GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those cases that only the suspect knows what truly happened.

If there's one thing I know, those Peterson boys are TROUBLE! (I thought for sure Micheal, Scott, and Drew had at least one Pederson and all Peterson o_O)

I have wondered though if there was one or more of those crazy people that cut babies from their mother's wombs running around Laci Peterson and Evelyn Hernandez's area. There is no shortage of super crazy examples of this! If you don't know Evelyn Hernandez, she went missing in San Francisco in May 2002 and was 9 months pregnant. Some of her remains were discovered in the San Francisco Bay.

There is some similarities and the cases are likely not connected, but I can't help but think it is a small possibility that both women were cruelly slaughtered by someone trying to make a crude C-section and failing both times.

I will be beyond shocked if there is any useful evidence to be found that will lead to a new trial.
Scott Peterson had a million dollar defense team with Mark Geragos. His defense didn't have any evidence to show at the trial. It was embarrassing. Especially after Geragos' blistering opening statement claiming all kinds of evidence he was going to bring to the jury. He brought nothing.
Had to love the theories Geragos floated beforehand such as satanic cult connections, and that the killer could have dumped the bodies in the bay after hearing of Peterson's fishing trip account. I understand the burden is not on the defense to prove his innocence but like you said you would think a million dollar defense team could do better.

Had to love the theories Geragos floated beforehand such as satanic cult connections, and that the killer could have dumped the bodies in the bay after hearing of Peterson's fishing trip account. I understand the burden is not on the defense to prove his innocence but like you said you would think a million dollar defense team could do better.
If Geragos had evidence of the theories he talked about prior to trial, why did he not present those theories, with evidence at the time of trial? because he had no evidence, that's why---do you not believe if he had a scintilla of evidence of any of those theories, he would not have presented that evidence at the time of trial? he had nothing to present to the jury that would have resulted in reasonable doubt. For those of you who want to believe Scott is innocent, have at it, but at this point, there is nothing to point away from Scott. If the innocence project has evidence to the contrary, then we shall see it.

Last edited:
Well there’s your JMO and then there’s facts; unless Laci had a will that left specific property and/or jewelry to a specific person then Scott would inherit it
My opinion is based on the fact that California is a community property state. Scott had no legal right to Laci's recently inherited jewelry.

The only property that doesn’t become community property automatically are gifts and inheritances that one spouse receives.

Are you serious? The phone tapes they used in the trial were possibly illegally and criminally edited by LE? That's quite an accusation to make. Any evidence of that?

And if so, WHY did Scott admit to her that he told her his wife was dead? The cops couldn't 'edit' that admission. If they had tried he would have spoken up and said it was fake.
iirc, Scott's attorney tried to get all the recorded conversations thrown out because LE also recorded Scott's calls with his attorneys. California is a two-party consent state. The judge refused.

Scott may have told Amber he was a widower but before Laci died, I think Scott admitted he was married because he wanted their relationship to end. It was clear to me that he wanted Amber to stop contacting him, because he lied to her and said he was in Paris.

After Laci went missing, LE had Amber do a "gotcha" call and recorded it. LE wanted him guilty and didn't pursue evidence that led anywhere else such as finding whoever pawned the watch. They also may have edited phone calls. The detectives assigned to the case seemed to do whatever they wanted.

JMO

If Geragos had evidence of the theories he talked about prior to trial, why did he not present those theories, with evidence at the time of trial? because he had no evidence, that's why---do you not believe if he had a scintilla of evidence of any of those theories, he would not have presented that evidence at the time of trial? he had nothing to present to the jury that would have resulted in reasonable doubt. For those of you who want to believe Scott is innocent, have at it, but at this point, there is nothing to point away from Scott. If the innocence project has evidence to the contrary, then we shall see it.
BBM. Good question! I think Geragos was in wayyyyy over his head....

JMO

BBM. Good question! I think Geragos was in wayyyyy over his head....

JMO

As the Principal with the internationally known trial lawyer firm of Geragos & Geragos, Mark Geragos cemented his national reputation as a trial lawyer a dozen years ago with back-to-back State and Federal Court jury trial acquittals for renowned Whitewater figure Susan McDougal, later securing a presidential pardon for Ms. McDougal for a conviction sustained prior to his representation of her.

During the last decade, Geragos has won two consecutive dismissals of murder charges against clients by proving flawed eyewitness identification. One of those clients later won a $1.7 million settlement when the Geragos firm sued the City of Glendale for their false arrest of that client. In another twelve-week murder trial where the victim was the defendant’s four-year-old daughter, Geragos was the lead lawyer where the jury did not convict his client. He was the attorney who successfully represented Chris Brown last year.

Geragos won dismissal of prostitution charges against James Bond movie director Lee Tamahori; dismissal of all felony charges – including kidnapping and torture – for Hung Bao Zhong, the recognized exiled leader of China’s shadow government with an estimated 38 million followers worldwide; dismissal of murder charges for the third time for a USC co-ed charged with murder in the death of her fetus; and dismissal of a decades-old murder charge against Japanese national Kazuyoshi Miura, a case christened the “Japanese O.J. Case” by Japanese media.

Geragos was one of the lead lawyers in a pair of groundbreaking Federal Class Action Lawsuits against New York Life Insurance and AXA Corporation for insurance policies issued in the early 20th century during the genocide of over 1.5 million Armenians by the Ottoman Turk Regime, eventually settling these two cases for more than $37.5 million. He is currently suing the Government of Turkey for reparations arising out of the Armenian Genocide.

Geragos is the only lawyer besides Johnnie Cochran ever named “Lawyer of the Year” in both Criminal and Civil arenas. California Law Business Magazine named Geragos “One of the 100 Most Influential Attorneys in California” three years in a row, and Geragos has repeatedly been voted by his peers as one of Los Angeles’ SuperLawyers. His $59 million jury verdict in a trade secrets case against pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Corporation was voted both “Top Ten Verdicts in 2008 in California” by the Daily Journal, as well as “Top Fifty Verdicts in the United States” by the National Law Journal.

iirc, Scott's attorney tried to get all the recorded conversations thrown out because LE also recorded Scott's calls with his attorneys. California is a two-party consent state. The judge refused.
The two party consent regulation is nil when it comes to incarceration. The judge was correct in that ruling, imo.
Scott may have told Amber he was a widower but before Laci died,
YES, he did tell her that, and told her it 'was going to be his first Christmas alone as a widower.' You don't think that is creepy considering it came true?
I think Scott admitted he was married because he wanted their relationship to end. It was clear to me that he wanted Amber to stop contacting him, because he lied to her and said he was in Paris.
False---he told her he was on a work trip to Paris, he never claimed he was leaving forever. He continued to call her often and actively pursued her. he NEVER asked her to stop contact.
After Laci went missing, LE had Amber do a "gotcha" call and recorded it.

Why wouldn't they? That is literally their job and shows they were effective and successful.
LE wanted him guilty and didn't pursue evidence that led anywhere else such as finding whoever pawned the watch.

There is no evidence that was her watch. That brand of watch is common and there were lots of them being bought and sold around Christmas time, imo.
They also may have edited phone calls.

Again, that is a serious accusation to make without any evidence. Besides, they have him admitting he told her his wife was deceased, while she was still alive and well. That is very incriminating and is NOT something that could be 'edited' to make him say those words.
The detectives assigned to the case seemed to do whatever they wanted.

JMO
Scott also seemed to do whatever he wanted. IMO

I am concerned that the bending, twisting and stretching of the facts is going to cause an injury...........

Scott Peterson is no less guilty of murdering his beautiful, pregnant wife today than he was 21 years ago. I am amazed the lengths some will go to try to convince others of anything different.

He did it.
He got caught.
He is right where he belongs.

All right people, move along, nothing to see here......

I am concerned that the bending, twisting and stretching of the facts is going to cause an injury...........

Scott Peterson is no less guilty of murdering his beautiful, pregnant wife today than he was 21 years ago. I am amazed the lengths some will go to try to convince others of anything different.

