Found Alive AL - ADB, 10, Blountsville, 10 March 2024 *arrest*

The updated photos fit the height/weight description better. I have an almost 11 year old (next month) and she is 5' and 67lbs. She is in between the 50th and 75th percentile for height, but the 5th percentile in weight. She's always been long and lean like that though.

I'll be honest though, that last photo on the flyer makes me wonder if she was presenting herself as older than she is or was targeted by someone older based on her development.

ADB was last seen on Joy Road in Blountsville early in the morning of March 10. Police say she left a note announcing her intention to run away.

There must be a reason, and a little girl like that, who looks like that, it can't be good. Wondering if she met someone online who saw her pictures and assumed she was older.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly an unusually small missing window, especially for that time of day/night.

Known to be in the house between 1:30-2 am and then reported missing to LE at 3 am AFTER the family conducted an initial search themselves.

Assuming the times are truly correct, at most she had a 90 minute head start - and that's going with the earliest last seen time and the 911 call time - not whatever time prior to that the family initially noticed her missing and started looking for her.

I wonder if they heard something which prompted them to apparently be checking on her twice in such a very small window of time?

Alexa Bliss was last known to be at her Blountsville home on Joy Road between 1:30 a.m. and 2 a.m. Sunday.

<snip>

According to Blount County EMA, authorities were alerted to ADB’s disappearance at about 3 a.m. Sunday, after family conducted an initial search for an unknown amount of time and then contacted 911.
https://www.al.com/news/2024/03/missing-blount-county-girl-10-left-note-saying-she-was-running-away-drones-deployed-in-search.htm

Certainly an unusually small missing window, especially for that time of day/night.

Known to be in the house between 1:30-2 am and then reported missing to LE at 3 am AFTER the family conducted an initial search themselves.

Assuming the times are truly correct, at most she had a 90 minute head start - and that's going with the earliest last seen time and the 911 call time - not whatever time prior to that the family initially noticed her missing and started looking for her.

I wonder if they heard something which prompted them to apparently be checking on her twice in such a very small window of time?

From article above...

"At this stage of the investigation, we do not believe ADB is in imminent danger,’’ EMA said in a statement.

MOO This statement is worth noting. At 10 years old and alone at 2am+, I don't see how she wouldn't be considered in danger. Perhaps LE has more information leading them to believe she is with an adult and relatively safe? Has she runaway previously?

Please let her be found safe and given support. MOO

From article above...

"At this stage of the investigation, we do not believe ADB is in imminent danger,’’ EMA said in a statement.

MOO This statement is worth noting. At 10 years old and alone at 2am+, I don't see how she wouldn't be considered in danger. Perhaps LE has more information leading them to believe she is with an adult and relatively safe? Has she runaway previously?

Please let her be found safe and given support. MOO
Thought it was an unusual phrase but was wondering if it was phrased so as not to 'spook' someone?

Moo

I really hope she's at someone's house and maybe they think they are protecting her from something, mainly her family. It is pretty crazy that they narrowed her missing window down so close. Her parents must have been checking on her to notice her missing in the middle of the night. Maybe they were checking on her because they had been recently fighting. She's so young. I really hope she's safe.

I wonder if they have a security system that notifies them of movements? Maybe they got an alert on their phone that woke them? Or if she was actually seen between 130 and 2, maybe they weren’t sleeping yet and got them alert and then went to check for her?

Law enforcement is using everything from drones to helicopters to K-9s to help find her. WBRC Fox 6 News watched as the K-9 team walked the streets surrounding her home on Joy Road.

Charity Graves, ADB’ mom, says on Sunday morning her boyfriend heard someone walk through the house before opening the back door.

“He noticed the door, the dead bolt was locked but it was pulled so it didn’t shut all the way,” she says. “He opened the door. He stepped outside on the patio porch and he didn’t see anything.”

“From the time that she walked out the door and by the time that we realized she was gone. If she was walking, we would have found her when we went to look for her and we didn’t so I think somebody might have picked her up,” says Graves.

Police are classifying ADB as a runaway and say they don’t believe she is in immediate danger, citing a note that was left behind.

Graves says the note said the young girl wanted to try to find her biological dad who lives in Tennessee, adding she hasn’t seen him in a few years. She says that man has been contacted and is heading down here to help search.

As far as she knew, Graves wasn’t aware that ADB wanted to see her biological dad.

More at link.

BLOUNT COUNTY, Ala. (WBRC) - The Blountsville Police Department said on social media Tuesday morning that ADB had been found and is safe.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

A 10-year-old Blount County girl missing since early Sunday has been located and a person is in custody.

The Blountsville Police Department made the announcement Tuesday morning.

ADB was found overnight in Blount County and is in a safe place, authorities said.

“An arrest has been made in the case of ADB disappearance. Warrants will be obtained for numerous charges and the suspect is currently being held in the Blount County Jail,” Blountsville police said.

“The circumstances of ADB’s disappearance are currently under thorough investigation, and we ask for your understanding as we will not be providing further details at this time.”

:mad: :mad:

In a statement later Tuesday morning, the BPD said an arrest has been made in the case of her disappearance and that warrants will be obtained for numerous charges.

According to Blountsville Police Chief Shane Best, the man arrested is Johnny Chandler, who is charged with rape in the first degree and interference with custody. He is currently being held in the Blount County Jail.

Blount County Inmates -- his picture and booking data are here:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back