Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I can easily see how this situation might have unfolded as a pure accident. He's intoxicated, meant to be heading back to the hotel but got turned around. He needs to heed a call of nature after all that drinking, and where better to go than by the river where no one will see him? He heads down, realizes he can't see where he's going without some light, so he reaches into his pocket to pull out his phone, dislodging his bank card that he stashed in there at the bar. At some point he slips and enters the water, and that was that. :(

IMO, MOO, etc., etc.
Let's say you're right or close for the sake of discussion. If you're right that means that his bank card has been on that embankment counting today, nine days.
The Nashville PD have made it known it's been an all hands on deck search since he's been missing. Why did it take a group that's not law enforcement to find his bank card? Seems like LE would've already searched that area since it's a known he went missing hear the river.

Per WSMV

"The search team used climbing gear to rappel down through the brush on the bank while other crews in boats used sonar to look in the water."

Last edited:
Let's say you're right or close for the sake of discussion. If you're right that means that his bank card has been on that embankment counting today, nine days.
The Nashville PD have made it known it's been an all hands on deck search since he's been missing. Why did it take a group that's not law enforcement to find his bank card? Seems like LE would've already searched that area since it's a known he went missing hear the river.
That area is completely littered with trash. Law enforcement was probably more focused on finding his body than something like that.

That being said, we’ve seen professional searchers miss bodies in areas where bodies are ultimately found. If that happens, it’s not surprising to see this happen.

That area is completely littered with trash. Law enforcement was probably more focused on finding his body than something like that.

That being said, we’ve seen professional searchers miss bodies in areas where bodies are ultimately found. If that happens, it’s not surprising to see this happen.

Nashville PD assembled their words a "rescue team" to find Strain. I think it's fair for citizens to expect them to be thorough.
Per WSMV

"The search team used climbing gear to rappel down through the brush on the bank while other crews in boats used sonar to look in the water."

Who are the 'advocates on TikTok'? I wonder if they found the cc as part of an official search? Very thankful to these folks for finding this key item. Could be volunteers? MOO
what does the term, 'advocates on TikTok" even mean?

TikTok video linked in this article

MAR 17, 2024
Missing Mizzou student’s bank card found Sunday afternoon | Kansas City Star
Police said in a tweet Sunday afternoon that Riley’s bank card was found on the embankment between Gay Street and the Cumberland River. Chris Dingman, a family friend for over 40 years, told The Star it was found by TikTok users who have taken an interest in the case. He referred to them as TikTok investigators. A segment of a livestream posted by one of the creators shows the moment when one of them found the card .

Right, we have a whole multi-page thread here of cases in which bodies were found in areas that had been extensively searched by law enforcement, dogs, etc. (If Websleuths has taught me anything, it's that bodies are incredibly hard to find even when you're well-trained and actively looking for them in the right spot.) It doesn't surprise me at all that searchers could miss something the size of a credit card.

The terrain where the girls found his card looked pretty rocky and steep. I'd be surprised if he were able to make it down without falling again and hitting his head on the (what looked pretty sharp) rocks, leaving blood or tissue matter
I do still wonder if it washed up. Seems they were close to the water when it was found and it’s been said huge barges and such travel that river, creating quite a churning of the water. Wouldn’t be surprised if the small “waves” created from such boats push up several feet along the shoreline.

I do still wonder if it washed up. Seems they were close to the water when it was found and it’s been said huge barges and such travel that river, creating quite a churning of the water. Wouldn’t be surprised if the small “waves” created from such boats push up several feet along the shoreline.
I was thinking the same, but that seemed like the right location for him to have gone in based on the video and last phone ping. So if the card washed up, logically (I think), it should have washed up further downstream.

I live in Atlanta. There have been several documented instances lately of men being roofied at bars in Buckhead. The criminals use the person’s phone (after using the facial recognition) to transfer thousands of dollars to their own CashApps and Venmo. Not to accuse anyone, but I have wondered if the bartenders are in on it from the start, and get a cut of whatever money the criminals get.

some bartenders are definitely in on it
I know from personal experience

BBM. Considering Riley fell down walking across a flat parking lot, I find it highly unlikely he was able to stumble all the way down a rocky embankment before falling into a river and disappearing. That makes no sense whatsoever.

I think LE needs to pay more attention to the homeless encampments where several people claim they saw him but don't know where he went.

JMO
I’m not sure I understand the logic here. If he fell down flat walking across flat pavement, it would be even easier for him to tumble down a steep embankment.

I've been looking up some info on the Cumberland River.
some points.

"The area where Strain was last seen was in a brushy area with cliffs that would make it nearly impossible for the missing student to have fallen into the river.... (hmmmm)

"Undertows can be present anytime there is wind and strong currents in river systems. However, typically through the downtown area, the river is narrow, and the river current is the greater danger.

Water velocity on March 8, when Strain was last seen, was measured at 3.81 feet per second, according to United States Geological Survey (USGS) data. Velocity peaked at 10:30 a.m. on March 9, when it was measured at 4.0 feet per second.

On March 8, the USGS reported that the river was 24.66 feet deep at 10 p.m.

Cumberland's current runs west and northwest through Nashville

It could be weeks or longer, if he's ever found at all. That's the nature of bodies in rivers.
Yup. It would be luck if he’s found quickly. Bodies in moving water can be dragged quickly downstream, caught under tree roots or deposited under brush and trash on the banks somewhere.

I hate this for his family.

The business said Riley purchased and served a drink plus two waters. What <modsnip> boy goes to Nashville on a special trip and orders water? He's chugging back water due to dehydration caused by too much alcohol. moo

We may never see the interior footage of Riley inside Bryan's. I don't need to see it to know he probably fell down in that place so they cut him off. Perhaps he fell down or caused some other chaotic event like bumped into a waitress carrying a tray filled with cocktails. The bar TOS are listed online. The pubs are tolerant until they're not. It's beginning to look like foul play may have been involved. Such a tragic event for all who love him.

GrayHughes has a chilling short video, taken from a livestream, showing a figure running away 2 minutes after Riley's last ping location. Maybe someone here can recall the clothes and such of any other features you've seen in Riley's cctvs that may closely align with this shadowy figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't consider Tik Tok a reliable source because they pay for videos based on number of views.

JMO
I mean, they found the card on camera, and law enforcement said the card had been found. They’ve been interviewed by at least one outlet thus far.

So I’m not understanding the point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant