AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bothered by the Amber Alert. If LE issued it truly thinking that someone had taken Sebastian and he was in danger--I get that. But, if they used the Amber Alert to give CP and KP a false sense of confidence that they were looking in a different direction--they did the wrong thing. MOO

The Amber Alert shouldn't be used as an investigative trick--it's a very important tool for alerting the public to a missing and endangered child. If it's used indiscriminately, it will eventually lose its draw and people will feel tricked and pay less attention to the alerts--or shut them off.

Again, this is all JMOO.

I'm bothered by the Amber Alert. If LE issued it truly thinking that someone had taken Sebastian and he was in danger--I get that. But, if they used the Amber Alert to give CP and KP a false sense of confidence that they were looking in a different direction--they did the wrong thing. MOO

The Amber Alert shouldn't be used as an investigative trick--it's a very important tool for alerting the public to a missing and endangered child. If it's used indiscriminately, it will eventually lose its draw and people will feel tricked and pay less attention to the alerts--or shut them off.

Again, this is all JMOO.
Definitely see your reasoning. People might stop taking these alerts seriously.
I somehow missed this theory; where did you see it?

I haven't, either.

But, if I needed an alibi indicating I was in a particular place during a specific time, I think it would be a good idea to have someone I trusted call me. Then we could leave our phones on a counter--connected on the call while we did our business elsewhere. Our phone records (and pings) would show we had a 3-hour conversation in specific locations. But, of course, that would only be our phones in those locations. We would be free to galavant around in the meantime and not be subject to pings.

That's just my mind creating wild theories and scenarios. MOO
my daughter (23) and her boyfriend who is away at college do this. they aren't even really talking half the time, just sort of occupying the same "space" for hours while each goes about whatever they are doing (cleaning, studying, driving).

It's weird to me and I took it as a sign they are young, in love, and trying to navigate a long distance relationship. Never heard of mature adults in a marriage doing it tho. I guess I can see where she might have been reading and he is just there, on the other end of the phone, doing whatever he was doing. But it still strikes me as odd behavior from this couple. Notsomuch my daughter as she is young, this relationship has gotten serious and she is lonesome every evening while he is away.

I wonder if the three hour phone call had more to do with one spouse controlling the other in some way? Like making sure they were right there where they should be and still paying attention to me sort of thing?

quick question as I haven't seen it answered. As with some many missing kid cases, do we know when Sebastian was seen by anyone outside the household? When I start to get hink from 'evolving' versions of the facts from the key players my mind always goes to how do I know that is when the missing person was really last seen?

my daughter (23) and her boyfriend who is away at college do this. they aren't even really talking half the time, just sort of occupying the same "space" for hours while each goes about whatever they are doing (cleaning, studying, driving).

It's weird to me and I took it as a sign they are young, in love, and trying to navigate a long distance relationship. Never heard of mature adults in a marriage doing it tho. I guess I can see where she might have been reading and he is just there, on the other end of the phone, doing whatever he was doing. But it still strikes me as odd behavior from this couple. Notsomuch my daughter as she is young, this relationship has gotten serious and she is lonesome every evening while he is away.

I wonder if the three hour phone call had more to do with one spouse controlling the other in some way? Like making sure they were right there where they should be and still paying attention to me sort of thing?
I would be very interested to know if this couple regularly has three-hour phone calls with each other while he's away at work, or if this was a one-time thing.

Seth (dad) has not come outright and said it, but he has alluded to suspecting his ex and step dad having something to do with Sebastian's disappearance. He has said "things don't add up", "he would never walk out in the dark especially without shoes." I think that is why mom and step dad are not communicating/working with dad. If my ex accused me of wrong doing, I probably would not be working with him either. While dad should not have basically accused mom, he is coming from a place of hurt. He knows the odds of the situation, especially after this long. I personally don't know what to think. On NG KP and CP said the dogs tracked to the new construction and retention pond. Others (Seth?) have said that was a false hit. So what was it? A hit or a false hit? I said this before and I will say it again, maybe 2 weeks ago a young teen ran away less than a mile from where Sebastian's home is located. The dogs found that teen a mile and a half away from where he ran and he was hiding. The dogs went straight to him. QUICK. The dogs did their job. If Sebastian left that house on his own, he did not go far before getting in a car. One of the Sheriff's officers were talking about how many cars travelled down Long Hollow Pike (the ONLY way out of his subdivision by car) during those hours, they know. Sebastian's high school has cameras that point toward Long Hollow Pike so maybe that is how they know? They also probably have ring camera footage from the subdivision that they aren't sharing too (at least cars/times). Hopefully they have some leads.

I apologize as I have just learned about this case. Does anyone happen to know where on the spectrum Sebastian is? My nephew is autistic but kind of higher end. Can be fairly self-sufficient but certainly not able to drive or truly take care of himself independently. I know of others who are very low spectrum and even non-verbal.

Thursday 14 March: Video shows activity outside family home

Home security video, obtained by WTVF, showed two specks of light outside the family’s home in the Hendersonville neighbourhood around 3.10am in the middle of the night when the teenager went missing.

Sumner County Sheriff’s chief deputy Eric Craddock told the news outlet that there are several clips that have come in that investigators are reviewing for more clues.

One clip shows a pitch-black Stafford Court neighbourhood with two lights that appear to be people with flashlights moving toward each other before moving off-screen.
A timeline of the disappearance of 15-year-old Sebastian Rogers

I was unaware of this. just went and watched the footage. nothing much to be gleaned from it but you can see two light sources moving in it, no silhouettes no shadowy figures, simply two light sources moving. All it tells us is that someone or someones were moving around at around 3am in the common area between Sebastian's home and a neighboring property.

I seriously want to know when someone outside his household saw or spoke with him.

I apologize as I have just learned about this case. Does anyone happen to know where on the spectrum Sebastian is? My nephew is autistic but kind of higher end. Can be fairly self-sufficient but certainly not able to drive or truly take care of himself independently. I know of others who are very low spectrum and even non-verbal.
I don't think they've come out directly and said it, but I parent an autistic son who is very similar to Sebastian. My son is ASD1, PDA profile (what some refer to as high-functioning/verbal/w/ oppositional defiance but it is more than that and I don't know how to sum my special boy up but I love him endlessly)

Very interesting that NG asks KP what questions she was asked during the polygraph.

There must be reasons behind that question.
I wondered when I heard it if it was to ascertain if KP actually had been polygraphed. I think NG might have been wanting to see how quickly/haltingly or unhaltingly she answered in addition to hearing what KP might have been "cleared" of?

Again, this is all JMOO.
I read somewhere this case was upgraded to an Amber Alert based on the fact that Sebastian is a special needs child who is without his medication (maybe ADHD or anxiety medication as those comorbidities are common with ASD? My 10yo ASD1 PDA profile son has severe ADHD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder). I'm not sure if the fact that he has a decreased perception of danger/ability to independently take care of himself factored in or not.

I get the distinct impression that CP wants to control the narrative and thinks he's successfully doing so.

In my opinion, the conflicting accounts are red flags.
bbm - I agree; I was astounded how often he either answered questions I really would have expected KP to answer or talked over her while she did try to answer. Part of that was because she was so quiet, but part of it was because he wanted to control the narrative, I think.

I still think that KP may seem disconnected to some because she may be medicated. I know I would have to be on a sedative of some sort if my child were missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther