Try to have some compassion

My point was that families often stand behind their suspected/convicted loved ones.

Michael Peterson's adopted daughters still stand by their father. So does Jeffery MacDonald's own family. I only listed some of the cases where family members are still defending the accused/suspected/convicted killer. There is also Patricia Allenson's enabling mother and stepfather. Tom Capano's brothers stood behind him. My list could go on and on.

Perfect strangers to suspects/convicted people defend and support them.

I think Casey is guilty of premeditated murder. But, I can't forget Cindy's 911 call. I do not think she or George had anything to do with Caylee's going missing. Therefore even if they aren't likeable, they are also victims.

I think sociopaths and bad people can come from any kind of family and that after a certain age we are solely responsible for our actions.

IMO

Noone questions that the Anthony's are standing behind their loved ones. The reprehensible thing is that they are standing behind 1 loved one, while essentially leaving the other for the gators. Caylee deserves a true advocate in their family. Supporting Casey to a point is fine. But actively choosing to interfere with the search for their more then obviously dead grandaughter, for fear of what it might say about their daughter is horrible.

I agree they are in a truly dark place. No matter which way they turn a loved family member is lost or in trouble. But the way they are handling it is beyond insane.

I think everybody would have compassion for George and Cindy if they would have told the truth from day one, and not lied, and lied about everything. JMO

True Dazzling - but just because they lied to the public doesn't mean they lied to LE. And that is where it is important. These folks were under siege by the media and they could see everything sliding away and they were being asked to publically admit that their daughter was a murderer and their grandbaby was dead. That's a lot, in my opinion.

I don't care how much they lied to the public, as long as they were straight with LE. So far, it appears they are being straight with LE in that there have been no grumblings of obstruction of justice from anyone but the public. Until LE says they were not truthful, I don't care how much they lie to me.

Salem

True Dazzling - but just because they lied to the public doesn't mean they lied to LE. And that is where it is important. These folks were under siege by the media and they could see everything sliding away and they were being asked to publically admit that their daughter was a murderer and their grandbaby was dead. That's a lot, in my opinion.

I don't care how much they lied to the public, as long as they were straight with LE. So far, it appears they are being straight with LE in that there have been no grumblings of obstruction of justice from anyone but the public. Until LE says they were not truthful, I don't care how much they lie to me.

Salem
yep your basically saying its LE's business to solve this and that anthonys do not owe us any explanations .i agree as long as they are telling the truth to LE and the people who can help solve this case that IS all that matters .besides if they are reading on forums they know exactly what the public thinks of them .they arnt gonna be truthful or want to talk to anyone . i wouldnt want to .they dont trust the public

I have compassion for the family, but not in the way it seems others are taking it.

I see the family as a whole as a sick, disfunctional, lying, angry, emotional, uncaring mess. I can not fathom how they can stand themselves, and eachother, and for that, I feel sorry for them.

Their world must be a horrible place to live in.

They have all made such a mess of themselves, their image...I just don't see how effectively they will be able to go on after that.

Now, that doesn't mean I like them. It doesn't mean I think they're not guilty. And it doesn't mean I don't want to see what's comming to them. I do.

But I almost feel I have to have some compassion for them...it's too pathetic to watch them all in action.

It's just beyond bizarre that there are people who want so much for the grandparents to "admit" their missing granddaughter is dead. NO grandparent would give up hope until/unless overwhelming evidence proves that. So far no charges/evidence have even been brought, it's only leaks and media suggestion. I'm with them in continuing to hope Caylee is alive, unless/until it is proven otherwise, absolutely. I sure hope investigators have been continuing to investigate all avenues.

1. Decomp in Casey's car.

2. Possibly Caylee's DNA in Casey's car.

3. Significant amounts of chloroform in Casey's car.

4. Last, but not least. Caylee wasn't reported missing for 31 days.

I'm sure we would all love for Caylee to be alive and well, but facts are facts.

IMO Najame may just get them some compassion back in the process he may be able to make this a missing persons case.

I would've had some compassion if these people were like other parents who actually get out there and look for their children dead or alive. They had plenty of donations. If they thought she was in Puerto Rico they could've easily traveled to Puerto Rico and searched. The same thing with other states and countries. They didn't. Instead they spent their money and time getting Casey out of jail so I can't bring myself to give them compassion or sympathy

Exactly, I wish a reporter would ask Cindy or George...if you think she's in Puerto Rico or Texas, why aren't YOU down there working with the authorities to find her? Cindy and George have the supposed tips. Beth spent months in Aruba. Cindy and George have barely left their home.

