Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the way I have posted since I have been here.

I will not do it any longer. I did not know that you felt this way.

Sorry if I have offended anyone with my writing style.

My heart truly hurt when I read that post.

Darlin, don't you DARE change one thing about yourself or the way you post. That was completely out of line and uncalled for. It may have been an attempt at humor, but I personally didn't think it was funny. You're much loved here and your posts have always been respectful and welcomed.

Darlin, don't you DARE change one thing about yourself or the way you post. That was completely out of line and uncalled for. It may have been an attempt at humor, but I personally didn't think it was funny. You're much loved here and your posts have always been respectful and welcomed.

:razz:don't stir the pot.....if you knew me at all, you'd know that is a joke w/me and many in chat. I meant nothing and don't appreciate you 'calling me out' when I already feel like crap for hurting the feelings of ona my favorite posters here :razz:

I was trying to lighten up for a sec, in the lull.... and I apologize again. Jeesh.

When someone unintentionally hurts someones feelings and that person apologizes then it should be all over.

We all know and love Christine. We know she wouldn't hurt a fly let alone any poster here on purpose.

When I read what she wrote I laughed because I know Christine.

Christine has apologized. If someone has a problem with that for some reason please contact me. Otherwise, carry on.

Tricia

:razz:don't stir the pot.....if you knew me at all, you'd know that is a joke w/me and many in chat. I meant nothing and don't appreciate you 'calling me out' when I already feel like crap for hurting the feelings of ona my favorite posters here :razz:

I was trying to lighten up for a sec, in the lull.... and I apologize again. Jeesh.

*spank spank* Naughty naughty.....:bang:

Awww c'mon - we all know that Christine didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings! I, for one, appreciate her sense of humor just as much as I appreciate Dark Shadow's sweetness. We need them both! And not for nothing, but Christine has been pretty liberal with the hugs lately herself!

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

dark_shadows,
(Come back after you eat dinner dear friend. )
Question, and I apologize if I somehow missed this if it was asked before :blush:, will cameras be allowed in the courtroom for the upcoming hearings?

Do you know if the 2 creeps are in solitary confinement?

You're right madge. I haven't heard a word about Brooke's murder in a few days.
BTW-Welcome to WS.
It has been on the O'Reilly Factor everynight. Last night they were hounding the Governor last night. O'Reilly says they will continue to blast Vt. lawmakers.

That is the way I have posted since I have been here.

I will not do it any longer. I did not know that you felt this way.

Sorry if I have offended anyone with my writing style.

My heart truly hurt when I read that post.

DS please come back your knowledge of VT and the legal system there is priceless. I love you just the way you are :blowkiss:

It certainly helps to lighten up so thanks christine for trying to do that. Please don't feel like ......... We need more like you.

As public servants, our most important responsibility is to protect the most vulnerable among us from harm. Children represent our greatest hope for a better tomorrow and it is heart-wrenching for all of us when we are confronted with cases of abuse – especially sexual abuse against children.

There has been a great deal of talk, finger-pointing and grandstanding in recent days regarding the tragedy of Brooke Bennett’s death. This does nothing to serve Brooke’s memory. This does nothing to address the failures of that particular case and, more importantly, it does nothing to protect children all across our state who deserve to grow up in a safe and loving community

Last week, I called for an immediate and aggressive internal investigation surrounding a probation officer’s 2004 recommendation that a judge grant Michael Jacques an early discharge from probation. Both the position of the probation officer and decision of the judge in that case couldn’t have been more wrong. I have demanded an overhaul of the department’s policies and practices to ensure that no judge can irresponsibly use the misguided recommendation of a probation officer to release a repeat sex offender from probation.

While that investigation is underway, and until a full report is issued by the Department, I have ordered that under no circumstances will a probation or parole officer or any other individual, department or agency support the early release of any sex offender before they have served their maximum sentence.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080715/NEWS/813679555

dark_shadows,
(Come back after you eat dinner dear friend. )
Question, and I apologize if I somehow missed this if it was asked before :blush:, will cameras be allowed in the courtroom for the upcoming hearings?

Do you know if the 2 creeps are in solitary confinement?

Not sure if you have read back on this thread, philamena, but DS posted this earlier...(pg 2 of this thread)

Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
'My very dearest Liz,
Hello my friend!

Jacques and Gagnon are in state facilities, being held as Federal detainees.
You will not find either one in the BOP listings due to the fact that they are secured in the 2 state facilities until they are sentenced and transported to a Federal Holding Facility. Once there, it will be determined what their main facility will be. If they are sententenced to death, they would most likely end up in the Indiana Federal Facility. I say again, most likely.

Due to the fact that the Feds pay the state of Vermont for a certain amount of beds for detainee holding and detainee release, they are on the headcount of the State of Vermont.
Jacques is in the Northwest Correctional Facility in St. Albans. There is a unit that is a lockdown unit. When a detainee enters that facility, they automatically go to that secure unit. These are 1 man cells. They are assigned a caseworker. They are allowed out of their cell for 1 hour recreation in a secured hallway and to use the phone (collect calls). If their behavior has been found acceptable, or if they are not on PC status, after a period of time, they can exercise in a bullpen or watch tv in a secured room.

As far as Gagnon goes, he is being held in the Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility in South Burlington. He is held in the segragation unit and is only allowed out for 1 hour a day. He would do the 1 hour excercise in the hallway where his cell is. They are 2 man cells, but I believe that Gagnon is being held with no cellmate. That is how it was when Brian Rooney was housed in the same unit.'

I hope this helps.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

As public servants, our most important responsibility is to protect the most vulnerable among us from harm. Children represent our greatest hope for a better tomorrow and it is heart-wrenching for all of us when we are confronted with cases of abuse – especially sexual abuse against children.

There has been a great deal of talk, finger-pointing and grandstanding in recent days regarding the tragedy of Brooke Bennett’s death. This does nothing to serve Brooke’s memory. This does nothing to address the failures of that particular case and, more importantly, it does nothing to protect children all across our state who deserve to grow up in a safe and loving community

Last week, I called for an immediate and aggressive internal investigation surrounding a probation officer’s 2004 recommendation that a judge grant Michael Jacques an early discharge from probation. Both the position of the probation officer and decision of the judge in that case couldn’t have been more wrong. I have demanded an overhaul of the department’s policies and practices to ensure that no judge can irresponsibly use the misguided recommendation of a probation officer to release a repeat sex offender from probation.

While that investigation is underway, and until a full report is issued by the Department, I have ordered that under no circumstances will a probation or parole officer or any other individual, department or agency support the early release of any sex offender before they have served their maximum sentence.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080715/NEWS/813679555

"I have ordered that under no circumstances will a probation or parole officer or any other individual, department or agency support the early release of any sex offender before they have served their maximum sentence."
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
It's about time!!!

Listen to a broadcast of Vermont Attorney General Bill Sorrell explain his position on Jessica's Law.

http://www.vpr.net/episode/44000/

In the wake of Brooke Bennett's death, we take a closer look at Vermont's sex offender laws. The body of the 12-year-old Braintree girl was found last week, and federal prosecutors have charged her uncle with kidnapping. Now, some lawmakers are calling for an investigation into the state's sex offender laws, and for the passage of "Jessica's Law", which requires a 25-year minimum sentence for sex offenders. Attorney General Bill Sorrell explains Vermont's current sex offender laws, how they've changed, and why Vermont has a national reputation as being lenient on offenders. (Listen

Tuesday July 15, 2008
Bob Kinzel

Montpelier, Vt.

Senate Democratic leaders have unveiled plans to hold 6 public hearings in the coming months to investigate several different aspects of the Brooke Bennett murder case.

Senate President Peter Shumlin says one focus of the hearings will be to consider the effectiveness of the state's sex offender treatment program in reducing the rate of recidivism.

Shumlin wants the Senate Judiciary committee to review the state's treatment program to determine if it reduces re-offending rates.

Corrections commissioner Rob Hoffman says the answer is yes. Based on a ten year study, he says convicted sex offenders who complete the program have one of the lowest recidivism rates of inmates in the entire Vermont jail system - the rate is roughly 5%.

Convicted offenders who refuse treatment are 6 times more likely to re-offend and the rate for the general prison population is just over
50%:

http://www.vpr.net/news_detail/81326/

Tuesday July 15, 2008
Bob Kinzel

Montpelier, Vt.

Senate Democratic leaders have unveiled plans to hold 6 public hearings in the coming months to investigate several different aspects of the Brooke Bennett murder case.

Senate President Peter Shumlin says one focus of the hearings will be to consider the effectiveness of the state's sex offender treatment program in reducing the rate of recidivism.

Shumlin wants the Senate Judiciary committee to review the state's treatment program to determine if it reduces re-offending rates.

Corrections commissioner Rob Hoffman says the answer is yes. Based on a ten year study, he says convicted sex offenders who complete the program have one of the lowest recidivism rates of inmates in the entire Vermont jail system - the rate is roughly 5%.

Convicted offenders who refuse treatment are 6 times more likely to re-offend and the rate for the general prison population is just over
50%:

N.O. W.A.Y. Sorry - but this can't be true. This cannot possibly be based on violent sex offenders....IMO. My guess is, they lump in 18 yo boyfriends having consensual sex with their 16 or 17 year old girlfriends and that completely changes the curve. Anyone who spends the slightest amount of time on Websleuths knows that these guys cannot be fixed. I would love to see what the treatment program entails. MJ devised an elaborate plan to molest a young girl (at least!). That alone should prove how determined these freaks are in their evil endeavors. When are the "authorities" EVER going to get it?

:confused::confused::confused:

Good question, but a better one is how many more children have to be murdered by these before someone realizes they can't be fixed. They do not all the sudden become normal... they are hardwired wrong. Therapy will not fix it.

Tuesday July 15, 2008
Bob Kinzel
Montpelier, Vt.

Based on a ten year study, he says convicted sex offenders who complete the program have one of the lowest recidivism rates of inmates in the entire Vermont jail system - the rate is roughly 5%.

Are they measuring the recidivism rate of these offenders as it applies only to the Vermont jail system, or is he saying that only 5% will be re-incarcerated anywhere?

It's easy to manipulate statistics to reflect whatever point of view you're promoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard