AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Secret Service is 100% involved to assist with the collection of encrypted data. They frequently assist LE with recovering data from cell phones, auto GPS devices, and laptops because they have access to expensive extraction tools (like GrayKey, for example) that smaller LE departments don’t have.
They can also cross state,and country lines. So glad to hear they're on this.

Good point. And, if he did that without shoes and his phone, it seems as though it would have been in the heat of an argument or fight. Was he physically struck and abused and he just ran out? Was KP fully aware but didn't immediately try to call him back because she was angry too and thought he'd come back in?

Just all speculation on my part. MOO
It's hard for me to believe he ran away because... where has he been all this time?

Ok just got done watching the pascal live. There’s some points I wrote down that seemed important to me. Please bear in mind that this is all just stuff that jumped out to me and is just speculation/rumor or MOO

-main thing that was said was the CPs parents left for Alaska 2 days after SR was reported missing? That’s seems like super odd timing to take off for a trip like that.
-LE says that none of the threats to UCN have been reported to them.
-KP works for brinks but doesn’t have a system of her own?
-We learned that the CIA and secret service are involved in the investigation. I’m wondering if it’s possibly for tech help?

Anyway again, this is all just MOO. This update was basic at a non update other than the glasses being found. I would imagine that they have checked them for finger prints and that they would be able to trace whos they are with some kind of serial number or something similar.
the CIA? i didnt listen but did they say cia?

Someone on a youtube channel I was listening to today made a point that's so obvious I can't believe no one here has ever made it, at least not that I remember seeing.

If LE has confirmed for sure that Chris was in Memphis, why wouldn't they come out and say so?

Someone on a youtube channel I was listening to today made a point that's so obvious I can't believe no one here has ever made it, at least not that I remember seeing.

If LE has confirmed for sure that Chris was in Memphis, why wouldn't they come out and say so?
They haven't confirmed anything to my knowledge. I think he was there but I'd like to know if he was there that day and night consistently.
My opinion is they are still working the digital forensic information. It sucks waiting.
This case has me questioning things every darn day. Sigh.

Those UCN [self-redacted]s are taking credit for finding Riley Strain!

About 18:00 mark.

Lying liars who lie make me sick. So does stolen valor.

He also says their "death threats" were reported to law enforcement but I'm 90% sure the sheriff was asked about that in the PC today and the answer was negative.

Grrrrrrrrr

Nothing new, unfortunately. Less than 2 minute video

Authorities update Sebastian Rogers investigation​

Although the link doesn't work here, the video is easily found on youtube.

Two things I found interesting: the sheriff's deputy is adamant that while there is no evidence of foul play, no one has been cleared.

He also tells the reporter that the "flashlight" video has no evidentiary value, but then refuses to answer the reporter's question of what the lights were, then.

This is in great contrast to Seth stating confidently that the lights were a trash truck.

This case is about to make my durn head explode. One thing I know for sure: no child vanishes into thin air without a trace and without being found unless they have help.

Last edited:
I thought something was nagging at the back of my brain and finally I remembered what it was.

In Katie's first interview she says when she told Sebastian to go to bed, he did (smothered giggle or sob or something.)

Then she says "a little bit later" she "ended up" going to bed. In subsequent accounts Sebastian went to bed at 9 and she didn't go to bed until around midnight.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I grew up Southern-adjacent so allow me to translate.

Nagging item the first:

"A little bit later," in this context, does not translate to THREE HOURS later. A little bit later would be an hour at most. In my experience. I would peg it at no more than 15-30 minutes max according to the usage I grew up hearing.

Nagging item the second:

"Ended up" is what you say when your plans go awry, for better or worse. And is 95% of the time preceded by "but". As in (I'm making these up of course):

"I was headed to Skunkville but I took a wrong turn and ended up in Squirrelville."

"I went to the ice cream store for a cone but I ended up eating an entire banana split."

"I grew up thinking I'd be an auto mechanic, but I ended up being the CEO of GM."

So Katie saying she "ended up" going to bed in this context strikes me as very, very linguistically unusual.

I am no expert on this topic in any way, but I do have a good ear for the dialect I grew up with and its connotations.

I think it's because it seems heartless to some for them to take off on a long vacation while their step grandson is missing.

Maybe they have been hounded by locals and the media, so instead of regrouping and focusing all their energy into the search effort, fleeing was somehow a better option (mirroring CP/KPs response).

Or because they know their son better than anyone, have seen the car-crash interviews, have themselves been interviewed by LE and can see where the investigation is potentially heading. I imagine that distancing themselves at this point is a deliberate act of self preservation.

JMO

It's FBI and Secret Service, not CIA. MOO

There’s gotta be a few brilliant minds within the TBI, FBI, SS who will find Sebastian and bring him home to Seth.

Where are you Sebastian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members