Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Braunschweig local paper is worth a look, seems a relatively comprehensive summary of the day.
interesting

Was Christian B. listened to in the prison?​

A former BKA employee will also be heard as a witness - according to the defense's request. She claims that she was involved in wiretapping operations in Christian B.'s cell in connection with the publication of suspicions in the Maddie case in 2020. It was hoped that the suspect would brag about his crimes. During operational meetings, colleagues of hers are said to have said that they “still had a score to settle” with B. Apparently they planned to slip B. an incriminating text document.

In addition, a senior public prosecutor is to be questioned as a witness because an undercover investigator is said to have been smuggled into the Wolfenbüttel correctional facility (JVA) . The court must decide on the requests for evidence.

interesting

Was Christian B. listened to in the prison?​

A former BKA employee will also be heard as a witness - according to the defense's request. She claims that she was involved in wiretapping operations in Christian B.'s cell in connection with the publication of suspicions in the Maddie case in 2020. It was hoped that the suspect would brag about his crimes. During operational meetings, colleagues of hers are said to have said that they “still had a score to settle” with B. Apparently they planned to slip B. an incriminating text document.

In addition, a senior public prosecutor is to be questioned as a witness because an undercover investigator is said to have been smuggled into the Wolfenbüttel correctional facility (JVA) . The court must decide on the requests for evidence.
Do you think FF will be successful in removing the data carriers found buried at the box factory from the prosecution's evidence?

“The court heard Brueckner used a rape drug to incapacitate his victims”.

Was this actually mentioned during yesterday’s proceedings?

The Braunschweig local paper is worth a look, seems a relatively comprehensive summary of the day.
It does look like FF will push the angle that the BKA/prosecutors are out to get CB. The illegal wiretap of his prison phone seems strange if true.

The scar/tattoo is already being used to suggest that CB cannot be guilty of the HaB crime.

I also wonder if a warrant is required to search property in Germany and if the police had one for the box factory.

If the material found here can be struck out, then I think the MM case is in tatters.

I previously suggested that there were grievances between LE and CB. Looks like it could be right:

She reportedly said that two other BKA officers told her they had a "personal score" to settle with the German and that they were planning "to do something" about it.

It does look like FF will push the angle that the BKA/prosecutors are out to get CB. The illegal wiretap of his prison phone seems strange if true.

The scar/tattoo is already being used to suggest that CB cannot be guilty of the HaB crime.

I also wonder if a warrant is required to search property in Germany and if the police had one for the box factory.

If the material found here can be struck out, then I think the MM case is in tatters.
I think the outcome here is crucial to the MM case, I've always thought they're not, but now not so sure, all opinion.

There's doesn't seem to be any reports of it, it's the Sun! now you know why it's not a recognised source.

You don't think that if it can demonstrated that they were obtained illegally they could be discounted as evidence ?
Where is the chain of custody if its obtained without a warrant.

no. but obviously its a standard defence tactic to try.
But the building wasn't just happened upon by chance so it was searched for specifics reasons and in doing so wouldn't a search warrant be needed?

But the building wasn't just happened upon by chance so it was searched for specifics reasons and in doing so wouldn't a search warrant be needed?
I think it was an opportunist search made because CB was under suspicion for some other crime at the time and they were looking at places connected with him.

It's not illegal to observe the communication, that's made by phone in a prison, in general.

It's just illegal to observe the communication that has been made between the inmate and the solicitor for example.

According to the fact, that it would result in a strict ban of the evidence that has been obtained from that observation, it's higly doubtful, that any of these charges is based on communication between FF and CB.

Ihmo nothing more than making some noise.

I think the outcome here is crucial to the MM case, I've always thought they're not, but now not so sure, all opinion.
Insofar as legal process is concerned, I think you might be right.

These cases have nothing to do with MM’s case from an MO or profile perspective but they may well test what evidence could be admissible if her case was ever brought to trial.

From the reporting, it looks like FF May live up to his billing.

I think it was an opportunist search made because CB was under suspicion for some other crime at the time and they were looking at places connected with him.
It’s hard to say if it was to do with IG. Reports earlier said that police were alerted to the site due to an awful smell, allegedly from the dead dog/s.

You don't think that if it can demonstrated that they were obtained illegally they could be discounted as evidence ?
Were they though?
I thought digital materials were found during the extensive legal searches of CB's various properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member