Try to have some compassion

Cindy is the one who called Le in the first place.

So flip flopping when a child is missing is just hard to understand.

Not one person who loves their child wants to admit the child is evil.
but their child is devoid of emotions.

Casey needs mental help.
regardless of the other things going on here.

The Melendez brothers goal when they offed their parents was to get rich without having to work for it.

They chose to murder their defensless wealthy parents.

Where are they now?
In prison because nobody believed their lies that some
drug gangsters were resposible for the deaths.

many people have gone down the road Casey has gone down.
granted, she may not be able to tell the truth.
Her lies become her truth.

Still that does not give anybody the right to defend her, when a child she was last seen with is now missing and presumed
kidnapped.

NOT one single intelligant person would ever let a child be held
prisoner to PROTECT her and her family?

That is a fairy tail story...
Caylee and the family are in danger?
Well from whom?

Yes I feel Cindy & George are caught in the middle of this.

Of course being spied upon daily takes it's toll.

But casey is responsible for all this.
And she must be shown that the gig is up.
Time to stop the madness and take what she has coming to her.

The parents need some support on her part by her stopping this madness today if not sooner.

If she loves her family she must decide to do the right thing.
She is the one who holds the key here nobody else can stop the torture.

Gran I am sorry you have been through that with your son. Must be pretty painful for you.
I have plenty of compassion for the Anthony's. My heart goes out to them. I canot imagine dealing with something of this magnitude. Then on top of it to have people trash talking me online! What misery they must be in.
its about time there was a thread like this .. i feel sorry for those people when i see them ..i think cindy is calling the press vultures cuz they are camped outside her house .. they cant go anywhere without them ..now that casey is back in jail the reporters should leave the anthonys alone ..its one thing to have caylee in the press but the press has also pushed cindy and george .. and they did ask for thier grandaughter back ..i remember a while back that ga did .. casey is the one that did this... to caylee and to her family .. and even probably knowing what thier daughter did they still love unconditionally . which is what family should be about can you imagine their loss??? not only thier beautiful granddaughter ( that you can clearly see cindy absolutely adored) but now thier daughter that they dreamed would NEVER do something like this . .calling someone a sociopath is a far cry from calling them a murderer .. i dont think they are covering a crime i think they are scared and mixed up and yes in denial .. i cant blame them .. its easier to say how one should react but when the time comes most of the time people dont act like they would say they would . and i think that people that cast judgement should think twice . one never know if they may wind up in a simular situation ..

Dear Gram2, I am sorry of what you had to go through. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I do feel sympathy for the grandparents despite the way they are acting. This is nightmare no one should have to experience.

Nothing could compel me to go to the Anthony home and create a disturbance of any sort.

That said, all my compassion is with Caylee.

Why compassion? Because that's what seperates us from animals.

Regardless what you think of Cindy (my views are known, search my posts) in this video a stranger to Cindy is screaming at her yesterday.
In the middle of a no win situation Cindy displayed compassion.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17340484/index.html

I have several animals and they show more compassion to thier offspring thn Casey has shown to hers.

So I would put her lower than an animal in compassion.

Gram, I am sorry for what you have gone through. I have a son who has had mental issues and was suicidal at one point. It is very hard to deal with.
I do have compassion for the Anthony's. I've seen posters on these message boards get very emotional over this, and make absurd statements.... (not here, particularly, but others.) It's hypocritical to me. If we are allowed to get so emotional about a family we don't even know and never met... why are the Anthony's not offered compassion and understanding? Makes no sense. This is a nightmare for any family. I can't imagine the pain and frustration they are feeling... it's heartbreaking!
Last I heard, there is no rulebook for this kind of situation. Nobody is sure of how they would react until they face the same thing. AND no two situations are alike.

I have several animals and they show more compassion to thier offspring thn Casey has shown to hers.

So I would put her lower than an animal in compassion.
i have no compassion for casey but i do for her parents .. they didnt do this . she did ,and they are having to deal with the aftermath .. and they just dont know how to deal with it .

Anniegirl, I didn't say that I don't love my son. I do love him, but I don't like him very much.

Hi Gram2,

Had to make same decision re my son a few years back. People who do not have children with issues like this don't understand that it has nothing to do with love. We are all only given one life on earth, I eventually came to realize I was doing no good revolving my one life around his. I have other children and a number of grandchildren. It was hard but I chose to take the energy I was spending on him and refocus in a positive way with his ex-wife and children. The oldest is now in college!

