Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been involved in several devastating cases on here but this is up there with one of the most upsetting for me.

The arrest warrant in all those details shakes me - the hurt & suffering Madeline went through I can’t even begin to comprehend.

Whilst I hoped that she just ran away in my heart of hearts I knew when they didn’t make the mother after the POIs arrest do a ‘come home Madeline you’re safe now’ press release - I knew the police had information that this monster killed her.

I’ve seen a few comments regarding the mother on here mainly due to her comments In the media interview - I reserve judgement on her at this moment as I believe at this stage she could’ve been in a DV relationship and was terrified of him - MOO

My thoughts also go to her school teachers who attempted to reach out to her via her laptop - todays news will devastate them.

I send huge love to everyone who has been apart of this case - its such a traumatic and upsetting case.

I hope they find her body soon

RIP Madeline I’m sorry that this world failed you X
They located her body at 4:30pm today

Let us also remember that Florida has shown itself again and again to be capable of administering justice to the worst of the worst. I take some small solace in that here. The state that took care of the Cherish Perrywinkle case will make short work of this guy.

In an emailed statement announcing the discovery of her body, Holland said she hopes the news can bring the family closure.

“It is with a heavy heart I inform everyone that as we expected, Madeline Soto is deceased,” she said. “This is a sad day for our community and we mourn the loss of such a young life.”

What??? He was literally caught on camera with her body in his car! He's charged with sexually abusing Maddie and having videos/pics of it, starting a couple of years ago, and he's the main suspect in her murder!
Sorry for the exclamation points, my eyes kind of popped out of my head when I read your comment, but dang, do you really think that he's not responsible for her death?
I think we assume Maddie is the victim named in the Le document. We don’t know for sure (yet). He probably did kill her. But he hasn’t (yet) been charged with her murder. I am sure he will be and soon - but we don’t know (yet) (officially). Until LE are able to clearly charge him… anything is possible. I think the SOB did it for sure. But I won’t be shocked if we find out there’s more to the story.

I missed some of the live feed. Is Madeline's body along the tree line? Why haven't they taken her out of there yet?
They’ll want a lot of photos / video and as much evidence as they can get before they remove her. They’ll then continue to gather evidence where her body was (under it etc).

I think we assume Maddie is the victim named in the Le document. We don’t know for sure (yet). He probably did kill her. But he hasn’t (yet) been charged with her murder. I am sure he will be and soon - but we don’t know (yet) (officially). Until LE are able to clearly charge him… anything is possible. I think the SOB did it for sure. But I won’t be shocked if we find out there’s more to the story.
I really Hope there isn't more to the story, I don't want to believe anyone else is involved or had knowledge of this.

I appreciate your caution in how you phrase everything.

I agree, he’s an SOB, he’s probably a murderer, Maddie is probably the redacted name in the document, etc. etc. But I think accuracy when discussing what is known vs what is presumed (or speculation) is a form of respect to the victim(s) and the investigation.

I really Hope there isn't more to the story, I don't want to believe anyone else is involved or had knowledge of this.
I want to think he was a lone wolf too. But this crime scene is so weird! It’s like someone was in a panic. Was she killed in the house while mom was home? Police today said he MOVED her body in the early hours of the 26th. I’m hoping he was solo and no one realized or had a clue what he had done until yesterday. But nothing would surprise me at this point.

I’ve seen a few comments regarding the mother on here mainly due to her comments In the media interview - I reserve judgement on her at this moment as I believe at this stage she could’ve been in a DV relationship and was terrified of him - MOO
Respectfully, snipped buy me for focus.

I too believe that MS’s mother may have been in an abusive/DV relationship.

moo ymmv itotko

Let us also remember that Florida has shown itself again and again to be capable of administering justice to the worst of the worst. I take some small solace in that here. The state that took care of the Cherish Perrywinkle case will make short work of this guy.
Indeed.

Florida does not play: Ted Bundy (executed), Aileen Wuornos (executed), John Couey (sentenced to death but died of cancer in prison), Donald Smith, Anthony Todt (life without parole plus an additional year for murdering the family dog)…. Those are off the top of my head.

Incidentally, the Todt family annihilator did his dastardly deeds in the same county where Madeline was found—Osceola county.

Here is the FULL interview with both the mother and SS. This is such a haunting interview and the body language screams guilt reminds me of Chris Watts. I am not sure if this entire video has been shared here yet. WFTV9 just posted this exclusive interview.

Respectfully, snipped buy me for focus.

I too believe that MS’s mother may have been in an abusive/DV relationship.

moo ymmv itotko
It’s often very hard for someone in that situation to find a safe way out for themselves and their kid(s). Some feel and are effectively trapped. By finances. By shame. By fear of what will happen to them if they seek support / leave. Some are more afraid to leave than they are to go. Madeline’s mother is going to beat herself up no matter what for the rest of her life. She will wonder how this could have happened and how he did this to them. Nothing will ever be ok in her life again. Ever. It’s a horrible situation and nothing is going to make any of it ok. :(

It’s often very hard for someone in that situation to find a safe way out for themselves and their kid(s). Some feel and are effectively trapped. By finances. By shame. By fear of what will happen to them if they seek support / leave. Some are more afraid to leave than they are to go. Madeline’s mother is going to beat herself up no matter what for the rest of her life. She will wonder how this could have happened and how he did this to them. Nothing will ever be ok in her life again. Ever. It’s a horrible situation and nothing is going to make any of it ok. :(
The very same pressure he probably put on poor MS. If you tell...

That's how it often happens. We think why didn't she tell. He likely made it so she wouldn't tell, couldn't tell. She knew what would happen if she told. IMO she didn't tell because she thought she was protecting her mom. What a horrible, unfair burden for a small child to have to bear.

So insipid.

He'll never be a free man again. Please.

JMO

In the vast majority of cases I completely agree with you, and with that analysis. In this particular case: I invite you to watch the video of her speaking with the media, the one posted immediately before this post, where the boyfriend is in the latter half. Watch her facial expressions while her kids make noise off camera. Come back here after and share your impressions? In 99% of cases I’d agree with you. In this particular case I invite a more nuanced discussion of circumstances.

Indeed.

Florida does not play: Ted Bundy (executed), Aileen Wuornos (executed), John Couey (sentenced to death but died of cancer in prison), Donald Smith, Anthony Todt (life without parole plus an additional year for murdering the family dog)…. Those are off the top of my head.

Incidentally, the Todt family annihilator did his dastardly deeds in the same county where Madeline was found—Osceola county.
Mark Sievers on death row

Here is the FULL interview with both the mother and SS. This is such a haunting interview and the body language screams guilt reminds me of Chris Watts. I am not sure if this entire video has been shared here yet. WFTV9 just posted this exclusive interview.
Wow! The ability of these <modsnip> to manipulate and spill tears at the drop of a hat will never cease to amaze me. The reporter asks about conversation on the way to the drop off spot and he asserts she was asleep. Unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero tears. He keeps wiping away nothing. Half the time he is speaking he is shaking his head no,no,no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz