Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you might place duct tape over a child's mouth if you're staging a kidnap scenario.

It might have been placed over her mouth because fluids were leaking out into her trunk and she was simply trying to plug a leak. Gray duct tape is so boring, and dull though. Putting a little heart on it would make it more girly and give it a little flare. She might have thought Caylee would like it. Who knows what goes on in Casey's twisted brain?

Or she might have been trying to bribe her to keep quiet and hold still. If Mommy puts a pretty heart sticker on it, will you be a good girl? It will be FUN! Caylee might even have gone along with it for about a minute. Little ones LOVE stickers and they are often used for rewards for things they do or do not do. Still, as others have said, if Casey was just trying to to keep her quiet temporarily, she would not be able to undo the damage from the duct tape or explain it or keep Caylee from talking about it, so that scenario is less likely unless Casey was drunk/drugged at the time and just didn't think it through. She IS quite impulsive, even stone sober, after all.

I was also wondering if she might have done it to show that she wasn't REALLY such a bad person. That way she could get on with her life with a clean conscience, because putting a pretty heart sticker on Caylee was kind of like a token apology, the way a guy will bring flowers to his wife when he's screwed up. Many guys think that solves everything and it puts the matter behind them. They get confused when the woman is STILL mad, even though they brought flowers.

I'm inclined to think that it was a melodramatic sort of gesture, like something out of a Victorian novel. Even if she was the only one who ever knew about it, she would have that little memory of her grand goodbye gesture. If she WERE allowed to go to the funeral unfettered, you just KNOW she would throw herself on the casket and/or wail dramatically because she thinks that would show everyone that she really IS heartbroken over it and it's what she's SUPPOSED to do.

The detective on Headline News yesterday (not Mike that other guy who wears suspenders whose name escapes me now), thought that since the heart sticker was found that KC may have had an accomplice because he cant picture Casey putting the heart and the blanket etc. He said it would be someone that cared, and kC doesnt care about Caylee, just herself.
I couldnt believe it, and I disagree with him. I think no random person would put a heart sticker or blanket. To me this proves even MORE KC did it ALONE.

You know I had a hard time thinking that Casey could kill Caylee, especially after seeing all the pictures - but then after reading ALL the other stuff going on and everything she did and didn't do - I believe that Casey acted alone and it ended up not being an accident - I think the kidnapping (duct tape, car abandoned, etc.) was all a set up by her - which was researched prior - whether or not she planned on carrying out her plan, I don't know - she very well could have dreamed it, planned it but never thought it would actually happen

We have to remember Casey lived in Fantasyland, she was not based in reality at all

The heart sticker, maybe Casey had a manic moment and really didn't know what she was doing - or a manic few days - then after the body was gone, then she figured she could go back to normal

I heard this today and I could not believe it.

How on earth could the person who murdered Caylee, believe that somehow this will make up for the fact of killing her.

It makes me think that this was done to "comfort" the person who killed her, somehow maybe a warped form of love. Who knows, but it is "strange" to say the least.

I think it is weird, shows the state of mind of the person who killed her.

Im actually confused with this new doc dump. I understood KC is a psychopath with a totally lack of emotion the rest of us feel. She didnt love or care about Caylee.
But.....
Caylees Blanket, toy and even the sticker (heart shaped sticker on the mouth, ie kiss goodbye) gives the impression that KC actually cared about Caylee.
I just dont find that plausible if KC is a psychopath.

The blanket could have been dirty and already in the laundry hamper bag before Caylee's body was put there or she was wrapped in it because it was there when she was murdered so it was convenient. I think the toy was also just on the blanket and not intentionally put there. The duct tape negates the heart sticker as being a loving gesture, imo.

People say she is a Sociopath, not a Psychopath (even her own mother called her a Sociopath).

I had to look this up because it was really bugging me (as an old ranch girl who has seen a few dug-up animal bodies and fairly certain that hair is attached to a scalp not a skull).

After reading the following, I knew I had been correct, sooo...me thinks the evidence hair was attached to the duct tape in the skull area and that a previous poster nailed it when she/he thought the duct tape was probably wrapped around her head more than once.

I googled: 'forensic anthropology' skeleton hair scalp death....and found this...

http://books.google.com/books?id=ak...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result

Everytime I think about the damned heart shaped sticker I am reminded of how my pediatrician would give me a sticker after every visit. There are so many terrible things about Caylee's death and the treatment of her remains but this is quite possibly the most offensive. I can almost imagine Casey doing this mockingly or in an attempt to mimic what she perceives to be the appropriate response.

I heard this today and I could not believe it.

How on earth could the person who murdered Caylee, believe that somehow this will make up for the fact of killing her.

It makes me think that this was done to "comfort" the person who killed her, somehow maybe a warped form of love. Who knows, but it is "strange" to say the least.

I think it is weird, shows the state of mind of the person who killed her.

Sorry but this struck me as funny in a dark sort of a way. Geez Mom, sorry I killed yer granddaughter, it is always about Caylee, you didn't even comment on my pretty sticker, you don't get what I going through, I'm a victim too.

I just can't imagine placing duct tape on a small child or for that matter anyone -- so sad.

I just went to check my package to be sure. All the "peelable" stickers do have the dog head with the exception of one that is a heart with writing referencing it's time to get more from your vet. There is a plain red heart on the first sheet, but it is printed on and doesn't peel off.

Is it possible that the sticker on the duct tape was not put there on purpose? Is the following scenario even feasible?

KC kills Caylee, duct tape is put on mouth either before or after death. At some point Caylee is put down somewhere - car trunk, bedroom floor, etc. Caylee is laid face down and at that point, a heart sticker that had been put on something else and come loose attaches itself to the duct tape. KC then puts Caylee into laundry bag and trash bag or just one bag to start with, without ever really looking at her so doesn't see the heart. Caylee's face is pressed against side of bag, making the heart sticker adhere more securely to the duct tape. If it had only been light pressed to whatever it orginally was put on, there would still be a lot of stickiness on it. If the body was positioned where the duct taped part was pressed against the side of the bag for any length of time, it would hold the sticker in place.

I know there would have to be a lot of precise things happening for it to occur, but is it possible? There has been so much debate about why would KC put the sticker there, I just can't help wondering if we are over thinking this and it was just happenstance, nothing more.

Maybe, in her haste and stupidity, Casey made some attempts at staging the crime scene/body. Now I know this makes little sense in conjunction with the other items with the body, the area of deposit, etc. but I think that is a MAJOR caution in this case above all other... do NOT try to make sense of what Casey did. She has no sense. She has cunning but not sense.

So, back to staging... perhaps in the recesses of her mind she unconsciously dredged up a memory of some other case, like Jonbenet. Jonbenet had a little heart drawn in the palm of her hand when found. I don't know if Casey ever delved into details of other cases or not, but it's certainly a possibility that she knew of that detail since it is mentioned in many summary reports.

Jonbenet - heart in hand.
Caylee - heart over mouth.

I see Casey as having a very short fuse "the last jailhouse video" is evident of that. I can see her screaming at Caylee to shut up, she wanted to silence her. She was confronted for the last time about the stolen money from grandparents. She was leaving that house and the last thing she wanted or needed was this child that her mother idolized crying and screaming to go home.She was not about to leave her there with Cindy because that is what Cindy wanted and Casey was not going to give Cindy what she wanted. She is a very selfish person and I believe she killed her in a fit of rage. To me the heart was her way of saying that she loved her, but she didn't want her and she wasn't going to give her to Cindy either.

I don't believe we have been told whether or not the duct tape might have had some sort of hole in it where the mouth would have been. If it really were premeditated and chloroform played a part, then there could have been some attempt to drip chloroform through a small hole under a cloth with the sticker marking the spot. Or, the sticker could have been placed afterwards to seal off a small hole. I doubt if there is any remorse or loving reason with the sticker or the blanket. Caylee was probably laying on or covered with the blanket where she had her little horse as she thought she was going to take a nap. Casey had to look at the face of her child in order to put that sticker on, and she had to bag her up. A cloth bag inside a plastic bag could also prevent any possible tearing of plastic by the victim and enclose the body if there was tearing of that bag after being dumped. It all sounds pretty well thought out , but just went haywire after the act.

Macushla: While it is possible, I would say the chances are very slim that it wasn't taken directly off the sheet and placed on the duct tape due to the shape of the adhesive being visible to LE.

Txsvicki: If there was a hole, the adhesive would not be present at all. I don't think that theory is plausible. She also could have easily used a rag against the nose instead of dripping it in a little hole. Casey is about convenience.

there is no lingering love and a heartfelt sticker.

if anything Casey prob made herself feel better by putting a sticker on there..there...see it's not ugly, it has a heart on it....ok...so thats over with...time to go to Target and have a couple beers. that was really gross...I need new bras.

While it is possible, I would say the chances are very slim that it wasn't taken directly off the sheet and placed on the duct tape due to the shape of the adhesive being visible to LE.

SS: I know that is a big if - that is why I asked if the sticker was pressed against the duct tape for a period of time - body put face down in car or at eventual dump site. If it was pressed against it for a day or longer, then the adhesive would have been visible - particularly if it had only been lightly pressed against whatever it had been put on originally - say a shirt or something that it didn't stick to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming