Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing this MSM article...I've extracted and highlighted the details surrounding his disappearance Friday night. (bbm)

Riley Strain, a 22-year old student at the University of Missouri, was in town for what was supposed to be a fun weekend for a formal along with 200 other members of his fraternity. But unfortunately, at around 10pm on Friday, Strain got separated from the rest of his group at Luke Bryan’s 32 Bridge bar, and hasn’t been seen since.

According to posts on social media, Strain’s phone was last tracked to an area near Public Square Park, a few blocks from Broadway and near a bridge crossing the Cumberland River, at 9:53 PM on Friday. But since then, the phone has been shut off and Strain hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

Last edited:
Here's an MSM report from Fox17 Nashville. This report states that RS was kicked-out of Luke Bryan's Bar...extracted and bbm.

"Strain's friends told police they lost sight of him around 10 p.m. after he was told to leave Luke Bryan's bar at 301 Broadway."

In addition, Verizon reported the below regarding his last ping location. (bbm)

"Verizon Wireless, Riley's service provider, was not able to get a live phone ping due to the phone being off," police wrote. "However, Verizon provided police with the last known location of Riley's phone. [It] last pinged .64 miles southwest of the cell tower located at 19 Oldham Street."

Riley Strain, 22, of Springfield, Misssouri, was last seen at about 10 p.m. Friday in downtown Nashville, according to a missing poster circulating online. Strain is a member of the Delta Chi fraternity at MU, according to one of his social media profiles.
Riley Strain

A Nashville police missing persons report says Strain was kicked out of Luke Bryan's bar before he disappeared.

thanks ... do you have a link to the article? it's not in the first post
May be an image of map and text that says '10:40 LTE Riley Last updated ar rant ago GாFL Church Clarion Elrod' Beer & Kitchen Resta FIRST AVEN NFRSTST MAINS nial lall k Nashville Muncpal Auditorium RUSS Public Square Park Jackson Building Tennessee Performing Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse TITANS WAY Love ya! ETA? f1 Puckett's T What's up? VICTO R Riley No network or phone off Since 9:53 pm yesterday Get Directions 6 min drive to Riley Weekly Driver Report'

According to posts on social media, Strain’s phone was last tracked to an area near Public Square Park, a few blocks from Broadway and near a bridge crossing the Cumberland River, at 9:53 PM on Friday. But since then, the phone has been shut off and Strain hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

The location where his phone last pinged is near the Nashville jail, but Riley’s family and friends say that the police have searched the local jails and hospitals with no sign of their missing loved one

Here's an MSM report from Fox17 Nashville. This report states that RS was kicked-out of Luke Bryan's Bar...extracted and bbm.

"Strain's friends told police they lost sight of him around 10 p.m. after he was told to leave Luke Bryan's bar at 301 Broadway."

In addition, Verizon reported the below regarding his last ping location. (bbm)

"Verizon Wireless, Riley's service provider, was not able to get a live phone ping due to the phone being off," police wrote. "However, Verizon provided police with the last known location of Riley's phone. [It] last pinged .64 miles southwest of the cell tower located at 19 Oldham Street."

That's rough. Sounds like he was kicked out and none of his brothers followed him.

Nashville Fox 17 reporter Kelly Avellino shared this map that shows RS last phone ping (established in earlier posts) in correlation to the bar (Luke's 32 Bridge) and the hotel where the fraternity brothers were staying. The last phone ping, unfortunately, is in the opposite direction of the hotel if maybe SR was planning to go back to his room after being asked to leave the bar.

Attachments

• 432333455_940855757404651_1291448864430129950_n.jpg
    432333455_940855757404651_1291448864430129950_n.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 129
Nashville Fox 17 reporter Kelly Avellino shared this map that shows RS last phone ping (established in earlier posts) in correlation to the bar (Luke's 32 Bridge) and the hotel where the fraternity brothers were staying. The last phone ping, unfortunately, is in the opposite direction of the hotel if maybe SR was planning to go back to his room after being asked to leave the bar.
He might've gotten turned around, it's very easy to do in the city. I have family that lives in the city and they have my whole life so I have spent a good amount of time there. All along the river and where the park is in the city there is a fence that lines the cliff to the water, there are gates along the way under the woodland bridge and the other 41 bridge about a block away. There are signs stating "24 hour police surveillance and prohibited" because it was a terribly shady place years and years ago even when the park was there. I wonder if the signs are true.

I ran to Google maps to see if I could share a shot of what I'm talking about...

If he was on woodland bridge and went over, he would've had to climb over a railing.

I will also say, these areas are usually pretty busy, even late at night, maybe not near as busy as early in the evening, but usually the park and surrounding is full of all sorts of characters.

Of course, all omo!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311-185144.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311-185144.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 184
Woof I’m pretty sure the ping happened when he was on the bridge. I wonder if there is any insight into his mental health. Why was he asked to leave the bar?
Nashville bars are notorious for "bouncing" people out for a ton of reasons, from getting too loud, being cut off, standing on the dance floor, breaking up line dances even, to more serious infractions like being too drunk to stand or for being bilgerent. Just things I've heard and witnessed, so only my opinion! It's been years since I've gone "out to downtown" like that, so maybe some things have changed but I think it's more than likely worse because it has only grown as a tourist town.

This MSM report from KOLR 10 - Ozarks First News includes a better time of Friday night when SR went missing along with audio / transcription of the 911 call when fraternity brothers reported him missing.

Here's an updated MSM report from Nashville Fox 17...I've extracted and highlighted a couple points that were not shared earlier. (bbm)

"The bar staff felt he had too much to drink, according to his family. Strain's stepfather Chris Whiteid said there was no hostility. The bartender said he had been overserved...He (Riley) was trying to pay his tab.”

"He told his friends he’d walk back to their hotel, the Tempo by Hilton, about five blocks away. When Strain’s friends returned to the hotel later that night, they assumed he was in another room...when they realized Strain had not returned, they called his parents and police."

Here's an updated MSM report from Nashville Fox 17...I've extracted and highlighted a couple points that were not shared earlier. (bbm)

"The bar staff felt he had too much to drink, according to his family. Strain's stepfather Chris Whiteid said there was no hostility. The bartender said he had been overserved...He (Riley) was trying to pay his tab.”

"He told his friends he’d walk back to their hotel, the Tempo by Hilton, about five blocks away. When Strain’s friends returned to the hotel later that night, they assumed he was in another room...when they realized Strain had not returned, they called his parents and police."

Noting:
  • Strain’s phone pinged on the Life360 and Snapchat apps, and from Verizon’s tower about 30 to 45 minutes after he left the bar. His phone has not been active since.
  • Verizon provided police with the last known location of Riley's phone. [It] last pinged 0.64 miles southwest of the cell tower located at 19 Oldham Street.
  • Metro Police say they're working on getting surveillance video from Broadway and the surrounding area.
  • Strain's family says they're also waiting for court paperwork, so they can get access to his bank card transactions and Apple Watch.

Will the Apple watch have his # of steps and heartbeats stored in the cloud? I think my DD does that for fitness reasons.

Let's go back to the bar. He was kicked out while trying to pay his bill. The bartender had cut him off from having any more cocktails as he'd been overserved (liability?).

Here's the kicker: His buddies let him leave alone while highly intoxicated. Ladies don't leave their friends alone and guys shouldn't either. Ever.

His "vacation buddies" his frat bros return to their hotel and Riley is not there. Why are they surprised?

18 Hours Ago
MSN
MOO

“It’s so hard,” Michelle Whiteid told WSMV on Monday. “I just need to know where my son is.”

“Friday night, after they had arrived from the bus trip down from Columbia, him and some of his fraternity brothers were out and about,” Chris Whiteid said.

“At approximately 9:45 p.m., he was asked to leave Luke Bryan’s bar,” Chris Whiteid said. “They got separated. The boys called him, and he said, ‘I’m walking back to the hotel.’ They didn’t think anything about it.”

“They started going through all the fraternity brothers’ rooms. No one had him. So, at that point, they called us,” Chris Whiteid said.

“We talk every day, multiple times a day,” Michelle Whiteid said. “This is the longest I’ve ever gone without talking to him.”

“Riley is a very identifiable young man. He’s 6′7″. He’s 155 to 160 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes,” Chris Whiteid said. “We’re in a bad dream. Can we wake up? Please, just let us wake up.”

“Oh God, bud, we love you so much, and we’re all looking for you, all of us,” Michelle Whiteid said. “If anybody knows anything, please just call the police.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther