TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am coming to the point of believing this is self harm or substance issues because if it was abduction or violence LE would be warning/reassuring others in the complex as to their safety.
The way everything in the way of information has totally shut down has me thinking that this is private and personal and the family would like it to be that way. MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO !!!!!
But what about the PI and his theory?
Why going public on day 3 with father backing him? Only 2 days ago?
I'm so wondering!

Last edited:
Bolded for focus.

MOO: Not much of a fight if he was drunk or otherwise under the influence of something else.

JMO ymmv
We don't have any evidence that he was intoxicated. Not to say that it's not possible- it's a college campus, after all!- but that's not been stated by LE or the PI that I'm aware of.

Being from Corpus myself, I can tell you a few things.
Spring Break is gonna have all the police dept tied up, in addition to the rest of the crime in the city. The west side is a cess pool. Like most departments, they are short handed and not well trained in missing persons cases. The roommates have to be being hammered by investigators. Hopefully this doesn't switch to a homicide case. There are plenty of places around there to hide a body if someone had the knowledge and motivation.

Nothing about the food deliveries/orders is unusual to me. I know of several people - and they are adults and not college kids - who use Uber Eats or one of its competitors to deliver a coffee drink from Starbucks, an order of fries from McDonald's, or similarly small deliveries. I think especially for college students, this would be just as if not more common. So I think ordering snacks (which could also mean several items of food/snacks) would not be weird. Also I took the lunch thing to mean he ordered ahead but the food would either be ready for pick-up or delivered at lunch time that Monday.

As far as being barefoot, that makes me think something like, he ran outside to meet someone. Maybe a friend texted or otherwise communicated with him to say "Hey I'm outside your place. Can you come out?" to chat/exchange something etc. If he already took off his shoes and was getting undressed for the night, perhaps he just ran out without shoes and with phone in hand. Another scenario I was curious about was running out to grab something from his truck. I know his truck and keys are not with him. But I'd be curious to know if the truck was locked or unlocked. It could be, depending where he parks, he could unlock the truck from his apartment and then just run out to grab something without having to have his keys on him. I also know some people who never lock their cars.

Now with either of my theories, the question is, what happened to him? Foul play comes to mind but then of course it's, well what's the motive and how did it happen? MOO

As a mom of a son the same age as Caleb this story scares me so much, How does a bright young man just dissappear w/ out a trace? Especially with all the cameras around today, if it was self-harm they would've found him by now, This poor poor family, I pray for his safe return, But how? Where is he ??

SNIPPED Denise Hall, the mother of one of Harris’ other roommates, said in a Facebook post that Harris was walking his dog on Monday around 2:45 a.m.
“He took his dog for a walk, brought the dog back in and stepped back out of the apartment possibly to pick up Uber Eats or one of those type of things to pick up food for Tuesday at school,” she wrote on a missing persons page. “His phone was off by 3am and has never come back on. His wallet, keys and vehicle are all in his apartment. It took a while in my opinion, but CC Police were out there yesterday searching the area, bringing in drones, and dirt bikes too.”

Hall added that Harris’ family “have been working for days to find him and coordinate the search,” and Harris’ friends and roommates “went to businesses all over [the] Corpus area and put out flyers and spoke to people” on Tuesday

I'm bringing this forward because it was reported about going out to pick up food for Tuesday. Has anything been verified regarding the food order/restaurant etc? It was 2:45am and this comment is from the roommates mom. IMO

Exactly. Would it be possible for Caleb to walk even a mile at night barefoot? And more miles and go so far away?
IMO Should he be around the Complex or not very far?
Is it OK with him to go outside barefoot? (Did some search and found that many are pretty proud to do that all the time, even in the city.)
In my early 20's I used to walk barefoot all the time in warm months, carrying my mocs with me to put on whenever. I'm wondering why they have no video showing which way this young man set out? Are there no ring cameras or surveilance in the complex he lived in or the neighboring areas?

There have been discrepancies in one issue which to me would point the investigation in different directions - I initially heard on the news that Caleb took the dog out for a brief walk (according to the times that his father stated), brought the dog back to his apartment then immediately went back outside. Now I’m hearing that the father is saying Caleb took the dog out and the dog returned to the apartment alone.

Hoping the videos that a few locals are sharing will lead LE to a theory in his disappearance. That very well may be happening right now but they’re keeping very tight lipped about it. From the start there has been a huge LE presence
That's what I'd read in the begginning, he took the dog for a walk and dog came back alone. Now I'm hearing he took the dog out, came back inside with the dog and then went back outside with his phone to possibly wait on a food delivery? Which is correct?

What explains the last sighting being at DAWN Monday morning? About 2:30 in on this video.

If he was spotted around dawn that morning, 6:30-ish am, that's 3 1/2 hours after his phone was powered off. I wonder if it was in that video that man JJ had and if so where abouts that was in relation to The Cottages? You could walk pretty far in 3 1/2 hrs...even barefoot.

That's what I'd read in the begginning, he took the dog for a walk and dog came back alone. Now I'm hearing he took the dog out, came back inside with the dog and then went back outside with his phone to possibly wait on a food delivery? Which is correct?
Yes, a lot of conflicting information I’ve read/heard regarding both of those statements too and depending on which it is it makes a huge difference in what direction the investigation goes. Also, was the food delivery at 3am Monday or as the father initially reported was it to be delivered later that day? I would imagine the food delivery issue could be verified pretty easily. If not to retrieve his delivery, what would make Caleb go back outside? We’re getting very little info from LE

Yes, a lot of conflicting information I’ve read/heard regarding both of those statements too and depending on which it is it makes a huge difference in what direction the investigation goes. Also, was the food delivery at 3am Monday or as the father initially reported was it to be delivered later that day? I would imagine the food delivery issue could be verified pretty easily. If not to retrieve his delivery, what would make Caleb go back outside? We’re getting very little info from LE
Makes me wonder if he ever left The Cottages complex. Is it just Corpus Christi PD looking for this young man or has the state sent in help?

Nothing about the food deliveries/orders is unusual to me. I know of several people - and they are adults and not college kids - who use Uber Eats or one of its competitors to deliver a coffee drink from Starbucks, an order of fries from McDonald's, or similarly small deliveries. I think especially for college students, this would be just as if not more common. So I think ordering snacks (which could also mean several items of food/snacks) would not be weird. Also I took the lunch thing to mean he ordered ahead but the food would either be ready for pick-up or delivered at lunch time that Monday.

As far as being barefoot, that makes me think something like, he ran outside to meet someone. Maybe a friend texted or otherwise communicated with him to say "Hey I'm outside your place. Can you come out?" to chat/exchange something etc. If he already took off his shoes and was getting undressed for the night, perhaps he just ran out without shoes and with phone in hand. Another scenario I was curious about was running out to grab something from his truck. I know his truck and keys are not with him. But I'd be curious to know if the truck was locked or unlocked. It could be, depending where he parks, he could unlock the truck from his apartment and then just run out to grab something without having to have his keys on him. I also know some people who never lock their cars.

Now with either of my theories, the question is, what happened to him? Foul play comes to mind but then of course it's, well what's the motive and how did it happen? MOO

Good ideas @MntnHiker, and I'll add another possibility. If he went outside a second time, it may've been because his dog left something he needed to pick up. IOW, maybe Caleb didn't have a poo bag when he took the dog out, had to retrieve one from the apt, and then went back outside to use it... MOO

Last edited:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to no approved source>

I'm afraid there is something else going on here. Telling his dad about the snacks he ordered was odd. Maybe an upbeat statement made to show a "future event" so Dad would think all was well. And as a caring Dad, why would he want to think otherwise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members