Found Deceased GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024

Police do not have a suspect in the case, Clark said. When he was asked whether there was danger to the public, the chief said:
“When you have a suspect that’s on the loose, there’s always a danger. But there’s no immediate danger at this time.”

Police Chief Jeff Clark did not provide details on how the woman died, citing the ongoing investigation.

Clark said his department, along with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, were conducting the investigation.

He noted that there has not been a homicide on campus in the last 20 years.

'We're not going to leave any rock unturned in this investigation,' he said.

He also acknowledged that police do not have a suspect in the case yet.

'When you have a suspect that's on the loose, there's always a danger. But there's no immediate danger at this time.'
RBM
It would seem a little precipitate to say that at this time; if they have no idea -- and no poi ?
Until the perp is apprehended, isn't every woman in danger at that campus ?

But again maybe LE know more than they're saying .
That would not be unusual.
Omo.
he said "no immediate danger"... which I think in LE speak, immediate danger is when there is an active shooter... IMO

If I had to make an argument I would say being a child or infant is the most dangerous thing you could be.

I'm hoping there were cameras at least somewhere in the vicinity that would've captured someone walking up (then probably) running away, or a car that arrived and left within that time frame.
Katrina in Queens, Vanessa in New Hampshire, Mollie in Iowa. And more.
Sydney Sutherland in Arkansas.

We lost a good person way too soon. So sorry to her family - and to all of us in society who would've benefited from her contributions and life. Sad, senseless loss.

:(

jmo
Katherine Janness, Rachel Morin, the recent attack in Tacoma, WA on a trail... now this. It is getting dangerous out there for those of us that like to walk and run. MOO

And those of us who like to golf.

If I had to make an argument I would say being a child or infant is the most dangerous thing you could be.

I'm hoping there were cameras at least somewhere in the vicinity that would've captured someone walking up (then probably) running away, or a car that arrived and left within that time frame.

Sydney Sutherland in Arkansas.
Bbm.
Good points.
Esp. re. the cameras !

Also, was she receiving any unwanted texts or calls ?
And did anyone know her jogging schedule ?

Student Laken Hope Riley Found Dead on University of Georgia Campus

“We have been fully briefed on this terrible situation,” UGA said in the statement. “Foul play is suspected, and we are already receiving support from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Athens-Clarke County Police Department to investigate this crime. We want to assure you that the safety and welfare of our campus community is our top concern.”

Student Laken Hope Riley Found Dead on University of Georgia Campus

“We have been fully briefed on this terrible situation,” UGA said in the statement. “Foul play is suspected, and we are already receiving support from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Athens-Clarke County Police Department to investigate this crime. We want to assure you that the safety and welfare of our campus community is our top concern.”
Beautiful college student, future nurse. Gone. :(

I’m sorry if this won’t open. I got this alert from the app and tried to copy it but the link doesn’t work. Will post as soon as they get their website updated.
Thanks to @gingerbread:
Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus.

Channel 2′s Michael Seiden is reporting live from an apartment complex off S Milledge Road in Athens. The apartments are less than two miles from the scene of where the body of Laken Riley was found.

UXFN3IM6KRHFRN32CAJHCWWREE.jpeg

D3MZYBDPWRC65JT4RJRJSOPQXM.jpeg

6FWAV45WTVDEDPT2NSLYBK42DQ.jpeg

OXMKORXZMZERVOTX4K5CHVXJQI.jpeg

LIGCPKG7W5BAPA4237CLX3TAEE.jpeg

Police swarm Athens apartment complex tied to death at UGA Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus

Last edited:
Thanks to @gingerbread:
Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus.

Channel 2′s Michael Seiden is reporting live from an apartment complex off S Milledge Road in Athens. The apartments are less than two miles from the scene of where the body of Laken Riley was found.

UXFN3IM6KRHFRN32CAJHCWWREE.jpeg

D3MZYBDPWRC65JT4RJRJSOPQXM.jpeg

6FWAV45WTVDEDPT2NSLYBK42DQ.jpeg

OXMKORXZMZERVOTX4K5CHVXJQI.jpeg

LIGCPKG7W5BAPA4237CLX3TAEE.jpeg

Police swarm Athens apartment complex tied to death at UGA Police have swarmed an off-campus apartment complex on Friday afternoon. Investigators have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that it is connected to the investigation of a nursing student’s death on the University of Georgia campus
Fingers crossed they know who the perp is and get him today!!

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot
Back