Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Missing Person

Photo not available
NAME:Madeline Soto
MISSING:2/26/2024
AGE MISSING:13 years
AGE NOW:13 years
SEX:FemaleRACE:White
HAIR:BlondeEYES:Blue
HEIGHT:5'01"WEIGHT:110
COUNTY:Orange
Child
NARRATIVE: A Florida MISSING CHILD Alert has been issued for Madeline Soto, last seen in the area of the 13500th block of Town Loop Boulevard in Orlando, Florida, who was last seen wearing a green jacket, black shorts, and white Crocs. Madeline has a mole on the left side of her nose and the right side of her chin.​

Madeline ‘Maddie’ Soto was last seen on Monday, one day after she and her family celebrated her 13th birthday. Maddie’s mother, Jenn Soto, said surveillance video shows Maddie hanging out in a church parking lot on February 26 after being dropped off for school, but she never made it inside.

Jenn Soto said sheriff’s deputies are using K9s and a piece of Maddie’s clothing to try to track her scent near Town Loop Boulevard.

continued at link.
(Her mother says that she forgot to take her phone that morning, but that isn't unusual.)

13 year old Madeline Soto is missing. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office said Madeline Soto was last seen Monday around 8:30 a.m. near Town Loop Boulevard and Hunter’s Park Lane.
According to the flyer, she wore a green sweatshirt, black shorts and white Crocs.

Madeline has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Madeline’s mother’s life partner said he dropped her off not far from Hunter’s Creek Middle School and wanted to walk the rest of the way.
“In my heart, I feel like somebody took her. This isn’t like her to just pick up and run away or just not go to school,” said Soto.

Soto said the family celebrated Madeline’s 13th birthday over the weekend, which was the last conversation she had with her daughter before she went missing.
She said there were no arguments or indications that she was upset, and it’s unlike Maddy to skip school or not return home.

Soto said Maddy left her phone at home before leaving for school, which she does often.

Anyone with information should contact the Orange County Sheriff’s Office at 407-836-4357.

Attachments

• IMG_5711.jpeg
    IMG_5711.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5709.jpeg
    IMG_5709.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5708.jpeg
    IMG_5708.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5707.jpeg
    IMG_5707.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 76
13 year old Madeline Soto is missing. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office said Madeline Soto was last seen Monday around 8:30 a.m. near Town Loop Boulevard and Hunter’s Park Lane.
According to the flyer, she wore a green sweatshirt, black shorts and white Crocs.

Madeline has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Madeline’s mother’s life partner said he dropped her off not far from Hunter’s Creek Middle School and wanted to walk the rest of the way.
“In my heart, I feel like somebody took her. This isn’t like her to just pick up and run away or just not go to school,” said Soto.

Soto said the family celebrated Madeline’s 13th birthday over the weekend, which was the last conversation she had with her daughter before she went missing.
She said there were no arguments or indications that she was upset, and it’s unlike Maddy to skip school or not return home.

Soto said Maddy left her phone at home before leaving for school, which she does often.

Anyone with information should contact the Orange County Sheriff’s Office at 407-836-4357.
So many things not to like about this. . No phone. Dropped off ‘not far’ from school. For some reason that little nugget bugs me. There’s confirmation that she did not indeed make it to school, based on the last seen. What 13 yo girl often leaves her phone at home? So many hinky meters sounding off. Praying she’ll be home soon and safe.

(waves at chasing - big fan! Good to see you here).

On Tuesday, the Orange County Sheriff's Office launched a massive search effort to locate the missing teen. According to OCSO, more than 50 members of their emergency response team were investigating various areas.

"The Orange County Sheriff's Office is concerned for Madeline's safety, and our teams have been working around the clock in this investigation. We will send out any substantive updates as we get them," OCSO said in a statement.

* oh, 13 years old. big response. must be serious :(

I can go several ways on this one and none of them are good.

I can't imagine a teen leaving home without their phone unless they were unable to take it for some reason or...she was instructed to leave it at home.

I imagine that they are scouring through her social media contacts and internet searches right about now.

MOO

I can go several ways on this one and none of them are good.

I can't imagine a teen leaving home without their phone unless they were unable to take it for some reason or...she was instructed to leave it at home.

I imagine that they are scouring through her social media contacts and internet searches right about now.

MOO

This was where my brain went. Talking to someone online who claimed to be someone they aren't, or even are who they said they are, but who talked her into skipping school and meeting up with them. If there is surveillance of her in the church parking lot before school, I hope they are checking the cars coming and going in that area too.

So many things not to like about this. . No phone. Dropped off ‘not far’ from school. For some reason that little nugget bugs me. There’s confirmation that she did not indeed make it to school, based on the last seen. What 13 yo girl often leaves her phone at home? So many hinky meters sounding off. Praying she’ll be home soon and safe.

(waves at chasing - big fan! Good to see you here).
Hey there! I appreciate it. I am concerned for this child as well as the other one I just posted about - E'Minie Hughes. They've spelled her name wrong in each article I've read, no alert issued. :(

This was where my brain went. Talking to someone online who claimed to be someone they aren't, or even are who they said they are, but who talked her into skipping school and meeting up with them. If there is surveillance of her in the church parking lot before school, I hope they are checking the cars coming and going in that area too.
I’m wondering a lot about the church parking lot. Where is the church in relation to the school and where she was dropped off “not far from the school”. Was she hanging out there alone? That would make me think she was waiting for someone. Also was it unusual for her to ask to be, or actually be dropped off before they reached the school? The phone is very concerning even though her mother says she often forgets it…..

I’m wondering a lot about the church parking lot. Where is the church in relation to the school and where she was dropped off “not far from the school”. Was she hanging out there alone? That would make me think she was waiting for someone. Also was it unusual for her to ask to be, or actually be dropped off before they reached the school? The phone is very concerning even though her mother says she often forgets it…..
When I was in school, sometimes kids would have their parents drop them off a close distance away from the school so they could meet up/walk with friends the rest of the way.... It doesn't strike me as super unusual. Or perhaps her parents would drop her at the parking lot for the bus to gather her and other kids? Unsure on context....

When I was in school, sometimes kids would have their parents drop them off a close distance away from the school so they could meet up/walk with friends the rest of the way.... It doesn't strike me as super unusual. Or perhaps her parents would drop her at the parking lot for the bus to gather her and other kids? Unsure on context....
I agree with this. It happens a lot in my area too where kids get dropped off at the gas station across the street to meet up with friends before school. Even in my neighborhood (walking distance from schools), groups of kids meet at the park and walk the rest of the way together.

They are quite close, but it involves crossing a major roadway on foot. It does sound like a planned meetup, but if she was caught on video hanging in the church parking lot, wasn’t she caught walking off or meeting someone or getting into a vehicle?
As an aside, according to her mother, she often leaves her phone at home. Also, it is not totally uncommon for a young teen to ask to be dropped off a bit away from a school by a parent. Sometimes they feel embarrassed or fear being called a “baby” by peers. She just turned 13, an age when young teens want to begin exerting their independence.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 56
Town Loop Blvd. goes under the 417, so she didn't have to cross that roadway. I do agree that it seems she was waiting around for someone. Either friends to walk with or someone else.

Photos from Orange County on twitter ( ) look like they are searching a green space, maybe the Shingle Creek area behind the school (this is just a guess, but that's what it looks like to me) - there is a trail head behind the school but it is usually closed during the day if I remember correctly. You have to park in the school parking lot to access it from that location so I think that is why they don't open it during the school day.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — A large search party gathered Wednesday morning to look for a missing 13-year-old girl in Orange County.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office said a variety of teams, including more than 50 members of its Emergency Response Team, are searching for the missing girl in the area of Osprey Park.

Channel 9 has a crew at the search site and will provide updates on Eyewitness News.

What 13 yo girl often leaves her phone at home?
I got my first non-Nokia type phone at 13. I took great care of it as I knew how valuable/important it was, but in the first few months I had it, I remember leaving it a home a few times (and once in my school locker) as I wasn't accustomed to having one. So, I see what you're saying, but it's still very possible. Preteens are often very forgetful in general.

forgive as I have not read every article yet but is there independent confirmation of what her mother has said was seen on video? Verified sighting of her being dropped off, or is this hearsay?

ETA: No, went and read what's been reported so far and do not see confirmation yet. just curious about where to look. I hope Madeline is safe and home soon.

search-1.jpg

Madeline "Maddie" Soto is a 13-year-old girl who was reported missing this week. She was reported missing on Tuesday after she was last seen at around 8:30 a.m. on Monday in the area of Town Loop Boulevard and Hunter's Park Lane in Orlando.

She had just celebrated her 13th birthday with her family on Sunday, her mother Jenn told FOX 35. Surveillance video shows Soto hanging out in a church parking lot on Monday after being dropped off for school, but she never made it inside, her mom said

search-1.jpg

Madeline "Maddie" Soto is a 13-year-old girl who was reported missing this week. She was reported missing on Tuesday after she was last seen at around 8:30 a.m. on Monday in the area of Town Loop Boulevard and Hunter's Park Lane in Orlando.

She had just celebrated her 13th birthday with her family on Sunday, her mother Jenn told FOX 35. Surveillance video shows Soto hanging out in a church parking lot on Monday after being dropped off for school, but she never made it inside, her mom said
She looks like a younger version of my cousin. It stabs me in the heart everytime I see her photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph