OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got on a little while ago . I don't even know what to say ?
These "religious" groups need to be abolished . SOME HOW !!
Anyone that thinks they're above the law need to be abolished .
The planning that went into this is unreal !
Let's start getting loud and LISTEN to victims when they speak , when they ask for ANY kind of help. Veronica asked the judge a while ago for protection. Let's listen and take action .
I wonder what the judge is thinking since TA mentioned to her son she knew the route the judge walked to work.. geez.. to me that sounds like a threat on a judge. This woman was willing to take everyone out it seems!

I was wondering if Grice possibly backed out. There were three burner phones but the daughter CW says she saw two in Cora’s room charging. So were the Twombly’s given two and TA and TC had the other? Or Grice gave his back to the Twombly’s at some point? Just trying to brainstorm why he was not arrested with the other four.
Since the Twomblys were in two separate vehicles, I'm guessing each might have wanted a phone.

I had misread the AA, and thought the magazine was laying in the road, and not in her purse.

I guess she could have kept the gun and magazine separate, which is weird as all she had to do is just not keep one in the chamber.

Maybe she pulled it out and didn’t have a chance to insert the magazine? Or your theory is correct and she panicked and hit the release accidentally as she was drawing it from her bag.

It’s just odd.
In any case, Jilian might have had a concussion from the anvil thrown into the windshield (if that was done) or airbag inflation. Perhaps she never even had a chance to open her purse - the murderers might have opened her purse and taken her pistol, leaving the magazine behind. Perhaps the murderers released the magazine unintentionally as they were removing the pistol from the purse, depending on how they handled it.

Also, some pistols have very soft magazine release springs, so impacts of different kinds might dislodge the magazine without human intervention. I once owned such a pistol, which was not suitable for carry due to this problem.

But I’m just confused as to why even go if all that was thought to be needed.
Many, many people have guns on them pretty much all the time. I'm not really surprised that she was carrying, or that the magazine wasn't in the missing gun. Picking up the kids, she may have decided to leave the gun unloaded for safety's sake.
I also think that if/when she pulled that gun out (loaded or not), TA and company decided all bets were off. Whatever plans they had to tase/scare them prior to killing them went out the window, they panicked, killed them right there and then, and left a ton of evidence that they didn't intend to leave.
IMO.

How and when did Pastor Kelley learn about the fact the car was found abandoned? He and his friend raced over there almost immediately.
What's haunting me is that he may have been on the phone with Jilian the whole way, and he heard a commotion before the phone went dead. I just don't want that to be true...that he may have heard things.

In any case, Jilian might have had a concussion from the anvil thrown into the windshield (if that was done) or airbag inflation. Perhaps she never even had a chance to open her purse - the murderers might have opened her purse and taken her pistol, leaving the magazine behind. Perhaps the murderers released the magazine unintentionally as they were removing the pistol from the purse, depending on how they handled it.

Also, some pistols have very soft magazine release springs, so impacts of different kinds might dislodge the magazine without human intervention. I once owned such a pistol, which was not suitable for carry due to this problem.
I think the anvil plan was part of that previous attempt, and not this one. We’d have heard about it in the AA if that had happened here.

Someone likes Wile e coyote it appears. Imagine modeling a plot after a children's cartoon?

But yeah, that’s certainly possible too. I just think this happened really fast, and nerves can make you freeze up or fumble.

There are perceived anvils and then are well, actual anvils.

I am thinking she used the term "anvils" to describe large "vises". Alot of work trucks in remote oil and ranch areas have large vises on them to facilitate "on site" repairs when ever possible.

The vises are used to hold various things under repair or modification. Repairing / modifying can include bending the material, welding it, or...... beating into a new shape with a hammer.

Thinking she saw an vise holding an object being struck with a hammer, and concluded that it was an "anvil". Then again, its possible that some work trucks in remote areas have both vices and anvils attatched to them. Material can be heated with a torch, then pounded into a new shape on an miniature anvil.

I just dont see these things falling off truck that often though.
Good afternoon. This is my first post on this case. Goodness, my eyes have been at the end of my nose all day, catching up. It's certainly possible it was a large vise, although some farriers have anvils on their trucks so they can heat and fit horseshoes on site. Our farrier used to do that for one of our mares, but his was permanently mounted. No way would it just fall off the truck. A small anvil is almost 100lbs. larger ones are at least 200lbs and can be up to 500lbs. I can't imagine something that heavy falling off a truck and doing anything except crashing to the ground. You might hit it and wreck your vehicle, but I can't see if bouncing or sailing through your windshield. MOOooo

Moo...they are blue heelers not Aussie shepherds, not that it's very important. In regards to anvil...they all have horses so may be something to do with shoeing horses or branding cattle.....moo
Blacksmiths use anvils and so do farriers, who travel and shoe horses. "a farrier anvil. The farrier anvil is lighter and therefore portable – this is the one that goes in the truck and is used on the job for cold shoeing and light forge work" from Bing search.

ETA This post was being typed at the same time as the one above.

Last edited:
But I’m just confused as to why even go if all that was thought to be needed.
I was thinking along those lines too. But sadly IMO, what held weight over this, was possible fear of VB from potentially losing or affecting custody or visitation via a missed exchange?

And IMO TA used that to advantage. And if I am reading other things accurately, seems IIRC that TA also ‘waived’ off her envisioned typical supervisor from this exchange. And also for the ‘next few weeks’. So as to it seems avoid the upcoming events. And didn’t this all occur once the son was in ‘custody’ this most recent time?

This IMO is all too convenient. And it sure seems other charges ought to be coming or possible at least? Maybe the statements are a ‘lull’ or calm before another storm? Let others make some more mistakes perhaps? MOO

Bbm.
Just bizarre.
I've never heard of anvils being carted around on a work vehicle , unless it's being transported somewhere ?
Omo.

Literally the only place in my life I've ever seen or heard of anvils being involved in accidents is in a Wile E. Coyote cartoon. They were going for a real life Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Last edited:
Is it possible he and family will go into witness protection?
Yes, anything is possible.

If he can help put the others away forever, or even the harsher punishment.
Maybe a plea deal was offered ?
I admit I'm not feeling very charitable towards him; even though there are no further charges expected.
Omo.

Last edited:
lol. At least they remembered the burner phones, which magically shield all your errors from discovery. Or something.

When LE is getting the burners anyway, might as well have used their actual phones. Why don't people ever get some nice walkie talkies for this type of thing?

I’ve seen people who don’t shoot often hit the magazine release thinking they were hitting the safety and that was at a gun range without much stress.
Since the magazine was in her purse, the weapon may have been unloaded because they anticipated TA bringing some type of charge of there being a loaded firearm within the reach of the children during the visitation. They may have not truly believed that TA would kill them but carried the weapon for protection in general while travelling. I do believe they were fully aware that some made up antic from TA could possibly cause them a great deal of legal trouble like a traffic stop with a search and a loaded gun could compound the problem and affect the up coming court hearing.

It would be fascinating to read the minutes from their Misfit meetings. Wonder if this 'Mission' was in their notes.

It's hilarious that they are clearly idiots based on their murder plot, but you can assume their group believes that like minded idiots in their group should be responsible for running the world.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members