't move forward? I don't know these questions just keep popping up in my head. I looked through her mother's Facebook and it was really hard to tell if there were any pictures on her Facebook of Ashley at all which I thought was weird but I'm also not on her friends list so maybe they're just not public. This whole thing is just so bizarre. Almost no information whatsoever from the police department they've been super tight lipped. Would Ashley have taken off I don't think she'd do this to her family after losing a brother but who knows what someone's emotional state would do. The fact that she had many of her personal items just left in the car definitely looks like she left them there on purpose. Did she get distracted by somebody in the parking lot? This whole thing is just so bizarre. I'd like to think people don't just go and disappear and never get found but then I look at the New Hampshire missing persons list and I see there are 75 people I believe missing still. Really really shocking honestly. I believe unsolved murders are in the hundreds. I think I've grown up hoping that this was the sleepy little state that I loved as a child but yes bad things do happen here. My biggest concern is the river. If she truly did mean to harm herself did she take pills did she go in the water? If she did it would have taken her down very quickly the water's been very high and running very fast. She could be anywhere at this point. It's just heartbreaking and hard to imagine. Someone else on here mentioned that they are a similar build as Ashley. I am as well and I really felt like I'm looking at a younger version of myself and my heart just breaks for this girl. I keep praying they find her I keep praying for her family. I can't even imagine what they're going through

I thought exactly the same thing. Not too long before this disappearance it looks like the family had memorial for her brother who passed away 2 years prior. Was she feeling neglected from the family? Was she feeling like nobody even knew she was there? Was she devastated over her brother and couldn't move forward? I don't know these questions just keep popping up in my head. I looked through her mother's Facebook and it was really hard to tell if there were any pictures on her Facebook of Ashley at all which I thought was weird but I'm also not on her friends list so maybe they're just not public. This whole thing is just so bizarre. Almost no information whatsoever from the police department they've been super tight lipped. Would Ashley have taken off I don't think she'd do this to her family after losing a brother but who knows what someone's emotional state would do. The fact that she had many of her personal items just left in the car definitely looks like she left them there on purpose. Did she get distracted by somebody in the parking lot? This whole thing is just so bizarre. I'd like to think people don't just go and disappear and never get found but then I look at the New Hampshire missing persons list and I see there are 75 people I believe missing still. Really really shocking honestly. I believe unsolved murders are in the hundreds. I think I've grown up hoping that this was the sleepy little state that I loved as a child but yes bad things do happen here. My biggest concern is the river. If she truly did mean to harm herself did she take pills did she go in the water? If she did it would have taken her down very quickly the water's been very high and running very fast. She could be anywhere at this point. It's just heartbreaking and hard to imagine. Someone else on here mentioned that they are a similar build as Ashley. I am as well and I really felt like I'm looking at a younger version of myself and my heart just breaks for this girl. I keep praying they find her I keep praying for her family. I can't even imagine what they're going through
What happened to DJ? Does anyone know cause of death/manner of death?

I keep hearing that DJ passed, but I have not been able to find why he died, how he died, etc?

Just curious since you have brought up the possibility that her processing of his death could have potentially impacted Ashley’s mental state and actions in the weeks and months leading up to her disappearance.

Of course it's hard to tell in still images (images taken from a video are rarely flattering) but she looks really fatigued and limp...wondering if she was intoxicated in some way? I'm sure the actual video is more telling.
it looks like she has a cut under her nose.
i joined a few groups for her disappearance on fb and they are... quite interesting. i am quickly changing my mind on what i think happened here, jmo...

What happened to DJ? Does anyone know cause of death/manner of death?

I keep hearing that DJ passed, but I have not been able to find why he died, how he died, etc?

Just curious since you have brought up the possibility that her processing of his death could have potentially impacted

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back