Maybe Lee could get off his butt playing computer games and look for Caylee. Oh wait, he's too busy chauffeuring Casey around and doing high fives with her.

My point was that families often stand behind their suspected/convicted loved ones.

Michael Peterson's adopted daughters still stand by their father. So does Jeffery MacDonald's own family. I only listed some of the cases where family members are still defending the accused/suspected/convicted killer. There is also Patricia Allenson's enabling mother and stepfather. Tom Capano's brothers stood behind him. My list could go on and on.

Perfect strangers to suspects/convicted people defend and support them.

I think Casey is guilty of premeditated murder. But, I can't forget Cindy's 911 call. I do not think she or George had anything to do with Caylee's going missing. Therefore even if they aren't likeable, they are also victims.

I think sociopaths and bad people can come from any kind of family and that after a certain age we are solely responsible for our actions.

IMO
good post .. it gets irritating when you hear people say oh it must be the way the parents did this or that .. people are responsible for their own actions ,unless they are mentally disabled, a baby or a little child ect, there are plenty of parents who have done very well by their kids . disciplined them,loved them ect .. and they turn around and commit crimes all the time .its always so easy to blame someone else but the person who did the deed.. there are also lots of kids that come from broken abusive homes that turn into smart loving wonderful people ,that are nothing like thier parents , i see so many on forums or news feeds and such blame the parents .. i think that is why kids get away with the crap they do . they arnt held accountable by the majority of the public the parents are . it always falls back to them.at least that is what i see.. i do not beleive that cindy or george did anything to make casey the way she is we have to remember people arnt perfect and no they shouldnt lie .. not to people that are trying to help them. i think they just got themselves mixed up in their daughters mess and lies and now they dont know what the hell to do . and we can suggest all we want to them what they SHOULD do . doesnt mean they will . casey is their daughter caylee their granddaughter . how do you choose ? this is their mindset i beleive . im not defending them im just suggesting this is how they are feeling

1. Decomp in Casey's car.

2. Possibly Caylee's DNA in Casey's car.

3. Significant amounts of chloroform in Casey's car.

4. Last, but not least. Caylee wasn't reported missing for 31 days.

I'm sure we would all love for Caylee to be alive and well, but facts are facts.

Yes, yes they are. The facts are what they are and those of us with an objective mind can make of them what we will. But as a grandparent, I would never believe my grandchild was dead, especially at the hands of my daughter, until she was actually found, placed in front of my face and I could look no where else. And then you would hear wailing and screeching like you have never heard before - the very thought makes my knees weak.

Salem

Yes, yes they are. The facts are what they are and those of us with an objective mind can make of them what we will. But as a grandparent, I would never believe my grandchild was dead, especially at the hands of my daughter, until she was actually found, placed in front of my face and I could look no where else. And then you would hear wailing and screeching like you have never heard before - the very thought makes my knees weak.

Salem
that is the same way i would be .. there would have to be PROOF not peices of paper stating that it is .. theyd have to have her hair or anything of hers .. physical proof

It is possible to hold out hope sure, but to this extent? To flat out ignore/exclude any other evidence?

They aren't searching themselves for this child, instead they are focused on if people believe their daughter or not.. How do you have compassion for that?

I suppose if MY heart was telling me that we should be supporting, defending and helping KC then I would have compassion, but ME along with many other people in this world have in our hearts the desire to support, defend and help Caylee... so from that point, NO there is ABSOLUTELY no compassion.

I have to believe if I were in this situation, I would have common sense when faced with details or evidence. Something I have yet to see or hear from the Grandparents.

This reminds me so much of the relationship my parents have with my mentally ill sister. Recently I called them out about their lies concerning my sister and was told that they were justifiable because a parent has the right to safeguard a child's reputation even if that means lying to family members and friends. They also have convinced my two brothers that this is appropriate and that I have no right to expect the truth when it comes to their children. This coming from people who have strong bible based beliefs about integrity. I was shocked, utterly floored. I would venture to guess that the A's feel the same way

Salem

Salem I understand your sentiment, but if you were faced with DNA evidence of death combined with scientific and circumstantial evidence that it occurred at the hands of your daughter, do you really think you would still have to see a body?

This is an honest question, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck. I'm wondering because of the huge population of alligators in Florida.

As a Grandparent I would be begging the media to give me air time. I'd be delirious, wondering if the baby had food/ shelter / clothing /warm clothing. Was she sick? How afraid she must be. Does she ask for me? To please let me know what ransom they wanted so I could pay them......I'd keep LE out of it. But please, PLEASE I'm begging you contact me. I'd beg them not to hurt her. But mostly I'd offer my life in her place....kill me do whatever you want but please don't hurt my baby.

I could never sit on my butt / make excuses for anyone /& fail to do anything!!!!

Well said! Although I am not yet a grandmother, I am a mother. And I can tell you, as most mothers will, that there is nothing I would not do, or give, including my own life, without hesitation, for the return of my child. There is no greater love.

IMO Najame may just get them some compassion back in the process he may be able to make this a missing persons case.
I agree! He certainly may be able to help restore a little compassion. I certainly hope he doesn't spin the case around in the oposite direction...it is already 30 days behind what it should have been if she were imediately reported missing. While I think he talks a great line and is very sincere I think there is too much released to convince the public that this little girl is alive. (imhoo)

Salem

I think that explains why the Anthonys are in such denial. I just don't believe they are in on it or trying to cover for their daughter. They refuse to believe their daughter is capable of doing such a horrible thing. Some people are trying to make the Anthonys out to be the Manson family. I don't see it that way. I think they have made many bad decisions lately, but who could possibly think straight in a situation like this?

I agree 100%.

I don't agree with their behavior and I think they are not coping and in denial and panicking and under more stress than is even remotely imaginable, but the only person I feel enraged with and digusted with is Casey.

Casey is the selfish one.
Casey is the thief.
Casey is the liar.
Casey is the murderer. (Can you tell I don't think it was an accident?)

I feel badly for everyone in her family. To me, Casey is the monster, not them.

I hate the way they're behaving right now, hate it! But I can't bring myself to judge their character or judge them as selfish and pitiless in general considering the unimaginable stress they're under and considering their previous attempts to turn her in for theft, etc. and that they spent three years trying to help Casey and provided Caylee with a loving home. IMO, the Anthonys stepped in unselfishly to help Casey and Caylee and take care of them.

They did call the cops and tell them they wanted her arrested for theft--the very first day Cindy found Casey. Cindy drove Casey straight to the police station (closed), not to get an ice cream cone.

Once Casey pulled the kidnapping story, they did immediately call police, not start a cover up.

IMO, feeling badly for the Anthonys does not detract one bit for the sympathy and pain I feel for Caylee.

I feel nothing but pain and sorrow for that precious angel Caylee.

I just also feel bad for the Anthonys. I hate their behavior right now and I'm frustrated that they can't handle the stress to the point of this denial, but anger? Nope--that's allllllllllll reserved for Casey and Casey alone!

Great post.

I agree. I wish Casey would just stop lying! I read somewhere that even LP said that she wasn't talking to her family about anything.

This is all trying to come to terms with what is happening. They aren't doing it perfectly, but how can they? If I had people knocking on my front door, if I couldn't turn on my television or visit my favorite websites without seeing my family plastered there, if I couldn't walk out to the counselor without the media swarming my car, then how in the world would I be able to cope? I know that all of this is occurring because of their reactions, but they have not had a moment to just grieve... for their daughter AND their granddaughter. Yes, they are losing a daughter as well.

I hate that this happened... and I'm sure they do as well. I just wish Casey would tell the truth for once. It would ease the burden on all of us, but ESPECIALLY on the Anthony family.

I think everybody would have compassion for George and Cindy if they would have told the truth from day one, and not lied, and lied about everything. JMO

Here, here I couldn't agree with you more.

It would be much different if these people did not look America in the eye and lie directly to our faces! They repeatedly slap LE/FBI in the face as well. And let's not forget Texas Equusearch and Tim Miller who dropped and came here to find Caylee and he was completely and utterly disrespected as well.

I have tried to find compassion for the family, but the high-5s between KC and Lee just about did me in.

I have tried to find compassion for the family, but the high-5s between KC and Lee just about did me in.

How very sick and sad was that?
This little 3 yr old baby is missing and her mother and uncle are high fiving each other.
If that does not give a window into what this family is I don't know what does.

Compassion for them?
Why was the $50,000 given for Casey's release from JiaL?

If the GP have info that Caylee is alive why are they not going to these places using the $50,000 to find her?

Why did Casey as her mother not refuse the bond and tell them to use the money to find her daughter?
That is what any other mother would have done. at least I as a mother if my child was missing I would have forgone the bond.
As a Grandmother, if I had info my grandaughter was somewhere I would have used that money to find her.
If people have a negative picture of these people it is because they themselves are taking the picture.

The Anthony's have shown more concern for Casey than they have ever shown for Caylee. Very Very sad, that poor little baby had no one in her corner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back