He did it.
He got caught.

So, you are saying you are against the pursuit of justice by determining the facts? Against the right to a fair trial?
You don't believe the Innocence Projects have never successfully freed a wrongfully convicted inmate? Because, they have done so. Many times. Wrongful convictions do happen and that is the reality of our criminal justice system. No system of justice is perfect.

The major contributor of the LA Innocence Project was Andrew Wilson, wrongfully convicted--and incarcerated--for 32 years.

I applaud all of these law schools for investigating and dedicating resources to finding the truth. It is an invaluable teaching lesson for law students and a essential lifeline to the wrongfully convicted.

JMO
Andrew Leander Wilson was wrongly convicted in 1986 of a murder he did not commit. At the age of 31, married and the father of a young girl, Andy was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. In other words, he would die in prison.

Andy spent the next 31 years of his life fighting for his freedom, steadfastly maintaining his innocence, while the real perpetrator remained free.

A Los Angeles man who spent more than 32 years behind bars was released on Thursday after a judge vacated his murder conviction late Wednesday.

Andrew Wilson, a client of Loyola Law School’s Project for the Innocent, was convicted of stabbing to death a 21-year-old man who was sleeping in his truck with his girlfriend in 1984. Wilson maintains he had nothing to do with the incident.

According to Wilson’s attorneys, key pieces of evidence were never turned over to the defense during trial. The victim’s girlfriend, Saladena Bishop, selected Wilson’s photo from a lineup only after an officer pointed to Wilson’s photo and asked, “What about him?” Police later deemed Saladena an unreliable witness after she filed a police report falsely accusing another man of kidnapping and attempted rape. Also, a friend of the victim told the trial prosecutor, Laura Aalto, that Saladena had stabbed the victim in the past and was likely the perpetrator.

So, you are saying you are against the pursuit of justice by determining the facts? Against the right to a fair trial?
You don't believe the Innocence Projects have never successfully freed a wrongfully convicted inmate? Because, they have done so. Many times. Wrongful convictions do happen and that is the reality of our criminal justice system. No system of justice is perfect.

The major contributor of the LA Innocence Project was Andrew Wilson, wrongfully convicted--and incarcerated--for 32 years.

I applaud all of these law schools for investigating and dedicating resources to finding the truth. It is an invaluable teaching lesson for law students and a essential lifeline to the wrongfully convicted.

JMO
Andrew Leander Wilson was wrongly convicted in 1986 of a murder he did not commit. At the age of 31, married and the father of a young girl, Andy was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. In other words, he would die in prison.

Andy spent the next 31 years of his life fighting for his freedom, steadfastly maintaining his innocence, while the real perpetrator remained free.

A Los Angeles man who spent more than 32 years behind bars was released on Thursday after a judge vacated his murder conviction late Wednesday.

Andrew Wilson, a client of Loyola Law School’s Project for the Innocent, was convicted of stabbing to death a 21-year-old man who was sleeping in his truck with his girlfriend in 1984. Wilson maintains he had nothing to do with the incident.

According to Wilson’s attorneys, key pieces of evidence were never turned over to the defense during trial. The victim’s girlfriend, Saladena Bishop, selected Wilson’s photo from a lineup only after an officer pointed to Wilson’s photo and asked, “What about him?” Police later deemed Saladena an unreliable witness after she filed a police report falsely accusing another man of kidnapping and attempted rape. Also, a friend of the victim told the trial prosecutor, Laura Aalto, that Saladena had stabbed the victim in the past and was likely the perpetrator.
I believe strongly that there are wrongly convicted people and my heart breaks for those who hve been wrongly convicted and spend years in jail: The Innocence Project has done good things to find the facts and help get those who are wrongly convicted released from prison. However, in the case of Scott Peterson, I believe he was "rightly" convicted based on the evidence presented at the time of his trial. Again, if Mr. Geragos had evidence to support his various theories of the case, why did he not present that evidence at trial? It appears the IP is going ahead with investigating this case- if there is new evidence that proves Scott Peterson was wrongly convicted, then we will see it. However, at this point in time, I continue to believe Scott murdered Laci.

Scott may have told Amber he was a widower but before Laci died, I think Scott admitted he was married because he wanted their relationship to end. It was clear to me that he wanted Amber to stop contacting him, because he lied to her and said he was in Paris.

After Laci went missing, LE had Amber do a "gotcha" call and recorded it. LE wanted him guilty and didn't pursue evidence that led anywhere else such as finding whoever pawned the watch. They also may have edited phone calls. The detectives assigned to the case seemed to do whatever they wanted.

JMO
No, no, not at all how it went. Scott continued to contact Amber and wanted to continue seeing her. It finally ended when she told him that considering what is going on it would be best if they didn't talk anymore. It's in the phonecall recordings that were evidence in the trial.

The major contributor fof the LA Innocence Project was Andrew Wilson, wrongfully convicted--and incarcerated--for 32 years.

JMO

Thank you for proving my point!

Where in my post did I say I was against the pursuit of justice? Justice was served and the guilty party was PROVEN to be guilty in a court of law.

I said absolutely nothing about wrongful convictions, sure there have been occasions of such but Scott Peterson is not one of them. Laci going missing was what brought me to the original Websleuths website and I followed this case from day one. Scott and Scott alone did the deed and is exactly where he should remain for the rest of his miserable life. <modsnip - personalizing>

For me, every day I don't hear mention of Scott Peterson is a good day. He ended two beautiful lives and gets zero sympathy from me. I shed more tears for Laci and Connor than he ever has/will, and that alone speaks volumes to me.

<modsnip - personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe strongly that there are wrongly convicted people and my heart breaks for those who hve been wrongly convicted and spend years in jail: The Innocence Project has done good things to find the facts and help get those who are wrongly convicted released from prison. However, in the case of Scott Peterson, I believe he was "rightly" convicted based on the evidence presented at the time of his trial. Again, if Mr. Geragos had evidence to support his various theories of the case, why did he not present that evidence at trial? It appears the IP is going ahead with investigating this case- if there is new evidence that proves Scott Peterson was wrongly convicted, then we will see it. However, at this point in time, I continue to believe Scott murdered Laci.
I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with it.

I believe the reason the Innocence Project has become involved in this case is because not all the evidence was presented at trial for a number of reasons.

The Judge refused to allow it, or his attorneys failed to introduce it, or LE/prosecution failed to fully investigate other leads such as the burglary that occurred across the street the day Laci went missing. A witness came forward who saw a van, three men carrying items from the home. Instead of believing her, LE believed the perps when they claimed they were there on Dec. 26. LE didn't believe a news crew who were on the street on Dec. 26 and saw no activity across the street....

JMO

Scott Peterson's trial judge once called the case "an appellate lawyer's petri dish," with fertile material for resourceful lawyers and reviewing courts.
0012000001fxZm9AAE

Thank you for proving my point!

Where in my post did I say I was against the pursuit of justice? Justice was served and the guilty party was PROVEN to be guilty in a court of law.

I said absolutely nothing about wrongful convictions, sure there have been occasions of such but Scott Peterson is not one of them. Laci going missing was what brought me to the original Websleuths website and I followed this case from day one. Scott and Scott alone did the deed and is exactly where he should remain for the rest of his miserable life. <modsnip - personalizing>

For me, every day I don't hear mention of Scott Peterson is a good day. He ended two beautiful lives and gets zero sympathy from me. I shed more tears for Laci and Connor than he ever has/will, and that alone speaks volumes to me.

<modsnip - personalizing>

@TallCoolOne Great post!!!​

He did it.
He got caught.

@TallCoolOne Great post

Even still, Scott Peterson says he’s not guilty of the crimes he was convicted of. The Los Angeles Innocence Project (LAIP), picked up the case in January 2023 to help defend him, according to multiple reports.
Well, that's a new one.......... A convicted murderer who claims his innocence........... And anyone that has followed this case knows he wouldn't lie.

BWAHAHAHA! Sometimes I crack myself up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member