Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah something else that bothers me…why did mom say she didn’t find anything on her daughter’s laptop or phone that would indicate where she would have gone, but when police went thru the devices they notated the “living in the woods” text right away?

I know neither Audrii nor Madeline would have been saved by schools chasing up attendance immediately but sooner or later it would make a critical life saving difference. A and M are almost the warning alarms of why its so important and I hope it changes everywhere before there is a case where a child could have been saved from harm if parents had been called at 9am vs 5pm

The details in the arrest warrant are disturbing. This guy is pure evil. So glad he is a horrible criminal who left a path of evidence with a big spotlight on it for LEO’s to find.

For those who want to spare themselves from reading the horror…
This monster deliberately recorded explicit photos and videos of himself with a child. The child in the videos has been identified and their name redacted. He has been identified in the videos based on his unique skin markings.

This is starting to sound like he was already on the road to, or just heading down the path of trafficking or distribution?

I swear I read that she reported her missing at 8pm. I'll have to find the article. But, she did say that she had driven to the school at "around" 4:30 and spoke with someone there, who told her that Maddie hadn't been at school that day. Plus she drove to her mom's (Maddie's grandma's) office, but I don't think she actually went inside. Between her and SS, there was a lot of driving that day, IJS.
I saw that too 8pm as time police were called. But in her too calm and Mr creep is behind her interview she says police called when she realized kid didn’t make it to school at all. That’s when she knew realized something was really wrong.

If she said that (not doubting you, I simply didn't hear it) then it makes total sense to me that it could have been coming from a device. It was difficult to identify what the sound was.
I’m pretty sure it’s an automatic pet feeder. You can record something for it to play while it releases the food. You can hear the kibble pouring into the metal dish. I almost wonder if it was Maddie’s voice on the recording because it sounded like a kid :(

Apologies if this has already been addressed. Just confused by the bolded part, from the article:
Why would he have had her visible if she was already dead? Why was he returning? Horrible ending to this case.

It is believed Madeline was killed in Kissimmee, where her family lived in an apartment, and that Sterns moved her body in the early morning hours Monday, Mina said.

"We have evidence that shows Stephen Stern’s returning to the complex and Madeline was visible in that vehicle. We believe she was already dead at that time,” the sheriff said. Authorities did not state what time that footage was captured.

Apologies if this has already been addressed. Just confused by the bolded part, from the article:
Why would he have had her visible if she was already dead? Why was he returning? Horrible ending to this case.

It is believed Madeline was killed in Kissimmee, where her family lived in an apartment, and that Sterns moved her body in the early morning hours Monday, Mina said.

"We have evidence that shows Stephen Stern’s returning to the complex and Madeline was visible in that vehicle. We believe she was already dead at that time,” the sheriff said. Authorities did not state what time that footage was captured.

Maybe he sat her in the car, sort of seat-belted sitting up with eyelids closed, then it would only "appear" to outsiders that their passenger is "sleeping". JMO

After all, he did try to claim Madeline was sleeping in the car on the way to be dropped off near school, which we now know was a complete lie.

Maybe he sat her in the car, sort of seat-belted sitting up with eyelids closed, then it would only "appear" to outsiders that their passenger is "sleeping". JMO

After all, he did try to claim Madeline was sleeping in the car on the way to be dropped off near school, which we now know was a complete lie.
I think you must be right. Very disturbing.

@investigatefred
My only question still is why would he want people to see her at that point? Hadn’t she already been reported as missing?

I’m just confused about why he was returning, and why she would be with him and visible.
The video surveillance was from early morning before school even started (not reported missing yet)

Oh yeah something else that bothers me…why did mom say she didn’t find anything on her daughter’s laptop or phone that would indicate where she would have gone, but when police went thru the devices they notated the “living in the woods” text right away?
Cops said she texted that around her birthday. Does that mean her actual birthday on Thur 2/22, or the day of her belated celebration with family on Sun 2/25? Big difference in context and/or premeditation.

I’d like to know if Maddie celebrated previous birthdays with parties where friends were invited. Or more just family get togethers.

@investigatefred
My only question still is why would he want people to see her at that point? Hadn’t she already been reported as missing?

I’m just confused about why he was returning, and why she would be with him and visible.
She was seen on camera in the car in the morning when he disposed of her backpack in the dumpster. This was many hours before she was reported missing.

Where was that said? Haven’t seen that yet, thanks.

Agreeing with @SMK777 that you are probably correct with this thought. Absolutely chilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark