TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

This video was posted today at 5:05pm central time. This is the first I've heard that the family has a PI. He isn't named in the video, but the reporter shares the PI's theory that Caleb was "taken or abducted' (which I personally take with a grain of salt).
The PI is named in this article:

‘Please pray’: College student from New Braunfels reported missing in Corpus Christi

[...]

“He was ready for the next day, ready for a normal school day,” said Randall. “He was prepping for lunch the next day; he had snacks brought to the apartment. He had been texting me and several friends different lures he was preparing to fish with after school.”

[...]

San Antonio private investigator Charlie Parker has been advising the family. He says they conducted a comprehensive social media search and tracked Caleb’s license plate.

“Wherever there are cameras, it takes a picture of that plate and sites it,” said Parker. “So, we sited the truck even though he wasn’t missing in the truck because we wanted to find out if maybe there was a different lifestyle that [his family] didn’t know about. We shared that information with his father and there was nothing unusual about where the truck was going.”

Parker says Caleb’s social media activity appeared normal too.

“The first thing to do is to call the cell phone provider and find out the last phone calls made on that phone,” said Parker. “Randy did that and I believe he gave the information to police.”

[...]

MAR 7, 2024
[...]

"There was nothing strange or out of order," Parker said. "If you remember, in this case he ordered his lunch for the next day, you know they order them the day prior. So, he ordered his lunch for the next day. He didn't take anything with him, you know; he's barefoot. He was probably apprehended. He was probably captured by someone you know taken by someone and that's what you have to look at."

[...]

While police and the Texas Search and Rescue Organization, also known as TEXSAR, were looking through the heavy brush behind the St. Helena Catholic Church on Wooldridge Road, resident Josh Johnson drove up and showed officers a video he has that he believes is connected somehow to the case.

[...]

MAR 7, 2024
[...]

"There was nothing strange or out of order," Parker said. "If you remember, in this case he ordered his lunch for the next day, you know they order them the day prior. So, he ordered his lunch for the next day. He didn't take anything with him, you know; he's barefoot. He was probably apprehended. He was probably captured by someone you know taken by someone and that's what you have to look at."

[...]

While police and the Texas Search and Rescue Organization, also known as TEXSAR, were looking through the heavy brush behind the St. Helena Catholic Church on Wooldridge Road, resident Josh Johnson drove up and showed officers a video he has that he believes is connected somehow to the case.

[...]
I hope they can get additional footage from anyone else in the area with cameras to try to track where he went.

I understand that the PI that the family hired believes that he was taken or abducted. But, he was barefoot and it was 2 am, why would someone randomly think he had any money on him and stage a robbery? And, if robbery was the motive, why not just knock him out, rob him and run. Why take all the time to hide the body?
1. Where was he all evening prior to returning and taking the dog out and ordering food?
2. What about him made his room mates believe he was in trouble so early the next day?
3. Was his phone manually turned off or just quit transmitting, can LE tell the difference?

This has Jason Landry all over it to me. MOO MOO MOO MOO

I too hear what the PI is saying- but the thing is, who on earth snatches a healthy, 21 yo man? Whoever chose to do that would have a fight on their hands- maybe they could overpower him eventually but not without making a fair amount of noise. I also take note that the roommates were very quick to sound the alarm- maybe he had something going on that parents weren't aware of? Anything is possible but I put abduction towards the bottom of the list.

MAR 7, 2024
[...]

[...]

[...]
Has it been announced to the public what was on the video?

It makes me feel very uneasy that items being searched for include a belt and tie....

I feel the same. But, the only place I heard/read about them was in the news report. I've heard no mention of either item by dad, also they are not listed on the missing person notice/poster as items he was wearing. I'm puzzled and concerned.

I too hear what the PI is saying- but the thing is, who on earth snatches a healthy, 21 yo man? Whoever chose to do that would have a fight on their hands- maybe they could overpower him eventually but not without making a fair amount of noise. I also take note that the roommates were very quick to sound the alarm- maybe he had something going on that parents weren't aware of? Anything is possible but I put abduction towards the bottom of the list.
Bolded for focus.

MOO: Not much of a fight if he was drunk or otherwise under the influence of something else.

JMO ymmv

Who saw him last at 2:45?
Are they all students in the house?
Is it OK for him to be up in the middle of the night, on a school day?
Someone else was also up in the house in the middle of the night?

Who is telling the story with the dog and him leaving the house?
Who saw him doing that?
Is everything OK with all roommates and life in the house??

Last edited:
I'm reaching here but any chance he had to dress up for that certain class? Tie/belt? Maybe he had dress shoes on that the roommates might not have looked for? I just recall my son having to dress up a bit for a business class, Khaki's nice shirt etc. What time was his class? Did he belong in any study groups? He had planned to go fishing after class and ordered his meal for that day, I keep thinking he knew he was going to be leaving early and prepped himself to get home, change, eat fish etc. Just a thought. IMO

Who saw him last at 2:45?
Are they all students in the house?
Is it OK for him to be up in the middle of the night, on a school day?
Someone else was also up in the house in the middle of the night?

Who is telling the story with the dog and him leaving the house?
Who saw him doing that?
Is everything OK with all roomates and life in the house??
I don't find it uncommon for them to be up at this hour assuming they are all college students. It's finals for the 7 week course and mid-terms for the full semester courses, so studying this late doesn't seem odd. Bars here also close at 2am which would track with staying until closing, getting a ride home, possibly stopping for drunk food, and then letting the dog out before bed. I know it was a Sunday or Monday, but he's 21 and it's possible his friends are just now having birthdays that they are going out to celebrate despite the day of the week. We don't know his activities prior to disappearing so it's all speculation on what could have happened.

Another poster asked about him having to dress nice for something... I see a lot of fratnerity guys around here (not TAMCC) who have to wear a blazer, slacks, belt & tie for certain events, dates, etc. so that also could make sense if he was part of or trying to become part of a student group. Also adding this here, Monday's are often days when student groups have evening meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member