My son has actually done much better since he has been left to his own devices. He will probably never be able to handle more than his own issues re care, emotions, etc but he is at least doing that now. The hardest love is the love of letting go.

Casey's parents are visibly on the verge of emotional collapse. To see people taunting them while they are in distress is disheartening to say the least. I for one have compassion for them. They didn't ask to be put in this nightmare that they are now living. It's not up to me to judge their choices, decisions or behaviors. I try to go through my days without judging. I can't pretend to know what is going on in anyone's life but my own. Perhaps they did the best they could.

As the case unfolds, the person(s) responsible for the little girl's disappearance and presumed demise will have to answer for it. If Casey is responsible ( and I think it fair to say that many of us most certainly thinks she is ), I would hope people will leave her parents / brother alone and stop adding to their despair. Compassion is what elevates us to a human level.

Acceptance will be the key to their future happiness, I wish GA, CA, and their son peace and healing so that their lives will not be destroyed as well.

I am truly sickened by the way people are camped out at the Anthony's home, screaming at them, videotaping them, harassing them, gawking. I simply can't imagine. There is a reason we have a judicial system in this country, and due process of law. Personal involvement from the public to that extent is at the best, unneccessary, and at the worst, unlawful harassment. It just makes me sick.

If any of those stalkers/hatemongers/harrassers are reading this: please crawl back into the hole from which you came and let LE do their job. Spend time with your own kids. That is the best thing you can do to make a difference.

I am truly sickened by the way people are camped out at the Anthony's home, screaming at them, videotaping them, harassing them, gawking. I simply can't imagine. There is a reason we have a judicial system in this country, and due process of law. Personal involvement from the public to that extent is at the best, unneccessary, and at the worst, unlawful harassment. It just makes me sick.

If any of those stalkers/hatemongers/harrassers are reading this: please crawl back into the hole from which you came and let LE do their job. Spend time with your own kids. That is the best thing you can do to make a difference.

I agree. I'm convinced that's why LE used the economic warrant when they did. They've had it all along (like an ace in the hole) and chose to get it signed last evening to stop the madness on Hopespring Drive.
Now the bond is revoked and there is no reason for anyone to be camped out there.

I'm sure the residents of that street are relieved.

Let LE do their job ... is right!

~

I've been a long-time lurker, and this is my first post. For a long time, I've been concerned about some of the comments that I've read regarding the case and the Anthonys.

In a case like this, it's hard to be objective when it appears that an innocent life was taken too soon. I'm a mother of two Caylee's age, and it breaks my heart to see her smiling face--a face that loved her mother and grandparents unconditionally.

At the same time, when I'm formulating my personal opinion about the crime and who is responsible, I have to try to be objective and follow the evidence. There are a lot of missing pieces to this puzzle and evidence that we don't have access to. Thankfully, we have a place that we can analyze what we do have access to in one place here at websleuths.

We can theorize and conject all we want, but in the end, we don't know. We don't know what George and Cindy Anthony knew and when and what they did to protect themselves or Casey--if they did. We don't know what goes on in their day to day interactions--only what we are told by the media or LP, which are admittedly biased. Anyone under the same pressures would likely crack, too.

It's entirely possible (but far less likely) that Casey does not know where Caylee is. She is obviously seriously ill. She is severely traumatized and may not even remember what happened. While Casey lies pathologically, there are some threads of truth in what she says.

Jose Baez is doing his job and what he can to protect his client. Last night's arrest was heavy-handed and from a legal standpoint, appalling. It's unlikely to motivate Casey to speak--so hopefully LE is sitting tight with all of the evidence that they need to convict, right now.

If Casey is responsible for Caylee's death, she should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. And in Florida, it's possible that she may face the death penalty if the evidence shows premeditation.

Until then, let's stop with the personal attacks and protests and name calling and focus on what is really important--bringing Caylee home.

I agree that no one should be harassing them, their path is hard enough and those people on the lawn and are also making LE's job twice as hard.

However, the Anthony family had a opportunity to rein Casey in when she first started stealing from them and her grandparents and they chose not to do anything about it. I've also heard Cindy say twice something about how Casey always lies to them but she eventually tells the truth.
Either someone has Caylee or she is dead. Either way, Casey's disrespect for authority and the disinclination of the entire family to insist that she get to the truth a little faster this time IS contributing directly to what is happening to them now.

I agree. I'm convinced that's why LE used the economic warrant when they did. They've had it all along (like an ace in the hole) and chose to get it signed last evening to stop the madness on Hopespring Drive.
Now the bond is revoked and there is no reason for anyone to be camped out there.

