TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree Caleb may have taken a walk if his boat was very close by. Was it far to the nearest coastline to where The Cottages were? If it was more than a half mile, being it was so early in the morning and he was barefoot, any father of a walk would seem not likely to me. That and he was expecting a delivery and then his phone went off shortly after he left the house after bringing the pup back inside. That's actually the most upsetting and suspicious thing about his disappearance.

Two things I like to know...was his phone physically turned off by someone or had the battery drained out because it wasn't charged? Can they tell this info from the cloud?

The other is clarification on the exact time his food was dropped at the door. Wondering why there's such a discrepancy as to the hour this happened?
Is that a guess on your part that Caleb has a boat, or is it known that he does have one? (Just asking, as I didn’t know.)

Yes, even a close family friend is saying the same:

“With permission from caleb's family, Carlisle worked with others to monitor a Facebook group that plans search efforts and post important updates.

Instead, Carlisle added that people have posted inaccurate information, false predictions and conspiracies about the Harris family.

“It’s just so I can help kind of vet the stuff that comes out," Carlisle said. "There really is a lot of information that is not accurate.” ”

(The link to the FB page referenced is in the article, but even that page Carlisle has said is by permission from Caleb’s family is very confusing to me, so I wasn’t sure about including it.)
But did the close family friend or family of Caleb post in the Facebook Group that he had been drinking and partying or just some member of the group? That's what I am wanting to know...where did the information about him/them drinking come from? TIA if you know. :) MOO

But did the close family friend or family of Caleb post in the Facebook Group that he had been drinking and partying or just some member of the group? That's what I am wanting to know...where did the information about him/them drinking come from? TIA if you know. :) MOO
Like you, I do not know. And I have trouble weeding through the posts on that family friend’s FB page dedicated to the search for Caleb to try and find out.

(Apparently, because I do not have a FB account it makes it hard. Sometimes it asks me to Log In to even view the page, even though it is a public page.)

Like you, I do not know. And I have trouble weeding through the posts on that family friend’s FB page dedicated to the search for Caleb to try and find out.

(Apparently, because I do not have a FB account it makes it hard. Sometimes it asks me to Log In to even view the page, even though it is a public page.)
I will go back and look but I do remember reading that they were drinking and playing with their new pup that night..

Caleb's smile melts my heart. The snapchat picture he sent of the bridge at 3:03am that night made my stomach drop. I know there isn't much water under that bridge, I read you can actually see the rocks below the surface of the water but the photo itself just gives me a bad vibe.

I've linked 2 articles that show the 2:44 AM snapchat to his sister, which Dad said was Caleb walking the dog and the information that shows Caleb last phone pings were most likely in the area of Rood Field Rd and South Padre Island Rd, location of Circle K store, which was open.

Dad is asking for video on Rodd Field Road which has intersections with Holly Rd and Williams Dr. This is the area of the Medical Center/Walgreens etc. At the intersection of Holly Rd and Rodd Field, is Coastal Bend Pain Management Office. So I'm thinking this is a good indicator that the last pings from the phone were in this area. This would be a mile walk from from Ennis Joslin Road. He is asking for people to check video from between 3 and 4 AM, so that fits with Caleb walking away from his apartment soon after the snap chat.

"While they do what they can, Randy Harris said, It could be helpful for anyone living with a camera doorbell or security camera in the area around Ennis Joslin Road, Holly Road, Rodd Field Road or Williams Drive, to check that footage for signs of Caleb Harris.
"Go back to the time frame -- March 4, between 2 and 3, 3 to 4 (a.m.), that two-hour time frame -- it takes 2 to 3 minutes to scan through," he said. "We're really begging for that right now because we know there's thousands of cameras out there."

Dad says at .50
2:44 sent video snapchat to sister, walking dog

I've linked 2 articles that show the 2:44 AM snapchat to his sister, which Dad said was Caleb walking the dog and the information that shows Caleb last phone pings were most likely in the area of Rood Field Rd and South Padre Island Rd, location of Circle K store, which was open.

Dad is asking for video on Rodd Field Road which has intersections with Holly Rd and Williams Dr. This is the area of the Medical Center/Walgreens etc. At the intersection of Holly Rd and Rodd Field, is Coastal Bend Pain Management Office. So I'm thinking this is a good indicator that the last pings from the phone were in this area. This would be a mile walk from from Ennis Joslin Road. He is asking for people to check video from between 3 and 4 AM, so that fits with Caleb walking away from his apartment soon after the snap chat.

"While they do what they can, Randy Harris said, It could be helpful for anyone living with a camera doorbell or security camera in the area around Ennis Joslin Road, Holly Road, Rodd Field Road or Williams Drive, to check that footage for signs of Caleb Harris.
"Go back to the time frame -- March 4, between 2 and 3, 3 to 4 (a.m.), that two-hour time frame -- it takes 2 to 3 minutes to scan through," he said. "We're really begging for that right now because we know there's thousands of cameras out there."

Dad says at .50
2:44 sent video snapchat to sister, walking dog
It’s strange though, because if he walked WNW up S. Padre Island Dr. to the Circle K / Valero, you’d think he would’ve been caught on cctv somewhere along the way.

On that side of S. Padre Island Rd. is a Mattress Firm, Corpus Christi BMW, the Security Service Federal Credit Union, and the Valero / Circle K itself. It’s hard to tell from street view, but I would think all of those establishments have cctv. Same with the businesses on Rodd Field Rd. - the Walgreens and the Medical Center, (across Rodd Field Road from the Circle K), and the McDonalds and the Urgent Care Clinic (on the same side of the road as the Circle K).

Also, maybe his parents just thought it was a given, but they didn’t specifically mention S. Padre Island Rd when they were naming the roads on which they were asking people to check their cctv cameras.

Of course CH could have taken a different route from Ennis Joslin to the area of Rodd Field Rd. / Holly Rd. / Williams Dr. (going up Holly instead of S. Padre Island Dr.), or it may be that CH’s phone was in the areas mentioned by his parents, but not CH.

Hoping he returns or is found soon.

Jmo

March 24, 2024 article

[…]

However, other pages were also created - ones not verified by the family.

Carlisle adds that people have posted inaccurate information, false predictions, and conspiracies about the Harris family.

“It’s really just so I can help kind of vet the stuff that comes out. There really is a lot of information that is not accurate,” said Carlisle.

[…]

Why would he be walking to circle k/Walgreens or whatnot barefoot. No shoes no service unless it’s a different world in that town? So weird and makes no sense
Sometimes beach or river/lake towns are different and it's normal to run in somewhere barefoot, but I agree it doesn't make sense at all in this case. Just wondering if there would be any reason at all to need to cross the bridge.

Sometimes beach or river/lake towns are different and it's normal to run in somewhere barefoot, but I agree it doesn't make sense at all in this case. Just wondering if there would be any reason at all to need to cross the bridge.
Maybe he wasn't actually barefoot? Maybe he had a pair of flip flops that his gf or roommate didn't remember? And his sneakers that he last wore were found inside...

Can you fish off the bridge he snapchatted from? Do you have to cross it to get to a gas station, store, etc? Why would he be on the bridge?
It is not a "bridge" as some people think. It is a street level crossing over what is basically a drainage ditch. With that being said, I see that as of 3:03 am, CH was outside of his complex on the sidewalk facing north, mere feet from the "bridge". And with the other phone ping being reported near the Walgreens, I would hope the Urgent Care on Rodd Field and Williams would have video that faced the ditch side of the building. I'm wondering if his phone may have ended up down in that drainage ditch which disappears under Rodd Field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther