Dad Of naked 6 Yr Old Cover Girls Writes About "Sensuality Of Children"

In the photos that I have seen Anne Geddes makes sure that the infants, although nude, do not have their private parts on display. The children in her shots are only ever identified by the first name and age as well. Poor little Olympia has been photographed nude and both her parents have identified themselves publicly. It would not be too difficult, I think, for a pedophile who became obsessed with her to find her home address and where she goes to school. :eek: Olympia could not possibly know that but her parents should. I think the line in the sand for any publicly released photos should be Is this make picture likely to make the cover of a pedophile magazine?

There are plenty of bare bums and chest areas in Geddes photos.

Good point Southcitymom. I guess I overlooked that because I see more baby flesh in diaper commercials. :baby:

The Geddes babies are all unknowing. They are photographed doing infant/baby things, mostly sleeping. Olympia has been put in adult situations, posing as much older than she is.

I don't feel Geddes is putting a bullseye on those infants for a predator, Olympia's parents, almost appear to be welcoming this negative attention.

Still, her parents should be protecting her.

IMO

The last link, Beggar Maid... Hmm. For a child to be a beggar? or a maid? seems to me as if they are implying something impure.

Why is it necessary for them to have her dress open at the top, leaving her bare chest exposed... or ripped up the front above her knees? Again, it appears they are sexualizing her.

She is a beautiful little girl and this picture could have depicted the same outcome if they would have closed her dress or have a shirt under it or anything.
i thought it was a very sexualized picture as well. even though it didn't show anything. poor thing.

Her parents need a good kick up the jacksy methinks:woohoo:

Hey Nova,

Excellent point!

But I must admit that when I saw your hat, I thought - he's going to rat me out for my Christmas card!!!:eek:

:blowkiss: South

Do you really think I'm that indiscreet? (Okay, I admit I thought of the card when I read your posts.)

Edited to add: SCM, since we've said this much, I don't think I should let anyone walk away with the impression you sent me something inappropriate.

For anyone who cares, here's the story: SCM sent me a lovely Christmas card with a picture of her two boys on it. I thought it was charming and the kids are indeed very handsome. But "Mr." Nova was troubled and said he thought it odd that a parent would send that photo, especially to someone she only knew over the internet. I thought he had lost his mind and said so. After considerable confusion, we finally sorted it out: like a lot of men, Mr. Nova suffers from partial colorblindness. He thought SCM had sent me naked pictures of her kids. In fact, the boys were wearing red clothing, but the clothes appeared flesh-colored to Mr. Nova's partial colorblindness (he has a lot of trouble with reds), so he thought they were naked. SCM and I have been laughing about this ever since.

IMO that's such baloney! lol I breastfed 4 babies and I did that because I loved them and wanted them to thrive. It had nothing to do with my erogenous zones. (Maybe if I believed in the theory of evolution I might think the same way as others here about that...)

:rolleyes: :floorlaugh:

I love ya, TM, but if you think your personal experience to the contrary defeats the overall idea (to which many, many women and plain old common sense attest), then that's exactly why we need to do a better job of teaching science in this country. And if we did, then more people would understand the theory of evolution.

How the hell would he know?

Right. 'Cause it's big secret that the nipples are highly sensitive, erogenous zones. Nobody but a woman could know about that and God knows no woman ever told anyone. :rolleyes:

Look, I also hear that some women find breastfeeding uncomfortable and I never said breastfeeding an infant was "exactly the same" as having an adult partner make love to one's breasts.

What I said was that locating lactation in an area of sensitive nerve endings that are pleasurable to the touch confers an evolutionary advantage. It gives a mother an extra incentive to nurse and therefore makes it more likely the trait is passed down.

I'm not an evolutionary biologist and I certainly could be wrong. But it's hardly an outrageous conjecture.

Right. 'Cause it's big secret that the nipples are highly sensitive, erogenous zones. Nobody but a woman could know about that and God knows no woman ever told anyone. :rolleyes:

Look, I also hear that some women find breastfeeding uncomfortable and I never said breastfeeding an infant was "exactly the same" as have an adult partner make love to one's breasts.

What I said was that locating lactation in an area of sensitive nerve endings that are pleasurable to the touch confers an evolutionary dvantage. It gives a mother an extra incentive to nurse and therefore makes it more likely the trait is passed down.

I'm not an evolutionary biologist and I certainly could be wrong. But it's hardly an outrageous conjecture.

Salem was kind enough to share with us that the La Leche group says essentially the same thing - it happens and it's no biggee, a function of biology for some women. I don't think one needs to be female to "get" that!

I'm sure you're not! It just made me chuckle to think of it!:crazy:

I hope you don't mind that I went ahead and told the story. It's entirely innocent, but I fear our cryptic references might have made it seem not so. (Particularly since you and I have such "extreme" views on human sensuality. ;))

Salem was kind enough to share with us that the La Leche group says essentially the same thing - it happens and it's no biggee, a function of biology for some women. I don't think one needs to be female to "get" that!

I saw that. I'm not sure I want to be a fellow traveler with the La Leche gang. I know they do good work, but my daughter tells me they can make a young mother feel like a criminal if she doesn't nurse until the child goes to college...

I love ya, TM, but if you think your personal experience to the contrary defeats the overall idea (to which many, many women and plain old common sense attest), then that's exactly why we need to do a better job of teaching science in this country. And if we did, then more people would understand the theory of evolution.

I love you too, Nova. :blowkiss:

Geez what a sick family so sad for the kids. Some people are just plain crazy.

Look, I also hear that some women find breastfeeding uncomfortable and I never said breastfeeding an infant was "exactly the same" as having an adult partner make love to one's breasts.

What I said was that locating lactation in an area of sensitive nerve endings that are pleasurable to the touch confers an evolutionary advantage. It gives a mother an extra incentive to nurse and therefore makes it more likely the trait is passed down.

Well I can't even speak to the issue because I wasn't able to nurse any of my three. They're all bottle babies.

UNLIKE men, women are able to separate their feelings, so that while they may be using the same parts for different reasons, women don't get sexually aroused by nursing their babies.

Anyone who sees something "sensual" about a child has a disturbed mind, imo.

The father of the naked girl depicted on the cover of Art Monthly magazine has written of the "diabolically sexual" potential in child images.
Robert Nelson, art critic with The Age, has responded angrily to criticism of the nude pictures of his six-year-old daughter Olympia in the magazine's most recent issue, which may be pulled from the shelves after authorities ruled it needed to be classified.
But, as revealed by Herald Sun columnist Andrew Bolt in his blog this morning, Nelson has previously written of the specific sexuality of such pictures, arguing that "the sensuality of children is integral to parental fondness.
”In the essay — which features on the website of Nelson's wife Polixeni Papapetrou, who took the pictures of Olympia — Nelson says some photographs taken of Olympia by his wife in 2000 when she was just two years old were taken "at the instigation" of their daughter: "'Mummy, come and photo me,’ she would exhort."
The "taboo" of such images is described as "the fear of the child’s latent sexuality and its potential for exciting inappropriate and sinful desire."
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,379561,00.html
This whole story is a case of parents burying their heads in the sand.Does this intellectual giant realise that these photos are going to be viewed for ever by anyone? I cannot stand this guy or his arty farty crap.....I heard him interviewed on a local radio show and he had no regard for anything except rattling on about 'art'
Makes me really sad that he is a fellow Melburnian...
We ae not all as dumb as him..

Well said Kazz.:clap:
Hi Dingo..thanks to hear that guy on the radio the other day was just annoying...I wanted to slap him right on the nose.
He has abused his daughters trust by allowing these 'photos' to be out in the public forum.It is not cool and this whole kiddy nudety arty crap just does my head in.....
Ever since the Hansen photos and all that happened, every nutter is coming out of the woodwork....
Where does the line get drawn as to what is art and what is just child soft *advertiser censored*?
Anyway the idiot should be locked up for bad taste in fashion too..

I guess the biggest 'bug' about all this IMO is the fact that Daddy Dearest does not seem to see what has been done by putting the photos out there.I wonder how many times they will crop up on any pedos computer......:eek:
It sets the kid up as a target for all types of abuse including bullying by her peers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back