I'm sure the residents of that street are relieved.

Let LE do their job ... is right!

~

I couldn't agree more. I felt that whole display was very disturbing. Cindy and George are in a very difficult spot, and I don't envy them at all. They are in a horrible position. I think with the amount of stress they are living under and the emotional turmoil of what is going on, it is just not a healthy environment. I bet when this is all over, they will pack their bags and get the heck out of dodge. Its sad for them, because if they really have lived in that house for 22 years, I don't know how they could continue on in that neighborhood, or even in this community after what all has happened. Casey has basically ruined both of their lives, and I wish she would stop being so self-absorbed and just tell the truth and get it over with. Its the right thing to do, and shame on her lawyer for not telling her to do it. With each day that passes, she is ruining her parents just a little bit more. Putting them under the public's scrutiny, subjecting them to criticism from strangers, making them a target for public outrage. Its madness, and it needs to stop. The only one who can stop it is Casey. I don't agree with everything George and Cindy have done, but I don't blame them for it. Who knows for sure how anyone would respond in a situation like they are in. I'm sure they feel like its them against the world, which is in no way a place I'd like to be.

Hi, I just have to say...

Everyone may think we rushed to judgement about the grandparents, but this case has been going on for weeks now.

Cindy is the one who called 911 and pointed the finger at her daughter in the first place. I respected that and felt sorry for her. She tried to do the right thing so the police would search for her little granddaughter, and it's a tragedy.

But ever since then she has made excuse after excuse for her daughter, and expected us to buy the baloney.

I'm sorry, but patience wears thin after weeks of this stuff.

You will find that everyone on Webslteuths has compassion, but liars get very little of it.

Liars in a case about missing children get no compassion from me, sorry.

And also, it seems to me they cared more about ticking off their daughter then gaining custody of that baby. So they do hold some responsibility - they should have gone to the state and done the paperwork and right now we wouldn't be here.

i have no compassion for casey but i do for her parents .. they didnt do this . she did ,and they are having to deal with the aftermath .. and they just dont know how to deal with it .

well said, I looked at Cindy last night during the HG show. she has aged 10 years this past month....I'm sure that niether she or George has had a full night of sleep since this has happened....Casey most likely killed her child and now she is doing it slowly to her own parents.

I hope that G&C can come to get a grip to save themselves and their son. it's going to take a very strong marriage for them to survive the upcoming months.

Few people understand the dynamics of a young adult child snorting their first cocaine at a party or smoking pot to impress their friends.

Granted most young adults don't kill their own children because of it but it does make us wonder where our society is headed to when we refuse to become educated about the dangers of recreational drugs and how drug use has long term consequences.

It can happen to anyone who has a young adult child. When that young adult has their own child, the dangers are mulitiplied beyond comprehension.

I'm not saying that is the case here but it does make us think we are not doing enough to educate our young people about cause and effect.

IMO.

I can now give you the other side of the story. I was married to the pathological liar. I know that his parents spent the 13 years we were married helping him cover his lies from me. They were his enablers because they cared more about the image of normalcy at the expense of their grandchild. Whenever I would get close to finding out about a lie, they would clam up. So many things about him and his past were kept from me so that they could sleep at night with the image of their son acting normal. When I finally left, my ex father in law told me that everything was my fault because I didn't pay close enough attention and keep his son out of trouble.:waitasec:
Cindy and George have continued the charade, making excuses and still enabling the chaos. I am sorry, but they have blood on their hands too.:mad:
Gram, I don't say this to hurt you, but I lived the other side. I was the victim, and I have alot of anger toward the enablers as well.
I'm glad you at least faced the truth.

Annie, it totally makes sense. And while I don't think there is a "text book" way to handle way the Anthony's are going through, it breaks my heart to see them literally fall apart in front of the media. What happened to their spokesperson. Don't they have anyone helping them? I know that many times people like Mark Klass, John Walsh or Elizabeth Smart's dad, etc, will step forward.

I just want to reach out and tell them to stop talking, stop talking...right now I think they are hurting the case rather than helping.

Does that make sense?

Yes, it does---

Cindy coming out when Jose was talking to the 'internet nuts" (lol) was uncalled for ...and her hammering the "no trespassing" signs out front--
Someone else could be doing that--it's like she likes the media attention in a weird way-?

I was worried when she had that hammer in her hand talking to reporter with it , she may use it on them .:eek: 'Easy with that hammer lady!:chicken:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back