Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The meter man sees something round and white in August -- like a laundry bag. Caylee is later found by the same person in a laundry bag that's inside a black plastic bag.
The meter man never said that he saw soemthing round and white like a laundry bag. He said he saw something round and white...And he said he saw something like a grey-vinyl bag. He didn't say that these two objects were one and the same...

MOO

Supposedly she went swimming after the video was made. Assuming her hair got wet...someone should have taken it down to dry if it was still in a ponytail, imo.

Or how about the ponytail came out or was loose whilst struggling - her hair seems to be very fine, my guess is that her ponytails came out easily - Caylee's hair is just like my youngest daughters was - and no matter what, my daughter was able to wiggle out of her ponytails

Just my opinion - and no it has nothing to do with premeditation - just a scenerio

I think we are getting off track. If RK said he saw duct tape, hair, and the heart sticker at any time...I haven't heard of it.

KC could have attempted all kinds of scenarios - she had 2 and 1/2 days to come up with a story. Scenarios could have occurred to her and she tried them and discarded them. She might have tried to stage an accident and decided that wouldn't work.

As I said, it really does depend on the tape, whether it was ante mortem or post mortem, none of us know when it was placed.

But the skull was not attached to the rest of the skeleton or at least it is my understanding. In that case...they could have slipped it off.

The cutting would be to seperate the hair from the tape. They undergo different forensic testing, they couldn't be left in one piece.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35402&page=4

If you read this post on Christie Wilson you will see reference to an article stating that a "bleached" skull was found with hair still attached and a detached mandible. It is not uncommon to find hair still attached YEARS after the death occurred. (Google "hair attached to skull")Honestly, I do not know to what it attaches. I thought that it was scalp or soft tissue ... but I don't know this for a fact.

I think we are getting off track. If RK said he saw duct tape, hair, and the heart sticker at any time...I haven't heard of it.

Meter reader only said duct tape and hair - nothing about a heart sticker - that was LE when processing the scene

The sticker would not have been visible. The FBI found the remnants of the heart shaped adhesive and told LE to look for a heart shaped sticker.

Meter reader only said duct tape and hair - nothing about a heart sticker - that was LE when processing the scene
Sorry, I haven't made it to read the RK thread yet where I guess it stated he saw duct tape and hair?

Link please. When did the meter reader say anything about duct tape? Sorry I see that you said it was when they were processing the scene ... not when he called 911.

How about this scenario: The tape was wrapped completely around the skull, but instead of the ends meeting, one end is toward the top of the skull (for instance over the top half of the ear area) and the other end is below it (encompassing the lower part of her ear). This would allow the hair and duct tape to remain around the skull if there was no soft tissue remaining. Also, it allows that the tape would not have to overlap.

We had a problem with rodents chewing on the insulation to our air conditioning unit. My DH put duct tape around that area, and it has remained in place for 5 years now. It has endured rain, sleet, hail, snow, heat and humidity.
Only a tiny sliver at the very end is just now starting to lift.

HTH

But the skull was not attached to the rest of the skeleton or at least it is my understanding. In that case...they could have slipped it off.

That's the way I interpreted it too. The responding officer to the discovery of Caylee, reported to YM (in YM's report) that he saw a black bag and a skull.

Later, YM says that he too sees the skull and some hair. I have to go back and look at the exact wording YM used to describe the hair.

Link please. When did the meter reader say anything about duct tape? Sorry I see that you said it was when they were processing the scene ... not when he called 911.

I have not seen the MR state that, but the detective that arrived on the scene on December 11th says it in the most recent document release.

We had a problem with rodents chewing on the insulation to our air conditioning unit. My DH put duct tape around that area, and it has remained in place for 5 years now. It has endured rain, sleet, hail, snow, heat and humidity.

HTH

I think that rodents are why the cadaver dogs hit so many places in the back yard ... even if she had left the body there just overnight small pieces of the remains would have been taken away by the little creatures.

HTH

I, too, have had duct tape last in places for years. But when we applied duct tape to those surfaces we didn't apply them when the surface was moist or wet. At least I didn't.

The skin is moist to begin with, then it decomposes and becomes fluid-like. Also the duct tape we are talking about was submerged in water during and after decompostion of the surface to which it was attached.

I really didn't like typing that:(

I, too, have had duct tape last in places for years. But when we applied duct tape to those surfaces we didn't apply them when the surface was moist or wet. At least I didn't.

The skin is moist to begin with, then it decomposes and becomes fluid-like. Also the duct tape we are talking about was submerged in water during and after decompostion of the surface to which it was attached.

I really didn't like typing that:(

They also haven't said whether it was a single layer of duct tape or multiple layers. I think duct tape adhered to itself would be more sturdy and lasting than a single piece.

I think that rodents are why the cadaver dogs hit so many places in the back yard ... even if she had left the body there just overnight small pieces of the remains would have been taken away by the little creatures.

I think she contemplated burying her in the backyard and laid the bag down in the places where the dogs hit. The first spot was just outside the door going into the backyard, she puts the body down goes back for the shovel. Sets the bag by the playhouse while she contemplates pulling up the pavers. Tries the third spot the dog hit on, and then heads for the first wooded area she can find (a whole 0.3 miles from the house).

Perhaps the killer cut or tore a rather long piece of duct tape and intended to wrap it all the way around, but it wasn't actually long enough so there was a space. That might account for sources early on from the scene saying it was wrapped "around" (heard that on NGrace) and the report saying there were two distinct ends. The more surface around the head that was covered the more it would stay in place and possibly aid in keeping the hair in place as well.

Going over the hair indicates to me that it was put on post mortem.

No one ever said Casey would use any common sense in trying to stage a kidnapping because she lives in a fantasy world where she is never held accountable for her lies and in most cases, is not even confronted.

Edited to add: staging a kidnapping goes to premeditation big time and I think the DP should be brought back to the table.

Her story about Zanny says to me she was planning on the kidnapping theory all along and the duct tape around the mouth and heart would be blamed on the kidnapper.

She searched missing children information.
She fantasized she would be seen as the unfortunate victim.
She could blame a missing Caylee on someone else and at the same time, deprive her mother of the child she loved.
She would be free to have a relationship without that repsonsibility.

I think she didn't report it for some time because she was a bit hesitant to put a halt to all the fun she was having with her new freedom. She procrastinated to be self-serving and it made her staging effort go bad. Foiled by one's selfish destruction again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member