GA GA - Monica Bowie, 34, Dekalb County, 5 July 2007

LE may have closed it, but it will never be closed here at WS or in our hearts until Monica is brought home to her family and friends!!! Please continue to be on alert for UID's around Atlanta and it's vicinity-you never know when it could be this strong, intelligent wonderful woman...

Peace to you...and prayers on behalf of Monica and her family.

Thank you believe!

an UID partial female skeleton has been found 8/12/2008 outside of a dry cleaners in Atlanta...

https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=2351

Since it is part of a femur discovered and Flat Shoals Rd is a route from Candler Rd. out of Decatur where her car was found, this should be looked at further. It appears that an animal dragged the femur from another location as I doubt the femur was sitting on the sidewalk for any length of time. Although it is a very populated city Atlanta also has many wooded areas within the city.

I have always felt that Monica wasn't too far from the metro area. Early on I projected that she could be placed in several areas leading out towards Stone Mountain or in this case SE of Decatur. The people that did this would not travel too far out of their comfort zone or they would have driven her car outside of Atlanta metro area and burned it there. But, they didn't. I believe the same thing of the remains as the one true thing is not a lot of searches go on for missing people in Atlanta.That is known by all locals.

The partial femur was actually discovered off Flat Shoals Road in south FULTON County, not the Flat Shoals Road in DeKalb County. That doesn't eliminate it from consideration, but I thought I'd clarify.

Thank you for the clarification-I received word from Fulton County that they have the bone, there was animal activity and that they will likely need to do a direct comparison.

Next step-hunting down Monica's DNA samples....

Christine and Friends... On Behalf of the family... I would like to thank you all for your interest in this case. It is definitely appreciated... I just joined WS in order to see if there are any ideas i can come up to find my cousin Monica... I am in Pittsburgh and not familiar with the Atlanta area at all so if there are any suggestions I would appreciate it. It hurts researching tirelessly because I relive the entire situation day in an day out... but it MUST be done... We need Monica HOME... she is loved and missed by all... please help and advise...

Christine and Friends... On Behalf of the family... I would like to thank you all for your interest in this case. It is definitely appreciated... I just joined WS in order to see if there are any ideas i can come up to find my cousin Monica... I am in Pittsburgh and not familiar with the Atlanta area at all so if there are any suggestions I would appreciate it. It hurts researching tirelessly because I relive the entire situation day in an day out... but it MUST be done... We need Monica HOME... she is loved and missed by all... please help and advise...

Welcome Nikki-we all feel the same that it is time for Monica to come home whatever that means. How is Monica's mom doing and has there been any movement with Jasper Keels? I have called and emailed Don Geary, the ADA in DeKalb. The bulk of the data lies with him. I would love to see some more press on her....see if it stirs anything up.

Welcome Nikki-we all feel the same that it is time for Monica to come home whatever that means. How is Monica's mom doing and has there been any movement with Jasper Keels? I have called and emailed Don Geary, the ADA in DeKalb. The bulk of the data lies with him. I would love to see some more press on her....see if it stirs anything up.

Welcome Nikki. I am so sorry we are meeting under these circumstances :(

We HAVE NOT given up, and we won't.

I am haunted by this case, as I know you are believe09. Thank you for your continued persistence working with so many involved.

I am going to talk to Monica's mom tonight and try to see what we can come up with.

Monica's birthday, IIRC, is 3/30, on my mind. I am hoping to get news, print/tv. Organize a vigil if possible. I have to get a list of who to notify to attend. Family lives out of state and not sure I am even able..the vigil might not be possible. I have cards of some that were at the canvass, however, non responded to inital shout outs for more indepth searches of the areas.

I was told it was OK to ask for prayers, Monica's mom had a stroke a bit back. I found out a couple of weeks ago but didn't want to post TMI. Please pray for her, she is doing fantastic, considering. "A little slower" is how she put it. Please keep all involved in your prayers.

2nd....found out tonight that mom has been trying to email me since 12/30 (last email I got was 12/30, then recent one about stroke)..she said "NO, I sent MANY, you weren't answering.. :( " I had her pull up her email and she was sending to someone else in cyberworld!

I let her know that believe09 was in constant contact with local and connecting counties LE and ME and we were still 100% looking and researching even though we hadn't heard from her. She was so relieved. I read her a couple of emails to reassure her w/ME and believe09, ADA, etc.

Anywho...I learned 2 things. We have been naggin the wrong person, unknown to us. Our last word was ADA Don Geary had files, well, NOT. He handed them off to another det and I will have the info shortly and get we will see what is going on. I am told that this det said they had looked over file and were confident there would be nothing new.. :(

The 2nd thing. A friend of Monica's agreed to store all her belongings...he is MIA. Was ready to make arrangments for Monica's family to retrieve belongings and now no return to calls left. In jail? Moved? Mom asked if we can try and locate, call from here locally and see if we can help find her stuff so she can collect it.

Ideas?

I will have new det name and this friends name shortly.

Monica's friend might indeed be MIA or away from her belongings...I am sure we have a number of folks ready and willing to help Monica's mom recover the items. Certainly the new detective would be instrumental in doing that.

I know the bone being tested was in terrible shape when it was discovered. Now is a good time to pray that a good DNA sample can be obtained from it, and some poor soul can be returned to their family...whether it be Monica or not.

I have been reading on the TOPIX forum that was started for Monica. I found much of interest and wonder if anyone has any comments as to the accuracy of some of the statements??

http://www.topix.com/forum/atlanta/TUKG4OCC3AN5FRIN4/p2

Nikki-this might be tough for you if you stay posting on this forum. Sleuthers need to be able to hash out ideas and concepts that might be painful for family members...TOS does not allow for anyone being disrespectful, but the consensus building sleuthers do really helps to propel things forward sometimes...you might want to hang out in this area of WS that is set up for family??
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Your input will be valuable if you can stick around....whatever you are comfortable with??

Christine, I am about 3 hours from Atlanta, but let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with this case. I will begin by praying.

Again thank you for everything... First of all I would like to say thank you for calling my Aunt and giving her hope that "someone // anyone" in GA still cares and if concerned for her baby... I seen a smile in her eyes that I haven't seen in a lonnnnng time... and I thank God that you were able to give her that.

As for me... I have to admit and determined as I am to see this through it gets really really hard for me sometimes... I find my self obsessing and hurting for what my cousin may be or have experienced in this torturous ordeal. So if at anytime you do not hear from me for a while know that I am praying for the strength to continue on... overcome my thoughts... fight off this depression... and stay strong... sometimes i have to step back and step away for awhile just to stay in the race... but i love my cousin and i will keep on with "whatever" until it kills me.

I had a few things on my mind that maybe someone may be able to help me with... I watched a few seasons of the wire and there was a group of "bad guys who disposed of bodies (many) in abandoned buildings and placed the wood panels back on the doors as if they were never touched... my ? is do the police need WARRANTS to search abandoned buildings?

The reason I asked we got a call on the way to ATL when this first happened from a spiritual source to look for XXXX when we got there... not sure of what XXXX was in ref to we just kept our eyes open.... One night we were riding on the hwy at night (not sure which one) and clear as day to my left i seen a sign that said "XXXX" lit up (i believe it may have been XXXX and next to it were red brick buildings... the next day we rode the hwy abt 3x before we found it in the daylight. We took the exit and found (removed by moderator, TMI) My mom and Monica's Mom took off searching the building screaming for monica's name... hoping to hear the slightest wimper or the strongest scream if she recognized any of our voices (OMG Im dying inside all over again)... We searched about 6 or so buildings floor to floor armed with whatever the debris allowed but hadn't found her. The search was interrupted by the firemen and the police advising that these buildings were dangerous because of fire damage, junkies etc and requested that we end our search... I got very enraged (UNDERSTATEMENT) that they did not feel the same sense of urgency that i did so I ran off to continue my search until I opened a door that was attached to a WASP nest.... and was stung countless times... (I was ok... no allergies... ran like hell... and picked out stingers for a few hours) The police officers then assured us that they would continue the search of the rest of the buildings that they were able to access but they found out that some were owned by the city and others were private owned... and would not be able to be searched... so we left and attended Monica's vigil that evening... We never heard anything regarding the search and my HEART does not believe that they did any searching once we left and I have not forgiven myself for not seeing that search thru since... I know I should but it haunts me because i feel like I failed her or gave up. Is there n e way to get those buildings searched by the detective working the case if she were asked??? I will help her *** Wasp bites and all --- I swear I would do it all over again!

Also are there any abandon's located near where the car was found burned?

Lastly... I REALLY HATE THIS HOOD "NO SNITCHING" POLICY... its tolerable for crimes where no one gets hurt in anyway and 2 criminals don't snitch on each other but I BELIEVE ANYTIME SOMEONE IS IN DANGER IN ANY WAY OR HAVE HAD HARM COME TO THEM **** SNITCH ANONYMOUSLY *** * BECAUSE LIVES ARE RUINED, LOST, AND CHANGED FOREVER.... AND IT EATS ME UP THE STATE OF SOCIETY KNOWING THAT SOMEONE SEEN OR HEARD MY COUSIN BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE... AND CHOSE TO CLOSE THEIR MOUTH AND HAVE A BLIND EYE... THESE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT REGARDLESS OF SOURCE... THIS CRIME HAS CHANGED NOT ONLY MONICA'S LIFE BUT THE LIVES OF HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND CO WORKERS *** ANYBODY THAT EVER CROSSED HER PATH BECAUSE SHE HAD THAT MUCH OF AN IMPACT ON ANYONE SHE MET... EVEN WITH WORDS UNSPOKEN... AND I MISS HER AND WANT HER BACK! I said all that to vent and also to ask is their anyone you may know working on a "TELL WHAT YOU KNOW" campaign... maybe we can cut down on crime if the criminals know that there is a consequence to their actions... and fear and intimidation will no longer be affective to a witness with a HEART or a CONSCIENCE...

Im really really worked up and I am going to bed... Thanks for listening, thanks for loving those whose voices have been silenced and thank you for doing work for MY FAMILY who is not in ATL!

If no one else loves and APPRECIATES you MONICA RENEE BOWIE"S family and friends do!!!

Again thank you for everything... First of all I would like to say thank you for calling my Aunt and giving her hope that "someone // anyone" in GA still cares and if concerned for her baby... I seen a smile in her eyes that I haven't seen in a lonnnnng time... and I thank God that you were able to give her that.

As for me... I have to admit and determined as I am to see this through it gets really really hard for me sometimes... I find my self obsessing and hurting for what my cousin may be or have experienced in this torturous ordeal. So if at anytime you do not hear from me for a while know that I am praying for the strength to continue on... overcome my thoughts... fight off this depression... and stay strong... sometimes i have to step back and step away for awhile just to stay in the race... but i love my cousin and i will keep on with "whatever" until it kills me.

I had a few things on my mind that maybe someone may be able to help me with... I watched a few seasons of the wire and there was a group of "bad guys who disposed of bodies (many) in abandoned buildings and placed the wood panels back on the doors as if they were never touched... my ? is do the police need WARRANTS to search abandoned buildings?

The reason I asked we got a call on the way to ATL when this first happened from a spiritual source to look for XXXX when we got there... not sure of what XXXX was in ref to we just kept our eyes open.... One night we were riding on the hwy at night (not sure which one) and clear as day to my left i seen a sign that said "XXXX" lit up (i believe it may have been XXXX and next to it were red brick buildings... the next day we rode the hwy abt 3x before we found it in the daylight. We took the exit and found (removed by moderator, TMI) My mom and Monica's Mom took off searching the building screaming for monica's name... hoping to hear the slightest wimper or the strongest scream if she recognized any of our voices (OMG Im dying inside all over again)... We searched about 6 or so buildings floor to floor armed with whatever the debris allowed but hadn't found her. The search was interrupted by the firemen and the police advising that these buildings were dangerous because of fire damage, junkies etc and requested that we end our search... I got very enraged (UNDERSTATEMENT) that they did not feel the same sense of urgency that i did so I ran off to continue my search until I opened a door that was attached to a WASP nest.... and was stung countless times... (I was ok... no allergies... ran like hell... and picked out stingers for a few hours) The police officers then assured us that they would continue the search of the rest of the buildings that they were able to access but they found out that some were owned by the city and others were private owned... and would not be able to be searched... so we left and attended Monica's vigil that evening... We never heard anything regarding the search and my HEART does not believe that they did any searching once we left and I have not forgiven myself for not seeing that search thru since... I know I should but it haunts me because i feel like I failed her or gave up. Is there n e way to get those buildings searched by the detective working the case if she were asked??? I will help her *** Wasp bites and all --- I swear I would do it all over again!

Also are there any abandon's located near where the car was found burned?

Lastly... I REALLY HATE THIS HOOD "NO SNITCHING" POLICY... its tolerable for crimes where no one gets hurt in anyway and 2 criminals don't snitch on each other but I BELIEVE ANYTIME SOMEONE IS IN DANGER IN ANY WAY OR HAVE HAD HARM COME TO THEM **** SNITCH ANONYMOUSLY *** * BECAUSE LIVES ARE RUINED, LOST, AND CHANGED FOREVER.... AND IT EATS ME UP THE STATE OF SOCIETY KNOWING THAT SOMEONE SEEN OR HEARD MY COUSIN BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE... AND CHOSE TO CLOSE THEIR MOUTH AND HAVE A BLIND EYE... THESE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT REGARDLESS OF SOURCE... THIS CRIME HAS CHANGED NOT ONLY MONICA'S LIFE BUT THE LIVES OF HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND CO WORKERS *** ANYBODY THAT EVER CROSSED HER PATH BECAUSE SHE HAD THAT MUCH OF AN IMPACT ON ANYONE SHE MET... EVEN WITH WORDS UNSPOKEN... AND I MISS HER AND WANT HER BACK! I said all that to vent and also to ask is their anyone you may know working on a "TELL WHAT YOU KNOW" campaign... maybe we can cut down on crime if the criminals know that there is a consequence to their actions... and fear and intimidation will no longer be affective to a witness with a HEART or a CONSCIENCE...

Im really really worked up and I am going to bed... Thanks for listening, thanks for loving those whose voices have been silenced and thank you for doing work for MY FAMILY who is not in ATL!

If no one else loves and APPRECIATES you MONICA RENEE BOWIE"S family and friends do!!!

Oh my girl-I am sending you hugs and thoughts of peace. Let's channel that pain into sorting all of this out. We have some movement on Monica's possessions, we have some movement on the DNA and comparisons so this could be the year for answers for this wonderful woman and all of you.

Warrants can be tricky. I think it is interesting that a spiritualist channeled energy from an abandoned building, and I agree that this might be a likely scenario for Monica although I am not a huge fan of psychics.

If we take into consideration the likely movements of the perps in this case, there is a one mile area in Atlanta where Monica might be I have been told by the ADA. That area is indeed full of abandoned buildings.

Now that Monica's things have been located, I wonder if TES would consider a search through that area-just thinking out loud, but with items of hers to scent they could bring in two kinds of doggies and perhaps narrow her location if she is still to be found...TES can be invited to join a search by either law enforcement or family.

For those who are reading with us here, what do you think? Does this make sense?

Update:

I have been talking with Monica's mom (MM) quite a bit the last few days trying to contact the fellow that has Monica's belongings.

MM hasn't been able to get return calls...I got ahold of fellow (calling from ATL #, he answered) I spoke to him and asked him to please call mom. He did not...MM also left several messages...this morning I decided to call from ATL business #, thinking that might get an answer, it did. He assured me that he has Monica's things packed and also told me the storage location. He apologized saying he owns 2 businessess and is sorry that he hasn't returned calls, he was very nice and seemed to want to help MM. We ended with he would call today and have my and MM's names added to account and contact me with confirmation this afternoon so that we can then figure out how to get the things to PA.

NIKKI, stay strong! I am sending you love, strength and peace. We haven't and won't give up.

Oh my girl-I am sending you hugs and thoughts of peace. Let's channel that pain into sorting all of this out. We have some movement on Monica's possessions, we have some movement on the DNA and comparisons so this could be the year for answers for this wonderful woman and all of you.

Warrants can be tricky. I think it is interesting that a spiritualist channeled energy from an abandoned building, and I agree that this might be a likely scenario for Monica although I am not a huge fan of psychics.

If we take into consideration the likely movements of the perps in this case, there is a one mile area in Atlanta where Monica might be I have been told by the ADA. That area is indeed full of abandoned buildings.

Now that Monica's things have been located, I wonder if TES would consider a search through that area-just thinking out loud, but with items of hers to scent they could bring in two kinds of doggies and perhaps narrow her location if she is still to be found...TES can be invited to join a search by either law enforcement or family.

For those who are reading with us here, what do you think? Does this make sense?

I will discuss this with MM tonight, TES. I think it's a great idea. When we did the inital canvass volunteers from AL Search & Rescue agreed to come with dogs, but det said no we were just doing flyers that day. We tried several times to organize after that in the coming weeks, but we were so new then, and w/o guidance we were unsure what to do. We didn't get much support from LE and had trouble getting volunteers from the list we compiled at the canvass. Now however, there is a new person on the case!

Another thing, I totally dropped the ball on (I am sorry) is trying to get a billboard up. There are a few on the main hwy near Monica's apt IIRC. I am making a huge sign for myself so I won't forget to work on this. Her birthday is at the end of this month we maybe able use that.

Believe09...did we ever talk to crimestoppers? I remember we had in one case but they wouldn't take it because of the 'drug connection', was it this one or another one that happened in?

Nikki, big hugs for you and your family. I am so sorry for the pain you all are going through. Please know that you all, including Monica, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Christine and believe09...you two rock!!!!!! Thank God for people like you two in this world.

NIKKI, stay strong! I am sending you love, strength and peace. We haven't and won't give up.

I will discuss this with MM tonight, TES. I think it's a great idea. When we did the inital canvass volunteers from AL Search & Rescue agreed to come with dogs, but det said no we were just doing flyers that day. We tried several times to organize after that in the coming weeks, but we were so new then, and w/o guidance we were unsure what to do. We didn't get much support from LE and had trouble getting volunteers from the list we compiled at the canvass. Now however, there is a new person on the case!

Another thing, I totally dropped the ball on (I am sorry) is trying to get a billboard up. There are a few on the main hwy near Monica's apt IIRC. I am making a huge sign for myself so I won't forget to work on this. Her birthday is at the end of this month we maybe able use that.

Believe09...did we ever talk to crimestoppers? I remember we had in one case but they wouldn't take it because of the 'drug connection', was it this one or another one that happened in?

I think this was before my time. I can make a plea for her-it makes sense to me to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back