Found Deceased GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024

Thanks to @gingerbread:
Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus.

Channel 2′s Michael Seiden is reporting live from an apartment complex off S Milledge Road in Athens. The apartments are less than two miles from the scene of where the body of Laken Riley was found.

UXFN3IM6KRHFRN32CAJHCWWREE.jpeg

D3MZYBDPWRC65JT4RJRJSOPQXM.jpeg

6FWAV45WTVDEDPT2NSLYBK42DQ.jpeg

OXMKORXZMZERVOTX4K5CHVXJQI.jpeg

LIGCPKG7W5BAPA4237CLX3TAEE.jpeg

Police swarm Athens apartment complex tied to death at UGA Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus
Looking at the map, it looks like the apartment location near south end of the wooded area and he could enter on foot (bike?) by walking from apartment to track running area.

Thanks to @gingerbread:
Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus.

Channel 2′s Michael Seiden is reporting live from an apartment complex off S Milledge Road in Athens. The apartments are less than two miles from the scene of where the body of Laken Riley was found.

UXFN3IM6KRHFRN32CAJHCWWREE.jpeg

D3MZYBDPWRC65JT4RJRJSOPQXM.jpeg

6FWAV45WTVDEDPT2NSLYBK42DQ.jpeg

OXMKORXZMZERVOTX4K5CHVXJQI.jpeg

LIGCPKG7W5BAPA4237CLX3TAEE.jpeg

Police swarm Athens apartment complex tied to death at UGA Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus
That was quick. Definitely no stranger to the victim.

Friends of Riley’s confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that she was a member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority.

Channel 2′s Michele Newell earned that Riley graduated from River Ridge High School in Cherokee County in 2020.

The district sent her a statement, saying:

“Our community and our world lost a shining light with the tragic passing of Laken. An outstanding scholar athlete, Laken inspired classmates and teachers with her love of learning and her kindness to all. We ask that the community please keep her family in their hearts.”

I sincerely hope it is the correct POI. They’ve managed to move really quickly on this.
I’ve never seen a similar case move this fast; it’s been 24 hours since she was found.

She was reported missing quickly, she was found soon after, this was reported to be a homicide almost right away, and now, they could be well on their way to getting the person who did this.

I am curious how they found the guy. Could be:
* video
* DNA
* trail of evidence
* left something behind that ID'd him
* witness
* person known to victim
Yeah, they’ve certainly had something to zoom in on someone so quickly. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Laken was familiar with them.

I’ve never seen a similar case move this fast; it’s been 24 hours since she was found.

She was reported missing quickly, she was found soon after, this was reported to be a homicide almost right away, and now, they could be well on their way to getting the person who did this.
Agreed. They’ve clearly found or received something substantial to point them in this direction.

Maybe they've moved so quickly because it's a case of "I want to kill this person for XYZ reason and I don't care about getting away with it because all that matters is I get to kill them" so there's a big evidence trail.

I'm also wondering if there was someone (or multiple someones) in her life known to be an "issue" (so to speak) and the friend who reported her missing was aware of this.

Yeah, they’ve certainly had something to zoom in on someone so quickly. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Laken was familiar with them.
Which would also explain the quick reporting when she didn’t return from her run.

It seems she had a pattern when it came to her running, so someone known to her would be able to plan ahead.

The counterpoint is that a lot of these types of crimes seem to be random, and they tend to be pretty sloppy. But I’m strongly leaning towards some sort of history based on how fast this is moving.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Displaced_Fey
Back