AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd been feeling unsettled for a while. The whole 'i woke up and they were gone' rarely reflects reality, from what I've seen. Now, they're searching the landfill, and I actually feel physically sick.

I hope I'm wrong about where my brain is going at this point.

MOO

Sadly, it’s hard to believe he could be finding shelter from the elements, eating and drinking, sleeping for 9 days without any help.
I really can't see him leaving and disappearing, they said he was a homebody. He didn't go out alone. If he did accidentally get out I think he would have stayed outside the house, if he was happy and conformable at home. Do we know how he got to school?

I'd been feeling unsettled for a while. The whole 'i woke up and they were gone' rarely reflects reality, from what I've seen. Now, they're searching the landfill, and I actually feel physically sick.

I hope I'm wrong about where my brain is going at this point.

MOO
I am feeling/thinking the same. And a judge must believe there is probable cause in order to grant a search warrant.
IMG_8384.jpeg

View attachment 488777

*earlier report:
*as soon as mom woke up, she immediately knew Sebastian was gone & within three minutes mom called 911 (paraphrasing)
Interesting note regarding the timeframe around calling 911 paraphrased in the WSMV 4 interview. Maybe the news report takes some editorial freedom, but in the Dutchess podcast, stepdad says that once mom discovered SR was not in his bed, she searched and looked around the house for awhile, then mom called the stepdad and then it was the stepdad who actually called LE. It may be nothing and often news tends to position storylines to be more sensational - but I thought it interesting to note (imo).

I, personally, would not have noticed anything different, except perhaps a look of innocence, but I think it's natural for a parent or sibling of an autistic person to be more in tune with the nuances that might suggest the person is autistic.

I just hope Sebastian is okay, but with every passing day, that hope dims a bit.
Same. Interesting to learn this. Reminds me of Tanner from the latest season of Love on the Spectrum on Netflix (greatest show on Netflix in my opinion).

Bbm.
Curious about the wording of this sentence.
What do they think happened ?

Isn't wandering away a common occurrence with kids on the spectrum ?
My neighbor babysits for a family with a teen and a younger child who are autistic and she has to be extra careful the younger one -- who has more special needs than the older one -- doesn't wander away.
It's called "elopements", iirc ?
Omo.
A lot of that info greatly depends on where they fall on the spectrum and parenting style

Can anyone recall a case where authorities searched a landfill for something other than a body?
Not in my experience of following cases. Landfill searches are very public (lots of media attention), expensive, extremely dangerous, and tend to be performed by people specifically trained for that task - looking for human remains in thousands upon thousands of tonnes of decomposing garbage. You have to have a very good reason to do one. Like to find the body of a murdered child. My first case from the start here on WS was Quinton. They searched that landfill for a month before they found him.

MOO

Not in my experience of following cases. Landfill searches are very public (lots of media attention), expensive, extremely dangerous, and tend to be performed by people specifically trained for that task - looking for human remains in thousands upon thousands of tonnes of decomposing garbage. You have to have a very good reason to do one. Like to find the body of a murdered child. My first case from the start here on WS was Quinton. They searched that landfill for a month before they found him.

MOO
I was thinking just the same. It strikes me as odd LE would even try to pass it off as just covering their bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim