Try to have some compassion

And sometimes we enable them, but believing their lies and reinforcing their invincible attitudes. Sometimes, we need to open our eyes and face the realities. Had your son murdered one of your grandchildren would you lie to back up his lies?

You should read the whole thread before jumping on me.

I don't think that the A's lack courage...I think it's more that they have an abundance of selfishness. IMO

We can put pop diagnoses on it, name it...but sometimes it just comes down to not caring a whit about anything or anyone but themselves. Outward appearances...

My heart & compassion will be reserved for Caylee.

Maybe if the grandparents did not have Casey in the house and were able to access some medication for traumatic stress and to help them sleep, they would be able to somehow cope and become aware.

That's true, sadly, they may never be able to stop wondering. No one should have to live with an agony like that but it happens sometimes. I'm not sure if Casey knows the truth or can provide enough information to get to the truth. My opinion only. In the meantime, the authorities should be investigating absolutely everyone who was around or in contact with Casey and/or Caylee in the months prior to the disappearance. They shouldn't be waiting for Casey to be able to tell them what happened, if you ask me.

LE hasn't waited. She is the POI, not her friends. Anything they tell LE will help, but Casey is the one who needs to tell them any and everything she can concerning her daughter.

Maybe if the grandparents did not have Casey in the house and were able to access some medication for traumatic stress and to help them sleep, they would be able to somehow cope and become aware.

I agree 100%.

I don't agree with their behavior and I think they are not coping and in denial and panicking and under more stress than is even remotely imaginable, but the only person I feel enraged with and digusted with is Casey.

Casey is the selfish one.
Casey is the thief.
Casey is the liar.
Casey is the murderer. (Can you tell I don't think it was an accident?)

I feel badly for everyone in her family. To me, Casey is the monster, not them.

I hate the way they're behaving right now, hate it! But I can't bring myself to judge their character or judge them as selfish and pitiless in general considering the unimaginable stress they're under and considering their previous attempts to turn her in for theft, etc. and that they spent three years trying to help Casey and provided Caylee with a loving home. IMO, the Anthonys stepped in unselfishly to help Casey and Caylee and take care of them.

They did call the cops and tell them they wanted her arrested for theft--the very first day Cindy found Casey. Cindy drove Casey straight to the police station (closed), not to get an ice cream cone.

Once Casey pulled the kidnapping story, they did immediately call police, not start a cover up.

IMO, feeling badly for the Anthonys does not detract one bit for the sympathy and pain I feel for Caylee.

I feel nothing but pain and sorrow for that precious angel Caylee.

I just also feel bad for the Anthonys. I hate their behavior right now and I'm frustrated that they can't handle the stress to the point of this denial, but anger? Nope--that's allllllllllll reserved for Casey and Casey alone!

I just listened to that song, and OMG I AM SOOOOO JADED, COLD AND HEARTLESS (Who Am I)!! I didnt shed a tear.
I kept thinking, Casey you eff*** Witch (B) if you'd tell the police the truth and actually work to finding your daughter instead of putting songs on myspace!! Then I thought, If you hadnt killed her she would be with you, you stupid *advertiser censored*. Man that made me almost as mad as her having the nuts to where the "where's Caylee shirt" everyday. Also sounds like missing a dead child song more than a missing child song.

I imagine, if my child or grandchild were missing everyday would be the day she is coming home. There are no seasons, no snow falling or leaves changing only minutes or seconds until my baby was coming home. And if someone I was related to had any piece of information, I would be in jail for trying to get any information out of them!!!

Beautiful song, that on anyone else's missing childs webpage would actually mean something.....

And suckers are born every minute.

You hafve named four - can you name anymore? What about the Hacking family? Oh, they admitted their son was guilty. Can't count them.

What about Richard Allen Davis's family. They aren't standing behind that child murderer are they?

I do not recall Michael Peterson's murdered wife's children standing behind him. I do not recall Jeffrey MacDonald's murdered wife's family standing behind him.

Your theory is hooey. imo.

People have compassion for VICTIMS, not liars.

I think you mean Scott Peterson. His parents are standing behind him, but I think his siblings have written him off. (dont quote me)

I posted this on the daughter in the trunk thread but I think it also fits here. And Gram, I can have some compassion...esp in light of what could be going on with these grandparents (read below). And for anyone who would flame my compassion I will add that it doesn't mean I EXCUSE or APPROVE of the way they are dealing with this situation but it is their defense mechanisms that we must understand and the type they could be employing. It may make them pathological but it does not make them guilty of anything but that.
~~~~
~~~~~

Ihoo I think it is, as a NG talking head said it best, pathological denial. He doesn't want it to be his grandchild....and who would?

~snip~

What are psychological defense mechanisms?
They are psychological strategies used individuals (and by extension--groups of indidivuals and even entire nations at times) to cope with reality and to maintain his/her self -image intact.

A healthy person will use many different defenses throughout life. A defense mechanism becomes pathological when it is used persistantly and leads to maladaptive behavior that will eventually threaten the physical and/or mental health of the individual. Having said that, there are psychological defenses that are:
1) almost always pathological - when they prevent the individual from being able to cope with a real threat and obscure his/her ability to perceive reality;
2) immature - used in childhood and adolescence, but mostly abandoned by adulthood, since they lead to socially unacceptable behavior and/or prevent the adult from optimal coping with reality;
3) neurotic - common in everyone, but clearly not optimal for coping with reality since they lead to problems in relationships; work; and problems in enjoying life; and finally,
4) mature defense mechanisms - used by "healthy" adults, they optimize one's ability to have normal relationships; enjoy work, and to take pleasure in life.
~snip~
http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2004/08...echanisms.html

In my opinion, the grandparents defense mechanism of denial in what has happend to their grand child and what their daughter has done is of the neurotic type...imhoo

~snip~
Level 1 Defense Mechanisms - Almost always pathological; for the user these three defenses permit someone to rearrange external reality (and therefore not have to cope with reality); for the beholder, the users of these mechanisms frequently appear crazy or insane. These are the "psychotic" defenses, common in overt psychosis, in dreams, and throughout childhood. They include:

Denial - a refusal to accept external reality because it is too threatening. There are examples of denial being adaptive (for example, it might be adaptive for a person who is dying to have some denial (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE )
Distortion - a gross reshaping of external reality to meet internal needs (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
Delusional Projection - frank delusions about external reality, usually of a persecutory nature (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
~snip~

I tend to believe that this explains a lot of the grandparents behavior...which in my opinion, is pathological. It is sad, imhoo....

I had plenty of compassion, in the begining, and I am sorry they lost a precious family member. However, as time goes on it seems this family is all about the money and not interested in finding Caylee. I am sickened to the core at this point.

Humph, sorry, I'm fresh out of compassion. Perhaps if I would have seen some of this compassion you speak of from the very family that you ask me to feel compassionate towards, things would be very different.

The only think I feel is contempt. Close, they both begin with a 'C'.

I think you mean Scott Peterson. His parents are standing behind him, but I think his siblings have written him off. (dont quote me)
Nopers, quite certain they meant Michael Peterson from Peterson East. Scott Peterson and Laci did not have any children other then the baby that never had a chance to breath his first breath thanks to his murdering sperm donor.

*raises hand* That would be me! I have said it before, and I will say it again.
I would pick that skinny little Bi**h up, throw her against the wall and demand she tell me where she put my granddaughter. How do I know I would do this? Well I was raised in a home where you have respect for your parents, and if you lied... You paid. My parents did not tolerate dishonesty nor will I.

Were you raised at my house?
I'd be the very same way & if she never liked it she could / would beg to be thrown back in the slammer. There is no way I'd let people degrade me like the Anthony's have. Daughter or no daughter.......

I would love to have some compassion, but I keep thinking how far $50,000 would have gone in an effort to bring Caylee home, and if she was truly alive, wouldn't that be Casey's best defense? Her parents decision to bring Casey home speaks volumes to me. I believe they know little Caylee will never be brought home alive.

I would've had some compassion if these people were like other parents who actually get out there and look for their children dead or alive. They had plenty of donations. If they thought she was in Puerto Rico they could've easily traveled to Puerto Rico and searched. The same thing with other states and countries. They didn't. Instead they spent their money and time getting Casey out of jail so I can't bring myself to give them compassion or sympathy

Has it actually been reported that George took the supplies?

I do not know if it has been reported in the media. I do know what was told to me directly from TES. If I know Tim, he looked the other way on the issue. I hope someone asks GA about it directly.

I'd have compassion if they hadn't called people maggots and blamed others for not looking for Caylee when they have given no indications of where to START looking?

And where is the plea to the "kidnappers"? Why is Cindy not crying and pleading in front of a camera for those who have Caylee to bring her home? NG would play that over and over and all the major media outlets would have picked it up. It's too late now, if that's what their new fame seeking lawyer is planning with a media blitz.

And suckers are born every minute.

You hafve named four - can you name anymore? What about the Hacking family? Oh, they admitted their son was guilty. Can't count them.

What about Richard Allen Davis's family. They aren't standing behind that child murderer are they?

I do not recall Michael Peterson's murdered wife's children standing behind him. I do not recall Jeffrey MacDonald's murdered wife's family standing behind him.

Your theory is hooey. imo.

People have compassion for VICTIMS, not liars.

My point was that families often stand behind their suspected/convicted loved ones.

Michael Peterson's adopted daughters still stand by their father. So does Jeffery MacDonald's own family. I only listed some of the cases where family members are still defending the accused/suspected/convicted killer. There is also Patricia Allenson's enabling mother and stepfather. Tom Capano's brothers stood behind him. My list could go on and on.

Perfect strangers to suspects/convicted people defend and support them.

I think Casey is guilty of premeditated murder. But, I can't forget Cindy's 911 call. I do not think she or George had anything to do with Caylee's going missing. Therefore even if they aren't likeable, they are also victims.

I think sociopaths and bad people can come from any kind of family and that after a certain age we are solely responsible for our actions.

IMO

I had sympathy for them in the very beginning! Then it went down hill from there. GA goes to Staples and takes $1500 worth of supplies that were destinated for TES and then won't help them look for Caylee. Won't give them anything of hers so they can try to find her. They continue to go out in the front yard doing meaningless tasks (putting up yellow tape) and therefore setting off the protesters. I don't believe that the protesters should be there either but if I had searched all day in the heat looking for their grandchild maybe I would want to protest at the Anthony home since they are doing nothing but treating KC with kid gloves and doing nothing to help. Then she goes to her attorney's office everyday for 6 hours and today it looked like she had her hair highlighted to me. IMO

Great Post!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

As a Grandparent I would be begging the media to give me air time. I'd be delirious, wondering if the baby had food/ shelter / clothing /warm clothing. Was she sick? How afraid she must be. Does she ask for me? To please let me know what ransom they wanted so I could pay them......I'd keep LE out of it. But please, PLEASE I'm begging you contact me. I'd beg them not to hurt her. But mostly I'd offer my life in her place....kill me do whatever you want but please don't hurt my baby.

I could never sit on my butt / make excuses for anyone /& fail to do anything!!!!

As a Grandparent I would be begging the media to give me air time. I'd be delirious, wondering if the baby had food/ shelter / clothing /warm clothing. Was she sick? How afraid she must be. Does she ask for me? To please let me know what ransom they wanted so I could pay them......I'd keep LE out of it. But please, PLEASE I'm begging you contact me. I'd beg them not to hurt her. But mostly I'd offer my life in her place....kill me do whatever you want but please don't hurt my baby.

I could never sit on my butt / make excuses for anyone /& fail to do anything!!!!

EXACTLY! :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland
Back